Buckle Employee Reviews

Found 1,161 reviews matching the search See all 1,162 reviews
Typical day at work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXDecember 8, 2018
A typical day at work consist of greeting everyone as soon as they walk in then going over to them and helping them the whole time they are there by showing them a lot of product and picking them out a whole outfit.
Fun workplace
Non-sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IA 51106December 4, 2018
Great people to work with! Very up beat and positive! Great discounts on clothes and accessories! Miss working with everyone but had to switch jobs for college.
Fast pace learning environment
Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UT 84770November 26, 2018
This job has turned into a relationship of forever family and friends for me. I love everyone i work with, who can say that? I love meeting and helping new people find clothes. A lot of people hate shopping because they have had so many negative experiences previously. It's all about 'The Buckle Experience'; this changes the game in shopping.
Good part time job for students currently enrolled at school
Intern (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVNovember 23, 2018
Flexible hours with a fun work environment. Commission is offered, so sales can get competitive but the teammates never really have a problem with other employees trying to take sales. If you like teamwork and understand how to work with others you will enjoy working at Buckle.
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 20, 2018
Depending on your location and manager is what will make it ok or horrible . It’s commission so you will compete for sales everyday and if you do not reach your goals you do not get any hours. I only did it because I needed a paid internship to graduate. If I had another option I wouldn’t have. It’s been four years and I still will not walk in any of the stores , my manager was evil and was fired shortly after I left. I don’t have any respect for a company who lets someone behave in that manner for so long and doesn’t take action.
Cons
Commission, management
Good company, bad staff
Operational manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCNovember 19, 2018
It was not a pleasant environment to work in. Staff was not pleased with management, store moral was low, and fast staff turnover. The company seems to jump through a lot of unnecessary hoops.
Pros
positive learning environment
Cons
poor staff moral
Worst job I’ve ever had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 15, 2018
I’m not exaggerating when I say that it is more intense and strenuous than car sales. Very uncomfortable and very unrealistic in terms of sales goals.
Pros
Management.
Cons
Horrible sales tactics.
Okay Place
Management and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKNovember 7, 2018
Job was okay. Fast-paced. You work with a lot of highschoolers so drama happens. They do not pay bonuses as promised. They also will schedule you on weekends although you ask off.
Pros
Managable schedule
Cons
No bonuses
great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Joliet, ILNovember 7, 2018
To obtain a professional position within an organization that will allow me to utilize skills related to Information Technology, as well as leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
Productive, energetic and fun workplace
MT (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 2, 2018
Interacted with guests daily. Ordering items daily for guests, answering phone calls and tending to guests needs, as well as training new employees. Running opening and closing shifts daily, and approaching new challenges daily. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to build strong relationships with my coworkers. As well as building a bond and friendship with our guests
It's a job
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kearney, NEOctober 31, 2018
The job is super simple and easy. It is made for people who don't have interest in doing hard work or for mother's waiting for their kids to get out of school. Don't recommend for big people.
Close work family
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 31, 2018
While working at Buckle, I became close with all of my co-workers. We referred to ourselves as the dream team. We were with each other so much that we were able to tell when the other was down and as a whole store come together and give that person what they needed.
Good
Electro Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearney, NEOctober 25, 2018
This company was great to work for in the maintenance department. Unfortunately my boss did not run the whole operation. I got full custody of my daughter and upper management would not allow flexible hours
Pros
maintenance department
Cons
Upper management
Not a great first time retail job
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 24, 2018
Buckle isn't for everyone. We provide a service to our guest, and you've got to want it to earn it. This isn't a first retail job, or a good first job ever. You have to be driven, motivated and a self starter.
Pros
flexible schedule, great people
Cons
sucks your life away
Fun work environent
SALES (Current Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 23, 2018
Typical work day starts off with a set up of the day. Then you hop out on the sales floor and help customers. I learned a lot from there. I learned how to be more confident with talking to people and how to have patients with people. Management was great. They are always willing to help out and work with me and my schedule. The culture was great too. Everyone liked each other for the most part and there wasn't a lot of conflict. There wasn't really a hardest part of the job. Once I got all the policies and training down, I was good to go. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people dress to their best and the relationships I made with my co workers.
Pros
discounts, flexible
Cons
no tuition reimbursment, retail hours, no holiday bonus pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29212October 23, 2018
Wasn't happy with management. I was always chosen over and never really felt included. Manager definitely had her favorites and it showed. Fun company overall.
Not my greatest experience
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 22, 2018
The pay was definitely not enough for everything they'd ask me to do that wasn't in my job description. Wasn't the greatest retail experience. If you're a high energetic person and super competitive then maybe this job is for you on the commission side but I worked backroom and did all the prep work and shipment and definitely did not feel respected Enough.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Stress
Negative pushy environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 22, 2018
I love what I do and who I work with but the environment and management is just so negative and they lead by fear. Unrealistic sales goals and the pay is very low!
Pros
Discount, teammates, nice guests.
Cons
Pretty much everything else...😟
Fun and competitive place to work
Sales Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2018
Very fun environment and competitive atmosphere. Make new friends and great connections. Advance your people, communication and sales skills. Develop great multi tasking skills, balancing projects and helping guests.
Pros
Excellent discount on clothes
Cons
discount only for your gender. low hourly. no breaks on sundays
Fun workplace made some long lasting friends there
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 17, 2018
Loved working there made some awesome friendships with teammates and guests and the clothes are amazing only cons are if you are having a good time outfitting the guest you are always pushed to sell more and it's never enough. But I understand there are goals in place to exceed
Pros
Freedom for creativity
Cons
Pushy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buckle. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss