BT Employee Reviews

Found 220 reviews matching the search See all 2,196 reviews
Network Consultant (Former Employee) –  United InMarch 24, 2019
Good company, learnt a lot and provided support to grow my career and technical expertise. Would work for them again if I was given the chance. Overall a good place to work.
Fun place to work
Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMarch 7, 2019
Great place to work. Traveling and seeing different parts of the United States. If your a single man with no kids. Perfect place to work. Great pay and great coworkers
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Being away from family
BT is a global Telecom company
Sr. Security Engineer, Managed Security Services (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 5, 2019
Great environment to work for. Good talent and understands the customer requirements and delivers. Global customer base and works with various compliance bodies to implement the the latest technology
Pros
Global Company
Cons
Focused in U.K based
Forward thinking
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Home workerJanuary 30, 2019
Homeworker for 12 years. Great experience gain in PM work. Excellent team culture. Hardest part was was meeting deadline objectives in short timescales. Most enjoyable part was the excellent team work that everyone contributed to in meeting all deadlines.
Pros
no travel requirements for home working
Cons
Management encouraged on having a very young workforce only
Challenging but rewarding workplace
Strategy Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 24, 2019
Overall I grew into a much better leader and was empowered to make difficult decisions.

I was encouraged how the vision and mission of the company was at front and center. We had close to 100% buy in.
Very competitive and at times combative place.
Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 22, 2019
Loved the people but the culture lacked for a reboot.

Constant changing of senior management what seemed annually. Fear used as a motivation tool versus support or guidance.
BT over the last 2 decades
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  ManyJanuary 11, 2019
As a manager, I found no 2 days were the same. That is one of the great things about BT is the variety and opportunities to make a positive difference. The other great thing is the opportunity to move roles and develop new skills and friendships all within the security and safety of a blue chip FTSE100 company. The downside is personal development is often a side ways move, little opportunity for promotion within the area you work in.

The workplace culture is one of continuous improvement and making a difference. Lean ways of working have on the whole become part of the DNA of everyday work and evidenced by the significant performance improvements I have witnessed. in addition, whenever there is a crisis, BT people do really rally together to support each other.

Management is a bit hit and miss, I have had a number of great managers that really cared and wanted to help me develop and grow. Unfortunately I have also experience bullying and harassment a number of times which has become more subtle over the years but is what it is and yet to be fully eradicated.

The hardest part is you need to do more than your standard 36 hrs to do a great job and be a caring / supportive manager. Work life balance is very difficult to achieve albeit there is some compensation in terms of rewards, recognition and bonuses. The other main challenge is the constant change and reorganisation of the company - it's simply too much. BT really needs to allow more time for the benefits of change to make there mark... too often, management ran from one initiative to the next with hardly a moment
  more... to breathe.

The most rewarding part as a BT manager is helping people develop and grow, finding talent, getting my teams into the right roles at the right time. It's those one on one moments supporting a colleague with a home issue, mental health challenge, a drink addiction that have been a blessing to them and in turn to me. In the last few years BT has recognised it has needed to improve managers and a number of excellent initiatives like Management Essentials, Inspirational Leadership Programme and Pioneers have on the whole made a huge difference to engagement and well being... and I am a much better people manager as a result.
Pros
Lots of variety, good in a crisis, continuous improvement focus
Cons
Lots of change poorly managed, variability of people managers
Excellent Vacation time
GLOBAL US RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 11, 2019
The vacation time was the best thing about the company. We received: 3 weeks vacation, 40 hours floating holiday ,56 sick hours and 24 volunteer hours
Pros
vacation time
Cons
no room for advancement
Vacation time
GLOBAL US RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 10, 2019
The vacation time was awesome. You got 3 weeks of vacation 1 week of floating holiday 56 sick hours 24 hours of volunteer. The vacation time increased based on years of service.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
No room for advancement
Fun and excellent place to work
Operations Manager of the Americas (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 7, 2019
I enjoy working with a dedicated staff and very good workplace culture. I found the company very rewarding when we achieved our goals and objectives. I would strongly recommend BT.
BT great long term company
Home based worker (Current Employee) –  Home (Barnsley)January 1, 2019
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at BT..(24 years) and I highly recommend.
Just looking for the next challenge in career. Hope this helps.
.....................
Pros
Great salary
Service Request Manager
Service Request Manager (Former Employee) –  Budapest, MONovember 22, 2018
It was a bit strange in the beginning that I didn't know what I am going to do for a while. The work was okay, mostly administrative tasks, Very repetitive and stressful. Lower Management was excellent higher management was terrible.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
repetitive
Friendly working environment.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 8, 2018
Friendly working environment. Good team work. Multiple culture tolerance. Good salary.
Lack of communication between management and employee. High employee turnover rate.
Daily work
Senior Tier III Network Engineer- Operations (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 6, 2018
-work in Critical and Major incidents
-conference calls with clients/site owners on network issues
-work with problem management team for long pending issues
-perform audit on critical/major changes which are scheduled for the week.
Productive Customer Focused
Global ICT Solutions- Sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2018
We offering new technology solutions to global and wholesale customers. It was a global company so getting internal support was difficult but was able t navigate. I enjoyed working with customers.
Excellent Graduate program
PMO Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 2, 2018
I joined the BT Graduate program. It was an excellent program allowing new entrants, as opportunity to work in different departments, to understand the culture of the company , and where possibly, which direction you wish to take your career.
Not a bad place to work but management still not sure what to do with the company direction
Managing Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2018
BT is an interesting place to work. They have very mature business practices but lack the ability to move quickly in this marketplace. Generally the people are nice and not too many are looking to step on others to get ahead.
Pros
Mature business practices, flexible hours and work location
Cons
Very slow to react to market changes, some management issues
Pressure place to work
SME (Subject Matter Expert) (Former Employee) –  Remote - Home OfficeAugust 30, 2018
Very under staffed and long hours and after hours work common practice. Hard to balance work and family. Culture made you feel job was always in jeopardy even from corporate communications.
A productive and intensive environment for entry level..
SQL DBA (Former Employee) –  LONDONAugust 23, 2018
A healthy and productive working environment for starters. Employers ideas and opinions are put into consideration. Team player is one of the most essential key among the staffs. Analytical problem solving with little time.
Pros
the team player, conducive working environment and staffs communication skill
The BT Way
Senior Customer Success Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 6, 2018
No one communicates effectively internally or with clients. When you need something quickly for a client like a SOW, MSA or even an SME the teams would commit to the client then disappear leaving you sitting in front of the client with nothing but excuses. When escalated internally about the issues we were told it was the "BT Way" and we need to adjust client expectation to the delivery. BT has lost touch with their own products, client delivery, and employee experience. They outsourced so much of their internal functions it was hard to tell who was an actual BT Employee and who was from a BPO this includes HR/
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BT. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss