Buncombe County Government Employee Reviews

Buncombe County Goverment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  77 McDowell Street, Asheville, N.C. 28801May 8, 2018
I enjoy interacting with people and to be able to assist in everyday operations with working at the Buncombe County Board of Elections. It was an exciting job. I worked as a Administrative Assistance to the Absentee Ballot department and i loved it. My Manager was wonderful and very courteous and professional, i was blessed to have had such a wonderful experience.
Pros
Everyone in the office interacted well with each other and we worked as a team
Cons
the assignment was through a staffing agency and it didn't last long., I was looking for a mor permanent postion with them
Hard work
Social Worker III (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 5, 2018
Hard work and 75 percent paperwork, lots of good people and not a lot of over sight for staff- everyone is burned out and under trained, including supervisors who have a limited scope of management as well as the job
I loved working for Buncombe County Government. I would love to work for them again.
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Swannanoa, NCAugust 2, 2017
A typical day at work was taking care of children, and providing a safe and loving place where they could learn and grow. The atmosphere where I worked was a wonderful family feel. I guess the hardest part of the job were some of the challenges that could arise with some children. However, working with the children, and my coworkers, was the most enjoyable part.
Pros
The children, my coworkers, Buncombe County Government was good at taking care of employees
Cons
Unfortunately, our center had to be sold to another agency
Great job !
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCMarch 25, 2017
Love working here busy 911 system great Medical Director with a love for Ems. Very progressive in protocols and skills! Great pay and benefit also state retirement !
Buncombe County
Income Maintenance Caseworker II (Current Employee) –  Asheville, NCSeptember 23, 2014
A typical day is processing applications for social service programs for clients.