Bunzl Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  York, PAMay 15, 2018
Management is a joke. They let the people who are lazy get away with everything and do not take actions against them. The hardworking employees get taken advantage of . Raises are minuscule if you even get one. If you take a day off, the day you return you are punished. They work you like dogs and do not care. Management sits in the office and does not help or know what is going on. People sit around on their phones instead of working.
Understaffed and Underpaid
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2018
Understaffed warehouse that causes workers to carry more than a typical load of work causing injuries, unhappy workers and a revolving door. Seniority matters nothing to management.
Bunzl
Warehouse Worker / Bunzl Distribution (Current Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMay 5, 2018
Bunzl distribution doesn't care about there employees in the warehouse. They would work the hardest they ever could and still end up getting a terrible raise and blame you for every mistake possible.
Pros
Pay is okay
Cons
They dont care about you
An overall good company to work for.
Procurement/ Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 1, 2018
The company as a whole is a good employer. The working environment at the branch level can be good & bad. I have worked for general managers that allowed their employees to do their work with minor interaction. I have also worked at branches where the general manager would be involved in every aspect of each department. This has a negative effect the majority of the time, on employee morale & production. The branches are financially independent, as far as business growth, but must show profit to Bunzl corporate.
Benefits
Cons
Current management.
Be prepared to walk a lot.
Pick and Pack (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 30, 2018
Its a HUGE warehouse. The place map is confusing, but really fast to learn. The team leader is a pain and really need to go, doesnt know how to ask for something to be done and loses temper pretty easy because she starts with her smarty mouth. Other than that, every one else is very very helpful. Its a pretty crazy, loud, fun and majority of the time so friendly environment.
A challenging workplace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCApril 26, 2018
It was a challenging workplace and very competitive of what we do safety awareness meetings everyday to consider I safety. Sometime when the CEO comes in town he treats my whole family to a dinner and fun night to show his appreciation of us working for the company called bunzl.
Good Place to work
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO (office)April 19, 2018
I worked for a small division of Bunzl, the processor division. The company is pleasant to work for overall. The training provided leaves some room for improvement and their computer system was antiquated. The management was made up of people that started in sales and were promoted based on merit. The culture is mostly laid back but aggressive when dealing with sales growth. The culture is very much like what you would see in a small company, tenured employees that have been with the company for many years without much movement. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the computer system and lack of clear direction combined with completion from the Bunzl sales team. Overall the experience was good and there are a lot of really great people at the company.
Pros
Good products...mostly catalog sales driven
Cons
They need to modernize their computer system to more effectively support field sales.
Fun
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHApril 10, 2018
Bunzl to me is a pretty descent place to work as long as you come in on time and do your work as directed. Most of the employees are very friendly and helpful in so many ways.
Pros
free lunches sometimes
Cons
some members of management needs to be work on.
fun at times
Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 3, 2018
fast paced work day, I learned nothing new, poor management, poor work culture cut throat, hardest part of job was working for new warehouse manager, most enjoyable part of job was working with the customers on the routes.
Cons
poor managment
Constantly over 100 degrees
Machine Tender (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMarch 19, 2018
Rarely gave raises. Very unsafe workplace. People drank on the job. A lot of accidents happended. I would say never go work at this place in a million years.
Pros
Cons
Not safe
Pay is excellent, territory is very large
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 17, 2018
Training is lacking at best, pay scale is very nice, company car, benefits are nice, although vacation time is not super. Very competitive industry, operating system is antiquated and awful.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
training, training, training
Awesome sales manager, always looking to help out.
Nashville sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 14, 2018
As an early raiser I went over my days schedule, insuring I had all the samples needed to present to existing customers and cold calling. I would return calls and e-mails during the day, once I returned back to my office I would answer all e-mails and quote requested items. At least once per week I would meet customers for an early dinner. I was able to run my territory as though I owned the business. I worked with vendors to write POD and contract pricing when needed to be competitive. If you put your time in you could write your own pay check. I was very happy working there. The hardest part of the job was staying competitive, then my competition brought a large market pricing into my territory. the most enjoyable part of the job was all the customers, new / existing that became my friends as I am a relationship sales manager. I had an excellent sales manager, I wish he ran the branch. he really understands sales and relationships.
Pros
you can give yourself a raise everyday.
Cons
being competivie
Fast paced ,multitasking, no life outside of job due to mandatory overtime
Forklift warehouse (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 12, 2018
Bad management, overwork their employees unt I'm completely drained out for next day of work,high demand of mandatory overtime,poor sanitation due to damage overflow
not a good place to work that's why lots of workers resigned
wharehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 9, 2018
there's no proper coordination from warehouse management to the administration( human resource don't even care), been calling and sending email, calling the human resource personnel as well as the manager and keep ignoring my call, human resource personnel out of touch. pushing and forcing you more to work and and paid less.
Pros
no comment.
Cons
no comment.
No comment
Accounts Receivable Shared Services (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 5, 2018
Challenging, fun place to work. Learned new system. The management was easy to get along with. The employees were all friendly and easy to get along with.
Horrible Monsters
Accounts Payable Help Desk Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 2, 2018
HORRIBLE HORRIBLE COMPANY stay far far away. All they tell you is lies lies and more lies. The treat their empolyees bad and do not pay worth anything.
Cons
Fun and very knowledgeable management.
Warehouse Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSFebruary 24, 2018
I learned almost everything from shipping and receiving department . I trained newly hired employees and giving them tips to improve the quality of work everyday. Fun experience!!!
Pros
Annual salary raises
Cons
Healthcare
Company plays favorites to certain employees
CDL A DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 21, 2018
They make the rules as they go. What is enforced for one employee from corporate and management will be different for another. Hours slowly being cut to 40 hrs. with no overtime which was the reason the wages was competitive with similar jobs. Excellent annual review but less than 2% increase. Less than cost of living.
Pros
Decent equipment
Cons
Management favortizism /raises cut less than cost of living
Worst management ever
Central Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Upper management yells and screams and has knee jerk reaction to things and just to conclusion with out knowing what is going on with their employees.
Pros
Some people are nice
Cons
No one has your back and the hours are crazy
This company compensates their employess well also offers good benefits.
Sales, R3 Papercraft (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2018
Bunzl buys a lot of their competitors out. They tell you nothing will change, no one is losing their job, everything is going to be fine. That's not necessarily accurate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunzl. Our community is ready to answer.