Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney PC Employee Reviews

Most relaxed law firm
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed the loose "show up around 9 and stay as late as you want, but try to stay until 5" policy. Because of those loose reins, everyone worked 9-10 hour days even though we were free to leave early because we were dedicated to helping them accomplish their goal. It was always low pressure, and when my kids had dr appointments or on the first 90 degree day of summer, I was given nothing but blessings to take off early and enjoy myself.
Pros
friendly, low-pressure AS LONG AS YOU DO YOUR WORK
Cons
making partner appears to be a little bit more of a struggle than at other firms
Less than desireable
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2018
The California office is micromanaged by Pittsburgh. Unfortunately this created a negative work environment. They prefer those who do not question and do not think outside of the box.
Benefits
Cons
No raises. Micromanaged. Negative work environment
Good professional law firm
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2018
They care about their clients and try to provide the best legal representation possible. They care about their employees and are trying to improve the working environment as much as possible.
Great Team Environment
Project Manager - Litigation Technology Support (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 27, 2018
I would with an excellent team of eDiscovery professionals that have years of experience.

We are a Firm-wide resource for our clients and provide support throughout the electronic discovery life-cycle.
Pros
Great work life balance
Step your game up
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 8, 2018
Typical day busy clearing docket, emails, etc. New software was learned. Management should do better at treating everyone with dignity and respect, listen to ALL employees no matter what office they work in or what their position is. Felt like if you were not in the HQ office your concerns fell on deaf ears. Actually base salaries off experience and do much better with rewarding those that work upon arrival and not surf the net or talk on the phone both desk and personal all day.
Pros
Some friendly acquaintances were met during my tenure here.
Cons
Give people opportunity for a leadership role when they apply for it.
A good place to work with great group of attorneys and staff.
Practice Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 7, 2017
This was a learning experience and I had an opportunity to work with a variety of attorneys and staff. The job requirements were always changing and/or being updated which helped keep you engaged. The management always tried to keep a balance in the workload for staff. The most difficult part of the job was getting to and from the office. The commute into and out of Washington, DC is a challenge.
Pros
Free Bagel Fridays
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 16, 2017
Management was very professional
Always had the opportunity to train on software
Hardest part of the job was being able to communicate intentions between NJ and PA offices
Most enjoyable part of the job was communication between the people in the NJ office that I worked with
Very busy
IP Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 4, 2017
I manage two very busy attorneys and 3 paralegals in trademark, copyright and infringement work, mostly administrative work and occasionally prosecution work on an as needed basis.
Nice place to work
Practice Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2017
Typical day at work consist of heavy volume of calls. Preparing documents for closings such as signature pages, certificates, opening up mail and circulating to the attorneys, check all e-mails and answer and follow up on any inquiries. Workplace was a diverse culture of people.
Convenient parking undergroung and monthly lunches
Patent Secretary (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 16, 2017
I loved this job and the people. Most people were caring and considerate and worked well together.
the days were very busy and productive. I was proud of my accomplishments. You get a great feeling when you are working on a project that seems endless and then it is finalized. What a feeling of completion.
Pros
you can almost choose your own working hours
Cons
Not being able to move excel in the business.
Tier 3 Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 25, 2016
This was a good job, but only a short term contract assignment, to rebuild 400 computers with Windows 7 64 bit and additional RAM and testing.

I would interview lawyers and secretaries and other workers to save their computer files and such things as network printers and other specific needs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short term contract job
Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 9, 2016
The work/life balance is good for my family and I. My commute is nice and well is the location of this site. The schedule flexible is good as well.
Good firm, good reputation
Government Affairs manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 14, 2016
Great co-workers, lots of leeway to be your own manager and build your own client base which requires self motivation, maturity and ability to wear a lot of different hats.
Pros
Meet alot of influential and successful people
Cons
Job success is tied to political action which can be years in the making
Fun workplace
Records Specialist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 13, 2016
Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, is a great job to work at. My co-workers are very nice and helpful. My mangers are very understanding.
Excellent law firm
Document Services Operator (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 7, 2015
Excellent large sized law firm that awards it's employees great experience and exposure. I would highly recommend to anyone looking.
Not a bad place
Facilities & Office Support (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 22, 2015
Very good place to work. Good pay, just not enough room to grow and advance. Co workers are very nice. Management is not bad either.
Unique Work Environment
Legal Secretary (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 28, 2015
With over half of my career being spent in large law firms, Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney is uniquely refreshing when it comes to longevity among associates and staff. The helpfulness and responsiveness of their Document Services and Office Services departments are also refreshing in a high-volume, fast-paced environment such as Buchanan's. Each section, or practice group, is compartmentalized and self-sufficient. Often-times, the longevity and familiarity serve those practice groups well, as it builds positive working conditions and a spirit of camaraderie. The helpfulness and responsiveness of their Document Services andced environment, such as Buchanan's.

However, that familiarity is accompanied by a reluctance to embrace both the cultural and technological shifts law firms across the country are experiencing. As such, I did not find it to be the best fit for my professional growth.
Phila, Princeton, Newark NJ and Wilimington Office Great group of people
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 19, 2015
Philadelphia, Princeton NJ, Newark NJ and Wilmington Office Great group of people, I really enjoyed working with everyone in those offices, I learned a lot since I was responsible for everything, such as Pc repairs, Trouble shooting network connections and switches, setting up Video and conference meetings & New Phone setups.

Co - workers were great.

Now Management, that was something else, It was a 6 month contract to hire, after the 4 month the IT Manager sent out an email to the Philadelphia Office and got back almost 90 replies and not one complaint, so he said if the Philadelphia Office is Happy them I am happy, the 5th month comes and he asks about my salary requirements, I left a full time job making 64k to come over and I told him I have kids and that I need to know if I will get hired, he said if all goes well, well after hearing that everyone liked me I though for sure I was getting hired, so I tell him my salary requirements and he asked if I would perhaps come down some, so I came down 5k, the next thing he tells me which is a few weeks later is that were just going to do month to month for now, It seems to be a salary issue, they only wanted to pay 50 to 55K, I said well the last tech was making somewhere in the 70K and every told me that I am a better tech that he was, The manager says well he was over paid..WOW..That was very professional of him. So the next thing you know Mondo who is my recruiting company (No recommended) send me to another Job interview, I follow up and they tell me that the firm is re-evaluating there budget and Mondo will let me know
  more... when it opens back up. Just tell me that they hired someone else's I understand. So I get a call February 17th at 6pm that Buchanan no longer needs my service.

The only benefits about that job was the hours 8 to 4pm and the people is the office mentioned above.
Pros
Hours and free left over lunch from meetings
Cons
No bonus and poor pay increases 2 to 3 % if you get one
Great staff, very friendly people.
Business Development Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 27, 2014
The staff at Buchanan are very friendly and they generally look out for each other. Makes working there a lot easier to know you can build your bridges and work with others in the firm to get your job done.
Pros
Excellent health care benefits
This firm had many positives
Intellection Property Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 30, 2014
This firm treated me very well. I worked for some really nice lawyers and patent agent. We worked very hard but felt appreciated.

Hardest part of job was getting everything done during the day.

Most enjoyable were the employees. I had good friends there and we worked well together
Pros
good bosses, close to home, good benefits
Cons
sometimes too much work made for a too-long day.