BSA Health System Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Too much slack
Warehouse Tech (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 18, 2018
Favored workers did less work as the unfavorable or those that refused to kiss butt had to pull the extra work load. Which included reduced hours for internal theft amongst surgeons/managers and whomever else involved in the inappropriate act of theft.
Pros
More holiday's paid than last job but paid off.
Cons
Criticism is not bad but their methods were.
N/a
Director of Printing Services (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 27, 2018
Was a great institution to work for until it became a "for-profit" healthcare hospital. Not enough focus on developing employees and patient care, too much bottom line financials and cutting corners.
typical day
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 22, 2018
When i arrived at work i will get my stuff together until it was time to go to my floor then when it was time I would go. When I arrive to my floor i would go to different rooms and take their orders
Managers did not care about their employess.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 12, 2018
They had their favorites and if you were not one of them they could care less about you. You are expected to show up yo work even if you are throwing up and running a temperature and even though you are sick you are still required to go into patient rooms with people that are already sick and take the chance of spreading more germs.
Loved the staff!!!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 28, 2018
Loved the staff. Worked well together. A former manager, that I heard is no longer there, made the work place very depressing and not a place you wanted to be at unless you just had to.
Pros
Great cafeteria, loved the other employees I worked with!
Cons
The former manager.
Fast paced and competitive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 20, 2018
The day can be stressful and fast paced with very little downtime. While there are some very cooperative employees the majority seem to feel the way to get things done is to be ugly and aggressive.
Pros
Clean environment, Lunch discounts
Cons
Stressful
Work environment is productive
MLT (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 16, 2017
BSA creates a great working environment me supports their employees and their growth. They care about their employees not only as a worker but as an individual as well.
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXOctober 22, 2017
I enjoyed the work environment. Job security. There was a lack of appreciation between physicians and nurse practitioners, that caused the environment to be unpleasant at times.
Pros
Job security, good benefits, appreciative clients
Cons
No ability to grow and advance
Medical Records
Medical Records - Transcription Clerk (Former Employee) –  1200 S Wallace BlvdAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work my job was to make sure the documentation was in proper charts and answering phones and picking up charts off the floor and help with front desk duties and fax documents.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Great People to Work with.
Social Work Case Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 24, 2017
I have learned how to network. I have also learned how to be self-sufficient and problem-solving. I love meeting new people and the ever changing environment.
productive and cultural based workplace
Central Supply Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 16, 2017
I enjoyed the diverse cultures that I came in contact with on a daily basis. I liked that each situation was different and the challenge of the situation gave me a thrill. I truly love what I do and made a awesome career choice
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Easy job great money
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 14, 2017
The job is great on team work and benifits. Welcomes all new employees with open arms. Pay is great and the food is even better. Management is one of a kind
Great workplace
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  1600 Wallce BlvdJuly 7, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with some wonderful doctors and some nurses I enjoy working at BSA I got to meet a lot of different people take care of lot of people
Pros
Awesome dining room to buy lunch
Cons
The breaks are always short at the hospital but I enjoy working there anyway
Basically good people all around.
Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 30, 2017
Transcribed as quickly and accurately from doctor's dictation, meeting basic production criteria. Incentive was offered for typing over the minimum requirement, allowing for more income depending how fast and productive you were. A very good job to have. The girls I worked with were all kind and considerate. The manager was understanding but firm.
Pros
Discount on lunches, BSA employee discounts at Verizon, Kwik Kar.
Cons
Dental insurance could be better.
Productive and fun workplace
Registered Nurse- Employee Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 24, 2017
A typical day work involved performing preemployment physicals and drug screens and handling job related workplace injuries. I gained a lot of experience in worker's compensation and working with the adjustors and injured employees. The workplace culture was a Christian environment for which I was grateful. The hardest part of the job was having to juggle daily activities that were scheduled with preemployment needs that were unscheduled. The most enjoyable part of the job was the variance of job duties and working with the many employees in the facility.
Pros
Good working hours, good benefits
Cons
No time for breaks
Productive and a fun place to work
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 9, 2017
It's a fast paced job , i scheduled appointments for patience with their Personal Physician, generated requested information. I really loved working both for the patients and their Physician.
Pros
Very friendly and helpful co-workers
Cons
no cons
A wonderful place to work that exemplifies Customer Service in the Healthcare Industry
PCA (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXApril 1, 2017
BSA prides itself on its customer service approach to the Healthcare industry. The message and culture of this is exemplified in training. For the most part Management works effectively and efficiently, however some floors may be better managed than others.
Excellent
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 31, 2017
Friendly people and friendly environment. They work with you when you need schedule change or just need help. its overall a great, loving place to work.
working and learning differnt things
BSA Business Office (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMarch 29, 2017
I enjoyed working on a lot of different files and in an office with nice people willing to help me out. I was able to listen to my radio and work on all my paper work it was a lot of fun.
Pros
a full time postion
Cons
not enough credit
Fun and productive place to work
Area Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 27, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I loved talking to and interacting with the patients and my coworkers. I would clean rooms while the patients were in the room. I would make ready rooms when patients went home. I would clean restrooms and throw away trash in the main areas. Sweep and mop main areas.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Management and short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BSA Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight