Bryant & Stratton College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great college
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 14, 2018
my time i spent at this college the staff and teachers are very helpful and always there if you need anything even help looking for a job when ever i need it
Candidate should be self directed
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 12, 2018
Its a good place to work if you don't like corporate america office atmosphere. You'll need to review course work, be sure you have the same course material as your students and contact the publisher for access to the instructor manuals. I've love my time here.
Bryant&Stratton
Information Technology Instructor (Current Employee) –  Eastlake, OHJune 27, 2018
The hardest part of the job is to work with students who have difficulty maintaining a college career and staying focused on their success. This is also the most rewarding part, especially when you see them succeed.
The workplace culture is laid back and I never feel apprehensive to ask for advice or assistance. The management is great.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Pay
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 26, 2018
nice people to work for.and everyone had a good personality. Always got paid on time. I learned a lot about the company. I enjoyed being able to have lunch at the desk and got to know a lot of people.
Student learning is more important than teaching.
Program Director (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VA and Virginia BeachJune 26, 2018
The students are the best part of my job. Working with faculty is next best. The most difficult part of my job is balancing necessary tasks with needed ones.
Pros
Appearance of campus. Students and Faculty
Cons
Benefits Management support and communication
I loved to teach.
Instructor of Health Sciences (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 26, 2018
At this school, academic administration was excellent but its capabilities were limited by non academic office politics and directors with personal agendas, to be fair...most of those have since been removed and replaced.
Pros
Great Academic administration and leadership
Cons
Poor building directors and human resource management
No loyalty
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastlake, OHJune 22, 2018
Bryant & Stratton closed departments with no warning which left people without jobs. Some of these people are still struggling with employment. Most people felt they worked really hard within that company and were completely let down without any sympathy.
Pros
I had a great supervisor
Cons
The drama and lack of concern .
Great experience helped me in my teaching career
Director of Nursing (Former Employee) –  Eastlake, and Parma OhioJune 10, 2018
Promoted to Director of Nursing
Responsible for two Nursing sites
Taught OB, leadership, capstone, lab, and lifespan
Faculty was like family, everyone got alone great.
Most enjoyable part of job- student graduation
Most hardest part- when student does not pass NCLEX
Pros
co-workers and student, Ceo
Cons
when student fails their board exam
college program
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYMay 24, 2018
Worked there while obtaining my degrees in the IT field. Made it great to get hands on experience while getting my degrees. Wish it had been a fulltime job instead of a work study but helped alot
Professional faculty who care about their students
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIMay 23, 2018
My fellow faculty members are experts in their fields who care deeply about their students' success. The college's workplace politics are similar to other environments, no better or worse.
Amazing longevity of many associates
Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 17, 2018
Strong, forward thinking CEO with a creative vision for the future of the college. A traditional, semester based college willing to think differently about schedules and delivery methods in order to best serve students with a career based education.
Great place to work.
Faculty Instructor (Current Employee) –  Parma, OHMay 16, 2018
I come in according to the schedule I set around my classes. I prep for classes and I also set times for meeting with students. The flexibility is the most invaluable perk and the independence. I don't have anyone looking over my shoulder. They trust that we we will produce the required is outcomes and if for some reason outcomes are compromised, you are addressed respectfully and your issues are heard. Of course I wouldn't know about more complex issues, because I manage my courses and work accordingly and keep the lines of communication open with my Department Director, which prevents major issues. There's room for improvement in any workplace, but overall, I like where I work or get to fulfill a part of my calling.
ok
Executive Assistant to the Campus Director (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMay 16, 2018
Ok place to work. It's a college, so if you don't have a piece of paper saying you're a college graduate, don't expect to be promoted, regardless of your intelligence, skill sets & capabilities. They love to dangle a promotion if you receive your degree...from their college.
Great Place to Work
Associate (Current Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYMay 9, 2018
I would highly recommend B&SC if you are looking to get into education. They truly believe in their students, and work towards their success in all aspects of the business.
Very caddy place to work with lots of negativity and no room for advancement
Campus Admissions Rep (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIMay 7, 2018
I agree with other reviewers who mentioned this is a caddy organization to work you. There is no room for advancement and as an admissions advisor they had us all off of lead lists that were so old that many were disconnected numbers. The management is poor and they push you hard to achieve unachievable numbers. It’s all about the quantity of students and not the quality. They run the organization like a sterile corporate environment and not like a place for higher education. Any complaints I had for HR went unanswered and I was blamed for bringing them up instead. Not a safeor positive work environment. I would run as fast as you can from working here!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, terrible leads
Dont be fooled by the commercials
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMay 3, 2018
I worked part time while attending college. The department manager always had to be at odds with someone under her. It became a hostile place to work.
Fun but low pay
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2018
Fun and nice people but low pay. They made you do a ton of unnecessary paperwork. Also I didnt like making 2 year students do internships. Only the 4 year degree students should do internships.
Hard work
Receptionist in the Academic Office (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2018
Having to manage online and on campus is a bit much for someone my age (59), I worked as a work student as well.l have thought about quitting so many times but I push on. In have learned to encourage others to do the same.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Having to do online classes
Fun place to work
College Instructor (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYApril 29, 2018
Teachers worked collaboratively. Program directors provided support and training to their teachers. Dean was fair and communicated effectively. Instructors were given directions to follow curriculum and able to teach subject matter in their way.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
Losing sight of what they should be focusing on
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Orchard Park, NYApril 15, 2018
When I was hired, I was excited to have the ability to impact people who want better for themselves and start a career in higher education, but the shine of the new job wears very fast as the stress of the job takes over. Ever increasing enrollment goals and tuition cost results in feeling as you are just a hamster on a wheel continuously running, but never going anywhere. Within a few months, you realize, though thinly veiled as "you are changing lives", you are there is enroll anything who can complete the steps, regardless if you should or not.

This job doesn't allow for much time for re-energizing yourself as well; once of recruitment period is done, immediately on to the next.

You can get a decent amount of time off whether it be vacation or floating holiday use, but you are made to feel guilty for taking the time off.

There is favoritism within all levels of management allowing promotion for those who the manager likes versus those who are qualified. The same rules or standards are not held to everyone.

I believe the college can provide a good choice of career-focused education, as long as they need what is really important--the student-- in mind.
Pros
decent pay, time off, normal working hours
Cons
Healthcare cost, Lack of advance opportunities, Favoritism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bryant & Stratton College. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight