Buckingham Property Management Employee Reviews

Good to gain the experience and move on
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 19, 2019
No place for advancement if you are not liked by the higher ups. You must be committed to work 24/7. A very stressful environment, no support from the higher ups. Always demand more and more work from you
Cons
Manager lived on site and had to be available 24/7 no time to rest
Prodavtive and well manage throut the work place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 30, 2019
Shows a sincere interest in employees and the solutions to their problems and
Lends support and guidance to employees by
highly respected by employees
Pros
Great team work
Cons
N/a
Do not work for buckingham
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 3, 2019
Regional managers have zero communication with staff purposefully to lie, control, and manipulate. Company culture is use, abuse, and throw away. Corporate office is completely disconnected from the rest of the staff and any actual work. No self-respecting individual should work for this straw house of pigs.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent corporate office
first job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CADecember 3, 2018
Great place to work, friendly staff, and exellent environment. Would show up and was always greeted with friendly management and staff. Instructions were always described clearly and follow ups were always conducted.
Pros
flexible, close to home
Cons
no positions available
Do Not Work for this Company! Please listen to me.
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 3, 2018
I interviewed, got the job. My first day was horrible. New Hire Orientation was listening to HR read the employee handbook for hours. As a Community Manager you MUST have every document approved by your boss before you can even post a notice to your resident. This means 3-day notices, balance due letter all have to be sent to your boss for approval FIRST before you can actually post them. This company doesn't allow you to text co-workers, use your cell phone at all. No items allowed on your desk-like a stapler, pen holder, no pictures, professional paintings allowed on your office walls. RUN!! You will be sorry you worked for this company. They get sued and loose often because of their conduct. Please listen to me. Nobody warned me and I had to learn the hard way.
Pros
You get your paycheck on time.
Cons
Micro-management is serious, many of the workers behave like depressed robots.
Great company
Resident Apartment Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 29, 2018
This is a great company and would love to go back to work for them I would also recommend to anyone looking for a great opportunity with a great company
Just okay
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2018
Most people are over worked and under paid. They don't give you all the tools you need to adequately do your job and promote people who often don't have a clue as to what they are doing. Everyone is out for themselves and have no problems throwing someone under the bus.
Pros
Healthcare, 401K matching
Do or die
Manager (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaDecember 15, 2017
Company has become cut throat over last few years. No work- life balance. No support staff- you do or die- no help, no assistance, little training provided.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Low pay
This company lacks training for new employees and to support resident managers.
Apartment Rental Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 20, 2017
I would not recommend anyone to work or company. Company has many favorites. In the company the employees (bosses) give positions to persons that are personal to them instead of picking the best candidates.
Pros
You are alone working without the shadow of personal
Cons
Laking inter office organizational skills.
Worst employer ever!!!
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Corcoran, CAApril 20, 2017
Worked for this company before, so over worked, supervisors are so ugly toward the managers. they yell and degrade you.. when you reach out to corporate they ignore you. very racist and rude. The pay sucks and when residents threaten the manager, their home on site, and the workplace, corporate does nothing, no protection for the employee!!!! not a safe place to live with your family. Company is so unprofessional overall !! They would always get sued for something. Now I see why.. they screw you over!!
Pros
Cons
Pay, Overworked, On Going Law suits
They will definitely overwork you
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Linda, CAMarch 21, 2017
This company needs complete restructuring! They will force you work multiple properties and only offer you mileage! They have a huge problem hiring the right people. They will lure you in with thinking you're getting a much higher rate than you're really getting.
Pros
Free housing
Cons
Poor management, constantly stressed to fill vacancies but never get approvals
Good Management
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJune 8, 2016
I really enjoyed working for the company. The property was beautiful and I loved my residence. My managers were very helpful and professional. The only reason I left was I moved to a different City to be closer to my family.
Pros
Cons
Distance
Great job for those who work well without supervision.
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 12, 2014
A typical day at work consists of daily reporting to supervisors, making sure any maintenance work orders are taken care of, scheduling any work needed by outside vendors, and enforcing all community rules.
Other than maintenance staff, there are no other co-workers present, so you must be self motivated to ensure all of your work is completed.
I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work for Buckingham Property Management.
Pros
On-site living paid for.
Strict, tedious job.
Receptionist & Profile Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 1, 2014
Very demanding, but professional and fun at times. Co workers are all very easy to get along with and fun.
No two days are the same. Always changing.
Resident Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 11, 2014
My typical day starts out around 7AM checking the grounds and property making sure everything is clean and in order. I am in the office by 9AM completing my morning reports, preparing my tenant rooster, maintenance work orders, setting up interviews, meeting with vendors and taking care of all paper work. I lean each day brings on a new challenge and that being prepared makes a big difference in how you handle that challenge. No two days are ever the same and things are always changing. I work alone but have email and phone conversations with co-workers when ever they need some help or if I have a applicant that may feel one of there units. I am in daily communications with my supervisor, maintenance supervisor and the head of our department through emails, phone and texting. I keep them informed as to what is going on with the property and any state or government inspections that are scheduled and when. I enjoy all the different people in my building and there cultural backgrounds and traditions. The best part of my job is the different people that I meet and are able to help find or get a place to live.
Pros
Free Apartment
Cons
No Healthcare
A challenging and good environment
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJanuary 9, 2013
The most enjoyable part of this job were the various challenges my position held. Working for a property management company was a new experience for me that I took as a great learning tool. I worked well with other employees and supervisors. The hardest part of my job was the payroll allocated billing. I am greatful for this experience.
Pros
starbuck runs
Good Job BUT
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 2, 2012
What I learned:
People aren't as honest as you think. Others pay for what they do.
Pros
was good doing the job. it was enjoyable
Cons
management not honest decent people. values don't count there.
good employer
46 units On Site Manager (Former Employee) –  fresno,caJuly 16, 2012
leasing apartment with management and supervisor of three employees. the hardest part of the job is not getting enough traffic in my office. i loved working with people and being able to help them move in to a new home that is right for the family
Pros
very flexable with family
Cons
need more training for upto date
Community Manager- Tax Credit, Multi Family (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 21, 2012
While working for Buckingham Property Management (a Tax Credit Facility) I was constantly busy and always learning. I enjoyed being in charge, working alone, and the day to day challengels that I went through daily.
Pros
i worked on sight, and my rent was cheaper than the residents rents.
Cons
always on call seven day a week 24 hours a day, and sometime no breaks or they were short breaks.
The Scum That Feeds Off The Scum
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  L.A. CAJanuary 20, 2012
This is an unethical and horrible excuse for a property management company. Their slum lords that allows people who shouldnt live in affordable housing get away with ripping off the tax payers. They are no better than the cockroaches that infest their decrepid buildings.
Pros
not a whole lot
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buckingham Property Management. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7