Buckle

Buckle Employee Reviews

United States1,550 reviews
Found 1,550 reviews matching the search
Fun and exciting.
Great company to work for. Very fast pace. Must be willing to work hard. Must be adaptable, willing to move up in the company. Take on rolls that are different from what you we’re hired on to do.
Great place to work!!
This company really cares about its employees! During COVID-19 employees were furloughed, but the company kept us very informed of what was happening until we could return to work!!! This company has great benefits! The only downside is I can only work part time here!! Managers are great and employees are great!! It’s like your family away from your family!! Very fun,fast paced and energetic place to work!!
If you work hard with a smile on your face and put the customers first you will get paid for how hard you work
Great management. The manager worked beside you instead of out of her office. Rules and duties were informe, training was straight forward. If you were a people pleaser it would most definitely show on your paycheck.
Pros
Work with fun people
Cons
If no customers show up even if you worked hard at work you will only get paid the minimum.
Excellent
The development and skills I was able to obtain in this Company I will be able to use in any future venture. The ability to move up from within and the training to help with that process was extremely helpful
Buckle
Don’t recommend retail if you want a personal life . Not much of a work and personal balance. There’s not a lot of opportunity for growth with this company either
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Great place to work in retail
Can't say enough good things about the work culture at Buckle and even more so during Covid 19 where they have demonstrated clear consistent concern for associates and regular communication about next steps. Buckle is a retail gem.
Part Time Sales
Love the buckle clothing. Not a lot of room for growth. Many cliques in the store and many employees left out and not talked to. Very pushy sales expected. Great employee discount. Loved working with clients and helping them pick out outfits.
Workplace culture
Very positive place to be , making people happy throughout the day , a positive attitude is always needed throughout the day ! Everyone deserves kindness throughout the day and you do everythung you can to make something work for someone
The Buckle team
I learned there are multiple methods of suasion and different markets to appeal towards. Each day coming into work was a chance to hone my skills and methods to fit the largest margin of clients. Everyone was friendly and had such enthusiasm to work the day that it made working there seem fun. Motivating me to do my best everyday and try to show that effort to guests, creating good service.
Not bad
You get paid by commission and when you’re doing sales it’s very pushy towards the customer but it’s a great experience to learn.I was not getting enough hours due to the fact that I was still learning how to make sales so my sales per hour was a very low
Fun place to work
Well this thing requires 15o characters so here I am filling up space. It was a fun place to work and the management team was good. A little more focused on sales then team members.
Typical day
Buckle is a competitive job which I do not believe with sometime. I love this job because I love fashion and I love making other feel good about themselves. I do not agree with a lot of the companies standards for their employees.
Pros
Discount and cute clothes
Cons
Toxic
Poor management, toxic environment.
Poor management and toxic environment. Dont expect to move up unless you are rude and condescending and cover it up with a fake "customer service" high pitch whaling voice where you pretty much just yell everything you say. Managers dont care about helping you they more use your training to one up each other for their own egotistical advantage. They have poor communication and unrealistic time expectations to get your projects done to "buckle standards" even if it mens not doing the job efficiently which causes problems for everyone later on. I thought it was only my manager that was awful but I've worked at both okc locations and met 10 other store managers a d they all meet the toxic "buckle traits" they didn't get to the top for no reason.
poor upper management
in store management level was great and loved the team but had difficulties performing duties due to higher management miscommunications because their home stores were in different states.
Awesome place to work!
I love it at the buckle. Before working there, I shopped there all the time and became interested in employment from the culture. Everyday is something new and exciting! Love my Buckle Family!
not worth it
Wish I could rate this place lower. Commission is unfair and people are rude. You have to harass people with a script and if you try to have normal conversations with people you can get in trouble worst place I’ve worked
Its a good place to work if your in high school or in college
Its a good starter job. Learning how to do the job is simple. Other workers are nice and welcoming for the most part. Management could use some improvement.
Great people, poor pay
I worked at Buckle throughout the beginning of my college and I was really hoping for growth in the company. I received nice raises and bonuses and pursued growth in the company, however, I was never promoted out of my entry-level position.
Very simple work environment
Simply listen to your managers and MTs and you will learn the trade quick. Makes life very easy working there. Calling clients is also very important as commission is a big part of your pay here. Establish report and keep the relationships strong.
You get back what you put in
As long as you are showing up everyday and doing your best to grow as an employee the company will take you far. There are endless opportunities for those who actively look for them. This company is one of the best around for anyone. The career driven individual or the kid just trying to make a few bucks.
Not only is this a great place to shop, it is an amazing place to work. I wish I could’ve continued my career but due to personal reasons I couldn’t. I wouldn’t hesitate to work for another Buckle store.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buckle. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.