Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 863 reviews matching the search See all 8,290 reviews
Fun Work Environment
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MNMarch 20, 2019
Typical restaurant work. However no benefits for employees unless in a salary position. Management was organized and quick to address concerns. Only reason I am no longer employed is because I moved out of the area.
Only the Strong Survive
Certified Trainer, Bartender, Server (Current Employee) –  Crystal City, VAMarch 18, 2019
Working for the company has most definitely exhausting. Its why I titled this "only the strong survive". This is not for the week, for complainers and for people who want the "dream hours" and "dream tips". You have to work at least a 12hr shift to make anywhere near $200. We run our own food, drinks, others food and drinks (especially if your working with lazy servers), bus our own tables..and again, your only taking home $200 if you've worked a double. You will be sore. You will be aching and you just might cry.
Pros
You "might" make some money
Cons
Physically and Mentally draining
Very fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMarch 17, 2019
I loved working here. Would still be employed here if I didn’t have to move south for a few months. It was very fast paced but the managers made sure that things ran smoothly and we all worked as a team
Its what you make it
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMarch 17, 2019
Very busy place fun work environment management is very sneaky. Get in with the elite workers and management and you will be fine. I dont know what else they want me to say.... U serve chicken. And pray for a tip
Pros
Eat all the mess ups
Cons
Burnt out fast
Love the new management.
Bar-Back (Former Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSMarch 11, 2019
Old management struggled, and there was a very dry point. I enjoyed working in the bar with the bar tenders as they were very nice and cheerful, even on bad nights. I enjoyed making people laugh and working hard and fast with my duties behind the bar, anything to ease their hardship.

Management always was able to give a hand when needed and enjoyed doing so.
Pros
Free food for each shift at least once
Cons
No insurance
Great place for wings and sports, plus alot of different beers.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 6, 2019
You have your slow days and busy ones too. Management is good and the work place is fun all around a good place to work for extra money. Sometimes the job is stressful nights and days on special events.of sporting games. But if you are on your rind and on top of your skills of service you will make great tips..
Awesome
Server/Bartender/Trainer/Cook (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMarch 4, 2019
I love this place. The people I work with are incredible. The food is delicious. The drinks are great and there are plenty to choose from. Management knows what they are doing.
Managment had very little restaurant knoweledge
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOMarch 3, 2019
I worked for this complany For 4 years, I thank them for what little experience they were able to offer me. I met some amazing people, just not a business for advancement or culture.
Cons
No real benefit or acknowledgment
It was a fun and easy
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 2, 2019
I learned how to work in a fast-paced environment here. Definitely a good place to start your restaurant experience. Its a hit or mist depending on if you work at a store with good management or not. If you love sports and wings, its perfect for you.
fun work environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 2, 2019
It was a very fun and energetic environment to work at and the food is amazing. buffalo wild wings take customer satisfaction very seriously. the management was a little unorganized.
Very small minded work environment.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYMarch 2, 2019
Hated the management system. Some were hands on, but most had a lot of favoritism so no advancements were possible, or an equal share. Wont ever work for ghis company again!
Stressful Job with a rude and cheap clientelle. Management is unsupportive and rude.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAFebruary 28, 2019
This job is not worth it. I regularly worked 10 hour shifts with no break. They give the servers too many tables. The management is unhelpful. The clientelle regularly gets drunk and rowdy and are frequently rude. I DO NOT recommend this workplace.
Pros
A lot of hours
Cons
Terrible management
Poor
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Poor poor poor poor poor poor poor poor poor. There’s a lot a walk outs no tips from a bunch of kids and there is poor poor quality of clientele. Managers are like children if they’re mad they’re very petty
Fun work environment
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Washington, MIFebruary 25, 2019
I enjoy working at buffalo wild wings. They have worked with me with my school schedule and work schedule very well. The only reason I am looking for something else is to pertain to my degree.
Awesome
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVFebruary 21, 2019
As a server I was treated great made good money and a lot of friends. Bdubs was probably the best restaurant I've ever worked at. Great environment and a great team.
Fun fast paced
Trainer, Bartender, Server (Former Employee) –  Mount Hope, WVFebruary 21, 2019
Worked there for a year had the excitement of working there always are to pick up shifts and the money was good for the area around there was a to get to k ow some regulars that e enjoyed my service and always asked for me the atmosphere there is little stressful at times depending on the crew that was working at one time or another the management was outgoing to work with people when life interacted with schedules
Pros
Discounts in food items
fun and productive workplace
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, MAFebruary 20, 2019
A typical day of Buffalo Wild Wings is preparing the bar to be open for the day and maintaining a clean work environment. Interacting with guest through out the entire shift and building relationships with regulars as well as making sure each guest is taken care of and satisfied with their visit. Delivering food and beverages in a timely manner as well as making sure the guest has everything they need. Also being a part of a team with servers, bartenders, and hosts through out shift by helping each other out when needed and also creating a fun environment for everyone!
Was solid for the first few years and then the decline
Bartender Trainer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CA 91351February 20, 2019
It's gotten to the point where were just trying to survive all the cuts. They have a ton of corporate rules which is fair but when you're getting hit with massive volume and one of your priorities is a jigger well then I don't know what to tell you. The kitchen is a revolving door which causes ticket times of 40 minutes with food thats already half cooked. Maybe its just the store that I worked at but I don't think you can reverse the damage of the reputation of that store. Best of luck looking for the next chapter of my life. Don't even get me started about HR.
Pros
Met a lot of cool people, pretty flexible with my school schedule, health care option but only if full time.
Cons
50% food, restrictions on everything.
Decently fun work environment
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Wauwatosa, WIFebruary 20, 2019
I liked working there because I did tend to have fun with you my coworkers. One of the difficulties was handling certain customers. I had became good at it but there was always going to be that one struggle. Overall I didn't mind working there.
Fast-paced, fun working environment
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CAFebruary 19, 2019
I have been with the company since the SLO store opened in 2014 and it has been a great experience. I have met so many people and learned so many things from the people I work with and the managers I have worked under.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Wild Wings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.3K
42.6K
32.2K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight