Bulldog Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Pay is awful
MSR/Teller (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDMay 25, 2019
Minimum training. Glad I had training prior too or I would have been out of luck. I came into the cu with 7 plus years of training and was paid less than what I was making previously. No sales which is nice and team was great to work with. Raises were minimal. I was in the same dollar range for the 3 years I was there. They will not pay overtime.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable place to work
Bank Teller MSR1 (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 21, 2018
I loved working here other than the pay and benefits. Fun job with working with the public. And challenging . Would work here again if pay increase. Great credit union for members
Pros
Membership for life
Cons
Pay
Under Paid and Over Worked
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 20, 2016
Substantially under Staffed and Most employees are under Paid as compared to the average of its peers. Completely lacking in Management and Directionless. Massively top heavy and Floating in Red ink. Most office buildings are over sized and in the wrong location and don’t bring in enough loans to pay for their operations. Completely lacking in the practice of Good Governance, Best Business Practices and Due Diligence. Desperately needs an Intelligent, Coherent Business Strategy that current management is unable to provide. Completely lacking in most of the basic needs of a Credit Union.
Pros
Cons
Endless to many to list
Decent job but little opportunity for advancement
Consumer Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJanuary 10, 2016
Decent job but little opportunity for advancement, being a small credit union. Close knit groups but occasional micro-managing from various levels of management that would seem excessive.
Pros
Pleasant co-workers, variety of experiences day to day
Cons
Compensation is low compared to other financial institutions in the area
Over worked and under paid.
Member Service Representative IV and Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDOctober 29, 2015
Not enough staff; does not want to pay overtime to those willing to work extra hours. Policies are not consistent at branches.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bulldog Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5