Buckeye Partners Employee Reviews

Excellent Culture
Anon (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 26, 2018
Great place to work. The culture and work is fast paced, the company is very stable, all of the groups that I've worked with have been very collaborative groups, overall very good people to work with. You'll get more breadth of responsibility and experience here than anywhere else.
Pros
Stable, Pay, Culture
Cons
Advancement opportunities in some groups may be limited
Productive work place
Project Management Administrator (Current Employee) –  Liberty, TXJuly 10, 2018
I learned a great deal of the process of the oil and gas industry, The hardest part of the job was dealing with things that was not right overlooked. The most enjoyable part of my job is delivering for buckeye. took pride i what i did.
Cons
short breaks
Project Manager
IT PMO Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAJune 6, 2018
Buckeye Partners LP is a great company to work for. The teamwork and dedication I have seen here is only matched to the same atmosphere I experienced during my military career. The IT PMO Office really cares for the PMO and each department it supports. I would work here forever if I could.
Save yourself the trouble
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INApril 12, 2018
The operations Manager at Buckeye Hammond is the definition of what you dont want in a manager ever. He lies to make himself look good. Freaks out about every little thing. Treats contractors and anyone else poorly if things arent going his way. The women in the office are no better. They gossip and take favorites going behind other managers backs. The culture at Buckeye Hammond is toxic. The turnover rate is insane. Save yourself the trouble if you're thinking about working here.
Loved it
Material Controller/Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMarch 19, 2018
Want to go back, but their HR is a one man show, and uses it for personal use. If love to go back, but took a position else where to further myself. It didn't go back, but she would let me back. Even if I qualified and rest of management enjoyed my work
Pros
Good pay, co works are great
Cons
Hr
Very good company o work for people caring company
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TX 78409February 6, 2018
This company takes care of it's employees and is expressed from local to CEO managment. With the policies and benefits allowed from this company are far beyond any of the other companies I have worked for in the past
Pros
Safe place to work at
Good job but poor vacation policy
Pipeline Controller (Current Employee) –  Mont Belvieu, TXDecember 7, 2017
Working at Buckeye is a good job. It offers job security with benefits. I had 5 weeks of vacation and went down to two so that is not good for me and the four on four off schedule is a little difficult but workable with vacation use. All vacation is scheduled for 4 days at a time so it could be better in this area. People are really nice and easy to get along with. This would be a fantastic job for a young person or someone who doesn't have much going on outside of work.
Very successful company
Pipeline Systems Controller (Former Employee) –  Breinigsville, PANovember 6, 2017
This job has a ton of benefits including great pay and benefits. The work hours for this job are 12 hour swing shifts. The company did a great job taking care of the employees.
Pros
Stability and great pay/benefts
Cons
long rotating hours
Collaborative and goal orientied
Senior Director (Current Employee) –  Breinigsville, PAOctober 25, 2017
The last 15 years have been very rewarding with career advancement potential and interesting opportunities. The atmosphere is very collaborative and my colleagues are interested in maintaining our goals.
Great company to work for
Pipeliner (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAOctober 16, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Buckeye Partners. I would highly recommend the company. There is an excellent culture of success and I would certainly go back some day
Childish work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 19, 2017
Spineless management. High school drama between employees. Trainer would say you're doing a good job then tell the manager something different. Definitely don't question why they do something a certain way because you have prior experience.

As long as you suck up you'll be golden.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Back stabbers
safe work place and people are great to work with
Board Operator (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 18, 2017
They are great company but this is the first splitter oil plant they have built and operated. They are more of a transportation company.
They have operations all over the US and have been around for 140 years. However I need to stay in the Corpus area.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
slow to see and move experience people up
Basic Petroleum/Chemical facility
Terminal Operator A (Former Employee) –  Bayonne, NJJune 6, 2017
Buckeye Pipeline at Bayonne is 24/7 operation 365 days of the year.
Product movement tank to tank and tank to vessel.Interaction with customers,transporters,schedulers and third party inspectors are the norm.Tank gauging and yard alignment are essential.
Management is hands off.Workplace culture is amiable.
Pros
Overtime opportunities
Cons
Rotating shifts;all weather outdoor operation.
Pipeline and barge, rail, and truck terminal Company
Assistant Operation Manger (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 31, 2017
Long hours, 24 on call, policy and procedure driven, very good safety culture ands pays well. Some of the managers are hard to work with. Self directed Asset teams perform the day to day business.
Company is great - Department managers are not.
Accounts Payable / Lead Roll (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
Company is great - Department managers are not.
You receive bonuses once a year, around March.
ADP system is terrible.
Employees within Buckeye are great. The managers on the other hand are not.
Great Place to Work
Project Office Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2017
I absolutely love working here. You are part of the team of professionals from day 1 and your expertise is appreciated and valued. The Senior Level Management makes a point to keep all informed on the status of the company.
Great Pay and Benefits but management play favorites
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  BDLMarch 30, 2017
Excellent pay and benefits. Met with top notch people in the petroleum industry.

Co-worker was to friendly with upper management and could do no wrong. Got away with lying to upper manager and was promoted.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
Co-worker was to friendly with upper management.
Management is as skilled as trained apes
receipt controller (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJMarch 16, 2017
BEEN with the company for 15 years was a great place now if you are not a "yes" they will fire you linden location is the worst, and the h.r. dept is the saddest you will ever encounter
Low moral thru the entire workforce, lacked experience in numerous positions
Manager of Operations (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 7, 2016
Total stress trying to keep employees working and doing the job right. Lacked job security, employees. Upper management would belittle employees in front of co-workers.
Pros
Cons
Lacked qualified management to operations
Jury still out after 4 years
Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  NJNovember 4, 2016
Was part of buyout of another company. Could not expierence the Buckeye way when they kept same lame duck management from other company that were inept! Previous compay bosses mistreats employees and does not allow any problems go past lower level. So higher level district or corp has no idea what really goes on. Only bennifit to place is decent pay and good bennifits.
Pros
Decent pay and bennifits
Cons
management is horrible