BSA Health System Employee Reviews

Low morale environment which leads to extreme competing between staff, encouraged by management.
Lead Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 9, 2019
Poor training by managers, extending to staff. Staff is encouraged to instigate conflict between other staff to promote their career.
Staff is not given encouragement by director.
Patient care is not always the leading factor for care.
Pros
Cons
Staff
Excellent place to work
Inpatient Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 24, 2019
My day would start out checking emails and any phone messages. I would then gather my charts to code and begin coding. The workplace culture was the most encouraging and rewarding. Management was always available to assist with any issue encountered and went above and beyond to make sure the employees, patients and visitors had everything they needed. The hardest part of the job had to be feeling that you could not do enough to get everything completed faster.
Pros
Great management support.
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities.
Work ethics
Other (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 22, 2019
Work ethics are not good. Favorites in all departments. Some people can do stuff but others cant. Some managers are ok. Some need to be evaluated. Need more random drug testing!!
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Cant transfer to another job, low pay
Great Place to Work
EKG/Stress/EEG technician (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Just like BSA's Vision, BSA is a wonderful place to work and takes great care of our patients. It really sets the bar for me in my experience in health care. It has gave me so much opportunity to grow in my knowledge in health care. I am very appreciative of my employer and am very proud to be part of the BSA healthcare team.
Pros
Wonderful workplace culture
Cons
Na
Poor Management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dining centerJanuary 5, 2019
I worked there for as a cashier. I was loyal and reliable and came to work when they needed me. They fired the almost entire night shift for standing up for ourselves. They say we can stand up for ourselves and they fire us when we do. They said we were bullying the manager but we weren’t he was bullying us for wanting to have a life outside of work. When you work with people for so long you become friends and when you are there all the time you only see theses people and we wanted to see our friends outside of work and they got mad. We were always questioned why we were taking PTO days no matter what it was. I didn’t get fired I walked out because they fired the night shift without cause and I thought it wasn’t right so I left. There was no communication going on with the higher ups and it was always stressful. They lost a lot of people and I’m pretty sure it’s not over yet. Don’t work here they will do the same to you.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management
Very Poor Managment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 2, 2019
I love the staff I work with but management is horrible.
The manager will sit in his office all day long on his phone or computer. Nomatter how busy it is on the floor he will not come out & help. He is good with a desk job but is not meant to have food service jobs. He is too precious to get his hands dirty. We recently got new ice machine & registers & they break everyday, we get yelled at by customers but the manager does not care cuz it’s not him being yelled at. He just fired 5 ppl for going to hr on his poor management skills so now everyone is too scared to speak up about his attitude.
Pros
Coworkers/food
Cons
Management is horrible
Management in the dining center 2 faced amd fake and very lazy
Former shift leader (Former Employee) –  Dining centerDecember 29, 2018
I was recently an employee in the dining center shift leader to be exact and it started off great cuz we had a full staff then gradually they were cutting our staff or not trying to hire people so all the work *<
6 left for us 2 shift leaders on top of getting our manager duties done it was very stressful being overworked not appreciated and managment didnt care appreciating employees
Pros
The food os good os all
Cons
Management and the director suck and are not appreciative of there staff
Great learning experience with amazing people willing to teach you.
Certified Nurse Aid/ Health Unit Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 8, 2018
The work environment is amazing. The staff is very welcoming and is willing to help advance your knowledge and skills. I would recommend working for BSA to all.
Fun workplace and awesome job
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 7, 2018
This job had lots of duties, had lots of room to advance, and there was always something new to learn or to advance your knowledge. The people i worked with were fun and outgoing!
Small office. Alot of work
CREDENTIALING SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 6, 2018
Worked closely with teammates to ensure our healthcare professionals were credentialed in a timely fashion to make sure their files were reviewed by all 3 board committees. I learned the hospital aspect of the credentialing role. Hardest part of the job was making sure that everything was prepared for the board meetings. I enjoyed the research side of the job when I had to find the hard to verify schools, employment, references, etc.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Permission needed to take lunch out of the office
good place to work
Scheduler I (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 21, 2018
Its a good place to work. You will make a lot of great friends and great co-workers. They understand if you have family problems for sure. But they can also very supportive as well.
Too much slack
Warehouse Tech (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 18, 2018
Favored workers did less work as the unfavorable or those that refused to kiss butt had to pull the extra work load. Which included reduced hours for internal theft amongst surgeons/managers and whomever else involved in the inappropriate act of theft.
Pros
More holiday's paid than last job but paid off.
Cons
Criticism is not bad but their methods were.
This is not only an amazing hospital but it's a great place to work
Patient Account Representative/Office Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 12, 2018
I loved working at bsa. Worked around professionals that were very tuned in to their patients and their health. Benefits were good along with the pay.
N/a
Director of Printing Services (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 27, 2018
Was a great institution to work for until it became a "for-profit" healthcare hospital. Not enough focus on developing employees and patient care, too much bottom line financials and cutting corners.
typical day
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 22, 2018
When i arrived at work i will get my stuff together until it was time to go to my floor then when it was time I would go. When I arrive to my floor i would go to different rooms and take their orders
Managers did not care about their employess.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 12, 2018
They had their favorites and if you were not one of them they could care less about you. You are expected to show up yo work even if you are throwing up and running a temperature and even though you are sick you are still required to go into patient rooms with people that are already sick and take the chance of spreading more germs.
Mission and Vision
Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX 79106April 19, 2018
BSA has a wonderful mission and vision in which I went to work to LIVE OUT daily. I wish the Mission and Vision of BSA were as important today as they were 10 years ago.
Loved the staff!!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Loved the staff. Worked well together. A former manager, that I heard is no longer there, made the work place very depressing and not a place you wanted to be at unless you just had to.
Pros
Great cafeteria, loved the other employees I worked with!
Cons
The former manager.
Fast paced and competitive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 20, 2018
The day can be stressful and fast paced with very little downtime. While there are some very cooperative employees the majority seem to feel the way to get things done is to be ugly and aggressive.
Pros
Clean environment, Lunch discounts
Cons
Stressful
Used to be a place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 9, 2018
BSA used to be such a great place to work!! It was a "not for profit" organization but then they decided to sell out to Ardent. In my opinion that was a big mistake because that is when the culture began to change and not for the better. :-(

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BSA Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

BSA Health System Reviews by Location