Bryan ISD Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place to work!
INSTRUCTIONAL COACH (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 1, 2018
I love working for Bryan ISD. They treat their employees well! I cannot think of anywhere else I'd rather be that Bryan ISD! The benefits are amazing as well as the professional development opportunities throughout the year.
Life as a student worker
Technology Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 20, 2018
A "typical day" at work actually varies quite a bit. As a student worker, we are usually used to fill in the gaps left by anyone else in the office. Normally, we are used for delivering both technology and books to their respective campuses. However, we are also used to help with audits, inventory both tech and books, and really anything else our manager asks us to do.
This job heavily prefers you to be able to lift heavy objects, as well as drive an isd vehicle (need to be 21 years old or older to drive).
Pros
During semesters; 1hr lunches. Flexible work schedule. Awesome managers.
Cons
During Summers; Much more hectic, Need to work 40hrs a week, Far more labor intensive without addition pay
Professional, and Family Orientated
Instructional Assistant/Special needs Aide (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 21, 2018
Henderson Elementary was one of the best places I've ever worked for. My mornings were very welcoming and joyous when arriving for work. It was in the same manner when leaving work in the evenings as everyone would greet one another with love and peace. I learned what it meant to be part of a work family and a team player. This workplace embraces everyone's culture. For me the hardest part of this job was the pay was a bit low, as it was stressful, and demanding at times, but what made it worth while was the fact that it was appreciated by the entire work staff and being able to make a difference in not only the students life but the parents lives as well.
Pros
Acknowledgement of hard work, Benefits, being off while still being paid during summer months to enjoy with family, free monthly drinks and free lunch every 6 weeks for perfect attendance
Cons
Pay could be a bit more for aides
Bryan ISD
coach for the guards (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 18, 2018
Jane Long middle school is located in Bryan/College Station Texas. Wonderful staff and students there, been a long time or years since I have been back.
Very Rewarding!
Paraprofessional/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 12, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed working with children and being a part of their mental development. I also enjoyed working with the dedicated Faculty and Staff. Relocation is the only reason for leaving this position.
Substitute Teacher
Tutor - Spring (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 5, 2018
They don't take care of their people. Especially the subs. There is a great deal of competition for any teaching jobs so that keeps the salaries low. Good Luck.

The CEO then? No.
The one they have now? Yes
Can joke around while working but only a little and a place where you can come and just be yourself
Instructional Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TexasMarch 29, 2018
My day starts off by getting the students ready to work and getting them what they need. A normal day for me is getting hit, kicked and spit in everyday because kids don’t wanna do there work. The hardest part is when they start to spit on us because that is very nasty. And I enjoy going down to the kindergarten class in my free time and hang with them.
Positive, Encouraging, Rewarding work environment
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 18, 2018
Typical work day: M-F 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Paid for 187 school work days
Manage all elements in running library.
Must be able to work with little to no supervision.
Changing environment from books to computer based research area.
Pros
work with students
Cons
low pay
Terrible Superintendent (evil, vindictive, unskilled)
Director of Transportation (Former Employee) –  Bryan TXMarch 15, 2018
Terrible environment with female superintendent. Her first superintendent job and she is evil and not knowledgeable. She wears tight shirts and low skirts and looks like a sausage
not to bad to work for bisd
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 26, 2018
People were nice to work with. Principals were not very friendly to all staff. Definitely made it an uncomfortable work place at some times. Overall, not bad
To strenuous
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ben Milam Elem. Neal Elem. MLK BryanJanuary 15, 2018
My left elbow has a medal plate with screws holding my bone together. My right elbow has a Radiel Head replacement. The repetitiveness of reshelfing books became very painful. If a student volunteer made more work had to reshelf 50 % of there work.
Pros
I could of handled a less repetitive job.
Fun place
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJanuary 7, 2018
I loved my job the kids just got to much to handle.
The higher ups didnt seem to have your back.
Not very many hours unless you gotvan out of town field trip..
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No student disipline
A great place to learn!
Music Teacher (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXDecember 14, 2017
Working with parents and students from many different backgrounds helped understand and better relate myself with people who are different than I. I've learned along to the way to build solid relationships with others to ensure reaching our common goals.
Pros
Long Vacations
Cons
Pay
Bryan ISD
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 10, 2017
School districts are a great place to work due to flexible schedule, off weekends and Holiday`s you can carry your kid`s to and from school.

Being employed in a school offers several distinct benefits that are hard to find in other places of work.
Pros
Flexible schedule, off Weekends and Holiday`s
A well collaborative professional work place.
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXAugust 3, 2017
A great district for new teachers. Well run and much support. I am a 19 year teacher would like to teach 6 more years there and retire.

Taught eighth grade math. The over all work environment and interaction with peers was satisfying.

Well run organization.
Pros
Quality personal.
Cons
Wife wanted me to go earn a bit more on salary.....bad move.
Rewarding Career
Public School Teacher and Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 28, 2017
Bryan ISD is focused on growth for all members in the organization, with a focus on our customer, the children and their families. Working with students, parents, teachers and the wider community is rewarding. If being a person that makes a difference is your goal, then this is the career for you.
Pros
Strong Team, Vision and Mission, Benefits, Working with Children
Cons
Time Intensive
School District
Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TX 77803April 25, 2017
Mid size district, covers a large area with a wide variety of programs available to students. Two high schools and a large number of elementary and middle school campuses
Good for part time
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXApril 10, 2017
Kids can be very rowdy but not all classes are that way. Staff is very prepared to help out if you find yourself in trouble as well. Overall a very rewarding experience.
Productive and Caring Workplace
STAAR Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 28, 2017
Bryan ISD is full of loving and supportive teachers and staff. I truly blossomed working with teachers and students. Not only did the students learn under my lessons, but I learned too. I am very pleased to have experience at this district.
District is realigning and I hope it improves morale.
Technology Support Center (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXMarch 27, 2017
District is realigning and I hope it improves morale. BISD does take it"s examples from other successful school districts, so there is a great opportunity for them to improve and grow.
Pros
Great Healthcare!
Cons
Not much room for advancement