Buchanan Hauling and Rigging Inc Employee Reviews

Nice Family Atmosphere
Pricing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 31, 2018
Good Family Atmosphere for those who like having face to face contact with their superiors. Good opportunities for advancement in the operations and brokerage segments of the business.
Job description was way off
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 21, 2018
I was not told the entire truth about what a typical work day is like. Had I been told the truth or more details about what I would be doing everyday I wouldve taken a different position
Its ok
Driver (Current Employee) –  La.porteApril 22, 2018
Goood place to work some times its stresfull like other companies need improvement. Pay by hourly not by the load when u do local. Over all its good company
Pros
Good place
Cons
Like any. Trucking. Company
best boss ive ever had
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 16, 2018
it was a god place to work. great benefits. free lunch every Friday during summer. it was like a one big family. hardest part of the day was leaving cause everyone would just talk and laugh about the day.
Pros
people were nice, got to travel
Cons
working for family
Logistics Specialist/Broker
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 31, 2018
Way more stress than necessary. Extremely fast paced environment, cut throat atmosphere, little pay. Poor benefits. It takes a few months before you even get a commission check, so you're stuck living on twelve dollars an hour. At least you can claim welfare while working here.
Hated the Laporte office
O/O Driver (Former Employee) –  Laporte, TXJanuary 14, 2018
They mostly send the drivers out to Louisiana every day maybe 6 - 10 trucks and would typically have enough back hauls for half the drivers to come back. You are lucky to get a load every day and they have the worst trailers on the road. Blow outs every week and poor management. All outgoing loads are preloaded and no pretties are done on the trailer before loading. If you find problems with the trailer you won’t receive another load most likely until the next day. Working local is a joke. Might get to run 1 or 2 loads and end up sitting in the office for hours while the dispatcher is giving loads to his friends. Very high turnover rate and you HAVE to clean out your trailer at a drop yard in Louisiana BEFORE you get a haul back to Texas. No empty paid miles if they don’t have a haul back from Louisiana and they keep telling you that they are working on a load for you while your hours run out. High turnover rate. Don’t waste your time.
Pros
They will hire you fast
Cons
Too many to list
Logistics broker
Freight Coordinator & Logistics Broker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 19, 2017
Fast paced hyper competitive environment. Changes minute by minute. Dealing with multiple transportation companies each day, some of which were great, others not so much.
No Structure
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Clute, TXDecember 5, 2017
This may be a good place to work, but there is no real structure to anything. You have to beg for simple things to get repaired on a truck or trailer.
Pros
hours available
Cons
management (lack of)
some pros and cons
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 28, 2017
I do enjoy the face to face interactions with the drivers and customers I had on a daily basis. Although, I learned a lot about the questions I need to be asking before taking a position with a company.
Productive and a good environment to work in
Freight Broker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 9, 2017
I enjoyed working there. The staff and the people around you were always a warm welcome every morning. They were all in a very good mood and never gave me any problems.

Want to know more about Buchanan Hauling and Rigging Inc?

Ask a question
It was ok
Broker (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 2, 2017
Good people all over the company owners are always nice. Drivers are treated better than most. I would keep working here if I thought I could move up within the company.
Not a lot of home time
53ft. Van Semi-Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJuly 27, 2017
Not much home time. Never know when you're leaving or when you're coming home. Suppose to be off on weekends but can find that your run could bring you home sometime on Saturday. Pay is good. My manager is great. Dispatcher inexperienced.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Not knowing when you're coming home.
Very fast paced
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 11, 2017
The days seem to fly but having a bad day or bad week will drastically effect your pay check. You have to be 100% on the ball and great a sales for this job to be worth it..
Bad place to work
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 7, 2017
No money no loads local loads don't pay bad place to work for cheap equipment lots of down time no money to be made management does care over don't work here Lol
Pros
No pros
Cons
Favoritsm
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 6, 2017
My experience was awsome. The right amount of responsiabilty to get started into the work force. Highly recomend this job. great benifits. Wish I was still there
Pros
aclamate one to the plant envrioment. paid certs and T.W.I.C. cards
Cons
not really many
challenging and exciting place to work
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 11, 2017
transported commodities across the US/Can/Mex.most loads were over sized so you had to have the knowledge and experience to haul it safely. which is challenging and that's what i like.
Pros
good money
Cons
away from home for long periods of time
Growing Family Business
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 23, 2017
Buchanan is a wonderful place to help you transition to your next great opportunity. The atmosphere is positive but it can become a little shaky at times. The owner and his wife are beautiful people. The management team was still trying to figure things out when I was there. The drivers remain hopeful and loyal, but they all wish they were doing better. The office staff must be open minded because a lot of changes are required of them. There is not a lot of room for growth within. The pay is decent. The work load is fair.
Pros
it pays the bills
Cons
not a lot of room for growth, not a lot of OT, health benefits
Excellent Company
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 11, 2017
Very nice environment, but not the job for me, I'm a hard worker and I believe in getting paid, I don't believe in discrimination
company is like a big tidal wave
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Management don't communicate with workers.recruiting will lie also dispatch will forget about you on the road.Also beware if you do loads make sure to ask about the load because you're going to have to Chase your money. Especially out of the La Porte office. .You're being WARNED. ....management in clute will lie about insurance 255.00 a week not a month. Local doesn't mean 21 to 23 an hour. .Beware ...
Pros
great set-up for deception
Cons
lies, lies
They have management issues
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 4, 2016
I worked in the shop in Indy. They only hired me because he wanted me to fire a guy in the shop because he didn't have the kohanas. A bunch of pre-modanas.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buchanan Hauling and Rigging Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Buchanan Hauling and Rigging Inc Reviews by Location