Buffalo Exchange Employee Reviews

An Absolute Joy To Work Here
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2019
I had an incredibly positive experience working for Buffalo Exchange. My store was CA7 in Hillcrest (San Diego, CA). My interview process was a very comfortable and human connection and a quick process from interview to hire. The managers were incredible as well as the buyers, and were a very supportive community. Many of them had been there for several years. The training and resources made available to me were abundant and they offer fair career advancement and a generous benefits package and discounts for both part time and full time employees.

Buffalo Exchange gives back to the community, support locals, promotes sustainablility,and the people who work there really love what they do. It’s the best company I’ve ever worked for and I never would have left if I hadn’t needed to relocate! I would reapply in a heartbeat!
Poor experience
Floor Security Assistant/ Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30306August 21, 2019
This store is poorly ran. Management is rumored to be racist and to show favoritism amongst employees. Training was done in an insignificant manner, I felt as though I knew less about the position than when I applied. Breaks were not given as scheduled, employees who came in hours after others went on theirs first.
Petty, Immature, Demeaning & a waste of my time..
Solo Buyer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 17, 2019
I don’t requirement this job to anyone, at all.
The benefits and perks are cool, but the pay.. $14.. And that’s after getting a raise from finishing some training (which took a year; Because the managers are HORRIBLE with time management and accountability.)
Managers are petty and condescending when talking to certain employees and sadly, some customers.
The store has a bad case of Favoritism.
There’s NO security guards. The store is always getting stuff stolen. Plus, sketchy customers that are under the influence harass customers in and outside of the store.
The homeless would TRASH the outside of the store all the time, and I mean desecrate it.
Store Manager is great, just lacks confrontation skills, confidence, and being authoritative with Associate managers when needed too.
Retaliation is used almost on the daily for some employees, even made me uncomfortable at times for them. They’d embarrass/ rebuke employees in public very often. Very demeaning people.
The job itself is great! Loved working and making new friends and I’m gonna miss my regulars! But overall the cons heavily outweigh the pros. If you like being treated like dirt, go for it!
Thanks Buffalo Exchange! For legitimately letting me go.. I was stuck, and see this as a blessing in disguise. But also thanks to y’all, I had to go to therapy, and get a 3-day massage pass every month, cause I was that stressed/tense/anxious all the time at work from you crazy azz women/managers!
I get that this company takes pride in Fashion. But it’s just clothes and it’s just not worth the energy or peace of mind at
  more... all, glad I’m reclaiming it.  less
Pros
Benefits, 30% Discount (With limitations), Small bonuses, Pto, Easy Street parking, Becoming friends with the Regulars
Cons
Insensitive Managers, Occasional Crazy Customers
Workplace culture
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 8, 2019
The work place culture was amazing. I thoroughly enjoyed the different styles each of the coworkers brought to the table. It was a collaborative environment. We all grew and advanced together.
Management sucks but you learn a lot
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 24, 2019
I made the mistake of reading reviews from years ago but this place is not the same. This store has the potential to be a really great place to work but the management is terrible and has a high turnover right, maybe for a reason!! You learn a lot about fashion and trends though and can work your way up if you can suffer through the work environment
Trash don't you dare!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 3, 2019
The store manager is lazy, green, unprofessional and Narcissistic. If she doesn't like you she WILL do anything to push you out or get you terminated I've seen it happen to several people over the course of 3 months! Oh yea and HR nor the District manager cares about you if you not a store manager or higher up, whew chile the ghetto
Pros
Major Holidays Off, Consecutive off says, Shorter hours than regular retail
Cons
Everything under the son.
fashion forward
Part-time Buyer (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAJune 18, 2019
A job at Buffalo Exchange is a great job if you enjoy fashion and learning about the business side to running a store. The company is inclusive and environmentally conscious.
Pros
no dresscode
Cons
long shifts
Fun
Vendor/Floor Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 2, 2019
Going through a tremendously exciting time of growth and transformation. Great leadership, a caring and supporting community of co-workers, and a great product. Complete flexibility about where and how you work as long as you deliver. We do walk the talk--we're a Certified Great Workplace and are getting better every year.
one of the best jobs
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2019
I felt like i was living my dream everyday at buffalo exchange. playing and learning about clothes, trends and customers. So interesting to participate in the daily activities of fashion and also receive remuneration in monthly bonuses for doing a good job.
Mostly Fun
ADVANCED BUYER/KEY HOLDER (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 21, 2019
For the most part it was a fun place to work and I had a beautiful team of people that made the days fly by. It was a solid time in my work life that I wouldnt change.
Mehhh
Buyer I (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 15, 2019
The benefits are great here, but the location I work is filled with drama/childish behavior. Too many weird policies. Do way too much for such little pay
Pros
Health, dental benefits
Cons
Too many policies, unprofessional, poor management, drama
Fun workplace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 29, 2019
Possible the best job I ever had. The employees and managers are outgoing and nice! The job is quite easy to learn within a week. Everyone is friendly and the pay is good.
a roller coaster
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2019
Working at Buffalo Exchange is great, and then it's not. You learn a lot about fashion and are surrounded by amazing pieces and interesting folks and in that Buffalo Exchange is a great job; however, as an actual EMPLOYEE, it's hard. You are overworked for what you are paid for. The work-life balance is essentially nonexistent. Moving up within the company is basically a fluke -- if it happens soon, it's probably circumstantial. All in all, it's a cool environment and fast paced job, but you have to ask yourself how much of your life you want valued at the end of the day.
Fun company with clear mission and career advancement
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 14, 2019
As far as working for someone else goes, this is the best job I've ever had. Management works hard to keep this a fun, safe, open, encouraging, and forward-moving place to work, focusing on their employees as key stakeholders.

