Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Reviews

Found 7,654 reviews matching the search See all 7,769 reviews
My Experience
Heart of House (Current Employee) –  Elk River, MNDecember 11, 2018
It's a good place to work, but definitely lots to learn. You need to be able to work quick on your feet to be able to catch up to all of the demands in the restaurant. I feel like you need to come in with a positive attitude because lots of the employees are honestly negative. Overall, it is a good experience and good start into the job world.
Pros
Nice and reasonable managers, Free meals, 30 min breaks
Cons
Negative atmosphere, mixed up orders
Prep Cook and truck unloading (Current Employee) –  Covington, LADecember 11, 2018
It’s a fun productive place to if you like dealing with food services if you and can work at a fast pace and work through stress and aggravation then this is a okay place to work
Pros
Half off food
Cons
No lunches
Awful
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MIDecember 10, 2018
Worst place I’ve ever worked. Fired bc I was retaliated against. Had issues w the same manager who fired me, addressed w him. Addressed w him and district manager together. Still no resolution. Called corporate and never recieved a call back. Had to take an anonymous survey and stated the manager was a problem. And was fired for “violating company policy” on camera when the manager on duty that shift told me to do what I did. And told the manager who fired me he had asked me to do it.
High paced, highly customizable menu
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 10, 2018
Great place to work for nearby college students, high volume, exciting environment. Turn over rate extremely high, always taking applications. Friendly work environment.
Buffalo Wild Wings
Server (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALDecember 10, 2018
I miss working here. It was the best job i ever had. Looking for something similar. Long shifts great atmosphere. I had regulars who visited every week.
server
Server (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVDecember 10, 2018
greeted clients. took orders and place the orders with the kitchen. filled drinks. gave orders to customers. Cleaned tables. help other servers when they were behind
Stressful if your new to serving
Server (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 10, 2018
Stressful if your new to serving jobs. Everyone was leaving at a rapid pace or being overworked due to being short staffed was not fun. Even as part time I was working upwards of 40 hours
fun kitchen workplace with great coworkers
Kitchen Team Member (Current Employee) –  New Philadelphia, OHDecember 10, 2018
the place to start out at if you want to become a future cook, restaurant owner, or buisness worker. Many tough skills will be taught throught the work day and many friends will be made
Pros
new people, friends, food industry
Cons
no benefits, only breaks if minor or smokes.
Fun
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 10, 2018
Very Fun, Fast Paced, Exciting place to work . Even if you aren't the biggest sports person when the fans go wild its contagious you get hype an as excited as they are. The team members are usually all full of excitement an ready to have a great day full of sales, lots of tips, an loads of fun while working.
Pros
The Bdubs Family
Cons
Short hours
Fun workplace but management is awful.
Shift Leader/non-salary manager (Former Employee) –  Mason, OH 45040December 10, 2018
The day to day operations dealing with customers and fellow employees were fine but the requirement of management was unfair and not justly rewarded. Unfair pay scales based on age not work ethic. There was a lot of favoritism when it came to shifts or needing to cover a shift.
Pros
Great staff, Free meals for management staff.
Cons
Unfair work requirements.
Poor work environment
Host (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CADecember 9, 2018
Regular are allowed to touch the servers and when servers bring it to managerment they do nothing about it. Tons of unwanted advances among Staff members GM has district manger on speed dial for the most minute incidences Making him un trustworthy to talk to about personal situations without getting in trouble. New “shift mangers” are rude unapproachable and unwelcoming.
ok
Head Chef/Management (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 9, 2018
prep in the morning prep in the afternoon. cleaning the back dock . cooking ... inventory..... outs to be done...... talk to the managers... lastly debrief.
Pros
flexible
didnt like working there
COOK (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CADecember 9, 2018
Didn't enjoy it because, i worked there for 2 years with no raises and found out they were paying new employees more. Id always ask but still never payed me more like i often asked.
Pros
free food
Cons
bad pay
Mostly fun, but can be stressful at times. Great job for young people who need a flexible work schedule.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 8, 2018
Buffalo Wild Wings has been a great place to work. The money I make there is enough to sustain myself, my two children, and our household. It is a fun and laid back place to work for the most part. At times it can be stressful, but you will find that is the same with any job. Overall Buffalo Wild Wings has been great to me. When I wanted to moved from florida back to michigan, all it took was a phone call from my manager in Florida, to the manager at the store here in Muskegon, and I had a job as soon as I got the Michigan. The only reason that I am wanting to find a different job is because the hours are getting in the way of times when I need to be with my kids!
Relaxed and fast-paced under one roof
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNDecember 8, 2018
The management team is awesome and I enjoy our customers. But they pay doesn’t meet my needs and I need benefits as well. Good part time job, hard career pass.
Pros
Discounts, friendly coworkers
Cons
Pay, healthcare, advancement
Inappropriate Managerial Behavior
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Oxnard, CADecember 7, 2018
3 times while I was using the restroom which doubled as the locker room for the girls, I had the Kitchen Manager walk by and attempt to open the restroom door to show the other employees how to get people to exit the restroom quickly, the restroom was often used by employees to "kill time" and be on their phones. I was always relieved I never forgot to lock the door. This same manager was always abusively yelling at the cooking staff. As far as the other managers go, preference was delegated to employees whom they had already built a rapport with, and there is nothing wrong with this, but it was an issue when issues came about involving the employees they are friends with.
Fast paced and friendly environment.
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CADecember 6, 2018
Productive and cool environment but can be hectic at times. The management is pretty lenient. The only thing I dislike is how you're never off on the time it says you should be off.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
short staff
mostly fun place to work
Shift Lead/Manger (Current Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHDecember 6, 2018
If everyone pulls their part its a great place to work!
Management Definitely tries their hardest to work with everyone and make it a great place to work.
Typical Serving Job
Server (Former Employee) –  Milford, OHDecember 6, 2018
As with most serving jobs it's very hit or miss. Hours are flexible, staff was friendly and easy to work with. However hours are not set, you never know how long you'll be there
Very fun to work, meet great people
Server (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KY 40601December 6, 2018
If you want quick east money Buffalo Wild Wings is the place to work. I would only recommend for a part-time job. You will have great tip days and then of course the bad days.
Pros
Free lunch, relax times
Cons
Over working often

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Wild Wings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Buffalo Wild Wings.

Powered by Comparably