Buffalo Wild Wings Employee Reviews for Bartender

Found 802 reviews matching the search See all 7,963 reviews
Fun atmosphere
BARTENDER (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 15, 2019
I was offered a job at Buffalo Wild Wings during the summer before my sophomore year of college. I have grown to love the staff and have learned a lot about serving and bartending. I want to move up but there is no room for growth at this time.
Pros
Good money
Decent
Hostess, Server, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 15, 2019
As a college student, I needed to get a job to be able to afford a social life. At BWW, you basically have no social life because they do not understand that there is studying, homework & LIFE involved in being a college student. If you called out to study for midterms or finals, you would get screamed at.
Perfect starter job
Bartender/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 14, 2019
BWW was my first serving job and I will forever be grateful for everything they taught me. They boosted my work ethic a lot and showed me that hard work pays off quickly. However, the company was sold to an investment company and we began to not get as busy as when I started out there. I relocated jobs in hopes on better pay and it worked out. But I would recommend this job to anyone wanting to be a server. Easy menu to remember as pretty lax job for a begginer.
bww
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Portage, INJanuary 14, 2019
bww was a place where if you loved sports that was your job .making people feel like they are home with all the sports .keeping them go with there fuel (beer).
Pros
great sports
Cons
management can approve
Completely misleading
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Ashtabula, OHJanuary 11, 2019
Saw the ad on indeed for an assistant manager position, $14-16 an hr. Came in under the belief that I was being interviewed for the opportunity at that position having worked at multiple bdubs locations over the years. Instead I was offered a cooking position with the possibility of advancement after 90 days with a pay rate of $10.50 an hr with biweekly pay. She also said if I hadn’t advanced within 6 months that they’d be willing to cross train. That was by far the most misleading interview I’ve ever had.
Limited only by your ability
Server/Trainer/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas N. Durango( Montecito location)January 11, 2019
Great place to work. Team oriented and based on performance not seniority. I would recommend to anyone whether looking as extra income or full time. I supported a family of 5 with my salary comfortably.
Pros
Fun
Great to work for
BAR TENDER/SERVER/TRAINER (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJanuary 10, 2019
This company was great to work for. The business was busy and fast paced which is great when you're working for tips. Management and co-workers where always happy to help when needed.
Pros
Fast Paced, Fun Environment, Great guests
Cons
Stressful
If you are young and drink the regional managers kool aid, you are golden.
Manager, Head Server & Bar Tender (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHJanuary 10, 2019
I was demoted as a manager because I was too empathetic and outspoken. I wouldn’t do illegal things that were asked. My father was sick and in the hospital, dying, and they made me stay 12 hours that day. He passed away the next day and I was fired. I worked my way up from server to manager in 10 months and I was a very good manager. Stay away from this store and company. They do not care about anyone but themselves.
Pros
Free food for managers
It’s a cool place to work the customers are what makes it fun!
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 10, 2019
I like my job but I just don’t see myself here forever I want to advance in life I want something new ! Any where I go I know I’ll fit in and become good at what I do I’m away a looking forward to learning new things and new trades !
Fun atmosphere and productive management team
Bartender and Server (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I have stayed with the company for 4 years. I have never had problems with mangers in the past. Times would get rough during busy times and we can have many difficult customers in one day. Everyone seems to get along and work well together. The managers handle everything very professionally, too. I used to be full time making good money, however, now that I am only part time I am not making as much. I think it’s time for me to leave to try something else and I would like a full time position somewhere else.
Pros
Good enviremont, great management team and awesome coworkers
Cons
The people at this location can get very mean and the students get crazy sometimes causing chaos
high pace fun place
Bartender-Server (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZJanuary 5, 2019
time goes by fast as your always busy.
I learned the menu and have to assist peoples needs,
management was always there to help
would get stressful sometimes as it got so busy but always worked through it.
always had great co workers to help when needed
Pros
discounted food
Cons
no sick pay or paid vacation time
Poor management
Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNJanuary 2, 2019
All I have to say about it. We got a new manager and she decided to higher all of her old friends from her old job and started to target all the employees and management there.
Friendly and exciting place
"Bartender" (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHDecember 29, 2018
Come in, stock my bar area, clean if I had down time, learned new things everyday. Management was good but lacked communication a bit. The culture was amazing, there always was great sports and fun in the atmosphere. Hardest part of the job was dealing with huge crowds but that was also the most enjoyable part.
loved it
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 27, 2018
Loved being apart oof the team at BW3. Had great experience wwith the managers and staff. Customers were great and overall really enjoyed my job. Would love to work again for them
Great and fun place to work
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILDecember 27, 2018
I love working there it was fun and on game days and ufc days u make so much and your tip out at the end of the night was low so u made a lot of u were nice and timely
Just wasn't a fit
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oakwood, GADecember 26, 2018
I had to relocate because i was still trying to get back in school. The money was not consistent for me to be able to live in that area comfortably. My co-workers are made the days great.
Pros
25% off food
Cons
Hours
Fast paced sports bar.
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VADecember 17, 2018
I typically worked closing shifts either in the kitchen, as a server or bartender. I would show up between 4-5pm at my scheduled time, stock for my shift and stay very busy serving guests till we closed at 2pm. Then i would clean up and reset the restaurant for business the following day. I learned how to work in a busy and fun work environment while maintaining responsible alcohol service. Management worked closely with the rest of the staff to provide a returning clientele with fantastic service. Keeping up with sports was a big part of the job, arguably the hardest part but rewarding. One of the most enjoable aspects of working here was getting to meet so many travelling and out of town business people and share in their experience.
Typical corporate food chain work
Bartender/Lead Server Trainer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 17, 2018
I enjoyed my customers very much as they made going to work a lot easier to deal with than management. There isn't a lot of advancement or any benefits, but if you're good at your job you can make a decent wage.
management sucks
Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MODecember 16, 2018
a great opportunity to make good money for part time job while still in school. management is bad. amazing culture. fast paced and a lot of opportunity for growth
Eat, wings, drink, sports.
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 13, 2018
Great serving place to work at with the fast turnover rate.
Fun sports environment with fun bar atmosphere and family resturant at the same time. Delicious food with great selection of alcohol and beers. Often gets to packed for sporting events.
Pros
Free food occasionally, discounts.
Cons
Poor management and favoritism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buffalo Wild Wings. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K
42.5K
32.1K

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight