Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

Seven years and no promotion.
Lead Bartender (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CANovember 7, 2018
A company that is not for their employees. It’s all about how much they can put in their pocket. On so many levels. They staff to try to run ridicules labor they keep envitory to a minimum cuts on quality of product and so forth.
Fast paced restaraunt with great workers
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 5, 2018
A typical day at work was walking in and being greeted by all family members happily, the getting straight to business. Somedays were more busy than others and that would be okay, until a family member would be having a bad day or overwhelmed. fortunately everyone was always willing to help each other to get the job done.
Pros
lots of hours
Cons
required to work holidays
good for the time
HOSTESS & SERVER (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 3, 2018
was good for working multiple jobs and school. loved working here for the most part worked with good fun people . waitress job during school and working as a stylist
fun fast and fulfilling
Trainer/Server/Bartender/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2018
If you want to make great money, enjoy your working environment, make great friends that turn into family WORK AT BUCA. I can not say enough great things about this company.
Fun place to work at, communicating with customers was great!
Hostess and busser (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILOctober 27, 2018
Honestly it wasn’t bad at all, it taught me good people skills and taught me to stay calm in situations where other people wouldn’t stay calm. Overall it was a great experience glad I did it!
Pros
50% off on food and great people worked there
Cons
No breaks and they would always switch my schedule
competive hot and bad health condisions
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAOctober 23, 2018
in my experince i worked 8 hours and was to be expected to do the dishes in tell the restaunant closed and clean the whole building in bad condisions and long hours complety wet i would not recomend this job
Pros
get free food on the job
Cons
short brakes and no vacation and bad enverment
Great place
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 22, 2018
Buca has been an all around great place to work. Promotions from within. Culture of the resturaunt is amazing, all team member become like a second family.
Pros
Benefits, pto
Horrible Place
Server (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 15, 2018
Honestly this was THE worst restaurant I have ever worked at. So unorganized and favoritism by the management. They do not care about your personal life, they're open on major holidays and you HAVE to work one of them. I was scheduled on Christmas and had to go to the ER... I couldn't call up there due to the fact that cell service was bad. I was suposse to be there by 11am... Management didn't call me to see where I was at until 4pm and left me a message saying I'm fired without me even explaining myself on why I wasn't even there. Luckily I called them back and explained and they were like "ohh well can you bring a doctors note?" I said "Nope!" And quit... please do NOT work here. They say you'll make great money... you don't...I was there for 3 months and the most I ever made was $80 on a 12 hour shift and that's horrible... I hope those Managers got fired and the new ones know how to run a business...
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Everything.
It could be a better place
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Pineville, NCOctober 12, 2018
I worked there for 10 months and it was long days for low pay. Work on the holidays. People were treated differently depending on who worked where and who you know.
Buca
silverware Roller (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 9, 2018
It was my first job and I was glad to get the opportunity since I am developmentally disabled. They gave me the job of rolling silverware on the weekends. It was good pay and nice people and I am thankful to them
fun
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAOctober 2, 2018
Worked in my hometown which made my experience fun. Unfortunately we were experiencing a high volume of manager turnover which left the GM and myself running the show. It made for some very long hours....luckily we had a great staff
Fun place to work at, very busy for the holidays
Host/Busser/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILOctober 1, 2018
All in all, this company has helped me out in more ways than one. It has welcomed me back after a tree year hiatus with open arms. The format has remained the same with some beneficial adjustments.
If you can handle ot
Server (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 26, 2018
Buca is a great place to work. The managers are there for you when you need them but they also expect a lot from you. You have to be able to multi task, there will be times when you would have a 14 top and then 4 other small tables. You have to be able to ask for help and most people will help you. There is a bartender who is not a good person. But that is something you will learn as you go. The tips are pretty good due to the fact that the entees are quite expensive. There are slow nights and there are crazy nights. If you are looking for a job to have on winter break this one is perfect. It is a year round restaurant that means that you will have lots of big parties during the holidays. This place is awesome and the staff is incredible. You u will make fast friends and have life long friends. If you want a great job Buca is the place to be
The mall locations were a bad idea
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 25, 2018
It was sad to see the location close because the family style concept was never ideal for the mall locations. The investment by the company for the mall locations to close so quickly.
Sidework sidework sidework
Server (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 23, 2018
Crazy amounts of side work. They do not have cleaners so you are responsible for cleaning. Asked to do an overwhelming amount of extra tasks. Tips were good though, and it was nice it was family style
Pros
good tips
Cons
sidework
Typical Corporate Restaurant
Lead Server (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 20, 2018
There are two shifts here AM and PM, opens at 11am everyday, closes between 9-11 during the week. This is an easy serving job with little room for advancement. Management is the sit in office and watch type with some interaction with guests (only when they complain). The hardest part of working here is getting help from coworkers and managers. This is typical when everyone is working for tips. You meet a lot of interesting people who sometimes become good friends.
Pros
Flexible with schedules
Cons
No room for advancement, no breaks
Productive and fun enrironment, with coworkers and customers.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 19, 2018
Enjoyed working with buca. Many positive memories with co-workers. Customers were mostly great and made each day worth working. Management is good as well
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Wait time for food.
Stressful
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Poor management paired with a corporate higharcy that dose t really care about anything but making money. Could be a great place to work under the right circumstances but some restaurants are so far gone it becomes a highly stressful environment.
Pros
Make good money
Cons
No benefits, everything is falling apart, management
Summary
Prep (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 17, 2018
Great environment to work in, you’ll love the people and coworkers as well. But this management is ran terribly.
They care more about sells and an overworking staff then morale and keeping people around.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management.
great place to work
Server Trainer and Bartender Trainer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 14, 2018
awesome place to work and eat relax in a very family friendly environment. There are two floors for dining. on the first floor there is a really nice bar.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
work shortage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buca di Beppo. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight