Buddy's Home Furnishings Employee Reviews

Closed
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 10, 2018
My franchise sold out. The original owner was great and I loved the company but when he sold the franchise the football players that bought it didn't know what they were doing.
Cons
Interesting place to work.
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 9, 2018
I liked working there. Things were very interesting there, though. I had fun decorating the sales floor. I loved who I worked with and loved the teamwork. All was well and serene. We all made very great sales and did our best. The day is long but goes by when there's constant customers. We had the greatest time until a new manager came in to work and he was very rude and insulting. He didn't even say hello or introduced himself to me before he started making judgmental statements at all of us. Therefore, I had left.
The Land of lies!! Buddy's Furnishing Franchise is a Joke!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2018
Please stay away from this Franchise in the North Region of Florida and South Georgia!!! Is just a joke... All they want is money and they do not really care about their employees and neither their customers. This company is run in a very old fashion way!!! Everything is done by paper, and very little used of technology!!! Work life is a joke.. They want you to be there 13 to 14 hours most of the days.!!! Worst experience ever!!!
Pros
Cons
Stay away!
Very fast paced company.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Never felt organized. I felt management was never there to help. The culture was not very strong. There was not much I learned from buddy's. I did have the opportunity to provide my own culture and make customers happy.
Okay could be better.
Product Technician/Delivery Driver/ credit manager (Former Employee) –  Moncks Corner, SCSeptember 25, 2018
You could be a hard worker and be passed by for a promotion for someone with no experience. Had pick up the slack for people who wouldn’t do their job and get no recognition.
Demanding job but can be rewarding.
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 21, 2018
While it was nice to be able to help people find what they need as well as resolve any issues that may come up, it ended up being too many hours, not enough pay.
Nice place
Helper/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXSeptember 15, 2018
It was a great place to work at.i enjoyed how i was treated by other staff and managers.i would definitely like to work for company in the near future
a typicaql day at work
Credit and Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCAugust 30, 2018
I had to tracvel a lot without compensation for mileage. Other than that very good company to work for. Long hours but fair pay and positive environment.
Fun and relax while making sales
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLAugust 22, 2018
The hours are Monday-Thursday 10 am to 7 pm besides one day a week I will leave at 6 pm, on Fridays its from 8:30 am to 7 pm and then on Saturday's its 8:30 am to 5pm. I learned how to make sales on furniture how gaming systems work, the workplace culture is relaxed maybe to relaxed for some days. The hardest part of the job is to make sales when you have fly however no one come into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction of customers.
Pros
an hour lunch break
No longer a productive and inviting work environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2018
My experience with this company has been a total letdown. The indecisiveness and lack of professionalism and consideration for employees and employee families as well as customers from higher management is disturbing. This has truly become a predatory business accompanied with bad business practices. Very unfortunate and disappointing.
Pros
decent salary if you are in management
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, long hours and poor quality of life.
Overworked & Underpaid
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 18, 2018
I have never worked for a company so unorganized. Regional manager has no sympathy for anyone & only cares about making his self look good. Has a smart mouth & loves to threaten people’s job 24/7 I feel bad for the store manager because he deserves better.
Pros
Cons
No breaks other than lunch & low pay for a lot of work
Lack of training and professionalism will be their undoing
General Manager (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 13, 2018
There was no training I was just thrown into the job and if I made any type of mistake,I would get yelled at and belittled with curse words. Very unprofessional and very unscrupulous practices. Do not trust the lies.
Pros
bonuses paid monthly
Cons
lack of training and guidance
The company was good to work for!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXAugust 10, 2018
I worked at Buddy's until I found a job in management. I left to take a position closer to home as a store manager. Overall it was a good company to work for!
Pros
Good working condition
Cons
Low pay
No team player
COWORKER (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 25, 2018
Going over and beyond and is not recognized. Needs better managment. Empoyees do what ever they want to do!! Wont follow instruction and protocall!! Needs fixing.
Pros
Close to worksite
Cons
Needs improving
Buddys was not a good place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJuly 16, 2018
My experience working at Buddys was horrible. The staff was rude and there was no team work. Everybody was out for themselves and I was miserable and happy to leave.
Cons
Fun to work there with a good team
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
I always hire people that actually want to work and not your friends friends don't like working and being told what to do this is a small tight-knit community in the inside of a building that requires a lot of paying attention a lot of focus and a lot of work it's easy to tell when the work is not getting done it will always showing the numbersI
Pros
Fun place to be
Cons
Upper management, long hours, unappreciated, leaves you feeling tired and dogged out
poor work conditions
COLLECTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 29, 2018
Our store was understaffed. The company didn't care that our truck didn't work the majority of the time. They rarely let us order new product. They refused to get us more help but they wanted results
They have a lot of roaches!
Credit Manager/Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 25, 2018
This bud infested environment is a miserable place to be employed and wouldn't recommend it to anyone! Male driven with a crab attitude can't help grow the business and will continue to be in their own way
Pros
Flexibilty at work
Cons
Roaches
Not my cup of tea
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 21, 2018
Lots of physical labor and not a lot of compensation for the work you do. Job postings say you get paid holidays, not!!! You might get the day off but not an extra day off paid. Benefits are horrible, work-lif balance is a joke. Most of the time you will work 6 days a week, 8am-8pm.
Pros
You have some freedom to run your location as if it was your own
Cons
Benefits, work life balance, pay.
I will never forget...
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2018
I will never forget the moment when I went in for interview, everyone was so happy and approachable that it just felt right. When I left maybe 4 hours after I recieved a call saying when could I start. I was so excited to see what I was going to learn, but at the same time it was intimidating because everyone there had worked there for 5 years minimum and it was even better than I ever thought it was going to be. Everyone helped, no one had problems with helping me or explaining something to me. The training was long and very informative, when I got to doing the hard things it was very easy because of the training. I will never forget my experience here.