Bunzl Employee Reviews

not enought money
Cherry Picker Operator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 19, 2019
I worked at the warehouse for six months, I was only making $14 and hour, after 5 guys week in one month, the give us one more dollar. Not enough money for the job that you do.
Pros
cool people
Cons
not enough money, It will take almost three years to give you a dollar rise
Great company
Regional Controller - Mexico Division (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 15, 2019
Management invest a lot of money to keep employees with high morale and standards. Lots of opportunities to grow. Company helps with tuition assistance and great retirement programs. Great company to work for.
Its a job
Product Selector/ Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOMarch 14, 2019
Need to learn better ways to motivate employees rather than constantly remind them they will be fired no matter how hard they work. There are better ways to motivate your employees and making them fear termination every day they come in is no way to run a team.
excellent
WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 5, 2019
Typical warehouse work. You work with teams to palletize orders. You start on graveyard and work your way to days. This is an excellent company for someone starting right out of school.
My day
Pick Packer (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMarch 1, 2019
The people are good. we have a peak season and thats where you get all your overtime. You do get vacation and benefits. We vary in different shifts as well.
Good place to Work
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJFebruary 20, 2019
I learned a lot there from how to pick and how to use all the Machines. Most of the people are nice but the management can be hard on us. The hours are very long and become too much sometimes as it leaves you with little free time
Lot of hours fast paced
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 2, 2019
I don’t have much working here but I advanced in the company fast in 4 months I went from a picker to a loader the pm manager is really laid back and he helps also the lead helps
Relaxed and well balance place to work!
Otr/ local exp, been a driver 20+ years (Current Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 21, 2019
Cant really say anything bad about this company, it's all about what you make of it Because my feelings of the company may be different from yours or anybody else. But overall they treated me fairly.
Pros
Day off when needed to catch up on rest when going over your hours.
Cons
Lack of inside communication sometimes with dock workers
s bien
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJanuary 15, 2019
Es bueno divertido y no muy pesado dan muchas horas de trabajo incluido overtime
Pros
Ninguno
Cons
Ninguno
No leadership or company direction
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MNJanuary 14, 2019
I had high hopes for this company but this is a terrible place to work. There is no leadership from management, little to no training, no clear direction of roles or reporting structure. Management clearly only looks out for themselves and any employee that questions or pushes back is fired.
Employees are leaving this company like rats off a ship which is quite telling. The work environment is very toxic. New employees make it less than a month before leaving.
Pros
Benefits and 401K match are fine
Cons
no leadership, toxic environment
Great company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 10, 2019
The only issue I had with the company was the hours of work during the peak season. That was not due to any fault of the company. The turn over ratio was high due to hours worked. Which could have been lowered with new hires staying long enough to become efficient and cut the work hours down but with new hires quitting we would go back to understaffed thus back to long hours.
Pros
Rate of pay and over time and benefits
Poor place to work.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNDecember 13, 2018
Very poor place to work. Favoritism runs rampant. If the leads don't like you they will watch you to find anything to run back to management about you to get you fired to make themselves ( leads ) look good.Takes forever to get a raise and management will take there time giving it to you, if at all. Employees that are on the floor help extremely more than leads or management when you get confused. The company needs a complete overhaul. If the company doesn't change its practices, they will continue to lose great, hard working employees that were willing to bend over backwards for this company. High turnover. Would not recommend. Doesn't care about employees situations or their families.
Forklift
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Asheville, NCOctober 29, 2018
Love this job but pay was just a little low for everything we did and hour we had to pull to not get pay good. The job i did was forklift driver picking order for stores and loading it on to the 18wheeler and ship it on out to the customer.
Over-worked and Tiring
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNOctober 28, 2018
If you're looking for a job that works you 7 days a week, look no further, apply to Bunzl today! Last minute changes daily. No communication from the management team. You will have to find out the day before the weekend whether you are working or not. You can't plan any personal activities outside of work in fear of work days changing. Your first raise after 3 months? You'll have to wait another month or two for it to take effect. Out of every 10 employees hired, 1-2 stay with the company. Hard to keep the place staffed. If your lead is out for the day, goodluck. Asking management help with their order system is a shot in the dark, they don't know how to use it.
Pros
Two 10 minute breaks, 30 minute unpaid lunch, Benefits, Safety awareness
Cons
Expect to work 50+ hours 5-7days a week, old equipment/tech
Harsh working environment
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAOctober 15, 2018
Work hours are extremely harsh. You never know when you are about to get off. You have to work until finish, so sometimes you might do a regular eight hour shift and sometimes you may do a 15 hour shift.
Pros
two paid 15 mins break
Cons
too many hours and not enough pay and breaks
Managment does not care for employees
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 13, 2018
You will not advance about lead in this warehouse and promotions are done by friends and family policy they will give last minute overtime then leave early themselves
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
No support from management
Things need to change
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYOctober 11, 2018
Poor management. Poor pay for the work you have to do. Stressful. Adults that act like 2yrs old. Too many favorites. Favorite well special treatment like playing on your cellphone, just talking not working. No one is held accountable for the actions. Everyone feels intitled...Work you butt off nothing. No advancement. Insurance is fair. No rewards for the hard workers. Not a career workplace. Rude employee's. Not enough training. Someone who has been there for a few days probably will be training. No uniformity. When cooperate comes management acts fake. Would love to see alit of changes with new warehouse manager. Needs a new opertions manager. Golden rule; treat others the way you want treated. Hoping for change. And a real pay increase. Better and UPDATED equipment. Feels like we live in the stone age. Respect your employee. We are told that we are replaceable. Be the company you say you are....Bunzl
Pros
Some great hard workers
Cons
Poor management. Poor pay.
Bunzl wasn't that bad it's just was sometimes difficult to pick the product because of how dangerous it was to pick in the racks.
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAOctober 8, 2018
For bunzl to be a Fortune 500 company it was not ran like one of the warehouse was very dirty the racking was bad it was very dangerous to pick orders. The rap machine always broke down you had to pick rap and load your own product you did three or four jobs and really got paid to do one job
Pros
The pay was decent but they could have paid more
Cons
Long hours don't know when you going to get a raise overworked lack of staff
Productive workplace, inaccurate job description. Self absorbed management.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OhioOctober 1, 2018
Bunzl was an okay place to work. From day one, there was very little direction or training. I was hired to use equipment, and all that I was officially trained on was an order picker. I came from an employer in which I handled Bulk, however I handled no bulk with Bunzl. The job was confusing at times, eventually I did receive some training on how to pick, and enter the correct quantities. Before I decided to leave I thought management was taking advantage of me a bit. And that they were self absorbed. Very much like a click. I ended up doing less than I am capable of, and I learned that I had no desire to advance any further than where I was with the company. Very good paycheck. Any one with a GED or Diploma could do the work. No one with a college education would take it for very long, unless they had an office job. Not enough emphasis on clocking in and out. Using a time clock....too overflowing out the door...and into the street... Need to cut. Definately in my rearview mirror.
Pros
Good Pay, low stress work.
Cons
Little mobility on the job, too much manipulation by management.
Job review
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 1, 2018
Drivers was assigned to one tractor to maintain and used the same trailer to maintain most of the time, trailer were pre loaded before driver report to work, drivers will have from 6 to 15 delivery per day, drivers carried their own pallets jack to unload trailers, drivers will have deliveries in Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Arkansas, then return vehicle to warehouse, drivers maintain paper logs and electronic logs, drivers was also home daily, drivers also responsible for fueling vehicle unless there on site fueling,
Pros
daily home time, being responsible for one vehicle, working the same route weekly
Cons
trailer not loaded in the route delivery order

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunzl. Our community is ready to answer.