Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not the best place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2018
2 years with no raise kitchen staff getting paid same as hostess and they do so much more work and new people started to arrive getting paid more then people working there years
Pros
People are cool
Cons
Work every holiday !
super fun if you love small paychecks
Back of House/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHJuly 19, 2018
loved washing dishes for low hourly pay, it was incredible working by myself on the busiest nights. I really enjoyed having the work of three people all to myself, great company that really cares about its employees
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Great proprieter, thats about it
Host, Carry-Out, Catering, Deliveries (Current Employee) –  Wheeling, ILJuly 18, 2018
Low pay, no raises, no acknowledgement of hard work. Work on every holiday. No benefits, barely a discount. Nice people. The lead manager is amazing. Most employees do not care about their job.
Pros
Easy scheduling
Cons
Poor pay, work every holiday, no advancements.
Balance well environment
LEAD COOK AND LEAD PREP (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 18, 2018
They had good hours for employees not much benefits. That's one thing they would have to change. Overall is a good work environment and they treat employees right
Pros
Hours
benefits
Coworkers great, management literally the worst
Server (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 16, 2018
Honestly it's good money serving on the weekends but other than that it sucks. If you do decide to serve on a weekday, be prepared to walk out with maybe $50 on a good day
Relaxed
Server (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 11, 2018
Would highly recommend if comfortable being a server, busser and making cocktails and food runner. Very flexible with schedule. Good parking, nice area.
Restaurant is now closed
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 11, 2018
Obtained a lot of great professional and transferrable skills working as a restaurant server. Made really great bonds with my co-workers who have become life-long friends, and appreciate the service industry to the fullest extent, knowing the challenges faced with customers, co-workers and management in this industry. Also servers are severely underpaid in WI ($2.33/hr + tips).
Everyone gets along!
Server (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 11, 2018
I have never had better management who understands that life happens. They are super willing to work with you. Shifts get picked up pretty easily or if something happens urgent, management will let you off for the shift with no later explanation needed. Sarcasm is high in the workplace but accepted by all who work there. People hang out together even after work hours. Sometimes work is super dead and sometimes it can be super cut throat out of nowhere. It’s hard to gauge the money making shifts. Money isn’t steady though because of all the construction in the area right now. No one wants to deal.
Heavy plates need to be pre-bused off the table. You get use to it; muscle memory. Gotta announce and sing the birthday song. It’s a celebratory restaurant. Big parties. Tip out to bar 7% of alcohol sales, wait assistant 3% of all sales(incl. discounts/ coupons customers come in with which is a whole other animal to Buca), food runners depends 1=1%, 2=1.5%, 3=2% of all sales(again incl. coupons/discounts)
The coupon thing sucks but that’s the customer base Buca has built.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Income is a rollercoaster
Great job while in College or even for career servers
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 24, 2018
• Manage over 100 customer orders on a daily basis
• Manage special events for major banquets
• Provide excellent customer service to 700+ customers on a daily basis
Very good place to earn money and much experience is needed to serve at this restaurant because it is a very intense work environment and unlike any other restaurant.
Pros
Good Money/ Flexible Hours
Cons
Opened on holidays/No breaks/No benefits/Bad Cooperate District Managers
Buca di Beppo
Dishwasher / Food Preparation Worker (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, MAJune 24, 2018
Working at Buca was great and as a fast pace job I had a lot of fun. The co-workers were nice and there was a lot of teamwork. Everybody helped and we got things done fast.
Pros
It was a great job.
Cons
Not too many hours available.

Want to know more about Buca di Beppo?

Ask a question
working at bucca
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 21, 2018
It was a good job, i got along with all my coworkers an supervisor, i just wish they had benifits for doctor, i wish they didnt go out of business i still would of been there, but they business wasnt making enough of money so they had shut down an let everyone go
Pros
Cons
15 min break
Its an awesome place to work
Server Trainer and Bartender Trainer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAJune 19, 2018
great place to work. Lots of fun, terrific food, terrific team mates , great management team. When you first enter the restaurant, it has the feel of an Italian home kitchen, which I think is wonderful.
it was fun to go into work most days
Server (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 19, 2018
Mangement is okay, all employees are friendly for the most part and welcoming. it is fast paced, you learn how to manage tables with a lot of guests and you also learn time management skills.
Pros
the people
Cons
management
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 17, 2018
Management is great .which makes for a very relaxed working environment .great part time job .descent tips and great team work.management is very professional and fair at the same time
Pros
Flexible schedule stress free enviorment
Enjoyed thge flexibility of my job.
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2018
Flexibility and the good work/life balance. Enjoyed that everyday was different based on clientele, events etc.

Really enjoyed working with the other managers.
Bartender/Server
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 5, 2018
I was a bartender/Server at Buca Di Bepo when i was in college. I didn't plan for this to be a career or long term job. I enjoyed it while it last. It was very flexible with my school schedule and a good way to make decent money without having to work a lot.
Pros
Easy money
Cons
not consistent
Not what I expected
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WI 53202June 4, 2018
The job sounded like something I would like long term.
Once I was through manager training, they placed me in my location with the other manager on vacation and left me with a note taped to my computer to place food orders and call in a repair for some broken equipment. That first day was pretty much how every day of my employment went while I was there.
Pros
Decent insurance
Cons
zero support and they Do Not Fix Anything
Can be fun and also fast paced
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXJune 2, 2018
Escorted guests to tables, took reservations over the phone if guests requested. When busy, it is a fast paced environment, making sure tables are clean before seating guests.
Pros
Restaurant decorated authentically, authentic Italian food
Cons
working Christmas and Thanksgiving
Had a nice work core, with a good family environment.
FOOD EXPEDITER / FOOD RUNNER (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLMay 29, 2018
work place made everyone feel welcomed and comfortable. GM was cool with the whole staff, so work was enjoyable. Food was made proper, good overall work spot.
Not a great place
Server (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 23, 2018
Lack of teamwork and lack of direction from management make for a stressful work environment. Overall, it should be a fairly easy job for a server. However, most days are frustrating.
Pros
50% off food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buca di Beppo. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight