Buddy's Home Furnishings Employee Reviews

great work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAMarch 23, 2019
A typical day a Buddy's is fast past. Driving from city to city to deliver furniture, meeting different people everyday is great. The hardest part is when people become rude about not paying their bill, then I will have to come collect the furniture.
Pros
delivering fine furniture pieces
Cons
collecting it back
Stay away
Account Manager, Delivery Technician (Current Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYMarch 15, 2019
Management doesn’t care about you, only their task. No family in this business, they will take your time and life and then drop you. No raises, I’ve worked there for 4 years and got 2.
Pros
Lunch break
Sad
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Haines City, FLFebruary 26, 2019
Job makes you feel dirty. They target poor people who can't pay. Place has roaches from collecting merchandise from poor people who have roaches. They fire staff during slow peaks and hire for a month or so when it picks up.
Needs improvement
Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianola, MSFebruary 18, 2019
Buddys provided a very different approach to rent to own management. I have never experienced such disregard for integrity and accountability from upper level management. It was a very rude awakening.
Awesome
Customer Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAFebruary 17, 2019
Buddys is a good company to work for because they balance your time at work and your time with your family. The goals are easily attained and we are paid accordingly to our skill level.
Good
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 15, 2019
I love I love this place. Going to miss my coworkers and customers but looking forward to another opportunity
Better opportunity to my family and quality
Competitive sales business
Assistant Manager/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jasper, TexasFebruary 12, 2019
I enjoyed working at Buddy’s it was a competitive environment business. We always tried to offer customers the best possible deals on merchandise in town.
Horrible company to work for
Credit Manager/Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 4, 2019
They break alot of practices collections to be specific. No work life balance. Horrible upper management. Really doesn't believe in diversity as there are no minorities in upper management.
No Culture
Operating Partner (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLFebruary 4, 2019
Company is not investing in building culture. Could be a great company. Truly has exceptional operators. Needs to listen to franchise community on how to build a world class organization.
Pros
na
Cons
culture
Fun workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 31, 2019
Fun environment and lots of opportunities to advance. Most team members are very friendly and willing to assist when needed. Great pay. Needs to improve on work/life balance.
Worst place ever
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New symerna FloridaJanuary 13, 2019
This was the worst work experience I ever had in my life. I got no training after I was hired for a position I had no experience in. Managnent is a joke. When ever I asked a question responds was forget it I will do it. The was let go duecto not knowing my job. Yea well duh
grate company to work for
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJanuary 6, 2019
gate place to work for, like to talk to costumers and help . the hardest part of the job is when we have a mad costumer. but the best part is that the co workers treat you like family.
Work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 19, 2018
The job was fun at first but then it became stressful due to having to meet quota every week in sales and credit and it's just not worth the stress. And having to work every weekend takes time away from family.
Pros
Get an Hour lunch
Cons
Have to work every Saturday
It was fun while it lasted
Assistant Mgr in SALES OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXDecember 5, 2018
very faced paced but it was very fun , always had something to do and met a lot of people and grew close the the customers and built reliable relationships with them to help them meet their goals and meet thier needs,
Buddy’s home furnishings it’s a good place, and just had a positive attitude
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winona, MSNovember 28, 2018
Buddy’s home furnishings it’s a good place, and just have a positive attitude . Come to work on time, dress like you ready to work and give the customors a good attitude!
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Short
Small company
Delivery Technician (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLNovember 27, 2018
Being a driver for this company wasn't bad, Light work load due to being a small company. Simple showroom and warehouse work. Friendly coworkers. Lots of driving and long distance driving.
Amazing work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oak Grove, KYNovember 23, 2018
Every morning woke up looking forward to an amazing and enjoyable day at work.
Amazing work crew to be around.
Learned how to drive a box truck.
Learned more great customer service skills
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 18, 2018
The store in Tallahassee Fl was not an exciting place for me to work..very STRESSFUL and very DEMANDING..promises was not being kept about bonuses...i never received my bonus while i was there
Pros
This place is a joke
Cons
Management lies
Working here is better if you don't have a family to go home to.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 17, 2018
Although, I believe the company as a whole is pretty good to work for, individual supervisors can be cryptically threatening about your continued employment and ignorant of your dedication.

The set work hours are not terrible but, it is heavily implied you should be working longer and that working these extra hours (even when the store is closed) will be what makes you achieve the goals given to you.

All this aside, I've been in this business for quite awhile but, I did learn (and relearned) a lot from my coworkers.

Everything is a learning experience and I do know I've learned.
Pros
Store level employees are great to work with.
Cons
Goals are unrealistic. You are expected to make the same goals in a population of 30, 000 as you would in a population of 10 times or more.
Fast paced and Competitive
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TXNovember 14, 2018
The company is a fast paced business with many opportunities to show off your skills. Your performance is displayed for all other stores in your region to see. The most difficult part of the job is being consistent under pressure. Pressure welcomed but difficult at times. While the most enjoyable part of Buddys must be the chance for bonuses and the comradeship. You begin to build amazing relationships
Pros
Bonus incentives, guaranteed overtime
Cons
Negative environment with customers