Bucknell University Employee Reviews

Great institution
Special Researcher, Office of the President (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 16, 2018
It was great to be a part of the Executive team at Bucknell during a time of growth. With the strategic plan at the forefront of our minds, there was a strong vision of where the University was heading.
HR promotes nepotism
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 13, 2018
Unless your family is a donor or you have family working there, career opportunity is non-existent. Too many snobs on campus and they all think they're ivy leaguers.
Pros
Tuition discount
Bucknell University Food Service
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 5, 2018
While employed at Bucknell University, a typical day at work was fun. I learned a lot about how important people skills are to have and I grew in them as well as problem solving skills. Management for me was great, along with the culture. The hardest part of the job was keeping everything under control when we got busy with customers, however I believe I always did a great job. The most enjoyable part of the job was working at a fast pace. I enjoyed the fast pace and hope to obtain a job in the Forestry field that is also either fast pace or makes me feel like I accomplished something in each work day.
Good working environment!
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 11, 2018
It is so easy to find knowledgable people who are willing to help you learn and grow. Once you find a mentor you will be able to prosper all the better.
Excellent students, great colleagues
Visiting Director of Bands (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAFebruary 10, 2018
Probably the best overall culture I found in all the higher education institutions that I attended and worked at.
The department chair was very supportive, and helpful when necessary. Fellow faculty members were all very competent in their own fields, and always open to collaboration.
Students were bright, engaged, and, for the most part, very hard working.
Pros
Great students and faculty colleagues, excellent facilities.
Cons
Some shortsightedness on the part of upper administration, at the time, in developing the proper role of athletic support from the instrumental ensembles.
Summer Research
Research Student (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 26, 2018
Conducted research for several weeks at Bucknell. The summer time is a relaxed atmosphere where students conduct their research and enjoy the summer. Great experience and housing is provided.
Muy buen ambiente y recursos
Spanish Teaching Assistant, August- Present (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 4, 2018
Es un lugar muy agradable, posee muchos recursos. Hay mucho respeto e integración. Es muy organizado y hay una buena comunicación entre las personas que trabajan en el departamento. Me gusta mucho la organización
great place to work. the pay could be better
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PADecember 4, 2017
not a hard job most everyone is friendly and helps each other.you can learn alot about food and the different ways to cook it. the pay is subpar but the benefits are really good. so maybe it makes up for it.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
pay scale is bad
Temporary summer fundraising job
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PANovember 2, 2017
Reaching out to university alumni for donations; updating them on relevant goings-on in Lewisburg; organizing contact info and payment preferences, mailing fundraising info to alumni.
Productive and fun place to work
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2017
Day began with knowing exactly what I had to do. People were helpful and supportive of each other's job. I learned how to make wrap type sandwiches as well as subs. Learned how to deep fry French fries, chicken tenders and onion rings.

Good work place culture with rewards, etc. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with orders during the lunch rush.

Most enjoyable part of the job was working with the people there.
Pros
free lunches, good food, employee picnic
Intellectual and motivated environment
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 13, 2017
Bucknell is a fast-paced place, but the work is satisfying and everyone loves what they do. Professors care about their students and students care about learning, which makes a great classroom environment.
Great place to get a head start
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJune 9, 2017
I work at Bucknell as a student worker. I get to have experience in my field and see what it is really like out in the work force. I get to work with a lot of the hardware that is currently used in my field, and it gives me experience in my field which will allow me to get a job after I graduate.
Great education
Student (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMay 18, 2017
I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year at Bucknell University, and U look forward to the next three years. The environment is very student friendly, and the small class sizes are amazing.
Learning environment
Teaching Assistant/Homework Grader (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMay 3, 2017
I work as a TA(teaching assistant) and homework grader at Bucknell University. I enjoyed working with professors and gained a tremendous amount of experience.
Pros
Bucknell University will expose you to your weakest point.
Cons
Hard work is required if you want to be a true Bucknalian.
Great atmosphere
Casual work athletics (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 20, 2017
Good people, enjoy working in sport in general and you cant beat bucknell .... just being apart of a great university .... hoping to get a full time job at the university...
Productive, Laid back, flexible hours
Weight Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAApril 16, 2017
Fantastic, great environment to work in, get to work by yourself with little supervision and restrictions, can listen to music for the duration of short 1 and 15 minutes shifts, shifts go by very fast
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Inconvenient at times, not being able to see professors at their office hours
Productive Workplace that allows you to make yourself better
Teaching Assistant, Economics (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 29, 2017
Working as a Teaching Assistant provides one with constant interaction with the professor and allows for reviewing the things learned during the courses that were taken beforehand.
Teaching assistant workplace is very relaxing as there is no pressure from the professor. You are allowed to use any methods that you feel applicable to accomplishing the objectives.
Hardest part of the job is to manage time to do all the grading and help students with their inquiries.
On the other hand the thing I most enjoyed about being a Teaching Assistant is that you get to revisit all the material of the course and experience in from a different perspective.
Pros
Revisiting Material
Cons
Long Work Hours
Valuable experience.
Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAFebruary 8, 2017
Typical day at work is collecting or analyzing data for your research project depending on how far along your research is. Interaction with professionals vary amongst research positions. Some involve lots of interaction with local and regional officials, while others don't offer much exposure outside of peers and professors in the lab.
Pros
Free lunches are common.
Fun workplace
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day consisted of scanning the pool deck and setting up various pool activities. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my boss very much.
I loved my experience
Group Leader/Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PANovember 20, 2016
I enjoyed the work and the organization. It was a good experience and I learned a significant amount about empowering students to overcome challenges.