BSN Sports Employee Reviews

Csr role
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 29, 2019
Very high paced, stressful job making sure sales pro's are proficient and held accountable for their business they are writing up. You are working with zero margin for error so that can be very stressful. There is really no room for advancement in the company unless you work in the corporate office in Dallas Texas but even then, positions are few and far between. Hours are great, pay is low for the area and market. The benefits are okay but I think could be better for the size company. Over all, its a decent job.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Pay, benefits, advancement opportunities
Fun.
Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake Katrine, NYJanuary 11, 2019
Don’t mess up or call out or. They fire you in a pinch. Place is dirty. People will rat on you if they don’t like you. You can work what ever hours. You want tho
Pros
Standing around.
Relaxed team based environment
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, INDecember 3, 2018
Overall good job and full time just low paying for the job that it is and entails. Great team of coworkers and supervisor was super cool and awesome to work for.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low pay
If you love Sports this is the place
CSR - Dallas Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXNovember 29, 2018
Great place to work for. I enjoyed my time working around a great set of Co-Workers.. I would love the go back when the time is right, this is true the one job that you can pull up to in the morning and be very happy that you are an employee...
Pros
All the latest Sports Gear
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 8, 2018
I would set my own schedule and meet with coaches and ADs to get them prepared for their upcoming sports seasons. The culture was great. We always had several people to reach out to for support- it is a real "team oriented" company.
management is awful
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 4, 2018
Management is horrible! never get promoted. spend more in gas driving to schools than you make. very stressful. no help when you need it. bosses tell you one thing then they do the complete opposite
Pros
Cons
never get promoted
Ups and Downs
Inside Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 28, 2018
There are some positives about BSN Sports, but more responsibilities and expectations are placed on employees over time without any monetary compensation or recognition. You are replaceable and made to feel that way majority of the time.
Great learning experience overall
Production Designer for Screen Print (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 27, 2018
Day to day, I managed art for screen printing and which allowed me to learn the ins and outs of the whole production process. I also was responsible for communicating with the sales people effectively. I enjoyed the culture of the work place as well and developed relationships with some great people. Great environment for learning out of college.
Pros
when we were not busy we could print personal projects
Cons
Short lunch breaks
Company is a mess
Installer/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 24, 2018
Management does not coordinate well with employees. They tell you one thing and then the next day tell you another. The salesmen also do not coordinate with the installers. They promise the customers certain things that the installers cannot do.
promises
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2018
was promised to keep all accounts when BSN purchased Jerry's. in all was able to keep less than 20%. Was lied to from the beginning to keep me from going to a competitor.
BSN makes money, and allows employees to play soccer on the dock when work is slow.
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 16, 2018
Was a fun place to be, but due to the LACK OF PAY, and the LACK OF CAREER ADVANCEMENT, I would not recommend an enemy to work there At least my supervisor was cool though.
Pros
Got some free gear, (Nike products from time to time), and BSN catered from time to time.
Cons
Low pay, not enough raises, no advancement, and health insurance too high.
Love working in the sporting goods industry
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 8, 2018
Great initial job, but promotions into management are far and few between. Compensation for workload is not ideal. Good way to learn about sporting good products and vendor relations.
Pros
In- house gym and employee lounge
Cons
expectatipn of working after regular hours. Rep to manager ratio is really high.
2nd Shift Production (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2018
Work was based on online orders. Must follow specific instructions from customer in each order, no matter how big or how small of a order.

Must be able to work in a quick-pace matter.
Hurry up and wait but with a smile
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  District Heights, MDJune 6, 2018
Although my time at BSN was short due to preplained opportunities elsewhere I did find BSN an okay place to work. There is however very little room for career growth and moving up to management is almost non existent. The work load has a very chaotic side to it. During periods of time throughout the year they have a few months of non stop, hurry up, do not get behind work then moments of Where is the work? The work space and environment is very tight and leaves very little room to move around freely. The staff is very friendly and family oriented and yes family member and generation do work together.
Pros
Self pace and allow to work indepently with creativity
Cons
No room for advancement or training
N/a
Machine operator, Embroidery (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 20, 2018
It was a good place to work at. Well at least for me. Pretty much alla we did on a daily basis was run the embroidery machine to put logos on clothes.
Good Company
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 14, 2018
Good company. Great opportunity to develope CRM/SAP skills. Fun and intertgetic. GREAT training. High pressure to perform in busy season but the tools available at your disposal make the job much more efficient. Generally the sports/apparel industry is something most buyers find interesting which make the job more fun.
Pros
Job Security, SAP and CRM Trainng
Cons
Management seems to always be changing. Bonus plans were always changing.
Summary
Administrative Assistant/CSR-Full Time (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 30, 2018
Company was a great company to work for, spend lots of time training their people. Don't skimp on computers or any of the day to day needs. Willing to work around your needs
Operator
Operator of M&R Sportsman machine (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 10, 2018
Verify each order that you need to do it. Make sure all the color that you need to use are correct. Complete the registration of the order. Then, you need to do a sample and bring that to the manager for approve.
Great out of College Experience Little Room to Advance
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 3, 2018
Little to no advancement. Poor pay. Work environment swayed between unbearable and fun at times. Do not expect to make a career at this facility. If you're in need of experience, then this is a fine place to start.
Too soon to tell
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  ConvenientMarch 11, 2018
I have only been with the company a few months. It's really too soon to tell how I really like the company. Headquarters is in Dallas, so rarely do I interact with them.
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BSN Sports. Our community is ready to answer.