Buehler's Fresh Foods Employee Reviews

Good for teenages, bad for a career
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHNovember 2, 2018
I've been with the company for 2 years and not only do they lie about offering full time but they also place blame on their employees for lack of revenue. Our most recent New hire was told that after so long you could be offered full time but at the same time refuse to offer another position. We currently have one full time line cook and the rest of us are forced to work full time hours on part time pay scale. To add insult to injury they also drastically cut your hours at the end of the year if you've worked over to save themselves money and for those of us who didn't have a choice because of there not being enough employees to cover shifts they just say owell and good luck. At least my direct manager tries to help since corporate doesn't care as long as they make money.
Pros
Local effort
Cons
Lack of support from higher ups, poor staffing
Balances well with outside schedules, but poor management
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 27, 2018
A typical day at work is quite easy, although they add work from other departments not in your job description that you will not get paid for. I learned the basics of the career of my choice, however employees (at my specific location) were hostile and management did nothing except say "move on" while the hostile employees continued with their hostility (at times, hostility was physical).
Pros
Good balance
Cons
Poor management, poor pay
Fun place to work at
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I loved being a barista at Buehler's. However, I went though 3 department managers and 2 of which made sure we knew they did not like the coffee shop and the baristas. The barista was pretty much completly ran by us baristas which made it more relaxed. You are the only one working on your shift which could be hectic in the morning, but also made it unique. I did get pregnant while I was there and while the other employees were very nice about it, I was still told I had to carry my 4 gallons of milk every night by myself, I was not allowed to sit down in my off time, and was not given any breaks of any kind. Usually the breaks and stuff didn't bother me, but when I left for maternity leave they hired a temporary replacement for me. When I came back they said that all my hours are with the replacement and that I should go find another job for the time being.
Can be stressful at times when cashiers make mistakes
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buehlers MilltownAugust 3, 2018
I have worked for Buehlers 10 years . I worked and left to raise my family . And went back . Have always enjoyed working with people .
I have advanced . And have worked in several areas . They allow for learning and growth .
Pros
Triple rewards
Cons
Work weekends
Respectable place to work
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 3, 2018
Nice employees, Always gave paid breaks, gave lunches passed 7 hours, Clean. The hardest part, at least for me, was requesting any day off in advanced because all of that online. I'm not great with computers.
Pros
you get marked down groceries
Cons
are strict with hours given
I give these snobs a big fat 0
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Coshocton County, OHJuly 4, 2018
Worst place ever don't work here
Showed up did my job.
Fired for no reason!
And the boss or should i say ssob
Is a witch!
Promised me three days to cover for co-worker.
Then take all my days away and fire me for no apparent reason. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
I will never set foot back in their store. Neither will any of my family or friends.
I loved working there
Carry Out / bakery (Former Employee) –  Dover, OHJune 13, 2018
I had so much fun working at buehlers. I miss working for buehlers it was one of the best jobs I had. Everyone one was so nice, care and wonderful to work with.
Part-time work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHMay 21, 2018
This is a good job to work while finishing high school and starting college. It had a flexible schedule that worked around both my high school schedule and then my college
Good for Students or Parttime
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 14, 2018
This job is super flexible about hours and days being worked.
If you are student or have never had a job before, this is a perfect place to start.
It's not very difficult and there's plenty of communication and flexibility.
However, pay isn't enough for a Fulltime job and not much advancement opportunities.
Pros
Flexibility, Easy work
Cons
Pay, No Advancement
Good for students, Not good compensation
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portage Lakes, OHMay 10, 2018
I worked for Buehlers for 5 years while I was in high school/ college. I was a cashier and then got moved to the bakery. The management was awful and didn't seem to care if people were stealing or calling off every shift. I think every time I went in someone was calling off. Everyone was very lazy. I was the only one that would do their job properly and only called off twice the whole time I worked there. I only got 2 pay raises and they were very small. The most I made was 9.75/hour. The bakery and deli were connected and I was eventually working in both departments. I for sure think I deserved a lot more than what I was getting paid. There was a lot of drama when I first started working there but once a certain manager got fired it was a lot better. The one good thing is that they are flexible with hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
poor management, lazy, stealing, low pay

Want to know more about Buehler's Fresh Foods?

Ask a question
Good place to start working
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 16, 2018
Buehler's was my first job. It was a good place to start. Bagging is simple and easy. The job was not too fast-paced, but the pace also depended on how busy the grocery store was.

Everyone was friendly, some customers could be a little unfriendly, but that is not something unusual.
Pros
friendly, good working environment, flexible
Cons
pay
It was a good job for me at the time.
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 21, 2018
Beuhler's was perfect for me when I was in High School, and the management was fairly flexible and willing to work with me. I would have to say that the only reason we ever had to stop working together was because of me going to school in a separate place.
Great
Caterer/cook (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 19, 2018
Great hours. Management does a great job of making sure you can balance home life and work life. Compensation could be better, but can't beat the hours.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 15, 2018
I loved this job. The management was excellent everybody was easy to get along with you worked at a fast pace and your brakes were pretty decent I would love to go back to Buehler's
Pros
Best place to work
Cons
No discounts
Empowered employees until the store closed
manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OH 44212March 2, 2018
The job itself was great. Company empowers employees to move up and make decisions. More focused now on the ACE hardware part of the company. When Brunswick closed it didn't take employees view points on where to send people and demoted from full time to part time. Not a good company anymore. Some people really needed a full time position.
Pros
empowered employees
Cons
favoritsm, took full time away from employees when store closed.
Decent place to work
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHFebruary 12, 2018
A steady place to work , raises every 730 hours, friendly work environment, fair interveiws, decent bosses and friendly customers and various regulars.
Pros
a job thats steady
Cons
n/a
Small Store friendly customers.
Grocery Bagger/Cart Retrieval (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 11, 2018
The main part of the job consisted of grocery bagging, and cart retrieval, we would greet customers and help them find product if needed, we also put away back stock at the end of the day.
Fast paced, learn to work on your own, advance your skills
Center Store Department Head, Midnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dover, OHFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoy working for Buehlers. Working midnights has one issue; if there was a serious issue or question at hand there may not be a qualified manager to answer that question. Other than that during the day you have plenty of well qualified individuals around to help the customer and or the employee. I learned and educated about receiving invoices, sensitive documents that need signed off on. Also qualified as a key holder to the store. The most enjoyable part was the company around me. The hardest part was taking on tasks that prove difficult or taking on a employee who was disgruntle. As well as if a problem arose it was my responsibility to adjust, undergo, and resolve the issue.
Pros
Benefits, stock option, paid time off
Cons
Pay increase wasn't frequent, sometimes there wasn't a member available to resolve issues
Not a Place to work.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Manger at Bakery is horrible Manger. Hours low pay worse, co- workers steal the place blind. Dirty machines. Nothing is made in house anymore everything comes in pre-made pre-frozen and not made right.
Pros
I dont Know
Cons
Horrilbe place to work
A good place to learn how to be a team player
Cashier/Personal Shopper (Current Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 23, 2018
I made a lot of really good friends. They are understanding about family emergency situations, such as kids being sick; your health; car trouble; etc.
They provide excellent on the job training and excellent customer service.
They are fairly good about recognizing when an employee or group of employees go above and beyond their roles.
Pros
triple reward points
Cons
have to be available to work evening shifts and weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buehler's Fresh Foods. Our community is ready to answer.