Buca di Beppo Employee Reviews

Stressful
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Poor management paired with a corporate higharcy that dose t really care about anything but making money. Could be a great place to work under the right circumstances but some restaurants are so far gone it becomes a highly stressful environment.
Pros
Make good money
Cons
No benefits, everything is falling apart, management
Summary
Prep (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 17, 2018
Great environment to work in, you’ll love the people and coworkers as well. But this management is ran terribly.
They care more about sells and an overworking staff then morale and keeping people around.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management.
great place to work
Server Trainer and Bartender Trainer (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CASeptember 14, 2018
awesome place to work and eat relax in a very family friendly environment. There are two floors for dining. on the first floor there is a really nice bar.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
work shortage
can not really review after 16 years
Manager Partner (Owner) (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 13, 2018
It is hard to review a company that I have not worked for in over 16 years. The company is totally different now, with new owners etc. I left Buca because I needed a change in career direction, which I got going to Sysco.
Great Place
Server, Bartender, Dining room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CASeptember 7, 2018
Great place to work, excellent flexibility with scheduling, fast-paced environment providing over the top hospitality. Offered room for advancement and job growth.
Enjoyed
Hostess/Busser (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 4, 2018
was a fun environment to work in, the workers and staff were all friendly, the Italian style of restaurant is super family friendly, and the place is always busy
Management and company overall does not care about employees
Server (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 1, 2018
Company does not care about management. Management does not care about employees. Employees do not care about their jobs and are there for compensation. Every man/women for themselves.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Management. Clientele
Faced paced serving position
Server (Current Employee) –  Thousand Oaks, CAAugust 31, 2018
My experience at Buca di Beppo has been made better because I have such supportive managers. I have rarely experienced that in a restaurant workplace and I'm excited to say that the managers here are very consistent and understanding. Other than that, it is usually busy so the workday flows by fast.
Fun work environment
Host/Take-Out (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 30, 2018
Buca was a fun work environment, and family meal was one of my favorite things when it was offered. There was a good sense of teamwork, and most employees worked well together.
Need patience
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAAugust 27, 2018
Working at Bucca was fun, but hard on busy nights. As someone with high anxiety, it was very challenging at times. I loved my managers, and coworkers. You slowly become like a family over time.
Pros
Declious food
Cons
Demanding customers
Lack of work hours
Waiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 27, 2018
I didnt work much, only on the weekends. We had two managers, but only one was friendly and a joy to work with. My co-workers were pretty judgemental. I'm happy it was only a temporary job.
Pros
Half off food, cash
Cons
inconsistant money
Buca di Beppo
Paisano Partner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2018
Working for Buca di Beppo, I was able to learn an entirely different style of management. I became familiar with union employees and the rules concerning them. I was also able to create a skill set for high volume management. I became very close with my immediate supervisor and I am well known through most of the company from the President of Buca to the owner as well. I am friendly with our legal counsel as well as our entire Human Resources department. I have discovered as I got older that I wanted to do something else. I am an empathetic individual with a passion for people so I felt that Human Resources was the best fit for me. The culture of Buca was that of family. The employees are called family members and the purpose of the company is to be there for your family members. I feel that the most enjoyable part of my job was learning the union aspect of the job and having 2 AGM's promoted to GM and 2 Sous Chefs promoted to chef. I have also trained numerous managers over 7 years.
dim
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Peoria, AZAugust 19, 2018
working at buca was no fun and definitely not at all easy. the job was simple, sure but management was terrible at the times i worked. they "played favorites" and would be rude to the other half of employees. it did not make it worth it to me which is why i quit. food is great though!!
Great employees and management at the store level
Server, Bartender, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHAugust 7, 2018
Horrible corporate office! Have never worked for a more disorganized company. Awful Corporate sales team. If you're going to sell something, you need to know what you;re selling. Maybe they need to hire a new accounting manager. It seemed as though no one was actually looking at sales. All they look at is production and Labor. You have to spend money to make money. Without a certain amount of labor, you're compromising, the quality of product, therefore negating any purpose.
Fun place to work
Supervisor- Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLAugust 6, 2018
Open Thanksgiving and Christmas. You work more the 55 hours a week. You only bonus for the year. Benefits are not that great. And the pressure of management is very high.
fast paced environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FLAugust 3, 2018
Buca is a competitive fast-paced work environment. Fun and competitive staff. It is easy to make money but management is constantly coming and going and it is hard to build relationships and grow with a changing environment. everyone is expendable.
Pros
good money
Cons
changing management
Fast paced job
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 31, 2018
Love my managers and coworkers , it gets busy during lunch hours and dinner . It’s easy to maintain a positive vibe with coworkers and customers . You’ll love it
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short days
Avoid
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2018
This company was terrible to work for. They burn out all of their employees. My days off were always plagued with calls and meetings to attend. Not for me.
pay raise
Utility Person promoted to Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  Orland Park, ILJuly 29, 2018
working for Buca di Beppo they didnt really offer pay raises. the job was fun and the employees where nice and friendly but they just didnt pay enough
Lively work place
Busboy/Host (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 28, 2018
It was almost like a little family after a week of working there. Once you get the hang of the pace of things its not too hard. They always work around ur schedule too.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buca di Beppo. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight