Buddy's Home Furnishings Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Overworked & Underpaid
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 18, 2018
I have never worked for a company so unorganized. Regional manager has no sympathy for anyone & only cares about making his self look good. Has a smart mouth & loves to threaten people’s job 24/7 I feel bad for the store manager because he deserves better.
Pros
Cons
No breaks other than lunch & low pay for a lot of work
Lack of training and professionalism will be their undoing
General Manager (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 13, 2018
There was no training I was just thrown into the job and if I made any type of mistake,I would get yelled at and belittled with curse words. Very unprofessional and very unscrupulous practices. Do not trust the lies.
Pros
bonuses paid monthly
Cons
lack of training and guidance
No team player
COWORKER (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJuly 25, 2018
Going over and beyond and is not recognized. Needs better managment. Empoyees do what ever they want to do!! Wont follow instruction and protocall!! Needs fixing.
Pros
Close to worksite
Cons
Needs improving
Buddys was not a good place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJuly 16, 2018
My experience working at Buddys was horrible. The staff was rude and there was no team work. Everybody was out for themselves and I was miserable and happy to leave.
Cons
Fun to work there with a good team
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2018
I always hire people that actually want to work and not your friends friends don't like working and being told what to do this is a small tight-knit community in the inside of a building that requires a lot of paying attention a lot of focus and a lot of work it's easy to tell when the work is not getting done it will always showing the numbersI
Pros
Fun place to be
Cons
Upper management, long hours, unappreciated, leaves you feeling tired and dogged out
poor work conditions
COLLECTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 29, 2018
Our store was understaffed. The company didn't care that our truck didn't work the majority of the time. They rarely let us order new product. They refused to get us more help but they wanted results
They have a lot of roaches!
Credit Manager/Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kinston, NCJune 25, 2018
This bud infested environment is a miserable place to be employed and wouldn't recommend it to anyone! Male driven with a crab attitude can't help grow the business and will continue to be in their own way
Pros
Flexibilty at work
Cons
Roaches
Not my cup of tea
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 21, 2018
Lots of physical labor and not a lot of compensation for the work you do. Job postings say you get paid holidays, not!!! You might get the day off but not an extra day off paid. Benefits are horrible, work-lif balance is a joke. Most of the time you will work 6 days a week, 8am-8pm.
Pros
You have some freedom to run your location as if it was your own
Cons
Benefits, work life balance, pay.
I will never forget...
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 26, 2018
I will never forget the moment when I went in for interview, everyone was so happy and approachable that it just felt right. When I left maybe 4 hours after I recieved a call saying when could I start. I was so excited to see what I was going to learn, but at the same time it was intimidating because everyone there had worked there for 5 years minimum and it was even better than I ever thought it was going to be. Everyone helped, no one had problems with helping me or explaining something to me. The training was long and very informative, when I got to doing the hard things it was very easy because of the training. I will never forget my experience here.
Not good
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXMay 15, 2018
Low pay and there was no advancement. Had to work 48 hours a week for 28000 a year. I had an uncle that passed away and they became upset because i took 2 days off.
Nice place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 4, 2018
It`s a nice place work and it fun when you meet new people i learned how to do paperwork and the hardest part is going in people houses that have dogs
Deceitful, Brand Damaging, lacking in integrity, competitive to a fault
Manager (Former Employee) –  All of Washington StateApril 29, 2018
1990's Rent A Center game plan and leadership disguised as a Buddys Franchise. Doesn't conform to Buddy's national pricing, lease program, or advertising.
Released ALL confidential employee personal information. All, and only offered a 1 year Lifelock membership as remedy.
Pilfered competitor's employee's and their confidential customer lists without regard to consequences
Pros
Used car salesman's dream
Cons
lack of culture and integrity
Fun environment
Sales Representative/ Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VAApril 27, 2018
Bad schedule but greet co workers. Great opportunity for advance. Nice and understanding management. Good teamwork with co worker's and positive attitudes.
Very easy going work environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Galesburg, ILApril 15, 2018
Great place to work overall. The store is very easy going and pretty flexible on days off if given proper notice. Benefits are offered but at a steep price. Compensation was fair. Not a workplace for the squeamish, you will see houses that are poorly kept to the extent of seeing roaches and bed bugs every now and again.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Relaxed work environment
It pays well.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  York, PAApril 12, 2018
Most days can consist of at least 10 hour work day. The commitment expected from employees it was overwhelming not allowing time for family which made it the hardest part for any employee including management.
Pros
Employee Discounts, Money, Benefits.
Cons
Difficult to have time off. Long Hours. No job security.
if you like a job that doesn't advance or give raises your home
Tier 1 Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 26, 2018
this company will work you to the bone. they dont like to promote or give raises and try to overwork you. they dont care about OT because once you get done the hire ups get a bonus and you get a "hey great job". they also dont like IT we get all of the old equipment and have to justify the need for more people despite being under staffed for over 2 years. they have good benefits and are friendly just dont expect them to actually promote you or give you a raise. the things we strive for in the work place as employees.
Pros
health, dental, vision, 401k, 1 hour lunches, free food every now and then
Cons
rodents and roaches, same pay for years. no promotions.
Do not waste your time
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 17, 2018
Worked at this job got terminated for an unsatisfactory reason and didn’t receive any payment for my hours worked. Store is nasty with roaches and bugs. Don’t work in Tyler Texas buddy’s
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Might not get paid. Will terminate you for dumb reason just because they can
Inconsistent management
Credit manager (Former Employee) –  AzMarch 13, 2018
Inconsistent management, low pay, no room for advancement, no time for a life if not a manager. It's just a reason to pay your bills not a career. No benefits
Pros
Cons
Evwrything
You need to perform
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 2, 2018
It is great to get customers what they want. And being in a store long enough to watch the families grow and building relationships. I always did what is right for my customers and employees.
No work/Life balance
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Good company/ industry to make good money. However, it is very tough to get a vacation as a General Manager. They want you to commit to their family.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no work/ life balance