Bryn Mawr Trust Employee Reviews

Experienced a strong management team and dedicated coworkers.
Commercial lender/ relationship manager (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAAugust 10, 2019
Great experience, learned and was challenged. Good knowledge managers. Only left the position to make more money. TheBank does a great job of hiring team players that enjoy working together.
Mandatory weekends and minimal compensation
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 5, 2019
Banking schedules are awful and make it hard for you to leave your work at work for the weekend. Especially when you have to work during them. Compensation was less than to be desired. Good starting place for post high school or fresh out of college looking for a place holder before the next career move.
BMT is the wrong CHOICE
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PADecember 4, 2018
A typical day is doing all of the managers work. Hardest part of job is trying to communicate the reasons why they hire unqualified employees. Systems are antiquated, and moral is low. It’s who you know to get ahead, they can care less if you have been there long, they promise you advancement but must jump thru hoops to prove yourself. HR does not help nor could they care less. The company’s culture does not represent the values of the organization, leadership rather makie face then make decisions based on integrity,
Pros
Working with the right people makes a difference
Cons
Immediate superrvisors have no clue how to support staff.and talk to them with dignity.
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  Brookhaven, PAOctober 4, 2018
Pleasant company to work for. I enjoyed working for bryn mawr incentive was great along with employee and client tale was also great. Close to home. Follow manager from past job. Work well with others. Training was great.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
Slow pace
Just like high school!
Client Service Associate - BMT Asset Management (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 24, 2018
a lot of cliques. bosses play favorites. rules of the company do not apply to everyone. its impossible to get a decent raise or cost of living increase. its so insignificant you don't even notice it in your paycheck
Great Work Enviorment
HR Temp (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 21, 2018
The environment is great for growth and personal career advancement. The position allows freedom in decision making while pushing for effective process developments.
Pros
Flexible hours, great work environment
I love working here
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 17, 2018
I love working here, and I don't plan on leaving any time soon. Beings though my major and focus was nursing converting over to banking was such an eye opener and honestly I wish I would've looked into this career sooner.
Pros
great staff, great vibes, great opportunity
Cons
no cons
Fantastic Work Experience
Equity Research Summer Analyst (Sector Focus (Former Employee) –  Devon, PAJuly 9, 2018
This company is great and the people are so much fun to work with. Lots of intelligent people who are committed to providing top-notch client service.
Pros
surrounded by driven employees
Great Beginning Lead to Sad Ending For Me
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 9, 2018
When I started working for BMTC it was a small community bank with 8 branches and approximately 200 employees. The best part about working there was interacting with the other employees. It was an open door company where the President would regularly interact with everyone. Through the years BMTC has accomplished multiple mergers and acquisitions, and grown to over 40 branches & over 600 employees. Great for the bottom line, but crushing for employee moral. Sad to say, the working environment has changed drastically, and is no longer a nice place to work. Very corporate & cold. Many long time employees have been eliminated and I was one of them.
great contract job
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJune 6, 2018
I Worked with all levels of employees and everyone was easy to get along with.
The position was a contract job lasting only 8 months but it was a pleaseure working with my project team.
Not good
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Wayne, PAJune 4, 2018
I would not go back to this company, it was a very stressful environment. The management were cutthroat and it was a boys club. I would never consider them not even for personal banking.
Great Compensation
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAApril 13, 2018
Great benefits and compensation. Lack of advancement opportunities. Lack of Development opportunities. Management training and quality is lacking. Culture is exclusive. Fast paced work environment
Pros
Great Compensation
Cons
Lack of Development, Advancement opportunities, poor middle management training
Many opportunities to excel
Risk Itern (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAApril 8, 2018
The culture was one where you were given a task and were able to complete it without being micromanaged. You were given a lot of responsibility as an itern, which allows you to excel and create opportunities to prove your worth to the company.
Pros
Wasn't micromanaged as an itern
Cons
Unpaid lunches
Some nice banking products
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2018
Stay away. No respect for employees, especially managers. Branches expected to run on minimal employees. People overworked and underpaid. Poor technology.
Pros
Hours of operations
Cons
Enjoy the atmosphere of the branch
Universal Banker I (Current Employee) –  Glen Mills, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Work is work, but working in the branch I work at is fun and always challenging. I enjoy the business but I do not enjoy my pay or the benefits. but a great company alltogether
I hated working for bryn mawr trust company
Senior Wire Technician (Former Employee) –  801 LANCASTER AVE WAYNE BRANCHDecember 5, 2017
Hated it! People are not good to there employees. Leadership is never encouraging. Don't care about there employees. Every man for himself mantality. Worst company I ever worked for.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Service partners and management never work together
When I first started the job was awesome. Employees were happy you could laugh and enjoy waiting on the clients
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PAOctober 16, 2017
But Saturday’s were introduced and a couple of years later they introduced the sales culture which was a big eye opener to a bank that really never had one. I tried to hang tough with it but we had a small branch with the same clients all the time and started to wear on us I was unable to meet their goals and they seemed to look for any reason to dismiss those who couldn’t meet them
Pros
Paid time off, fair benefit package most of the employees are awesome
Cons
Hard sales culture. Saturdays
Poor management, company still runs on old thinking and favors friends/family.
Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAOctober 10, 2017
This company is the worst place I've worked at. I don't recommend this to anybody. In 6 months I've seen 5 people quit. Management runs company more like a political orginazation then a bank.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Poor management
OK place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, PASeptember 21, 2017
I worked at the Bryn Mawr Trust Bank as a summer teller. Two weeks of training was provided prior starting the job. Coworkers were friendly and willing to help. However, the level of available technology and operation do not commensurate with the volume of service that should be provided to the customers. The bank was working understaffed and had to provide plenty of services to its customers.
Fast Paced and Challenging
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bryn Mawr, PAJuly 26, 2017
Good Company to work for.
Growing Company with opportunity to advance.
Friendly co-workers.
They deliver excellent service to their customers.
All departments work well together.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bryn Mawr Trust. Our community is ready to answer.