Buehler's Fresh Foods Employee Reviews

I give these snobs a big fat 0
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Coshocton County, OHJuly 4, 2018
Worst place ever don't work here
Showed up did my job.
Fired for no reason!
And the boss or should i say ssob
Is a witch!
Promised me three days to cover for co-worker.
Then take all my days away and fire me for no apparent reason. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
I will never set foot back in their store. Neither will any of my family or friends.
Good for Students or Parttime
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 14, 2018
This job is super flexible about hours and days being worked.
If you are student or have never had a job before, this is a perfect place to start.
It's not very difficult and there's plenty of communication and flexibility.
However, pay isn't enough for a Fulltime job and not much advancement opportunities.
Pros
Flexibility, Easy work
Cons
Pay, No Advancement
Good for students, Not good compensation
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portage Lakes, OHMay 10, 2018
I worked for Buehlers for 5 years while I was in high school/ college. I was a cashier and then got moved to the bakery. The management was awful and didn't seem to care if people were stealing or calling off every shift. I think every time I went in someone was calling off. Everyone was very lazy. I was the only one that would do their job properly and only called off twice the whole time I worked there. I only got 2 pay raises and they were very small. The most I made was 9.75/hour. The bakery and deli were connected and I was eventually working in both departments. I for sure think I deserved a lot more than what I was getting paid. There was a lot of drama when I first started working there but once a certain manager got fired it was a lot better. The one good thing is that they are flexible with hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
poor management, lazy, stealing, low pay
Good place to start working
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 16, 2018
Buehler's was my first job. It was a good place to start. Bagging is simple and easy. The job was not too fast-paced, but the pace also depended on how busy the grocery store was.

Everyone was friendly, some customers could be a little unfriendly, but that is not something unusual.
Pros
friendly, good working environment, flexible
Cons
pay
It was a good job for me at the time.
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 21, 2018
Beuhler's was perfect for me when I was in High School, and the management was fairly flexible and willing to work with me. I would have to say that the only reason we ever had to stop working together was because of me going to school in a separate place.
Great
Caterer/cook (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 19, 2018
Great hours. Management does a great job of making sure you can balance home life and work life. Compensation could be better, but can't beat the hours.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 15, 2018
I loved this job. The management was excellent everybody was easy to get along with you worked at a fast pace and your brakes were pretty decent I would love to go back to Buehler's
Pros
Best place to work
Cons
No discounts
Empowered employees until the store closed
manager (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, OH 44212March 2, 2018
The job itself was great. Company empowers employees to move up and make decisions. More focused now on the ACE hardware part of the company. When Brunswick closed it didn't take employees view points on where to send people and demoted from full time to part time. Not a good company anymore. Some people really needed a full time position.
Pros
empowered employees
Cons
favoritsm, took full time away from employees when store closed.
Decent place to work
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHFebruary 12, 2018
A steady place to work , raises every 730 hours, friendly work environment, fair interveiws, decent bosses and friendly customers and various regulars.
Pros
a job thats steady
Cons
n/a
Fast paced, learn to work on your own, advance your skills
Center Store Department Head, Midnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dover, OHFebruary 7, 2018
I enjoy working for Buehlers. Working midnights has one issue; if there was a serious issue or question at hand there may not be a qualified manager to answer that question. Other than that during the day you have plenty of well qualified individuals around to help the customer and or the employee. I learned and educated about receiving invoices, sensitive documents that need signed off on. Also qualified as a key holder to the store. The most enjoyable part was the company around me. The hardest part was taking on tasks that prove difficult or taking on a employee who was disgruntle. As well as if a problem arose it was my responsibility to adjust, undergo, and resolve the issue.
Pros
Benefits, stock option, paid time off
Cons
Pay increase wasn't frequent, sometimes there wasn't a member available to resolve issues

Want to know more about Buehler's Fresh Foods?

Ask a question
Not a Place to work.
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJanuary 27, 2018
Manger at Bakery is horrible Manger. Hours low pay worse, co- workers steal the place blind. Dirty machines. Nothing is made in house anymore everything comes in pre-made pre-frozen and not made right.
Pros
I dont Know
Cons
Horrilbe place to work
Productive and quick paced
Hostess/Salad Bar Attendent (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHJanuary 17, 2018
Set up Salad Bar and filled anything on it that needed to be filled. Sat people and got them their drinks. Every hour I would go check the Salad Bar and fill whatever needed to be filled. I also bussed tables.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of work hours
Poor management
Bakery Clerk (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 24, 2017
I would only recommend working here if you are a student in need of a little cash. It doesn't pay well and the management does not care about their employees well being. All they care about is making money.
Cashiering
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHOctober 9, 2017
I worked as a cashier at Buehler's Fresh Foods. There is a lot to learn but it comes quickly and customers understand for the most part. You work with your bagger and things usually flow easily.
Fast pace
Bagger and Utility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 5, 2017
It is a fast paced environment, you learn how to work in a team environment, and you learn leadership.Has flexible hours and management is fair to the workers.
Great working environment with great benefits
Front End Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 30, 2017
It was a great place to work and the people there were great. I had many fun hours of work and am glad that I got to experience those times with great coworkers and customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Tedious work, Long days
Pays well. Works with request.
Point of Sale Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Buehler's pays employees well for many positions. They understand employees have lives so the occasional weekend or vacation are usually given. Good starter job that can turn into career.
I loved the bakery
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHSeptember 4, 2017
I worked in the bakery my senior year and leading up until i left for Culinary Arts school. My boss was the best boss I've ever had, my co-workers were the best also. The job was really simple there wasn't anything I didn't like doing. We made sure the case was alywas full, the floor was always stocked and customers were always happy.
Good first job
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Coshocton, OHAugust 13, 2017
I'm glad this was my first job. Working in retail was a very good experience and I got to meet many flattering coworkers and customers. Though I felt the need to leave, due to the fact that I was severely under-worked here, as I prepare to finance myself through school.
Pros
Easy, Laid-back, Discounted food
Cons
Underworked
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 2, 2017
I worked there for three years while pursuing my undergraduate degree. They were flexible with my hours and I was able to gain great experience. Would recommend to college students as a part time job.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Do not promote from within

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buehler's Fresh Foods. Our community is ready to answer.