Buckle Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Demanding but fun workplace
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 15, 2018
You are held to high expectations to be able to give 5 star service. I had a ton of fun and they were super flexible with my schedule. They train you and make it an easy transition for you.
Fast-paced, but not well paid
FREIGHT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2018
Buckle is a fun place to work at, but you work off commission. It can be very stressful, but you get great discounts. The other workers are very competitive, which can be irritating.
fun job for during college
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 7, 2018
Buckle was a fun job when I was still trying to figure out what I was trying to major in college. I think it was a good stepping stone as to what I wanted to go into. meaning working a job selling and working with people.
Pros
great discounts
Cons
would often have commission missing from pay check
Laid back and friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 6, 2018
Laid back, positive energy friendly to every person and employee that walks through the door. Lots of room for advancement. Great discount and commision
Pros
great discount
Cons
great discount
Fun place to work at and opportunity to meet a lot of people
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAAugust 4, 2018
Buckle helped me a lot on my ability to communicate with people and to be friendly and to create a good environment with my co workers always in a professional way
Nice place to work
Freight Coordinator / Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILAugust 1, 2018
Waited on customers helping with outfits that they might like.
Put away incoming orders and kept store clean and neat. Folded pants and hung shirts so store had a neat appearance.
Pros
Discounts
buckle was fun
Lead sales associate (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 1, 2018
buckle was a great place to work if you didn't have any big bills to pay. it was very sad that the environment was great but the pay was low. it was nice to learn more things everyday the lewarning never stopsed
unique position
Professional seamstress (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAJuly 30, 2018
As the seamstress at Buckle, I work one day a week to complete all of the alterations accumulated during the past week. I work at my own pace with minimum supervision. The sales and management staff are very friendly, supportive, and appreciative of the work I do.
Counter Culture
Freight (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 28, 2018
Buckle is driven by people who want to be aesthetically pleasing to look at but unfortunately most of the people whom work there have the personality of a white board. The store I worked at was very focused on sales and getting people into the right fit. I was hired under the pretense of being a manager and ended up working the freight end of things most of the time from day 1. I learned sales tactics and how to be personable when I did get time on the sales floor. Management is very disorganized. The hardest part of the job, and any retail job, was the general public and their lack of respect.
Pros
discounted clothing
Cons
unrealistic sales goals
fast pace
Floor Leader (Leadership) (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 27, 2018
Horrible manager. Really love the work environment and getting to help people every day. The work schedule sucked, I hated the late hours. Setting goals and achieving them everyday was fun. Keeping up with customers and knowing what was new coming in and contacting them to let them know. Working as a team leader was awesome.
Pros
Discount on clothes
Cons
Lazy/non-reliable manager
Working with my best friends everyday and living a very comfortable life for my age
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 26, 2018
Hours can be excessive and overwhelming, you may not have as much free time as you want and you have no say in weekends off/ multiple days. Stress is somewhat manageable but the money and individuals are awesome
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Excessive hours
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 25, 2018
You are running all day. Balancing projects, and new product placement but the guest always comes first. Can be very fun. You get coached/ critiqued on the spot.
Amazing
Sales associate & Visual Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAJuly 23, 2018
I loved working at Buckle. Honestly my favorite job ever. Fun, fast paced and you have the opportunity to make lots of many and move up in the company. They typically hire from within first and love helping their team grow.
Pros
Cons
Hiting sales golas
Nice Enviromnent
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 20, 2018
Your there to learn how to help others, your pushed to be part of the guests shopping experience and learn a lot about clothing. If you make Buckle a career, it's pretty rewarding.
Not professional
Assistant Manger (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2018
The management team was not professional at all. The store Manger had a lot of favorite associates and had family member , and close friends working there.
Pros
40% discount
Cons
short breaks or no breaks at all
typical day
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 19, 2018
It was a retail job I had while in college. I worked with customers to try and help them find outfits for specific events. The job was alright - but commission based which I'm, not strong at.
good learning environment fun atmosphere
OPERATIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTJuly 18, 2018
dealt with daily operations of the store. i learned how to create the best shopping experience for the guest do floor sets, do freight, how to do our shipping system. the most enjoyable part of the job is every day is different!
Sales and Management Intern (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 17, 2018
The buckle has a great internship program in place. During my time at the buckle I learned a lot and was able to work closely with management which was very useful in the training process.
Extremely Flexible Scheduling
Seamstress (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 12, 2018
Buckle provided the flexible scheduling I needed. The managers were also really great to work for. Buckle excels at training their employees and this shows in the professionalism their managers have.
Pros
Great managers to work for
Cons
Hours varied from season to season.
fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 10, 2018
Enjoy helping the guest. Loved the products that the company has. There is always a ton of energy when you walk into a buckle. Great benefits. The culture is great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buckle. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss