Buckner Children and Family Services Employee Reviews

Productive and focused on serving clients
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 20, 2018
Buckner has been an excellent place to work. I am very pleased with my position and work responsibilities. It is a large agency that promotes collaboration throughout the agency.
Pros
Autonomy to work independenlty with proven success
stressful work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 22, 2017
This is a highly stressful work environment that has low salaries compared to its counterparts. Management is not willing to listen to its staff when concern are brought up, which shows the lack of attention and care for their staff.
Pros
some coworkers are very warm and care for one another
Cons
low pay, high benefit costs, no advancement, poor management
Excelent work place
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 18, 2017
most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the improvements made in the kids life seeing them go up for adoption or reuniting them with family; it is also good to see the kids come back and see you and tell you what an impact you made on their lives
An overall sense of family and willingness to help others.
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJune 18, 2017
Buckner Children and Family Services is a wonderful place to work at. All the employees are committed to helping those in need from children in foster care to the elderly in retirement homes. Buckner is a faith-based organization with a drive to help their communities, a willingness to give a helping hand.
Challenging
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 11, 2017
I was employed as a contract employees in a satellite location. I worked as a GED instructor for nine months. The experience was great. I was responsible for recruitment, testing, and teaching the class. Twelve students received their GED. I was disappointed because more students should have completed. A few missed passing the test by less than ten points. Some were ready to take the test, but didn't. The frustrating part of my job was keeping the students motivated and engaged.

The manager was very supportive. She had several incentives to motivate the participates.
Day at Buckner
Intern (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXApril 3, 2017
A typical day consist of filing paperwork coming in from our foster parents. Attend staff meetings if needed. I have learned the minimum standards of foster care.
Needs improvement on having equal treatment on all employees.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2017
Enjoyed the opportunity of going on mission trips, both domestic and international. Enjoyed working with children and families.

They can improve in how employees, especially support staff is treated.
Pros
Devotionals every Monday.
Cons
Not everyone was treated equal.
Don't Apply Here!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXOctober 17, 2016
Buckner is the most awful place to work in Lufkin Texas. This is just my opinion.The management here needs to improve. You constantly have to watch what you say and do because you're constantly being watched. The moms of the Buckner program talk about you behind your back. I was highly disappointed I hope this review helps you. I loved the kids I worked with overall. My overall experience with Buckner was a lot of my coworkers don't want to be there they don't do their job they gossip about you behind your back and to be quite honest it creates a lot of hostility. And that's not a good place for kids to be. It creates a stressful environment Buckner is a Christian organization. But it needs a lot of work.
I loved working there. Wish it was an option to have stayed.
PAL/Aftercare Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXOctober 11, 2016
A wonderful work experience that lasted 10 years but I wish there had been more opportunity for advancement. I had vet good supervisors but so much turnover made it difficult to manage.
Pros
Very fulfilling
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Decent place to work whike I was there.
S.T.A.R. Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 1, 2014
Entered confidential information on clients. Pretty relaxed atmosphere. Have to be very careful what you say and do. The people were overall nice and helpfull. Not always the most professional work place.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere.
Cons
Unproffesional office environment.

Want to know more about Buckner Children and Family Services?

Ask a question
Great place to work with kids and help others in need
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJanuary 13, 2013
I work with a foster group home which consists of 6 children. I do respite work for them which consists of watching over the children, cooking for them, making sure they take their medications, making sure they are taken care of while the foster parents tend to other business outside of the home.
Pros
working with kids