Buffalo Exchange Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great environment
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
I liked working here. Management was always there to help out. The hardest thing about working for the company is staying on top of the latest trends and the fashion culture. That being said the hard work was actually fun.
Upbeat, creative and fast paced environment
Lead Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2018
Buffalo Exchange is a fantastic company to work for if you enjoy fashion and expressing yourself. The company is based on the art of reselling used or gently used clothing, so the average day looks like buying in clothes from customers, exchange cash or different clothing to the customers that sold in their previously used items, to tagging bought in clothes/accessories, to setting up the store. Management for the store is very kind and understanding and also willing to work with you on a personal level.
Sucks you dry
Senior Buyer Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2018
Customers get upset with you, you and your coworkers are constantly blamed for things you didn't even know you did wrong, management doesn't have proper conflict resolution strategies, pay is peanuts, and hours are either never enough or too much. What else can I say. Get me out of here
Pros
Cute clothes
Cons
Short breaks, immature coworkers, awful pay
Highly enjoyable, Productive and intense
Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 12, 2018
At Buffalo Exchange you meet the MOST interesting people with the brightest personality. It can be a highly intense environment to work in so you have to be fast paced. There's a lot of work to be done, so you never get bored. Work smart so you won't burn out. Build professional relationships with your managers and they will push you far.
Pros
bonuses, holiday parties insurance
Cons
short breaks
Fun
Buyer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2018
Pretty chill environment but when the store gets busy you have to be on top of your game. Little to no rules on dress code. Your free to express yourself through style.
Fun place to work, little work life balance
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, NYJuly 11, 2018
Buffalo exchange gives plenty of room to grow and promote from within, however there is little work life balance and even your days off are frequently planned for you with buffalo meetings/training sessions/etc.
Koolaid drinking is recommended
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 9, 2018
As far as “company culture” goes, Buffalo is pretty chilled out but if you want to advance at all it’s recommended you go full force and be “part of the herd.”
Frustrating place to work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 26, 2018
At first, I really enjoyed working at buffalo because the job culture is fun. There was a shared love of clothes and fashion amongst employees that made it fun. However, the process to advance with the company was impossible and there wasn't much advancement encouragement. I felt discouraged to want to move up the ladder. Management was difficult, which could have just been my specific location, but there wasn't much encouragement in general, but a lot of tearing down under the guise of "constructive criticism".
Fun, fast-paced workplace
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJune 21, 2018
Buffalo Exchange is a fun place to work where you also learn a lot about fashion and current trends/styles. There is room for growth and different levels of Buyer positions, and each promotion comes with a slight raise in pay. However, it can get a little hectic and there has been a lack of communication recently with the managers and employees. My favorite part of the job is working with people I enjoy being around and learning everyday about brands and fashion. There is always a learning moment and if you have a passion for fashion, this job would be a good experience for you. The hardest part of the job is how overwhelmed you can get with the amount of sellers and shoppers but if you are able to work well in that type of environment then its not so bad. You just need to be able to keep customers and sellers well informed and be around for anything they need help with. The main problem that I have experienced during my time as an employee here, is management has gone downhill. Lack of communicating which leads to problems in the store.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, learning.
Cons
Low pay for the position, in my opinion. Lack of communication.
Supportive Coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 7, 2018
Management was difficult to deal with at times, but I enjoyed my time working there. Coworkers were great and we all got along. If you love fashion, I highly recommend working here.
New experience
Assistant (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMay 31, 2018
If your passion is clothing retail, fashion and customer service a great job. There are some perks with employment and meeting a lot of new people. An interesting experience.
Amazing Staff, Thats about it
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2018
The company is very liberal, and slow paced. Advancement was rare and the pay was very little. They were not very hands on with training and the management team was too concerned about keeping their job to help the others.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
A lot
Poorly Run
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Allston, MAMay 17, 2018
I worked at Buffalo Exchange for just under a year and was continuously underwhelmed with the organization and over all experience there. It involved a lot of 'at home' work that we were not compensated for at all.
Amazing environment to learn Business Literacy - Pay and hours for management needs to improve
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 28, 2018
Love the autonomy and creativity, opportunities for staff development, and the benefits and culture are generally good. The pay, particularly for middle management is not fairly compensated for the amount of work put in.
Corporate structure disguised as a mom & pop
Professional Buyer (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CAApril 9, 2018
I would only recommend this as a part time job. The job culture suggests a relaxed environment, but its very easy to get written up and they use a points system to determine whether or not you get fired- regardless of your actual job performance. It's very easy for a vindictive manager to write you up for any thing. They let me go the day before I was eligible for a holiday bonus.
There is also a lack of cohesion in their buying policies. It basically depends on what the manager working will sell.
Pros
access to cool clothes
Cons
inconsistent hours unfair punishment system
Cliques
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 15, 2018
I worked as a cashier there. It was my duty to help out with customers in the check out line, take care of the floor, and help customers find clothes. Management was quite poor at times and there staff had a tendency to be stand-offish.
Pros
Lively and energetic work environment
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Very Fun and Creative
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAMarch 8, 2018
Was an avid shopper at Buffalo Exchange since I was a kid. Needed a part-time job in college and applied. Worked there for less than year. Loved the creative element. Very structured work environment. Learned many things about the business itself. Became educated with fashion merchandising, fashion culture, trends, vintage, etc. It's a great place to grow: slowly but surely. I left because I had an opportunity abroad. Would recommend for creative, nonstressful, part-time job to make new friends, get cute clothes, and learn something new.
Pros
green company, and makes yearly donations
Cons
standing at all times
Great place!
Cashier/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 7, 2018
One of my favorite retail jobs to date. Very laid back atmosphere with fun and loving staff and customers. Made some amazing friends and enjoyed the fast paced lifestyle.
Lively and interesting
Buyer 1 (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2018
Every person that works there come from all walks of life with such passion for the company. Also offered are "Token for bags" which is in support of local charities in Nevada. Such an eclectic atmosphere, good vibes and super fun!
Pros
Community activities like mini "run way shows" to promote the stores culture
Fun job, hard to work there for too long.
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZFebruary 28, 2018
If you enjoy clothes, you will enjoy working at
Buffalo Exchange, but it usually comes to a plateau. When I was working, we had one manager that was not good to many employees who has recently been let go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight