Buc-ee's Employee Reviews

Managers do not listen, strict environment, no discounts what so ever
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Denton, TXOctober 17, 2018
Fast paced, cut throat, rude employees, managers seem pompous, only way to advance is who you know or who’s butt to kiss, no breaks, have to ask permission to use bathroom, cannot have cell phone turned on at all, cover any tattoos, employees are easily replaceable you are just a number to them
manager
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXOctober 12, 2018
only 2 managers at bucees were okay. the female manager did not like you if you were not a girl. i worked hard and one of the most trained non managers and no career opportunities
fun work place
Foodservice (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 9, 2018
what was a fun and ok place to work some day work was hard but with the people that I was working with made it fun and easier to deal with. It's pretty easy job
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short breaks
No respect for hard working employees
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXOctober 7, 2018
Been in food & beverage for 30 yrs. Absolutely the worse company I’ve ever worked for! Micromanaging at it’s worse! Monitor employees every move. Literally! Cameras and audio EVERYWHERE. 8 hr shift (usually more if busy!) you are allowed a 5 minute “moment” as they call it. You pay full price and pay cashier, then work until your food is ready. You can not sit, must stand at small round table and eat. They record you while you eat. If longer than 5 min, you will be called to the office and told you were “watched” and took too long. You are assigned side work as well as your required work in your area, so they get every penny out of you. If caught idol for even a second, they will add more side work. Obvious display of partiality from management. Treated better if you’re in “the click”! Good, hardworking coworkers and it is so sad the lack of respect they give you. Employees are usually from rural areas around store locations and do not have much to choose from that offer decent pay. If asked what do you like about working at Buc-ee’s, reply “the money”. The owners have made a fortune and show such a lack of respect to those good people who make it happen for them!!!
Pros
For the most part, your coworkers
Cons
Everything else
Fun environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXSeptember 27, 2018
I loved working there, you stay busy and they pay really great. Managers are nice, and working there was fun and i was always excited to get up and go to work
Awesome place to work
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Fun workplace and very nice and fast paced and very clean. I would recommend working for this company. Very caring company to work for always try to help employees out
Don't work here if you have a soul
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 24, 2018
I should have ran in the other direction after the interview process. It consisted of the manager constantly ragging on Buc-ee's (maybe as an interview tactic) about how horrible it was. (No breaks, no chairs, if you're on the phone its immediate termination etc. Weirdest part was finding out they are recording you on video camera and audio recording you, even in bathrooms.) Since I needed a job badly, I tried justifying how horrible other people have described Buc-ee's the best I could do. I was extended an offer the next day.

I worked the second shift (2-10pm) and was expected to show up early and clock in on time. I was also expected to stay until midnight countless times. Very disorganized. Managers play favorites.

Finally left this job after finding a better job with better pay. Buc-ee's has a high turnover rate, a word of advice is to never care too much about a job that will replace you in a day. The stressful work environment is not worth selling your soul to make $15/hr.
Pros
High wage for working at a glorified gas station.
Cons
You are expected to work like a robot.
Decent job hard to move up
Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Wharton, TXSeptember 21, 2018
Managers are by far the worst thing about this job but if you are okay a fast pace workplace with no motivation from management instead of hours of overtime in summer time and less hours during slow times then this might be the job for you also I might mention no lunch Breaks Allowed you have 5 minutes to eat your food also no raises whatsoever unless you are willing to move up which requires more work hours and a signed contract but good for someone who's going to school and doesn't have a family
Pros
Hours
Cons
No lunch no raises no room to move up
This job was first to hire me after months of unemployment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oyster Creek, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Clock in and count how much money you had in your register. restock beverages after midnight, clean restrooms, fix coffee, and clean parking lot. The best part of the job was weekly pay.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
No health insurance.
Breaks suck
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bastrop, TXSeptember 14, 2018
I don't really have much to say about Buc-ee's except the "breaks" are too short, no one is able to healthily eat in 5 minutes. It wasn't and option to use your break for anything other than eating;
Fast Paced
Overnight Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 29, 2018
Poor management you can't have your own idea and run it across your manager it must be his idea and his way. I worked for this company for 3 yrs and the turn over rate was so bad. Employees are treated like there nothing they can hire someone to replace you in a heart beat and they aren't going to hide that fact from you.
Cons
No lunches even if you work more than 9 hrs, no phones, not able to sit down to take a five min break, they record you when you are pumping to provide food for your baby.
Good hours and decent pay but no raises, poor management
MERCHANDISE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 28, 2018
i have been with the company for 4 years. They do not give individual raises. They give the whole store a raise. Poor store management. But I love my co workers.
Pros
Decent pay and guaranteed 40 hours
Cons
Poor management
You'll be playing roulette!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXAugust 28, 2018
The money at Buc-ee's is always the draw! The problem with that is, with the money comes bad management, terrrible turnover rates and knowing that everything you do and SAY is audio and video recorded, EVERYTHING. Rather than building employees up they knock you down and kick you in the cut. There is no professional development, no comrodory and no sense of teamwork. Unfortunately, like most businesses that get to big too fast, they will have to crash and burn before they can rise from the ashes and be the kind of company Texans can be proud of.

Buc-ee's Management and HR could learn a few things from the great businessman Richard Branson, "Take care of your employees and they will take care of your business" "Train employees well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don't want to."
Pros
Hourly Pay
Cons
Management, Policies
Managers are the worst
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Cypress, TXAugust 28, 2018
Worst managers I've worked with ever. Didn't expect this from a such high rated company. Would not recommend to people who hate being disrespected and harassed about talking to employees to much.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
No discounts or discounted gas or free car wash
An autonomous position, because of my experience I was trusted me to make the right decisions.
Gift/Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXAugust 27, 2018
Worked 10 hour days, managed a team of 15 people over 3 shifts.
Receiving and checking in merchandise and placing the merchandise on the sales floor in appropriate locations. The culture is very fast paced with emphasis on customer service.
This was an awesome job for me to round out 40 years of retail.
very productive and friendly work enviroment.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 26, 2018
A typical day at Buc-ee's was always very fast paste and always had you busy until time for shift change. You learn quick how to work with the fast flow of the job and in my experience made me a much better worker.
Pros
good hours/pay
Cons
5 min lunch break
Decent place to work
Cashier Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXAugust 26, 2018
It is a good place to work for people who are in college or for people who don't necessarily need a job to live off of. Pay is good but not something you can live off of unless you are a manager. This job is for people who actually want to work. showing up to work does not make you employee of the year like some young people think. they are very strict and try to treat everyone equally.
Productive work place with great fellow employees
Maintenace Worker (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXAugust 22, 2018
It was a great place to work. The managers were friendly and easy to approach. It was a fun place to work with great people. The breaks were short but you got payed for them. I felt safe there, and that I could talk to my bosses as people.
Pros
Payed for breaks
Cons
Short breaks, standing all day.
Productive work enviornment
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXAugust 21, 2018
My typical day at work is making sure all of my cashiers have arrived at work are effectively staying busy, continuously cleaning ect. I make sure I send every cashier on their moments which last 5-7 mins. I handle any calls or help that the cashiers need, refunds, upset customers, messed up IT equipment which I would put work order in and do as told to fix, ect. The management at bucees was great I have so many people to look up to and learn from. The hardest part about my job is that that no matter how well you do your job and how much you want to succeed there will always be that one person you does not want you too.The most enjoyable part of my job is helping the customers with what they need, and improving everyday at work. I am willing to work hard and do what is needed to be successful.
Pros
Equally treated
Cons
Short breaks
poor management
team member (Former Employee) –  Luling, TXAugust 18, 2018
The job would have been good if they had better management, and if they treated their employees better. They show to much favoritism to certain employees and not others

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buc-ee's. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight