Buckle Employee Reviews

Fun company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJune 22, 2018
Fun Company.

No work life Balance.

The work Culture was not okay.

Loved the people I worked with and the guest.

It's time the brand reinvents itself.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
DM level leadership was not good.
Loved the team but it was always drama
Alterations Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 22, 2018
There was always something going on. An employee stealing, people saying racist things, manager crying. I learned how to organize and quickly hem jeans to get them done. There was terrible communication within management. I would tell a manager important information and then the GM would come down on me for not notifying her of important information. I love the team. I got to sit in the back with my radio and listen while I sewed.
Pros
great pay
Cons
communication problems
meeting new people everyday and great atmosphere
Assistant Manager/ Manager in training (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 21, 2018
A typical day of work would revolve around working one on one with guests giving them an unforgettable shopping experience. I was in the business of building and maintaining relationships. I got out of my comfort zone and enhanced my skills of communication with guests/customers. The workplace culture was fun and relaxed yet in a professional manner. Worked hand in hand with co-workers to deliver exceptional guest service. Hardest part of my job was to get over the feeling of being "pushy" when i was selling them on products. Most enjoyable part of the job was to see my growth. I grew in the company along with personal growth.
Pros
discount, learning experiences, teamwork
Cons
pay
The Buckle is satisfactory in customer servicing.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 15, 2018
Overall, a great company. Its not for just ANYONE. Mental mindset is the determining factor in your success.There is alot of pressure on the job in reference to sales, and customer servicing.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pressure to drive sales
Fun fast paced place to work
Assistant Manger (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OH 45356June 13, 2018
I have been working for buckle for 4 years now and I would highly recommend anyone with a out-going personality to apply for a job. I have learned time management skills, management skills, am able to travel and work in different locations, and learn how to work as a team in a competitive environment. I love working with people/ public so, if that is something that you like to do, I would apply. I love my job.
Bad
Team mate (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJune 12, 2018
The company doesn’t value their employees. You can work for them for a year and work every holiday and if something inconveniences them they will just cut you lose with no warning.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
They don’t value their employees
Fast paced and fun to work there
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEJune 11, 2018
Good place to work the insurance is very good . They take care of their employees. They offer overtime around the holidays. They train you very well. They are very good at answering questions.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Lots of walking and standing
It is a very friendly environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJune 8, 2018
I absolutely love working at Buckle, and I am very fond of the co-workers I have there. Everyone helps each other out and is like a family there. Overall I the customers and coworkers made the job better they just have such a positive attitude that makes your day great.
Pros
Guest, coworkers, discounts
Cons
not enough hours, not getting paid enough
Good Management Experience
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2018
This is a good company to work for. The culture is phenomenal and driven. The connection to the guests is always genuine and most important . The sales and management skills you will learn in this company are superior to any other company I've worked for.
Pros
Good Discounts
Cons
Felt like all upper Management was related and bias.
glad i left
Part-time sales teammate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJune 7, 2018
I found myself alone most of the time in the store because my coworkers would be to busy hanging out in the back. I put up with a lot of it because I genuinely thought it was going to get better but it didn't. A lot of days I was stuck cleaning up someone else's mess. it got to the point I would try to ignore it then got in trouble for not "helping out." I witnessed how people were treated unfairly, some even left because they couldn't stand the favoritism.
Pros
cute clothes
Cons
commission
Okay job for short term
Backroom Stocker (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAJune 7, 2018
Starting out, I did stock in the back and it was fine for the situation i was in at the time. And the manager at the time was super friendly and laid back. But over time, i needed more hours than the 12 i got a week and got a second job to try to compensate. After a while, we got new management that was much more strict and had unreasonable expectations for my position. The time put in and stress i felt while there and low hours, it just wasn't the right fit for me anymore.
Pros
Major employee discount
Cons
Low hours, slow energy
Fun place to work but lacks good management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  PAJune 6, 2018
