Buddy's Home Furnishings Employee Reviews

Fast paced and Competitive
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TXNovember 14, 2018
The company is a fast paced business with many opportunities to show off your skills. Your performance is displayed for all other stores in your region to see. The most difficult part of the job is being consistent under pressure. Pressure welcomed but difficult at times. While the most enjoyable part of Buddys must be the chance for bonuses and the comradeship. You begin to build amazing relationships
Pros
Bonus incentives, guaranteed overtime
Cons
Negative environment with customers
• Hire, manage, recruit and train store personnel
Sales Manager/Credit Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 7, 2018
• Hire, manage, recruit and train store personnel
• Administer payroll
• Follow up and handle customer complaints
• Monitor store performance, sales and inventory
• Handle the credit review and approval process for customers
• Manage and apply customer payments and collect on delinquent accounts
• Identify customer and supplier credit risks
• Initiate court filings on delinquent customer accounts
Pros
Good managers
Cons
Working saturdays
Buddys is a rent to own company, which by the nature is a challenging place to work. Expectations are high but realistic.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 5, 2018
There are good and bad things about working for Buddys. on the good side is the local ownership that is involved in the daily operations of the business. the focus is on achieving expectations. Changes are constant but freely explained. Unlike many other organizations the focus is on the end goal without an over abundance of policy. the problem is the business is outdated and needs an over haul in order to survive.
Never apply in Moultrie Ga Store
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAOctober 21, 2018
The General manger is very disrespectful, unprofessional, and unorganized. Lack of knowledge on how to run the store and treat employees and customers . Work environment is very unpleasant, hostile, and stressful. The assistant manager is very helpful and knows how to treat employees and customers. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there or lease anything in the store. Worst job experience in my life!!!!
Interesting place to work.
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 9, 2018
I liked working there. Things were very interesting there, though. I had fun decorating the sales floor. I loved who I worked with and loved the teamwork. All was well and serene. We all made very great sales and did our best. The day is long but goes by when there's constant customers. We had the greatest time until a new manager came in to work and he was very rude and insulting. He didn't even say hello or introduced himself to me before he started making judgmental statements at all of us. Therefore, I had left.
The Land of lies!! Buddy's Furnishing Franchise is a Joke!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2018
Please stay away from this Franchise in the North Region of Florida and South Georgia!!! Is just a joke... All they want is money and they do not really care about their employees and neither their customers. This company is run in a very old fashion way!!! Everything is done by paper, and very little used of technology!!! Work life is a joke.. They want you to be there 13 to 14 hours most of the days.!!! Worst experience ever!!!
Pros
Cons
Stay away!
Working here is better if you don't have a family to go home to.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 17, 2018
Although, I believe the company as a whole is pretty good to work for, individual supervisors can be cryptically threatening about your continued employment and ignorant of your dedication.

The set work hours are not terrible but, it is heavily implied you should be working longer and that working these extra hours (even when the store is closed) will be what makes you achieve the goals given to you.

All this aside, I've been in this business for quite awhile but, I did learn (and relearned) a lot from my coworkers.

Everything is a learning experience and I do know I've learned.
Pros
Store level employees are great to work with.
Cons
Goals are unrealistic. You are expected to make the same goals in a population of 30, 000 as you would in a population of 10 times or more.
Stagnant learning environment with low potential for short term growth
ASST. SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Central TexasOctober 12, 2018
Spent all year long hustling with lots of different responsibilities but no real potential for growth. Was hired on to be a GM trainee and was eventually forced out due to lack of growth. Horrible internal training, no work / life balance and inconsistent management ruined my desire to continue here!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Bad business practices
Fun and relax while making sales
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, FLAugust 22, 2018
The hours are Monday-Thursday 10 am to 7 pm besides one day a week I will leave at 6 pm, on Fridays its from 8:30 am to 7 pm and then on Saturday's its 8:30 am to 5pm. I learned how to make sales on furniture how gaming systems work, the workplace culture is relaxed maybe to relaxed for some days. The hardest part of the job is to make sales when you have fly however no one come into the store. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction of customers.
Pros
an hour lunch break
No longer a productive and inviting work environment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2018
My experience with this company has been a total letdown. The indecisiveness and lack of professionalism and consideration for employees and employee families as well as customers from higher management is disturbing. This has truly become a predatory business accompanied with bad business practices. Very unfortunate and disappointing.
Pros
decent salary if you are in management
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, long hours and poor quality of life.
Challenging and fun.
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincolnton, NCOctober 20, 2018
Very good company to work for as far as you’re work environment. Good entry level employees usually take a year to train. Raises are given rarely and you’re work/life balance is absolutely terrible, you are expected to live at work. If you are single with no family then this is the job for you.
Pros
Benefits, environment
Cons
Low pay, no work/life balance
Very stressful and you sometimes have do everthing by yourself
Warehouse Worker and Delivery Helper (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 30, 2018
This job is a very quick pace also very energetic very stressful sometimes you have to do everything yourself he can't rely on anyone to help you out.
Cons
There are no health insurance no dental insurance no 401K no retirement
Fun to work there with a good team
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
I always hire people that actually want to work and not your friends friends don't like working and being told what to do this is a small tight-knit community in the inside of a building that requires a lot of paying attention a lot of focus and a lot of work it's easy to tell when the work is not getting done it will always showing the numbersI
Pros
Fun place to be
Cons
Upper management, long hours, unappreciated, leaves you feeling tired and dogged out
Overworked & Underpaid
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 18, 2018
I have never worked for a company so unorganized. Regional manager has no sympathy for anyone & only cares about making his self look good. Has a smart mouth & loves to threaten people’s job 24/7 I feel bad for the store manager because he deserves better.
Pros
Cons
No breaks other than lunch & low pay for a lot of work
Lack of training and professionalism will be their undoing
General Manager (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 13, 2018
There was no training I was just thrown into the job and if I made any type of mistake,I would get yelled at and belittled with curse words. Very unprofessional and very unscrupulous practices. Do not trust the lies.
Pros
bonuses paid monthly
Cons
lack of training and guidance
Buddy’s home furnishings it’s a good place, and just had a positive attitude
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winona, MSNovember 28, 2018
Buddy’s home furnishings it’s a good place, and just have a positive attitude . Come to work on time, dress like you ready to work and give the customors a good attitude!
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Short
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 18, 2018
The store in Tallahassee Fl was not an exciting place for me to work..very STRESSFUL and very DEMANDING..promises was not being kept about bonuses...i never received my bonus while i was there
Pros
This place is a joke
Cons
Management lies
Not my cup of tea
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 21, 2018
Lots of physical labor and not a lot of compensation for the work you do. Job postings say you get paid holidays, not!!! You might get the day off but not an extra day off paid. Benefits are horrible, work-lif balance is a joke. Most of the time you will work 6 days a week, 8am-8pm.
Pros
You have some freedom to run your location as if it was your own
Cons
Benefits, work life balance, pay.
I will never forget...
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2018
I will never forget the moment when I went in for interview, everyone was so happy and approachable that it just felt right. When I left maybe 4 hours after I recieved a call saying when could I start. I was so excited to see what I was going to learn, but at the same time it was intimidating because everyone there had worked there for 5 years minimum and it was even better than I ever thought it was going to be. Everyone helped, no one had problems with helping me or explaining something to me. The training was long and very informative, when I got to doing the hard things it was very easy because of the training. I will never forget my experience here.
Very fast paced company.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Never felt organized. I felt management was never there to help. The culture was not very strong. There was not much I learned from buddy's. I did have the opportunity to provide my own culture and make customers happy.