Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Reviews

Found 8,005 reviews matching the search See all 8,126 reviews
Worked my tail off
Buffalo Wild Wings Server (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAFebruary 17, 2019
I busted my butt there for 2 years and they fired me for being sick and having a doctors excuse and was treated very low while working there and used no agnowledgement of good behaviors only mistakes for every employee
Pros
The guests and co workers
Cons
Hours
stressful environment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXFebruary 17, 2019
a lot of arguing with management and servers. A lot of drug relation as well as after work meetings. a lot of improvement needed on both management and server side.
Pros
15 min brakes.
Cons
low discounts
Lots if sports to watch
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 16, 2019
At BWW I learned how to be a good server, they provide the tools and training and the rest it is up to you. I work at a corporate store. There, you have to wear strictly what they give you. It is a good experience if you are starting.
Was an okay play to work for a while
Hospo/Server (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZFebruary 16, 2019
The job was enjoyable and the customers were great. Has bad mamagement with poor policies that are out of date with current standards. The hospatality workers are undervalued tremendously and treated poorly.
Pros
Good customers, good coworkers, easy work
Cons
Bad mamagement, not enough hours
Fun and fast paced!
Cashier/Greeter (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHFebruary 16, 2019
Super chill and laid back. Hospitality position is great for high schoolers who need a part time job. Management is really nice but knows what needs done. Always made sure the night was running smoothly and always helped where they were needed.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Nice place to work, mean coworkers
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 16, 2019
I worked for Buffalo Wild Wings for 2 years. It was a good paying job, great customers, management was okay, depends on who’s working. Most of the employees are not the nicest though, if they don’t like you, they will spread rumors about you.
Pros
25% off if you aren’t working, 50% off if you are working
Cons
Short breaks, poor employees, ok management
Benefits could be better
Wing Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAFebruary 15, 2019
I love working for BWW. The job encourages that I bring my own unique personality to the job. Daily shift involves a lot of teamwork and communication. I’ve learned to empower myself to do the right thing and management supports me by allowing me to do what I think is right. Great core values, and integrity is a held at a high standard with this company.
Pros
Discounts, Fun Atmosphere, Fast-paced, Great Core Values
Cons
Benefits, Pay
The best job ever
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 15, 2019
I really enjoyed working for this company. I worked at the 2nd ont in my area when they were beginning to build and assisted opening every store in my region. The training the staffing , employee appreciation and leadership was all above the bar. The food was great and customer service friendly and genuine.
Pros
Excellent growth potential
Cons
Unidentified
productive but overwhelming
Cashier/Host (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 15, 2019
lazy coworkers exist, hosts bust tables but getting nothing for doing so, can't do much if there's a rush and people can be inconsiderate both customer and coworker. Decent for hours working they'll give it if you ask for it.
Buffalo Wild Wings
Waitress/Lead Waitress (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Clean environment. The managers are quick to actually yell at you but are not willing to help when you get busy. The home/work life is not good. Hesitant to work with you on schedules and taking time off when needed.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 14, 2019
It was a good place to start out in the restaurant field. Definitely have to be on your toes with all the business they get. I learn how to prepare fresh foods and make good quality foods for customers.
Exciting place to work if you can challenge yourself.
Server Wing Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 14, 2019
The challenging part is finding the balance of staying calm simultaneously exerting yourself with a sense of urgency. I loved working here because they allowed my personality to shine through.
Pros
Great management
Cons
The limit on how many hours an employee can work 😘
Always stressed out
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2019
You never know what you are walking into when you get to work. The managers are not qualified to run a restaurant. Poor decision making is highly tolerated and allowed to slide as to keep from having to terminate anyone. Even below par employees.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
poorly managed
Fast paced, fun environment but as usual: quality depends on your management
Cashier/Expeditor/Host (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 14, 2019
I only worked at my BWW for 4 months and I've had a lot of fun during that time period and made decent money ($9/hr plus tips when I had cashier shifts) for this kind of job. Most of my coworkers were fun people to be around, however standards and training were hugely lacking.

The entirety of my issues with BWW's really comes down to poor management. I should preface this by saying I've had prior management experience and lot of leadership development. Don't get me wrong, I had some great shift leaders, but two of the main managers were some of worst leadership I've ever seen. Slacking on the job, allowing employee abuse by customers (friends of manager), verbally demeaning employees (Often for things that are the fault of the manager) and poor training. The people that do their job well and correctly and truly care to make the business function well aren't rewarded for their efforts. Instead it was mostly the good ol' boy club where favorites were allowed to do what they wanted and others had to suck it up.

If I had to continue in this job, I could suck it up as it's better pay than a lot of "basic" jobs around, but I could find and get a far better job so why bother? Get it together managers.
Pros
Better than minimum wage, fun and fast-paced, mostly relaxed environment
Cons
Toxic management, being great at your job isn't rewarded or recognized as well as it should be
Fun work place
Host (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 14, 2019
Buffalo Wild Wings was a fun place to work that allowed me to thrive because of my personality. I was able to talk with a lot of different people all while being surrounded by sports. I learned how to deal with customers in a professional manner and answer any questions they might have. The management was great, they really focused on making sure everything was going smoothly and everyone was happy. The culture was great considering it's a sport oriented restaurant so it was very lively. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to talk to people with many different backgrounds and being able to watch and talk sports while working.
Pros
Co-workers, sports oriented
Good Pay and Flexible Hours
server (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 14, 2019
This was a great job while I was going through college. I made really good money and was able to work the shifts that suited me best. I made a lot of friends there as well.
Good place to work young people
Server (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MSFebruary 13, 2019
Fun and fast paced environment where you have the opportunity to make great friends and serve interesting people. The company seems to always change up the menu and employee attire and sometimes it seems as if there is no brand identity.
Fun place to work at
Server - Trainer (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 13, 2019
The Visalia location in California is one of the best. Managers are very compassionate towards employees needs. There is ways to grow in the company. You learn a lot about different beers and how it is made. Employees are motivated to work as a team.
Enjoyed the coworkers I work with. Very fast paced and stressful at times. Management needs improvement
Allstar Wct, Shift manager, Bartender (Current Employee) –  Greencastle, INFebruary 13, 2019
Not much room for advancement. They offered me management several times but it was a cut in pay compared to what I was making as a bartender. Management talked down to servers and were not very professional in the way they treat them. No matter how long you work you do not get but a quick smoke break (5 minutes) a few times during your shift.
Pros
Good tips when busy
Cons
No breaks. No place to sit on breaks.
n/a
Server (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAFebruary 12, 2019
idk there was no money to be made on it so I didn't feel the need to sray any longer why iwould someone stay in a place they are not content in and that cant pay the bills as well,

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Wild Wings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.5K
32.1K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight