Bunge Employee Reviews

Career Killer
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sandston, VAJuly 13, 2019
Hourly employees get screwed over with pay and don't care about anything, no accountability, no job training, too much Corporate appeasement, lack of focus on major safety concerns, good old boy club, lack of following and enforcing procedures, alot of fluff to placate Corporate, huge turnover, lack of caring in general. No focus on customer relations.
Lots of work able to be done
Sanitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Muleshoe, TXJune 6, 2019
Usually a typical day at word was doing the same thing over and over again. I learned how to deal with chemicals and got certified in lock out tag out.
Pros
Worked with school schedule
Cons
Short lunches
places going down hill
Grain Elevator Operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, INJune 5, 2019
Very horrible place to work plant manager is terrible human resource is terrible place just sucks if you want a live I would not recommend working here
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible place to work
Good job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Destrehan, LAMay 14, 2019
It was a very good job and i was very excited to work there. the management was very out going. All of the other employees were very thrilled to work there.
Pros
Fun job.
Cons
Ambiente de trabajo muy bueno
Mantenimiento y Automatizaciones (Former Employee) –  bahia blancaApril 30, 2019
se trabaja bien, con mucho trabajo de mantenimiento por tener equipos muy viejos
Great place to work in many ways
Team Lead Green Team (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 30, 2019
Overall nice people to work with, lack of opportunities. Management needs to review the organization, connect with the organization and teams to ensure career advancement opportunities exist.
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Muleshoe, TXApril 28, 2019
In this area , Bunge is one of the highest paying job opportunities. Plenty of room to be promoted . The management team here is pretty down to earth and understanding.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short handed
Highly recommended
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Red Oak, IAApril 24, 2019
The only big con is the high temperatures you have to face while working. You will over heat if you don't keep yourself hydrated. Other than that the work is nicely paced and it's a relaxed environment.
Pros
Frequent breaks
Cons
Heat conditions
Good People to work with
Assistant Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAMarch 13, 2019
Worked for them for 15 years in TX and IA. Enjoyed my role and the people I worked with. Employees cared about their jobs and the work they performed. Attendance was not a problem and that made my job easier.
Benefits
Cons
Job Opportunities
Micro management was over the top. Manager thought he was a merchandise pro. Didnt know the elevator.
Superintendent of Operations (Former Employee) –  Fairmont City, ILFebruary 27, 2019
Great employees. Bad managers. To much micromanagement not enough training. As a superintendent I had to train myself before I could train my employees. Not a bad idea but need more from management. That's what they are there for.
So So
Employee (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 14, 2019
Its okay. Just not my cup of tea anymore...Looking for something closer to home. Good work life balance when they wanted to be. My facility manager is good about it.
Fast-paced workplace with good pay and a decent schedule
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, OH 44811February 11, 2019
-Many opportunities within the fairly large facility
-Good pay
-Physical
-the culture is different between departments, but all around a decent atmosphere to work in.
I love my job but?
QUALITY ASSURANCE LEVEL 2 OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Muleshoe, TXJanuary 19, 2019
I love my job but when nobody notices how much work you put into your job functions and your other co-workers don’t carry there load and you have to, it takes a tole on your body and life, because once the day is done you go home to your family exhausted from doing your part and having to do your other co-workers jobs as well cause they are to busy not focusing on the job or task at hand. I would love to work for a company who appreciates a great worker and knows they will be getting 100% from me as an employee.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Not good management leadership
trypical work day
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Mayersville, MSNovember 28, 2018
Typical day at work is receiving grain trucks, loading barges depending on what commodity needs to be shipped and doing equipment pms. Reviewing work orders
Pros
you get 40hrs
Cons
Harvest can get pushy
Most hourly employees were good workers ,but management was worst i have worked for .
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sandston,VAOctober 24, 2018
Management was a joke . Nobody in management knew what was going on and relied on a couple of people to tell them . Their was so much back stabbing I don't know how anything got done . Certain people did whatever they wanted with no consequence and blamed other people for their mistake and ignorance.
Pros
Pay was okay . Some nice co-workers.
Cons
Management! Management! Management!
Bunge is a good place to work.
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at Bunge. Most employees are very busy and work hard. There has been a lot of change over the past few years, with more to come. There are a lot of great people there.
Pros
Good people. Cafeteria. Rewarding work.
Cons
Stress levels are often high.
great place if you don't mind rotating shifts
Control room operator (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IAOctober 3, 2018
Work was challenging You learned something new almost every day managers were ok. most enjoyable was the day to day challenges. most people were ok to work with but you know with shift work you always have the ones who don't carry their weight.
Pros
benefits were good
Cons
rotating shifts
Good for young people
Engineering Project Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 24, 2018
It is close to my home. They have good benefits.
Open work space. Family life is important.
Flexible work space / work from home.
Good paid time off.
Want to be good for the community.
alot of downsizing and bad tempers
Maintenance Millwright (Former Employee) –  Crete, NESeptember 18, 2018
maintenance is required to work 56 days straight mandatory ,at least 3 times a year at 2 week swing shift intervals. It is just not a friendly and safe work environment any longer.They are on a point system so if you forget to clock in its a 1/2 point even though you are on camera.If you have to take off for an emergency or take care of family member its a point each day your gone no matter.But if your in management come and go as you wish.I was in the military they weren't this bad
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management dissfunction
free gatorade
bulk oil facilitator (Former Employee) –  Kearny, NJAugust 29, 2018
My job was physical lots of walking in all weather conditions! Was provided with proper gear and saftety incentives!Management was changing and job security was in question!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunge. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Bunge.

Powered by Comparably