Buckle Employee Reviews

great place for part time
Customer service associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2018
the people that work there are friendly and likable. very cool place to work at if you nee a job while your going to school. the managment is great and good to work with.
Empty store, clueless manager, useless co-workers.
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, WAOctober 12, 2018
The Kitsap Mall is usually empty, but even when it was busy, Buckle still remained a barren wasteland. Nobody ever came in and those who did immediately left either after finding out how ridiculously priced everything is or because of the hostility and uncomfortableness of being stormed by several employees pretending to be your friend and “personal shopper”.. Most people want to be left alone while shopping, but at Buckle, you’re basically forced to harass these poor people into buying something by suggest articles of clothing you think suits them with “reason, purpose, and feeling”.. 90% of the time, they’re young high schoolers who can barley keep a conversation and make it awkward for all parties (plus, all they can afford is a cheap/sale shirt or some jewelry). The other 10% are moms coming to splurge and completely deplete their bank accounts because they think overly bedazzled jeans and cowboy boots are “in”.. What’s even worse is when a customer leads you on, making you think they’re going to buy the 10 pairs of jeans, 15 shirts, 5 pairs of shoes, and whatever the heck else you brought them only to skip out when you run to the back to grab something. If you don’t want any help, just say no for goodness sake. I’d rather fold clothes then pretend to care about how ridiculous you’re going to look in those awful bedazzled jeans and a shirt that says “Am I into fitness? Yeah, fitness taco in my mouth” or some other lame quote. The cherry on top is the $9/hr and 3% comission. Paying lower than minimum wage and then trying to compensate by offering 3% comission on each purchase?  more... Absolutely foolish. Nobody ever goes to the Buckle in Kitsap Mall and nobody would ever spend nearly enough for that 3% comission to be worth it. If all of this isn’t enough to keep you from working there, then god speed if you get hired.  less
Pros
Nothing, honestly
Cons
Everything.
Pretty okay
E-commerce Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEOctober 4, 2018
It's a really easy 8-5 job, with some overtime that may be mandatory sometimes. Occasional Saturdays. It's great if you don't mind a lot of repetition.
Fun company to be a part of in many ways!
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEOctober 2, 2018
I have so many good things to say about working for The Buckle Inc., and I cannot think of anything negative to say about my time spent with the company.
Pros
Free donuts on the first Monday of each month. Coupons, free tickets, and great monthly newsletters
Cons
Some office spaces with no windows.
okay
Merchandiser/Shipment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 26, 2018
Worked two roles at this company, it was an interesting place to work. Overall working commission was not for me and the work ethics the company trained you in were a little questionable for me as well.

They expected a lot from the store managers so I feel like the store managers were scared for their job security which led those store mangers to be a bit harsh on their managers/sales associates.
Great Company
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  KansasSeptember 25, 2018
Great Company to work for. Follows mission statement. Great atmosphere. Every day is different. Definitely follows the latest fashion trends and uses social media to drive it.
The Buckle- No traffic which really effected my commission checks.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 25, 2018
The Buckle- No traffic which really effected my commission checks. The other employees we obviously stealing merchandise and blaming it on customers. Also, the employees were part time and very entry level sales people. Hard to train and so stubborn.
Pros
The %40 discount as an employee.
Cons
The "top dogs" from the corporate office and our district manager was very unprofessional and rude.
Driven work environment
Personal Stylist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 19, 2018
Had the ability to learn multiple sales techniques while also gaining knowledge in apparel products. Great place to build relationships that can benefit your future within the retail industry and other industries as well.
It was fun meeting new people and talking with people, getting to know them.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 18, 2018
Refolding clothes, stocking tables with new jeans and moving cloths around to different parts of the store.
I learned that every person has a different style and you have to learn to work with what they prefer.
The management was good.
The hardest part of the job was meeting your goal to sale a certain amount of items per day.
The most enjoyable part was seeing the new clothes the came out.
Pros
Getting to know new people
Cons
Having to compete with your coworkers
The culture is very cut throat
Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 16, 2018
You have to be comfortable with incentive based pay structure to survive in this company. It also oddly caters to a specific all American culture that sometimes feels....uninclusive and lacking diversity.
Fast Paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Very fast paced Envirmoment, must have project planning skills if you want to be a leader or department manager, management worked well with my schedule. I would say this company should work on paying leaders and Department managers more because they do just about everything the General manager does without the pay.
Pros
Worked well with my schedule
Cons
Have the responsibility of manager without title, pay, benefits
Enjoyed working here
Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 9, 2018
I loved working for Buckle. I had my freedom to do whatever I pleased with the visual merchandising of the store and it allowed me to express my creativity to my fullest potential and grow as a creative fashion professional.
Fast-Paced, Fun, High-Energy
Assistant Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INSeptember 8, 2018
Buckle is a fun environment to work in for both full-time and part-time teammates. It is a learning environment. Those who want to actually take part in the learning process, Buckle teammates can learn something new about the product and the company everyday.
Pros
Fun, Fast-Paced, Flexible Work Hours
Cons
Irregular Work Schedule
Great Work Place
Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 7, 2018
I have learned to work at such a fast paced environment, working along with other teammates and as well leaders have molded me and shaped me into the leader and individual that I am today.
Pros
Discount, Leadership
Very engaging and learningful enviroment
Leader/Sales Teammate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 6, 2018
The work place is amazing! Totally different from many retail stores around due to commission and based pay, so not much of a steady pay. Always something new to learn each and every da, great way to expand your mind with business, sales, merchandising and really getting to know guests that come in!
Pros
Great working enviroment
Cons
commission based
Fast Paced, high energy tons of fashion filled fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VASeptember 6, 2018
Got to try on and model new product. Helped guests have a five star shopping experience. Lots of room for growth in Buckle. They take excellent care of their people
Fun workplace
Sales Representative/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 5, 2018
Fun workplace, everyday is different. Build great relationships with customers. Great clothing discount. Fun co workers. Good benefits. Flexible schedules.
Pros
Clothing discount
Great project management skills
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 4, 2018
This job taught me so many great project management skills. How to plan, perform, execute, and close projects. With a team and individually. As a manger in training you really learn how to juggle both skill sets and it becomes natural over time. You really begin to believe in your self and see your true potential when these skills are at their finest.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 3, 2018
It was a great experiences, I learned a lot about team building along with self encouragement. Things went wrong when I was offered to take on a position to help build our store but never received the appropriate pay or benefits. With all the amazing things this company instills in people I was truly disappointed at how the higher ups handled the situation. Overall i believe this company has great motives, however my experience was not as great as others.
the culture was nice and coworkers were great
buckle (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 2, 2018
I enjoyed the experience at Buckle. my co-workers always provided the best enthusiasm and helped me out in the best way possible. Discounts on the clothing and accessories were great too.
Pros
discounts, friendly
Cons
hours, pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buckle. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.