Buffalo Medical Group Employee Reviews

All management cares about is money
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 24, 2018
They have no regard whatsoever for the employees. In the three months that I was there 3 people quit without any notice and now I know why because Buffalo Medical Group will let you go with no notice and no explanation at any moment. They have severe inconsistencies in their policies that are supposedly corporate-wide but in the billing office the regulations and policies are depending on which manager you're in with and even some of the top people don't follow policy such as dress code. In addition, they pay you very low for doing the work of two people and some of the things they have you doing are not your job description and should be in a higher pay tier. Such as having Office Clerks doing Medicaid billing which is a billing job, not an office clerk job.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with in my department
Cons
No job security, very low pay, bad management
horrible worst place to work
Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 9, 2018
worst place to work. unprofessional, they have managers that done even know their own position but then is suppose help the team and new people. they hire people that don't come back from a break or lunch and plays favorite with certain people
Pros
Cons
everything
Good Crew
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  295 Essjay, WMMay 6, 2018
Busy, most co-workers are nice, great boss, hardest part is that it is closing, most enjoyable is that I am allowed to be a self starter.
The phones are very busy, however I always manage to get them answered in a timely fashion.
Pros
healthcare and dental, plus IRA
Cons
payscale
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 10, 2018
A typical day at work we all worked together as a team. I learned that we helped each other. The culture was patient centered. The hardest part of my job was having to leave to upgrade my job level.

The most enjoyable was the hard work I performed.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Healthcare
good place to work
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 6, 2018
good place to work, in the histology lab. Stat lab is less appealing, manager is now retiring so stat lab may become better area to work in. Current dermpath lab is a great place to work in, lab staff is excellent
n/a
Cardiac Device RN (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 12, 2018
a typical day at this job was terrible. I learned nothing. management was terrible. workplace was stressful. there were no enjoyable parts of the job.
love my coworkers, however management doesnt know how to be leaders
MEDICAL CLAIMS REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMarch 8, 2018
Management in my office is not qualified for their jobs. Getting an answer or a supervisor to make a decision is like pulling teeth. There is favoritism and only chosen people have to follow rules and regulations.The drive is too far for me. Coworkers are for the most part a great group to work with and the reason I am still here.
Pros
fun coworkers
Cons
Managment doesnt even know the names of half the employees, no compassion for employees, The doctors are great but management is terrible.
Management is horrible, they treat their emoloyee’s like a number, not people.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 1, 2018
Buffalo medical group might as well be called buffalo money grabbers, because money is all that they actually care about. Operations, or so called “Management” are dishonest, rude and lack compassion and fairness. No one cares about anyone, the only thing they actually care about is bringing in the money, and winning awards. They will over work you, take your vacation time, and not to mention, the pay is horrible. Most of the doctors are wonderful to work for, however, they have zero say. “Operations” is what controls the group, what they say goes. Which is bizarre because I’m not sure if they even have any experience what so ever in health care and human decency. I cannot wait for the day I can finally leave here.
Pros
Wonderful doctors and patients
Cons
Management, poor health benefits, list is endless
Great opportunity, If you are just graduating.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 2, 2018
Great multi disciplinary practice. You have the chance to move around in gained great experience work with lots of doctors that are on the leading in Western New York. Management is fair.
Pros
Paid holidays
Cons
Not much Room for advancement
It wasn't to bad
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Job is a Job- you work, do what you have to do and Go about your day!! it was nice to see that they were involved in the community- like dog adoptions, walks for cures, and Bill's Friday.
But then it was mandatory meetings, then were not really thought out and waste of time- when they could of sent a Meme, Dinners were delicious.
Other than Great employers, the Doctor's were Great.
Would Like to work for them again.
Pros
great group of people to work with
Cons
didn;t like to Float around
amazing place to work
Imaging Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  295 Essjay Road WIllaimsville NYJanuary 3, 2018
Buffalo Medical Group is a family oriented company that strives to advance its dedicated staff. Great input and direction from leadership. Wonderful staff to collaborate with.
Pros
great team approve
Cons
Na
Good place to work with benefits
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 1, 2018
Arrived at work about 9am. Would checkin, then assign patients to medical rooms. Would take vitals, preform EKGs, and review patient medical history including the medicine. At end of day would clean up office space and clean patient rooms.
fast paced
Medical Records/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  295 Essjay road Williamsville nyNovember 5, 2017
I worked in medical records that was always busy, you learn how to manage your time and work well with others and help out when needed. it was hard to leave but I left for newer adventures
Pros
hours and days
Cons
no break room
Fast paced busy medical facility
Lab Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 29, 2017
I started out as a receptionist checking in well over 100 patients a day. there are multiple girls.Schedule includes average 800-900 patients a day. Very stressful. I have since moved to one of the labs preparing specimens, and I love it. The only reason I believe I would leave would be for better pay and benefits. The doctor's I work for now are awesome.
Pros
Work hours
Cons
Pay could be a little better, benefits are deductible plan
A good place for short term goals
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 19, 2017
The day is usually over busy. I have learned a lot work here for 11 years. Management is unprofessional and clicks with certain employees. If you are not a part of that circle there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Good place to start off your career but ot a good place to stay long term
Cons
Low pay, porr managment.
Needs an overhaul
WC/NF Medical Billing Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221October 15, 2017
My time there was disappointing from the very start. I was told that I would be working with a team of experts for no fault and workers comp, seeing that they had over 300 physicians and thousands of patients. After 1 week of working there, I found out I was the only one working the No Fault and WC accounts.
I gave it one year to improve and each day got worse and worse.
Pros
The posting department is a awesome bunch of women!
Cons
Management and billing needs an overhaul.
Okay place to work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYOctober 4, 2017
Not a lot of Job growth. Work the job of 3 people and get paid little to no money for it. They cut back overtime so you cannot count on that money. Very poor raises
in the field I worked in, there was much improvement needed from supervisor & co-workers.
costodian (Former Employee) –  325 EssjayAugust 28, 2017
Did not like that the entire custodial staff was sent to Buffalo for a one hour " yearly group meeting"... just to tell us our jobs were being outsourced / job elimination due to the position was no longer ''cost effective'' for Buffalo Medical Group. They could have handled it better ! Totally went against their moto # treating people well ! I was devastated, and the HR was extremely cold to the fact, completely emotionless, comparable to a robot.
Pros
good benifit package
Cons
working conditons & conserns not handled properly.
Professional
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST/ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYAugust 23, 2017
My day was very busy from checking in patient to doing vitals to setting up procedure instruments to charting to checking people out.

I learned a lot about minor procedures.

Management was fair.

Culture was fast paced.

Hardest part was seeing sick people.

Most enjoyable part was working with people.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
N/a
fun place to work!
Certified Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJuly 12, 2017
I learned a lot working here and always a great upbeat environment. management was easy to work with. flexible hours and availability to pick up shifts when needed