Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

Decent if you had the hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLFebruary 15, 2019
Buca di beppo was a very interesting job. Very much structured like a family owned establishment it was a very enticing place for folks to not only eat but to work as well.
It was good place for me and my friends.
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 11, 2019
In the begging I had fun and an opportunity to work in the restaurant business for that I will be thankful. My line of duty consisted of washing cookware along with dishes I have tried to advance but it seems there was hardly any room at the time for advancement.
Pros
Great food and a sense of teamwork.
Cons
Lack of hours.
Fast-pace, high energy. Big parties
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 11, 2019
High tips per table as it is a family style place that hosts lots of big parties. The hours are fairly flexible as is management. Servers are given sometimes big sections which can lead to feeling overwhelmed.
Pros
High tips.
Cons
slow season sucks.
it was a fun family enviornment
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 7, 2019
I loved my job at Buca. great team, awesome customers. the turn over rate is crazy. I learned a lot from some of the cooks that have been there a long time. the management was stable when I left. I absolutely loved the fast paced team. great crew over all.
Very fun culture
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAFebruary 5, 2019
The culture of the buca di beppo famiglia is so fun and creates an awesome environment for working. Benefits are not great and working all day on holidays is mandatory. They are open 365 a year.
Very enjoyable job
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Robinson, PAJanuary 24, 2019
Was very pleased to have that hours that I worked and the people that I worked with. Unfortunately during January the hours are cut due to it being so slow. Other than that it is a great place to work at.
Pros
1/2 lunch
Cons
seasonal dismissals
Good place to work and good learning expirience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2019
very hands on with many types of prep work. Good place to learn about Italian food .Learned how to prepare many different types of pastas as well as sauces. people were great from front of house to back of house management was also laid back.
Pros
Free food and good people to work with
Not the most professional enviorment
Server (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJanuary 19, 2019
I found myself over worked as you are required to work 365 days a year. This place of business is open every single holiday so be prepared to have to work those days.
Pros
Discounted food for yourself friends and family
Cons
Working holidays.
Photography Company
Photographer and Sales (Former Employee) –  Claremont, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Buca Di Beppo was not connected to the photography company however the photograph company had booths run by the company associates, in the Buca Di Beppo Restaurant, to provide a family orientated environment, and photography services
Pros
Photography skills, selling skills
Cons
Commission wages
Ok job - terrible training and money
Server (Former Employee) –  Worthington, OHJanuary 13, 2019
Training here is completely not realistic. Pick and choose favorites and don’t understand “full time” hours. Worked 2-4 hours per day.

Management was nice and helpful. Tips aren’t that great unless you’ve been here for awhile to be on the favorite list.
No benefits, no discount.
Pros
Cons
Pay, training, no benefits, hours
Buca
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Everything went smooth,When it got busty everything still went okay nothing hardly went wrong, I helped clean the tables when i could when servers were backed up.
Management and Pay made it not worth it
BUSSER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2019
The management at Bucca was never the type of leader you hope for when working at a restaurant. They were demanding of you, yet could not deliver on the same level they expected. They had favorites, but not for the right reasons, and constantly made the lives of the non-servers and servers much more difficult than necessary.
Pros
sometimes free food.
Cons
no breaks
Pretty good for part time
Host (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2019
My experience with Buca Di Beppo will vary since everyone is different. however, Buca Di Beppo has amazing food which they sometimes provide on the job. It was fast paced at times especially on weekends and holidays, but on the week days, it was slow and unbearable.
Fast passed
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 4, 2019
I’ve worked for this company for two and a half years and I’ve seen good people come and go. But the restaurant is corporate and it’s very difficult to work there at times.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Corporate
Okay job
Restaurant Hostess (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAJanuary 3, 2019
I learned a lot from this job other than that it was an okay job. The management was poor, kept changing chefs, and lack of communication. Most enjoyable part was the co-workers they made that place.
Buca
Waiter-Assistant(Busboy), Food Runner (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 3, 2019
Below Average Restaurant, stressful during the holidays, could use a remodel and definitely should start background checking more workers. Would not do 3 years here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Cooperation
Ok
PIASANO PARTNER (GM), AGM (Former Employee) –  South FloridaJanuary 2, 2019
Pay was decent. Hours and structure of business needs work. Too many made from scratch items for number of staff members. Buca wants to run low labor numbers which is understandable but has way to many menu items that are made from scratch and are also consuming with 1day shelf lives. With one BOH it’s a challenge to make the same things day in and day out. Work open to close on all major holidays and managers aren’t compensated for it.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Long hours on holidays
Fast Paced Environment Warriors
Server (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 2, 2019
The staff (including management) at this particular location are good people. Sure, we get frustrated with one another from time to time, usually during the holiday season. Expecting the unexpected during your shift is the best approach. We're particularly lucky to have a great crew. Of course, in a fast paced environment, you have to be flexible and freely have the confidence to address whatever comes your way. If you don't want to work long hours on your feet, constantly on the move, lifting heavy bowls and plates, make decent $ while in school, pay bills while spending time with your work family and friends...then this isn't the place for you. We work hard but ultimately, it's worth it.
Pros
colleagues
Cons
coupons
great place
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  station square Pittsburgh paJanuary 1, 2019
as annoying as the place was i will miss it the staff was friendly and helpful and pretty good friends hour were still bad but at least i was able to keep together my college life working only on weekends instead of 4 days a week
Pros
great atmosphere, friendly staff
Cons
bad hours, and a little stressful
Terrible!!
Chef Partner/Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILDecember 30, 2018
Soooooo stressful!! I do not recommend working here if you are married and have a family. The days and shifts are very long (12-16 hr days), working 6 days a week! Everyone is exhausted and therefore, everyone snaps at each other which makes for a an aggressive and hostile work environment. Apply somewhere else!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Very stressful, long hours, always understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buca di Beppo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight