Buckeye Partners

Buckeye Partners Employee Reviews

United States66 reviews
It is a fast pace environment with a repetitve type of work like bending walking and lifting.However i learned a good work ethic,to be a team player and most importantly how to work safely.Although sometimes we have down day for maitenance purposes,but then by the end of the day we are all happy because everything went well accordingly and safely.Beside the most enjoyable part of the job is learning
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Poor Management
While working at buckeye partners I realized that as a worker, you are just another employee ID. Most of the time you are left alone to try and figure out your job on your own. While working there I quickly realized buckeye partners had more invested in overseas assets than in it’s own domestic terminals. Buckeye seems to value the incompetent upper management above anything else.
Excellent company to work for. Great opportunities for advancement. They promote from within, if u show the desire. Outstanding 401k. They match u up to 5%, and they give u an extra 5%
Pros
Great pay, and advancement.
Cons
N/a
If you’re not a “yes man” or one of their “good ole boys” you are labeled an outcast, and they will try to get rid of you. Question anything and you’re on their Black List. They want butt kissers, not people who think for themselves. Management had their favorites big time!! The HR manager is a vindictive a-hole who twists anything he can to degrade you
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, 12 hour swing shifts, Favoritism
great challenges and fun folks to work with. sr. management is not always in tune with developing from within. a bit of a boys club at times. promotions are only for those inside the circle of sr. leadership favorites
Pros
good benefits, challenging work that allows you to grow your skills and test your limits
Cons
leadership promotes their 'favorites' no matter who else may be more qualified for the job
A great group of people made this a great place to work. Each day brought a new challenge and a great team was there to help solve them. I would recommend Buckeye for anyone that is a self starter.
The management team holds themselves and others accountable for results that add stockholder value. The teams are focused on continuous improvement - keep what works, improve what needs to be adjusted, and remove what doesn't work from any process - Back Office through Operations.
This is a great little company. They have super VPs and great EA's! I recommend they weed out one person, who is too elderly for her Senior Executive Admin position. Other than that... the company is great place to work! Sadly I found no mentoring from upper management. However, I did seek it through other great workers. I learned new programs and found new ways to improve my goals and job performance. BPLP also has some great leaders that I admired and respected. The employees are hard-working talented people. I enjoyed working along with them as a team player and as my service to them each day.
Pros
Great people always fun to work with, team oriented and very talented
Cons
No confidence or support for employees from HR
Worked for supervisor out of South Portland Maine. Great guy to work for. He leads by example and that motivates you to give your best effort. I worked as a contractor but the supervisor and fellow employees treated me like one of the guys. If I didn’t have to relocate, I would have signed on as an employee.
Pros
Variety of work keeps it interesting.
They had an unusual practice of firing plant and operations managers. They went thru 3 while I was employed. The HR Manager was fired and they seemed to overload people with multiple job tasks outside their normal job role. They did provide the opportunity to further your education.
Pros
lunch break
Cons
Overloaded with work.
A place to learn and gain experience. Nice slow pace to work. Held safety meetings before the shift started. Comfortable people and co workers to be around.
Culture is high pace and work overload. Training program is not that great. Company is being sold and everyone is a little on edge snd concerned for their jobs.
Stressful - Management makes completely irrational use of the HSSE Specialists abilities. The HSSE people spend all their normal hours traveling to facilitate training classes at their field locations with no time to do normal operations/ technical safety. Corporate sends too many new programs without taking this into account. No one wants to deal with more. Then the backstabbing begins and your survival depends on not getting blamed. High turnover in field and corporate HSSE.
Don't waste your time. No respect from upper management and they talk out of both sides of their neck. Not even a good stepping stone. Would not recommend this place to anyone. They (Management) don't care about their people but as long as the Management team looks good that's all that matters!
Lots of back stabbing, horrible management and favoritism happened within my department. Other areas seemed fine to work in. Really glad I chose to leave.
Not very diverse workforce. 4 on 4 off rotate days and nights sucks. Jerk you around to different shifts as they seem fit. Force you to learn multiple consoles, which only endangers your chance of a mistake and losing your job. Management from bottom to top is unorganized and secretive. Pay and benefits is only thing keeping most people around.
Pros
Pay and benefits.
Cons
Management, schedule, lack of freedom
I worked at Buckeye Linden for 12 years and left to go to Kinder Morgan. What a mistake that was. Now I'm trying to get back into Buckeye. I never should have left. I learned a valuable lesson about the grass being greener.
This company has gone into the toilet & continues to get worse. Burn out period is about 9-13 months. Don’t get caught up in the benefits you are initially promised; you’ll hardly ever be able to use them.
Major lack of leadership and direction. Don't expect to trust anyone you work with. Employees only care for their own personal gain and will stab you in the back for a $0.05 raise. Claims safety culture yet has no real policy or procedures for most tasks. Training is an absolute joke and practicaly non-existent. Company would rather save a buck than make sure you have the right tools to do your job or proper PPE. Money is ok but not worth the stress and hostility. Avoid this company at all costs.
Pros
Compensation and Benefits
Cons
Lack of leadership, Hostile work environment
I loved the job and the manager was awsome. I loved working there. The staff is great. Lots of learning and keeping busy. The days go by fast and usually weekend offs.
12 hour days, not to bad. management is a huge downfall here. Lack of info and you will get tons of emails on the phone they give you and be relief until all the old guys retire. Hope you like not being trained and people yelling at you.
Pros
the pay
Cons
random work days, no leadership, terrible training.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buckeye Partners. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Buckeye Partners.