Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Reviews

Found 7,041 reviews matching the search See all 7,144 reviews
Sports Bar
SERVER (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKAugust 18, 2018
It was a good environment for making money especially on fight nights and game days. The management was good until they all left to do something better.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
almost everything
Not a good atmosphere
Shaun garbowski (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAAugust 18, 2018
The management here is always yelling at cooks,managers fight with each other and ther is no comunacation,also the employees are on drugs all the time or drunk. Buffalo wild wings is a terrible stressful inviorment.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
No breaks
Productive, fast-paced and full of amazing people!
Cook (Current Employee) –  Bel Air, MDAugust 18, 2018
Buffalo Wild Wings is a great place to work if you enjoy being around people and sports! The culture is very fast, especially when it is busy. It can be stressful at times due to the nature of the business. Overall I enjoyed my time there and working with such great people.
buffalo wild wings
It is my pleasure to give great customer service (Current Employee) –  cary stAugust 18, 2018
It was a job when I needed one but it does not pay enough to pay bills.
a typical day at work take orders make sure the customer is satisfied with what he or she ordered. Make suggestions to the customer about specials get there meals out to them hot and ready to eat.
Pros
ok
Cons
not enough pay
Its hard to work for a place that you don't like their food
Server (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, ILAugust 17, 2018
My coworkers were nice, but the managers weren't the best. This place is very corporate based, which is not always a bad thing. While working there I felt like I was walking on eggshells making sure I didn't mess up because the big guys were always watching and would call you out on things
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
management
bad management
Server (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHAugust 16, 2018
so i worked there for a year and had taken a week off for spring break and after i got back they continued to not schedule me for the next 6 weeks and when i asked why i was told it was a mistake. I tried to pick up 25 shifts in a matter of 2 weeks and only got approved for 3. theres far too much side work and server responsibility
Stressful
Cook, Wings Certified Trainer (Current Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 16, 2018
It takes a little time to become accustomed to the fast-paced environment. There is not much room for mistakes during your shift or co-workers become upset.
Fun employees to work with but poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2018
The manager cheryl in tucson literally was on facebook or outside smoking or yelling at people instead of helping her employees! The job is fast paced and be sure to work nights and not get tips and ne on your feet all day and take a shower right after work. The ceo or owner lived out of state so had no idea of how it worked there.
Fast-paced, fun environment to work in
Server (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNAugust 16, 2018
The culture at bdubs is awesome. If you are a people-person, you will do well. The customers are usually easy-going because it is a sports bar and working during games is the best. Great place to work.
Its the food industary
Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 16, 2018
Great place to work. managerment was fair. prolly the best place to serve in the springs. i made great tips about 150-200 a day. Great people and environment
Pros
half off food
Cons
strict upselling
Very productive
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 16, 2018
I liked the position that I was doing and the employees I was so good I’ve learned so much position I thought that i will never thought of doing something be so easy
Pros
Pay rate flexible hours
Cons
Closing
Will not go back
Server (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAAugust 16, 2018
I worked at "Bdubs" the summer before I left for college to earn a little extra cash, which is exactly what happened. I'm not sure if It was just simply the crowd or the area, but tips were not really ever very high. People never tipped what they should and one group of teenagers I would occasionally get would leave salt all over the receipts because they thought it was funny. The managers were pretty awful and you could tell who their favorites were. If you weren't a favorite, like me, you would get stuck doing almost everything the favorite should be doing. they loved pushing things off on to others and would make you stay extremely late, way past closing. I would consider working at a different location, but I would not go back to this location unless they hired all new management.
Pros
Discounted food
Decent Job
Host (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYAugust 16, 2018
You’re on your feet most of the time and you don’t really get breaks unless you work long enough but you’re never scheduled long enough for one. The pay isn’t amazing either
Pros
Discounted Food
Cons
Bad Pay
Fun workplace with a great staff
Server (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 16, 2018
If I ever moved back to my hometown I would definitely return to my old BWW. I was there for six years and during that time I was supported and allowed to advance. They provide a fun environment and a focus on productivity. I enjoyed the time that I spent there and would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys the restaurant business.
Pros
Fun culture, strong management team
Cons
Poor benefits.
Enjoyable majority of the time
FOH (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILAugust 16, 2018
It’s a fun work environment when we’re slow, but when we’re really busy things can get very chaotic and one of the managers is not to good under pressure.
Pros
Good discounts
Cons
No breaks unless on a double
Fun laid back
Mananger (Current Employee) –  Adrian, MIAugust 16, 2018
I started there when the Adrian location first opened. I started as a server then after a year moved to to management. I could not as for a better company to work for.
Pros
Community involvement
lots of hours
Server (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, OKAugust 15, 2018
management and staff are good. pay is alright as long as you are a strong server. hours are long- close is 1:30am. summer time has little business. can work with college schedule.
High intensity workplace
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WIAugust 15, 2018
I learned to manage time and communicate with my co-workers. The hardest part of the day was managing many costumers at one time, and working with unhappy costumers.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Short morning shifts
Terrible store to work at, just this one though
Cook (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARAugust 15, 2018
The Buffalo Wild Wings store that I worked at is owned and operated very poorly. The company heads hired a racially biased person that ran the store by playing favorites. If the GM didn't like someone based off of there personality and not just on the job work ethic he wouldn't advance you and try to fire you for anything that your blamed for.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay, work load balance, managment
Fun but doesn’t pay enough
Server Associate (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, ARAugust 15, 2018
The overall atmosphere at b-dubs is great and you can make a lot of money if your location permits it, however the standard rate of pay is very low and you will have to rely on tips if your not in kitchen staff. Management is generally good.
Pros
Fun and loud
Cons
Poor pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Wild Wings. Our community is ready to answer.

52K
42.2K
31.9K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight