Buehler's Fresh Foods Employee Reviews

Easy job to do, but poor management
Carry Out (Former Employee) –  Dover, OHFebruary 28, 2019
The job was easy, but due to poor management hours were constantly cut and managers weren’t willing to help in anyway. Also the pay wasn’t worth all the work you’re forced to do.
great work enviroment
Dishwasher/Busser (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHFebruary 26, 2019
great work environment
friendly co workers and upper management
great hours will work with you if you dont have an open schedule coworkers can be extremely helpful if you need it they see it as a team effort
Pros
50 discount on lunch
Cons
low pay
Moced out of State
Carry Out (Former Employee) –  Orrville, OHFebruary 21, 2019
I had relocated to Pennsylvania. I miss my job at Buehlers and would do anything to work for them again. They are wonderful group of people. There was teamwork from everyone involved when I was there.
Great place for high school/college students to work part time!
FRONT-END SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJanuary 22, 2019
I worked at Buehler's for 2+ years as a cashier and front-end supervisor and had a great experience working there. The hours are flexible, and the management works with your schedule. You can ask for time off and you get paid vacation days. It's a perfect place for a full-time student to work because of the flexibility! If you work hard you can get promoted, but there isn't much room to grow. I left because of a better job opportunity.
Pros
Great management, Paid leave, Flexible hours, friendly staff
Cons
No room to grow, raises could be better for promotions
all right workplace.
bagger (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHNovember 30, 2018
coworkers were amazing! minus some managers.
loading groceries is tough and demanding physically.
couldn’t advance within the company though
usually days were very busy, especially the weekends and some evenings.
some managers are tough to work with, such as asking off for days. most of mine got flat out denied or they were promised, then they would take the days away from me and add on a few more in a row.
Pros
you know what you’re doing everyday
Cons
workplace drama/no advancement opportunities
Good for teenages, bad for a career
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Ashland, OHNovember 2, 2018
I've been with the company for 2 years and not only do they lie about offering full time but they also place blame on their employees for lack of revenue. Our most recent New hire was told that after so long you could be offered full time but at the same time refuse to offer another position. We currently have one full time line cook and the rest of us are forced to work full time hours on part time pay scale. To add insult to injury they also drastically cut your hours at the end of the year if you've worked over to save themselves money and for those of us who didn't have a choice because of there not being enough employees to cover shifts they just say owell and good luck. At least my direct manager tries to help since corporate doesn't care as long as they make money.
Pros
Local effort
Cons
Lack of support from higher ups, poor staffing
Balances well with outside schedules, but poor management
Barista/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 27, 2018
A typical day at work is quite easy, although they add work from other departments not in your job description that you will not get paid for. I learned the basics of the career of my choice, however employees (at my specific location) were hostile and management did nothing except say "move on" while the hostile employees continued with their hostility (at times, hostility was physical).
Pros
Good balance
Cons
Poor management, poor pay
Fun place to work at
Barista (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHSeptember 14, 2018
I loved being a barista at Buehler's. However, I went though 3 department managers and 2 of which made sure we knew they did not like the coffee shop and the baristas. The barista was pretty much completly ran by us baristas which made it more relaxed. You are the only one working on your shift which could be hectic in the morning, but also made it unique. I did get pregnant while I was there and while the other employees were very nice about it, I was still told I had to carry my 4 gallons of milk every night by myself, I was not allowed to sit down in my off time, and was not given any breaks of any kind. Usually the breaks and stuff didn't bother me, but when I left for maternity leave they hired a temporary replacement for me. When I came back they said that all my hours are with the replacement and that I should go find another job for the time being.
Can be stressful at times when cashiers make mistakes
Cash Office Clerk (Current Employee) –  Buehlers MilltownAugust 3, 2018
I have worked for Buehlers 10 years . I worked and left to raise my family . And went back . Have always enjoyed working with people .
I have advanced . And have worked in several areas . They allow for learning and growth .
Pros
Triple rewards
Cons
Work weekends
Respectable place to work
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 3, 2018
Nice employees, Always gave paid breaks, gave lunches passed 7 hours, Clean. The hardest part, at least for me, was requesting any day off in advanced because all of that online. I'm not great with computers.
Pros
you get marked down groceries
Cons
are strict with hours given
Worked as Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHJuly 16, 2018
The days were very long and hard. If you wanted a day off you had to fight for it. Also at the time I was in full time school and sometimes my manager would schedule my shifts when I was in school and then told me I had to find people to cover the shifts.
Pros
Many small breaks
I give these snobs a big fat 0
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Coshocton County, OHJuly 4, 2018
Worst place ever don't work here
Showed up did my job.
Fired for no reason!
And the boss or should i say ssob
Is a witch!
Promised me three days to cover for co-worker.
Then take all my days away and fire me for no apparent reason. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
I will never set foot back in their store. Neither will any of my family or friends.
I loved working there
Carry Out / bakery (Former Employee) –  Dover, OHJune 13, 2018
I had so much fun working at buehlers. I miss working for buehlers it was one of the best jobs I had. Everyone one was so nice, care and wonderful to work with.
Part-time work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHMay 21, 2018
This is a good job to work while finishing high school and starting college. It had a flexible schedule that worked around both my high school schedule and then my college
Good for Students or Parttime
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 14, 2018
This job is super flexible about hours and days being worked.
If you are student or have never had a job before, this is a perfect place to start.
It's not very difficult and there's plenty of communication and flexibility.
However, pay isn't enough for a Fulltime job and not much advancement opportunities.
Pros
Flexibility, Easy work
Cons
Pay, No Advancement
Good for students, Not good compensation
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Portage Lakes, OHMay 10, 2018
I worked for Buehlers for 5 years while I was in high school/ college. I was a cashier and then got moved to the bakery. The management was awful and didn't seem to care if people were stealing or calling off every shift. I think every time I went in someone was calling off. Everyone was very lazy. I was the only one that would do their job properly and only called off twice the whole time I worked there. I only got 2 pay raises and they were very small. The most I made was 9.75/hour. The bakery and deli were connected and I was eventually working in both departments. I for sure think I deserved a lot more than what I was getting paid. There was a lot of drama when I first started working there but once a certain manager got fired it was a lot better. The one good thing is that they are flexible with hours.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
poor management, lazy, stealing, low pay
Good place to start working
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 16, 2018
Buehler's was my first job. It was a good place to start. Bagging is simple and easy. The job was not too fast-paced, but the pace also depended on how busy the grocery store was.

Everyone was friendly, some customers could be a little unfriendly, but that is not something unusual.
Pros
friendly, good working environment, flexible
Cons
pay
It was a good job for me at the time.
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHMarch 21, 2018
Beuhler's was perfect for me when I was in High School, and the management was fairly flexible and willing to work with me. I would have to say that the only reason we ever had to stop working together was because of me going to school in a separate place.
Great
Caterer/cook (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHMarch 19, 2018
Great hours. Management does a great job of making sure you can balance home life and work life. Compensation could be better, but can't beat the hours.
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMarch 15, 2018
I loved this job. The management was excellent everybody was easy to get along with you worked at a fast pace and your brakes were pretty decent I would love to go back to Buehler's
Pros
Best place to work
Cons
No discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buehler's Fresh Foods. Our community is ready to answer.