I enjoyed working here, but the management was not the best. They tend to promote people too young and inexperienced that are not very responsible. It's difficult to run a business that way.
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
poor management
My favorite place I've worked so far.
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 5, 2018
This is a wonderful company to work for. The culture is phenomenal and the connection to the community and your guests is always genuine. The sales and management skills you will learn in this company are superior to any other company I''ve seen.
Stressful work enviroment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEJune 4, 2018
You have so many supervisors that it can be very overwhelming at times. If you have concerns they sometimes take it as you are not being a team player.
Fun Work Environment
SR MENS BUYER (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 3, 2018
Great place to work. Fast paced and professional. Able to work through problems quickly and provide our stores great support in order for them to conduct a healthy business.
A lively atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXMay 24, 2018
From the beginning of every work week with a plan of action, us as managers saw through our plan with many things in mind but mainly customer satisfaction.
Pros
the managerial staff and corporate communication
Cons
the ability to have full creativity of floor layout based on store location
Not worth the stress
Assistant Manager / Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAMay 23, 2018
Personal sales is what you will be expected to do with extreme scrutinization and micromanagement by team leads and management. Often employees feel overwhelmed by this for obvious reasons. Also personal life is not valued as you become a disposable object of Buckles management. They will straight say to your face no matter how much you may have increased sales or supported business that "you are replaceable".
management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cordova, TNMay 19, 2018
The job itself was not hard, but the management at the store I worked for is literally crazy. I saw multiple fist fights between the store manager and employees within my first month of working there.
Pros
great sales associates
Cons
bad management
Horrible management and envirement
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDMay 16, 2018
The Moscow Idaho location is going downhill. The unprofessional-ism and immaturity I had to deal with was the worst I've encountered. I was lied to about pay, hours and the position. In addition, I was never even trained into this position. Meanwhile, there was favoritism. Teammates/leaders would constantly be on their phone, snap chatting, posting on Instagram, texting, etc. The manager was aware of all of these issues. I actually worked during my shifts and didn't even take a lunch a majority of the time. The leaders would sit around and talk about what typical 20 year old girls talk about. The manager was "bffs" with those employees. (assuming the reason they never got disciplined or fired.) Besides the fact, there was constant drama, being catty and mean to each other, talking behind backs, leaving lunches and trash out constantly and judging certain peoples appearances. If you are looking for a productive and professional workplace where you are want to learn and acquire new skills.... DO NOT WORK HERE. If you are a sorority girl who loves drama and a good discount... this will be a good fit.
Pros
40% Discount
Cons
horrible management and immature workplace
Good workplace, but only a few ways to move up in payscale, performance is not recognized other than management and only want you to take a store.
Advanced MT/Leader - Team leader (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 12, 2018
Begin at the store preparing, looking at your numbers vs. goals for the week and month then have meeting over departments. Get store ready for opening and each employee is assigned specific duties to take care of before opening. Then 10-15 minutes before opening we went over specific goals for the day and products each employee woud sponsor and go over price points along with different uses and why someone should buy the product. I learned a lot about how to run a business through my management position and work well with others while delegating duties while relaying what duties I will be doing to show we are working as a team. I learned scheduling, teaching in the moment properly, and ensuring many customers (10-50) are all happily recognized and taken care of at one time, as well as all of the other employees helping them constantly provide the best customer service for each customer. The culture was fun being able to interact with so many customers, but had a lot of difficult culture issues with the gossip and immaturity of leading so many employees. That was probably the most difficult part, staying in my element while so many others at times would lose focus and ignore customers which had me running 300%. The most enjoyable part was enjoying the presence of the people as well helping them get the things they want or need. All enjoyed the ability to influence them on certain items while always making them happy while doing so.
Pros
Helping others, building relationships daily both professional and customer, being a leader and respected as my role as a leader
Cons
Some immaturity, getting stuck running at a pace of 3+ employees while some employees would do nothing, only way to move up in pay is by taking on your own store, performance did not help me grow in employment status.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buckle. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.