Buffalo News

Working at Buffalo News: 30 Reviews

United States30 reviews

jobworkdaygoodpaydeliverpaperyear

Decent job for the income.

Been working for over a year and half straight. It's by contract so you have to work everyday or you don't get paid. Majority of my customers don't know me and they have petty complaints that are mostly false and the company doesn't really care about it's Carriers. The only pros are I don't have a boss standing over me and I only work part time for full time compensation.

Pros

The money

Cons

No days off. Request month in advance

You get sick they don't care!

After 26 years and 2 months this company couldn't care less about you. You are just a #!I had an emergency c-section and was told to hurry back or I could lose my job. I drummed up over 400 new customers in less than a year and they took half of them away from me because my rate was too high for them to pay me for 400 customers! I took a $673 a week cut in pay after all the hard work of getting these new customers. This company just doesn't care about you.

Buffalo News insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

used to be a great place.not anymore

all about the bottom these days at the news.they forced out long time dealers with absurd demands.but lets make sure the ceos line their pockets.disgusting

They don't care

Nobody cares anymore, news print media is dead. After hearing and seeing this every day for the rest of your life (7 days a week, no vacation, no sick days, no holidays, no excuses ie. car broke, weather, my significant other just crashed and has been life flighted "to bad, go finish your route") youll realize this to be true from top to bottom at this company. This is only the tip of the iceberg of stories i could tell. They should all rot in heck for the things they have said and done including trying to make someone under mandatory quarantine for coronavirus go out and deliver and spread it to all the mainly elderly customers. Yeah, that happened too!

The buffalo news is a terrible work environment

No thanks to the buffalo news. The worst place ever to work. I worked 365 days a year. If you take a day off you get fired. I never missed ,was never late. The buffalo news stole lots of money from my check that I can never get back. If anything having that job set me back a couple years financially

Cons

Feet hurt whole work shift which is why I put in my 2week notice.

Buffalo News did not have advancement after starting in the warehouse on the Assembly line. For 2 and a half years I went through alot of pain in my feet working in their cemented warehouse. I repeatedly spoke to the Supervisor regarding working in their offices to apply my Administration Degree skills. They never allowed me to work in their office environment.

Work with good managemen

Need something all you had to do was call someone.easy to get along with everyone and get along with co workers. Made customer happy with delivery. Good work environment

Production of daily newspaper

Strict time sensitive deadlines must be met nightly. Meeting the deadline conditions on time gives a strong feeling of accomplishment. Seeing your efforts in print edition of newspaper is rewarding.

Worst Job I ever had

This was the worst place I have ever worked. There is mis managed leadership. They do not care one bit about their employees. The place is old and falling apart. I was so glad I got out when I could.

Questionable focus

The focus of this aging company is it's digital product which lacks direction and relevancy. Not only does the digital product lack relevant content, it lacks content in general, with some journalistic focus on what they think is best for you, not the choices consumers want. There is some management and executive staff that believe they know what is best, instead of seeking out those with long tenure and knowledge. Ideas are most often thrown into a drawer. Family and friends continues to provide direction into a brick wall with a culture of have and have-not.

Cons

The pride has been scraped away

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Buffalo News?

Fun work place

Competitive pay.great tips,work short hours for verry very good money. Only thing is there is no time off the job you have to pay someone a train them to do your job

work review

It all depends with whom you work with. Far as seniority is concerned i am not going to say good or bad. Other than that the work is not hard just repetitive.

Pros

Job is not really hard.

Cons

Not done fairly

Terrible place to work

Mailroom helpers beware. You will work unreasonable hours and be scheduled for any and all shifts, day and night. Not a suitable place to work for someone attending school or who has a family. Also, not a good fit for someone with a religious convictions or morals. Consider a different department or company all together. Best of luck!

Pros

Health Insurance

Cons

No raises

Honest Hardwork

Good money but No days off, No sick time... You gotta work every night no excuses. Anyone who can handle that are some of the hardest workers I've met.

Pros

Work only 25 hrs. a week and checks are from $250-350 depending on customers you have at that time

Cons

Work every night 7 days a week. If you miss a paper comes out your check

Typical warehouse environment

No longer for me, but it was employment while i went back to school, very difficult hour's, had to deliver the papers weekly by 6 AM, no days off not even holidays. Its ok at best but it not for me anymore

Pros

Only a few hours a day

Cons

No days off

Print Media is dying.

People not in my department we’re great people. In my department I was bullied, belittled and embarrassed in front of my peers. Working 7.5 hours a day was a bonus. If you voiced your opinion on a issue you were shut down immediately. Managers and above are two faced. Lie to your face and then deny it. Always were threatened that you can cause a union grievance. Print media is a dying medium. Ad revenue is down. Web site is a joke compared to other newspapers web sites.

Pros

Lunch on premise

Cons

Great place if you enjoy working in a team setting

Good place to work if you do not want to retire. However, will need to supplement income with another employment opportunity. The company is unionized and raises are few. There is no forced retirement so an employee does not have to worry about age discrimination as with certain jobs. Young and seniors work together in a warehouse setting. Fast paced. Will stand for long periods of time but will have to have an ability to learn and perform other tasks.

Pros

Employees very friendly

Cons

Slow elevator

It is rough on the vechiles

It a job for those who don't mind getting up before 6 am . Those that like being their own boss.those that don't mind running through vechiles.it is very high demand that you are on time and making sure you don't miss delivering the papers.

Pros

Christmas tips

Cons

You don't get time off

Every Day Delivery

Delivering the buffalo news daily - Monday-Sunday to customers at their designated location. Doing this service for the Buffalo News is a consistent job

Pros

no comments

Cons

no comments

Efficient Nightly operation, worked with many different people

The truck was not always on time even though the papers had to be delivered by 7 am. I liked to work for myself when i was delivering. I liked to work with different people.

Pros

I liked working by myself

Cons

I didn't like the fact we could be fined for a late paper

The Buffalo News

This job was working midnights, 365 days a year, outside, in all kinds of weather. I enjoyed delivering the paper, and the money was good, but I needed a break from the midnight shift. The District Managers were not much help. I rarely saw them, and they didn't always return calls, and get me the supplies that I needed on time. The truck bringing the papers to Lockport was often late. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great tips I received from customers, and the compliments from them.

Pros

Made great money, and great tips.

Cons

365 days a year, midnights.

Common questions about Buffalo News

Answered by current and former employees at Buffalo News

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo News. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits