BUFFALO ROCK COMPANY Employee Reviews

Thank goodness I found another job and left that place
Human Resource Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 12, 2019
I worked like a Hebrew slave the little time I was there at corporate in human resources with no resources! I was there almost seven days a week trying to catch up on work that was all on me (No support from Management at all) I left and found another job and moved back home for a better paying and better environment. They were mad when I told them that I was leaving and they tried to intimidate me with the things that they said to me. This company is over 100 years old, and these so-called smart people that run the company with no common sense and treat their employees as if it is 1900. The benefits aren't all that and to be honest with you is too high for anyone's salary. I couldn't afford it. Whoever get the job that I had, God bless them because I highly doubt he or she will stay long. They will work them like a slave, and he or she will find out all the dirt that they are doing over there and leave just like I did. Fortunately for me, I have my own business on the side and came to Birmingham with money in the bank so leaving wasn't a big deal for me. I was in a better place than most there because I had no bills or responsibilities. So, of course, some of the people that worked there didn't like that. I picked up and left with no regrets and got a better job. They really hated the fact that I had other irons in the fire and didn't need them. The entire HR department is low down dirty people that will see their dirt again one day. And the head of that department, well, lets just say how in the world can that person sleep at night? Anything negative you read about this  more... company is true. Don't let those folks in HR sell you a pipe dream because all they want to do is work you to death for pennies! While they receive bonuses and you don't get any money or recognition. They didn't tell me that they received bonuses from my work. Yet, I was the one that did all the work. They have a convoluted way of thinking, and they think that the people that work in the plant are beneath them. The company is a "us verses them" mentality. The only reason why some of those folks are there for 30 plus years is still there is that they have gone alone with the foolishness of that company and the people that own it for years. They have no other resources or skills to leave! They have no sense of integrity. Don't get caught up in the unctuousness of that company. Find yourself another job and run the other way! I have been in human resources for almost 15 years and never in my life have I ever seen a company ran the way they run it. This is not how real manufacturing facilities are ran. This is the worst example of one. Don't let this company change your mind in being in manufacturing because it's unreal. And if you don't believe me, just read the comments! everyone is not lying!. They will tell you the same thing! I have no reason to lie to you. The proof is in the pudding! Find work somewhere else.  less
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
its too many to list just find another place to work
Not a family environment
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 25, 2019
Poor managment in Warehouse lunch or break if you can find someone to cover you or they tell you to take it when you get off 10-12 hours into your shift no advancement unless your a pet. Certain employee's are running the warehouse not the Managers verysmall fans no air flow hot in the summer and freezing cold in the winter
Just Dont
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Tuscumbia, ALJuly 16, 2019
Just don't work here.. It's bad.. It's REAL bad.. management is weak minded and very rarely take responsibility for their mistakes. If they mess up, you pay the price. Tons of turnover because they simply don't know how to run a business.
Over all company sucks.
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 12, 2019
If you're not in the click chances are when something goes wrong your in trouble. Management only worries about their pay and not you as an employee. Birmingham where the corporate office is really needs to look into this problem. That's why the turnover rate is so high. Until certain people are weeded out the company will continue to suck.
They do not take responsibilty for their actions
DSM (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 11, 2019
I have to agree with the other post about the "Good Ole Boy System". That is exactly how they operate in Pensacola. Management is very unethical, you will get blamed for things that you didn't do and others know this, but will not stand up for you. They drive company vehicles DRUNK, Buffalo Rock needs to revamp the vehicle policy that they not be used for personal use. They have no idea the liability there employees put on them by driving after drinking. If management does not like you, they will find away to get rid of you, especially if you know too much about what they do! You will find the "Clique" always out with one another drinking and carrying on, driving company vehicles.
Pros
You knew which managers to party with
Cons
lack of pay, Unethical Managers
Awesome
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 3, 2019
I enjoyed my time being employed with Buffalo Rock I had a great supervisor's I was paid weekly. Drinks was on discounted for employees onsite, great work environment.
Good Company, Horrible People
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  BirminghamJune 19, 2019
This company has excellent benefits and truly is set up to be a very good place to work. Unfortunately all the people who made BR good, are all old, in the office, and ready to retire. The supervisors currently out in the field are lazy, lying, manipulative snakes. If youre lips arent glued to their rear ends and you dont act in awe of thier greatness, you wont go anywhere. They are involved in schemes that encourage sales guys to over order, and it falls on the lowly merchandiser, who is usually some kid, to find a place to hide the overstock. If you complain or point it out, youll find youre way to the door. They are gouging walmart with this scheme for millions. I was trained by an idiot who loved to talk sports while i busted my tail working. And his boss lied to me with every bresth he took. Horrible people to work with. Id flip burgers before id sweat and slave for these lying scoundrels.
Working in the warehouse
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJune 5, 2019
They pay is under minimum wage they have us working over hours they lied about our pay at the beginning an I’m just looking for a new Job and a better environment to work
Pros
Cons
Health Issues
Productive workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 25, 2019
It was a overall good paying job and I enjoyed working there over the summer . The environment is really good and the people there are really nice and work really hard .
Pros
Go home when you are done
Cons
Sometimes the tail gates in the truck don’t work
Worst place ever!!!
Warehouse Support- Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 14, 2019
Bad management. Long hours & not a place for anyone to work!! I wouldn't recommend this place to nobody. Managers getting women fired for not going out with them!! Guys getting fired after decades of working there for real reason at all & no one in management says anything. A really bad place.
work hard
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oxmoor, ALApril 17, 2019
I enjoyed working a Buffalorock.. i was a good work experience . I learned how to operate a fork lift and data inter ..The management was alright..its a peoples person place to work if u want to do and learn diffrent things.. the hardest part was learning how to operate the forklift..i always look forward of going to work everyday..
Company sucks
Account Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLApril 9, 2019
Please do not come here your looking for a career management lie about money saying they can’t adjust the pay but they really can they pay the yes man
Cons
I wouldnt advise you to work there unless managment changes
Yard Dog Hostler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL 35209March 28, 2019
If you're a Truck Driver or a Yard Hostler Managers are never around to help they leave you out to do your own thing if your not caught up or short a man,The training sucks they throw you to the wolves before your ready and expect you to keep up
Pros
It started out good until you learn their full of it
Cons
Break Room is in one room with two bathrooms, so if some one does number two you have to sit there and smell it or git up.
Decent pay for the region at the time
Production Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 21, 2019
Spent 13 years there, made a lot of friends, learned a lot of new skills. The job was extremely high stress but manageable. Alternating shifts were unpleasant but you cant have everything.
Pros
all the pop you can drink
Cons
high stress situations
Productive and good place to work
Delivery Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 9, 2019
Enjoyed working for Pepsi but wanted a better opportunity at coke with better pay and better benefits. A good place to work tho. Just wanted a better opportunity.
Over Work No Pay
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 5, 2019
This job have lack of training. Pays no money and a stressful job. Can't believe it's even legal to be over worked with such little pay. Communication is lacking between management and employees.
Pros
Get off early
Cons
No good training
quickpased and stressful
Inventory Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALMarch 1, 2019
You have an assignment given to you at the beginning of your shift, and are encouraged to get it done within 8hr shift. The management is horrible, a big reason I left. The position operations manager was filled 3 times. Coordinator was always in training. No one really knows how do to their job. The hardest part of the job would be the base line pickers. No air conditioning, shift hours suck. Most of the time if someone called out you were stuck doing your job and someones else's, sometimes for 14 hours straight.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
everything else
Wonderful
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 1, 2019
Wonderful place to work..everyone was treated with respect and fairly..wasn't there long enough to complain. Great place to work..greatbhours, pay was ok..vacation time or time off i didn't work there long enough for all the benefits to explore..buy overall great place to work no complaints.
Decent Job
Area Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 18, 2019
Good job to get started in sales. Because of the high turn over there is plenty of opportunith to advance to a certain level. There is a ceiling as far as being promoted from within.
Very unorganized work enviornment
Buffalo Rock Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Homewood, ALFebruary 13, 2019
Since i had worked for another company similar to buffalo rock, there isnt much i learned here. The best part of the job is that it wasnt as stressful as the past merchandising job i had had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BUFFALO ROCK COMPANY. Our community is ready to answer.