Buc-ee's Employee Reviews

Buc-ee's
Cashier/ Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXAugust 10, 2018
It's an ok place to work. I left because of relocation purposes. I really enjoyed my time as a maintenance person. Not so much in management. Good company over all.
Never again!
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 4, 2018
I sum up this place as absolutely stressful. It is not the job! The job is so easy people. It is the rude managers who make the job stressful and make you hate your life when you clock in for work. If you want to work there you’ll love it at first because of the high wages you’re being paid, but then you’ll regret it after a few weeks. Cons: You only get 5 minutes to eat, they monitor your restroom breaks, you’re denied for a lot of days you may request off, denied your PTO occasionally, they pick and choose their favorites, (you’re force to work a certain shift; they don’t give you the opportunity to move shifts unless they feel you can move to a different shift), the managers don’t do anything but stand around and converse with one another and gossip, forced to work overtime on often because if you work in the deli the second and third shift is treated differently than 6 to 2pm shift, and It’s just a lot of drama.
Pros
Money
Cons
productive and exciting work environment
Marketing Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2018
While interning at buc-ee's Ltd i honestly learned more then i expected.
producing new store opening press kits
Worked with VP of Media Services to arrange local and regional TV coverage for Buc-ee’s related news events
Arranged for new vendor product demonstrations for VP of Merchandising
Pros
opened my eyes to completely learn to love Marketing and sales
Wasn't the best place to work at.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 2, 2018
When working here the days seem to go on forever. They do NOT give breaks. They give a "moment" in which you have 5-7 mins to eat a lunch. There is no set lunch time (i.e. no lunch at all) for an 8+ hour shift. The response i got to questioning the break times was that "they pay you 12+ an hour." which is no excuse to have a five min break when i've been working a 9 hour shift. The managers also like to play favorites a lot and bring personal problems into the workflow.
Pros
hourly wage is okay; paid weekly
Cons
all above
Food Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Waller, TXAugust 2, 2018
Buc-ee's was a great place to work. It was just too far to travel. The 10 minutes to eat seemed short but was more than enough if you ate your lunch and went back to work.
Go for the pay
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Angleton, TXJuly 30, 2018
The pay is fair, however depending on what location you are hired at the management is very choatic. Not any real advancement in the company unless you brown nose, and don't have any write ups against you. Works with your school schedule sort of but is very demanding and very strict about every little detail that goes on. Higher up management is even worst because they will instantly have some sort of complaint to be told. At first the face pace environment will seem nice, but given after a year it will become and dragging and mundane chore to you.
Pros
paid time off, healthcare
Cons
5 min lunch breaks, favoritism, expects you to constantly work your entire shift non stop, understaffed always
Overall for a small town its a great place to work because of the pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TXJuly 25, 2018
I would recommend working at Buc-ee's it's overall not a bad place to work, learned a lot made some good friends, did not like the 5 min lunch breaks, team leaders on my shifts were awesome, assistant managers were as well,
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
5 min lunch breaks
Good pay bad work conditions
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 17, 2018
The pay was good, $13hr you can live off of. The no sit policy is horrible, you have to stay on your feet 8+ hrs. No lunch breaks at all. Weekly pay was a plus.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unable to sit for 8+ hours, no lunch breaks
Decent pay, no advancement or raise opportunities
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJuly 17, 2018
Worked at Buc-ee's as a warehouse associate for a year. We started with 4 warehouse associates on my shift which quickly got reduced to 2. I was having to work 3 days a week by myself and I was responsible for stocking bother the floor and cooler and other backroom warehouse duties. Didn't receive any raise in pay even though the staffing for my shift had been cut in half. Very mindless job doing the same thing day in and day out. Would only recommend if you really need a job to just get you by. Management and staff are very freindly, however corporate has their head up their you know what. They literally hire the mininmum amount of staff to just get by, making the job extremely stressful. It was hard to get days off. There is no chance of moving in to management unless you plan on staying there for multiple years or are already friends with some of the higher ups. Breaks are 5 minutes long and you cannot sit during your break. Some of the managers are extremely gender biased.
Pros
Friendly staff and management
Cons
Short break, under staffed, no adavncement opportunities
But-ee's
Maintenance Leader (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJuly 15, 2018
Great work environment and your typical work day is eight hours. Management and employees were kind and supportive. I would highly recommend this company
Rough Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXJuly 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting the customers and being able to help them.

Management is mean to the employees if an employee was a minute late they were written up.
Great to their customers
Team Leader/CSR (Former Employee) –  TXJune 29, 2018
They are great to their customers. Great customer service with clean restrooms and plenty of convenience items to choose from. They pay well for their type of business.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Upper management/policies
good for college student
Team Leader/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJune 18, 2018
long hours, no breaks, request restroom break, some times requested days off denied. Management some times was decent and worked with you but played favoritism. Do not expect to advance
Pros
good pay
Cons
no break
Head Maintance
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJune 10, 2018
I worked at different area's daily. We stocked and oraganized Warehouse. We clean the gas pumps hourly. Assist with customers. I drove the forklift to unload the delivery trucks and stock the shelves.
Poor management aside from pay and schedule
Bucees (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 22, 2018
The pay was great and made everything affordable . The scheduling was flexible and guaranteed 40 hours . Management is where they were lacking. More like a boss than a leader
Pros
Paid time off, benefits, paid vacation
Cons
Poor management
Great Job
WAREHOUSE STOCKER (Current Employee) –  Luling, TXMay 16, 2018
You work hard, do your job and the managers are nice. Everyone has a specific job; and once you know what to do there are opportunities to learn more.
Pros
Free Drinks
Cons
Short Breaks
review
Mantenance (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXMay 5, 2018
the pay here is good the work is okay, its a great in between job have or have the chance to move up in the cooprate ladder, one fact is true is that the summer is busy
Buc-ee's is a pretty good place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 27, 2018
Buc-ee's is a pretty good place to work but I didn't care for there policy of no breaks and you only get 10 minutes for lunch and you can't sit down even to eat. It's hard on you if your an older employee with arthritis. It was even though on some of the kids also.
I know sometimes it's a problem when you sit down and don't get back up and go back to work on time. So why not just punch a time clock? We had to when we arrived and left for the day, getting your pay docked or getting written up is a pretty good incentive to clock back in from lunch on time.
Buc-ee's could be a little boring when it was slow. So you tried to keep busy by cleaning, restocking shelves and folding T-shirts, which I never got very good at operator error!
I do have complaints about there lack of organization in the stockroom though. They didn't have much of a designated area for the diffirent sections of the gift department. You only get 20 minutes to pull your stock from the back and that's hard when you can't find it because it's in a diffirent location from day to day. I also feel like merchandise you need to pull everyday like the Buc-ee's plush dolls and high volume sales items should be on the first two shelves. We had to climb a 10 foot ladder to pull these items which was very scary. The hard to sell items should be up that high so you don't have to climb the ladder often.
Pros
Low Stress
Cons
Never getting to sit down even of breaks and lunch-Lunch should be an hour not just 10 minutes.
Fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surfside Beach, TXApril 27, 2018
I enjoyed working at Buc-ees and would do so again if the opportunity rose up. I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the quality of work they provide. You will never clean your bathroom the same again.
Strict
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Madisonville, TX 77864April 23, 2018
Very strict place to work. If you need a day off, you must ask for it three weeks in advance and sometimes you still don't get it off. Doctor's note is REQUIRED if you call in sick. No phones allowed! If you are even one minute late, that's a write up! Three write ups and you will be fired. Favoritism is a HUGE issue in this store. It feels like high school all over again, drama ALL THE TIME. You get ONE 15 minute break in an 8 hour period. Very fast paced.
Pros
Works well for college students
Cons
Short breaks, strict work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buc-ee's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight