Buffalo News

Buffalo News Employee Reviews

Been working for over a year and half straight. It's by contract so you have to work everyday or you don't get paid. Majority of my customers don't know me and they have petty complaints that are mostly false and the company doesn't really care about it's Carriers. The only pros are I don't have a boss standing over me and I only work part time for full time compensation.
Pros
The money
Cons
No days off. Request month in advance
Nobody cares anymore, news print media is dead. After hearing and seeing this every day for the rest of your life (7 days a week, no vacation, no sick days, no holidays, no excuses ie. car broke, weather, my significant other just crashed and has been life flighted "to bad, go finish your route") youll realize this to be true from top to bottom at this company. This is only the tip of the iceberg of stories i could tell. They should all rot in heck for the things they have said and done including trying to make someone under mandatory quarantine for coronavirus go out and deliver and spread it to all the mainly elderly customers. Yeah, that happened too!
No thanks to the buffalo news. The worst place ever to work. I worked 365 days a year. If you take a day off you get fired. I never missed ,was never late. The buffalo news stole lots of money from my check that I can never get back. If anything having that job set me back a couple years financially
Cons
Buffalo News did not have advancement after starting in the warehouse on the Assembly line. For 2 and a half years I went through alot of pain in my feet working in their cemented warehouse. I repeatedly spoke to the Supervisor regarding working in their offices to apply my Administration Degree skills. They never allowed me to work in their office environment.
Need something all you had to do was call someone.easy to get along with everyone and get along with co workers. Made customer happy with delivery. Good work environment
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
Strict time sensitive deadlines must be met nightly. Meeting the deadline conditions on time gives a strong feeling of accomplishment. Seeing your efforts in print edition of newspaper is rewarding.
This was the worst place I have ever worked. There is mis managed leadership. They do not care one bit about their employees. The place is old and falling apart. I was so glad I got out when I could.
The focus of this aging company is it's digital product which lacks direction and relevancy. Not only does the digital product lack relevant content, it lacks content in general, with some journalistic focus on what they think is best for you, not the choices consumers want. There is some management and executive staff that believe they know what is best, instead of seeking out those with long tenure and knowledge. Ideas are most often thrown into a drawer. Family and friends continues to provide direction into a brick wall with a culture of have and have-not.
Cons
The pride has been scraped away
Competitive pay.great tips,work short hours for verry very good money. Only thing is there is no time off the job you have to pay someone a train them to do your job
Cons
It all depends with whom you work with. Far as seniority is concerned i am not going to say good or bad. Other than that the work is not hard just repetitive.
Pros
Job is not really hard.
Cons
Not done fairly
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Buffalo News?
Mailroom helpers beware. You will work unreasonable hours and be scheduled for any and all shifts, day and night. Not a suitable place to work for someone attending school or who has a family. Also, not a good fit for someone with a religious convictions or morals. Consider a different department or company all together. Best of luck!
Pros
Health Insurance
Cons
No raises
Good money but No days off, No sick time... You gotta work every night no excuses. Anyone who can handle that are some of the hardest workers I've met.
Pros
Work only 25 hrs. a week and checks are from $250-350 depending on customers you have at that time
Cons
Work every night 7 days a week. If you miss a paper comes out your check
No longer for me, but it was employment while i went back to school, very difficult hour's, had to deliver the papers weekly by 6 AM, no days off not even holidays. Its ok at best but it not for me anymore
Pros
Only a few hours a day
Cons
No days off
People not in my department we’re great people. In my department I was bullied, belittled and embarrassed in front of my peers. Working 7.5 hours a day was a bonus. If you voiced your opinion on a issue you were shut down immediately. Managers and above are two faced. Lie to your face and then deny it. Always were threatened that you can cause a union grievance. Print media is a dying medium. Ad revenue is down. Web site is a joke compared to other newspapers web sites.
Pros
Lunch on premise
Cons
Good place to work if you do not want to retire. However, will need to supplement income with another employment opportunity. The company is unionized and raises are few. There is no forced retirement so an employee does not have to worry about age discrimination as with certain jobs. Young and seniors work together in a warehouse setting. Fast paced. Will stand for long periods of time but will have to have an ability to learn and perform other tasks.
Pros
Employees very friendly
Cons
Slow elevator
It a job for those who don't mind getting up before 6 am . Those that like being their own boss.those that don't mind running through vechiles.it is very high demand that you are on time and making sure you don't miss delivering the papers.
Pros
Christmas tips
Cons
You don't get time off
Delivering the buffalo news daily - Monday-Sunday to customers at their designated location. Doing this service for the Buffalo News is a consistent job
Pros
no comments
Cons
no comments
The truck was not always on time even though the papers had to be delivered by 7 am. I liked to work for myself when i was delivering. I liked to work with different people.
Pros
I liked working by myself
Cons
I didn't like the fact we could be fined for a late paper
This job was working midnights, 365 days a year, outside, in all kinds of weather. I enjoyed delivering the paper, and the money was good, but I needed a break from the midnight shift. The District Managers were not much help. I rarely saw them, and they didn't always return calls, and get me the supplies that I needed on time. The truck bringing the papers to Lockport was often late. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great tips I received from customers, and the compliments from them.
Pros
Made great money, and great tips.
Cons
365 days a year, midnights.
Fast paced Circulation Department. Incoming calls high during snow storms or when there may have been an issue with the presses, however when all was taken care of everyone received their papers it was rewarding to know that you assisted someone.
A joy to work there ,good place to learn new things. Room for upgrades .just a joy all around to work and learn new things to help employees to get to do different things.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Medical
  1. Employee Reviews