There are ample opportunities to move up in your position with the company, and they like to promote from within. Benefits are amazing. Training is fun and plenty. Lots of incentives to work hard and keep coming to work.

Overall, this is a great company to work for. They are mission-driven and employee-focused. Would highly recommend to anyone who wants an unconventional schedule, likes working hard as part of a team, and wants to feel valued as a person at work.
Pros
Company culture, benefits
Cons
Work weekends
A fun and engaging work environment
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 18, 2019
Working at Buffalo Exchange has taught me more about fashion, communication skills, and team-leading than my college degree did. It is a fast paced environment that is extremely engaging. Promotions are available to each employee if they put the effort into advancing their career. Open communication with management is encouraged!
Pros
mega discount on cool clothes! great friends! a lot of development opportunities
Cons
long hours during busy season
my groovy buffalo time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 30, 2019
my work experience buffalo was exciting fun and unique each day the company vast variety of consumer with great style, we provided and safe space for people to shop and express their fashion. Working i learned originality quality customer experience
Great networking platform for creatives
BUYER (Former Employee) –  NevadaJanuary 22, 2019
Buyers get first pick from all amazing pieces! Perks of working there is to shop for different clients.
You get to meet the most stylish people locally or tourist.
Upgrade your wardrobe , take all the most unique pieces you can ever imagine.
Fun place, it doesn’t feel like a job for a fashionista.
You have to keep yourself updated to trends, friendly, stylish, and excellent customer service.
Pay attention always for loss and prevention
Buyer
buyer expert (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJanuary 13, 2019
fun environment
good benefits for starter job
if committed can move up in the company, open book policies, not flexible with scheduling, can move up within company
Coworkers are amazing
SOLO BUYER (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 25, 2018
The best work place i have ever had in the sense of coworkers.. managers and training is something else it was never consistent. not much room to grow.
Fun place to learn about fashion
ASSOCIATE STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 5, 2018
Fun place to learn about fashion. The most fun I have ever had working. Great customers & co-workers. Amazing place to meet new people. MUST CARE ABOUT CLOTHING & FASHION TO EXCELL AT THIS JOB!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight