Bryan Health Employee Reviews

Terrible culture
RN (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 2, 2019
Very top heavy culture, no respect for employees, big money for leaders but low wages for staff. Very nasty place to work. Overworked, underappreciated.
typical day
Labor and Delivery RN - Bryan Health (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 26, 2019
A typical day would include circulating the OR, admitting and discharging patients. Attend birth events and possibly tend to newborn at birth.I enjoy working with my coworkers.
Nursing
Staff RN (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 24, 2019
Overworked and underpaid. Management is more concerned with their numbers than employee safety and satisfaction. Patients are allowed to treat staff any way they like, and staff is just supposed to take it.
Cons
Management, Pay, Benefits
Learned alot
Register nurse (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 19, 2019
There is always changes happening. The new computer system is not very user friendly. There are a lot of learning opportunities. The constant staff turnover is a huge issue.
Pros
Always job openings
Cons
Staffing
Poor culture
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 21, 2019
The rehabilitation division within the organization has poor leadership. Certain people are targeted by upper management and held to higher standards than before. Preference is given to employees who are the same religious denomination as the supervisor. Staff outside of this religion are hired, but held to stricter standards. Expectations are unreasonable. Management has not real grasp of how the department functions on a day to day basis. Management leads with fear and intimidation. Supervisor continually writes staff up for events that do not occur, or based on fictitious information. When write ups occur, staff are not allowed to leave the supervisor's office until they have cried or appear emotionally broken. Terrible work environment!
Benefits
Cons
Management utilize fear tactics
Poor healthcare benifits
Interventional Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 17, 2019
Bryan is a great hospital with Wonderful staff and Doctors. I would recommend to anyone finding excellent care here. I will say that the health care benefits, considering how many employees they have are not too good.
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
poor health care with large deductible
Amazing workplace
Registrar II, Bed Control (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 15, 2019
This is an amazing place to work. The people are wonderful and the importance of patient care is excellent. Everyone treats everyone like family. They truly care about their employees
Cons
doctors are important but your not.
Nutrition Specialist team lead (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 1, 2019
I pay $600 a month for health insurance while working for a hospital, how wild!! Management has little knowledge of the the processes in place to run the kitchen.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
horrible health insurance, upper management lacks quality
Poor management
MLT (ASCP) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 27, 2019
Bryan is a great place to work, but if your looking for a laboratory position the management is poor. Theres no communication and alot of nepotism in management. Coworkers are great.
Pros
Lots of perks, and starbucks on sight.
Cons
Insurance change every year. Management
Budget cuts
Float Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NE 68502January 17, 2019
Bryan is a good company with an important mission. They provide excellent health care to many patients. They cut budgets and there were several staffing changes
If you're looking to be compensated well search elsewhere.
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJanuary 1, 2019
I worked in Support Services at LifePointe and ended up working in child care most of the time. I was told I would be customer service working with members that came in to the gym, not babysitting their children. I was told it would be rotating where I may be back in childcare once a month. I was there everyday! Why can't they hire someone that specifically wants to just be working with children?
I also got paid way under what I had expected. I could work at Target, McDonalds, or Costco and start way above where I started here. I have moved on to Costco where I am customer service and make over double what I made. I hear it's a great place to work if you are older and have a spouse that makes the money in your household and you don't need good insurance.
I figured at a medical fitness center you would be compensated better because it's the health field and I felt I would be making a difference in peoples lives.
Maybe at the actual hospital it's better.
Pros
Direct coworkers were friendly.
Cons
Pay, management, and hours were horrible, unless you like 5am or 10 pm.
productive and fun place to work
Records Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 17, 2018
Really enjoyed my co-workers, work environment, great benefits, my boss was super personable and a pleasure to work for. I really miss working for a company as great as Bryan, unfortunately I needed to relocate for personal reasons. However, if I could have stayed I really would have.
Pros
extremely flexible
Great co workers, bad administration
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 1, 2018
The management is spending too much time and money fixing things that are not broken. Cares more about numbers than anything else but refuses to give resources needed to reach those numbers
Bryan Health is a great place to work
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 27, 2018
Competitive wages and benefits.
Promote work life balance.
Many opportunities for transfers within the company.
Frequent rewards and recognition for a job well done and years if service.
Busy and rewarding
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NESeptember 18, 2018
Bryan has a culture of teamwork. You have the opportunity to be specialized in your nursing practice but you will be required to work on any floor at any time if they need you. You generally will be supported, however this is one area Bryan should provide more experience for their specialty nurses to practice skills that they may not have used since nursing school.
Pros
Compensation, education
Cons
Breaks rarely uninterupted
Terrible
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Lincoln. NeAugust 19, 2018
Terrible backwards place, if you are not from Nebraska , forget it! You will need to be drinking buddies / church buddies to even remotely fit in. Unfriendly staff ( except those from other places. ) generally unfriendly large population.
Pros
Close to home
Supportive and stimulating environment
Clinical Intern (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 6, 2018
As a Clinical Intern, I gained lots of experience at the Independence Center. I worked closely with my supervisor but was also involved with the other therapists and supporting staff. I gained lots of knowledge in the field of substance use and mental health as well as gained confidence in my ability to conduct both individual and group therapy sessions.
very sressfull
Distribution Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEAugust 2, 2018
work load is not even. poorly managed, if willing will work you till you collapse. The management does not listen to employee concerns. They tell you what they think you want to hear then do not follow through.
Nice Hospital Great Staff
EPIC Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJune 13, 2018
While contracted at Bryan Health, Staff was very friendly and helpful, The cafeteria offered good food and was reasonably priced. The staff was eager to learn and very accomodating
Overall decent
RN traveler (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 11, 2018
I worked for Bryan Healthcare for a 13 week assignment as a RN traveler. It was my first assignment and I took an assignment with them in Roseville, California. The location was great, the assignment was great. I hit a snag coming back home. Hurricaine Katrina hit my home on the last day of my assignment. I was supposed to fly back to New Orleans the next day, but the airport was closed. I had to book my own flight back home after the airport in Baton Rouge opened. Plus, I had to pay for my own flight back home! Not too supportive Bryan Healthcare.
Pros
Great locations
Cons
Not supportive in a crisis