BTI Solutions Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great co-workers but low pay
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 16, 2018
I wouldn't recommend it to experienced engineers because of the low pay rate but it's a great place to start if you want to jump into the tech industry. It's an eye opening experience and you'll learn a lot.
Pros
co-workers, gaining knowledge
Cons
low pay rate, no paid time off, no paid holidays
Not even a good short term option.
Field Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 26, 2017
Overall I enjoyed my coworkers. Everyone I meet was friendly and intelligent. The job itself was simple, and most people can master it within 2-3 weeks.

The pay and benefits are 20-30% below market for similar jobs and experience in the Bellevue area. We requested a cost of living consideration that was flat out denied by upper management. HR seemed confused when I had questions and inconsiderate with their answers.

Training was some of the worst I have seen. No standard operating procedures were ever given to me. Forms that were to be sent on to the client someone would hover over my shoulder while I filled them out and if there was an error I would receive anger emails with threats of firing for minor paperwork mistakes. No opportunities to exercise engineering or computer science skills where ever presented. My few attempts to keep up my skills were passively blocked by security protocols that I could not get permission to work around.

A non-compete clause prevents you from moving over to the client side. Few clients and slow growth means there is little opportunity for advancement. Middle management seemed to have gained their position by attrition rather then ability.

The team you work with will dramatically change the hours you are expected to work. Weekend work was normal as was 12-14 hour days. Travel with little warning was also common.

I never got the impression that there was any long term planning on BTI's part. Mostly, we responded to vague client requests with little understanding of the parameters we were testing for. I never felt a sense of project
  more... ownership or that we were moving towards a goal.  less
Pros
Friendly coworkers, hour long lunch breaks
Cons
pay, benefits, lack of training, few advancement opportunities, few uses of engineering or computer science skills
Contractors are overworked and underpaid
FIELD TEST ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJune 10, 2017
Decent job for 1-2 years, but after gaining the experience, move to something better. In addition, not all positions are equal in terms of work hours and working requirements, but pay and pay increase is minimal regardless of aptitude or education level.

Job turnover and burnout is very high in most positions. Job advancement​ is very unlikely, however because of the high turnover changing positions is very common.

Management is highly varied, in positions that directly report to client most work is manageable but capable working aptitude is required; in positions that indirectly report to the client via Middle Managers, work is simple, but there are too many miscommunications and far too much is expected from the contractor.

There is no employee handbook or list of useful information given to new employees. Most job training is done in the field, and organization of information is inconsistent and is often misplaced.

Most field tests take place in moving vehicles while looking at stationary screens. Professional dress is minimal, except when to enforce job security. Work hours can be long, and a couple hours of overtime is standard.
Pros
Healthcare, Entry Level Position, H1B Sponsor
Cons
Pay, Pay increase, Work-Life Balance
Learned so many skills related to new technology trials
RF Field Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJMay 30, 2017
Had successfully completed multiple technology trials representing my client. BTI solutions is a good startup for freshers and with no confluences. Thank my contracting company to provide me an opportunity.
Productive and good working environment
Junior RF Protocol Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXApril 28, 2017
It's a good working place who likes to do RF engineering. I've enjoyed working for BTI Solutions and gained good experience about network protocol and lab testing.
Great Place to Work
Project Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJanuary 10, 2017
BTI was a great place to work, with good coworkers and strong management. Worked alongside great people that made for great memories.