Bunzl Employee Reviews for Order Picker

Lots of over time.
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2018
It was fun good pay only hard part was being a lady in a warehouse with slot of men who didn't see me as their equal. Management was pretty good at doing their best to resolve issues that may have come up.
Understaffed and Underpaid
Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 8, 2018
Understaffed warehouse that causes workers to carry more than a typical load of work causing injuries, unhappy workers and a revolving door. Seniority matters nothing to management.
No advancement
Picker/dockman (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEFebruary 6, 2018
I held the same job for 3 years. I performed above average, and received yearly below average raises. My coworkers around me threatened to quit in order to get raises. While I simply took a more traditional path of attempting to get a raise (hard work, asking politely), and received nothing. I had seniority over my coworkers who had the same job as me and made more than I did. My coworkers would also constantly call out of work and not show up, show up late every day and still received more raises than i did, because I didn't threaten to quit like they did

I worked with a supervisor who was unapproachable and almost impossible to work with. He was constantly in such a bad mood, I would go above and beyond to not talk to him. I couldn't approach him to ask work related questions. Again, another example of being rewarded for poor work performance, while I received nothing for good work performance.

The benefits were good, and my manager was a very friendly and relatively understandable boss. I also worked with many hard working people who i built lasting relationships with. The hours weren't terrible.

I was almost fired by the VP of the company one day for not abiding by a new safety rule implemented 10 minutes prior to the incident. My district manager had to beg for me to keep my job. Basically I was almost fired after 3 years of working there for making a one time, minor mistake. Terrible treatment of employees by upper management,
Pros
Good benefits, good boss, laid back work environment
Cons
poor pay, no upward mobility, very poor raises, inconsistent employee treatment, no recognition for superior contribution
no ping pong table nothing of that
Picker (Former Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJAugust 22, 2017
well when I was worked there I had only break time and lunch time, I don't had or we don't had at that company like ping pong table or something similar, nothing of that.
easy work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 17, 2017
Daily meeting with stretching , inspect lift grab load sheet and hope they gave you orders that allow you to meet their quota . Some weeks they ask for x amount of lines per hour others its x amount of lines total or percentage logged in ... very confusing and favors those that they choose to succeed Please help workers grow instead of put them down . Some type of management during night shift would help, its hard to manage your workers from your phone or hideing in the back all night
Pros
easy work
Cons
They reward friends and family not hardwork.
Great company
Order Picker/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 28, 2017
I work nights and we always have issues keeping good employees. I love working here, and they have a great starting wage, $16/hr, but the only thing I have to look forward to with this company is going to day shift or becoming a driver. If you just want a good job with great benefits, plenty of overtime, and dont mind working LONG nights, this is the place. If you are looking for promotional opportunities within the company, this isn't what you want. Very easy and laid back workplace.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Overtime
Cons
Lack of promotions, Overtime, lack of communication
Rough place to work
Order Picker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Junction, NJFebruary 1, 2017
Longer hours than I was made to believe. The management rewards those who are lazy by giving more work to those who work harder.
Pros
Union
Cons
Unions are taken advantage of, lazy employees
Typical day at work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MO 63146January 31, 2017
A typical day at Bunzl is a hard working day. I came in contact with many items I have never seen before and have seen what some stores order. Management was a struggle because of their outside problems. Supervisors would take their anger out on the workers and made me feel like they were going to fire me everyday. Workplace culture was good as co-workers we helped each other as much as possible. Hardest part of the job was picking up the really heavy boxes. Most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I got all my work done without error.
Pros
Sometimes we got out of work early.
Cons
Long nights sometimes no breaks
Average pay with no job security
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILNovember 23, 2016
I worked on a Cherry picker picking product. Management and coworkers were OK. The hardest part of the job was loading pallets correctly. It took time to learn the heaviest products and lightest products. A correctly loaded pallet has heaviest product on the bottom and lightest product on the top. The warehouse was a collection of products placed haphazardly, so it took time to learn where the heavy products on the order were first, and build up the pallet from there.
Pros
Not a bad work environment
Cons
Warehouse organization was poor.
Great employees and managers
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WANovember 17, 2016
Very good place to work at. Everybody is super friendly and helpful if you are in need of help. Great benefits and an awesome pay. Person can learn a lot from working in place like this.

Want to know more about Bunzl?

Ask a question
Fast Pace Workplace
Picker, Stock Receiving, Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Township of South Brunswick, NJSeptember 28, 2016
Great job, good salary, lots of overtime that is mandatory. Not for everyone. Every aspect of the job is based on seniority. Monthly bids for shifts.
fun work place
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 10, 2016
A typical day at work consist of picking orders. I learned to drive a cherry picker. The co-workers were nice and good people to work with. the hardest part of the job was making sure boxes don't fall.
Love my job. Love everything about this job.
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  PANovember 16, 2015
Plan on working here until I am ready to Retire. Which is far from now. Been at this job over 20 years and hoping for another 20 plus.
Productive fun place to work
order picker/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  salt lake city, UtahFebruary 12, 2015
Pick orders, build pallet with requested products, shrink wrap order pallet and set in shipping area. I liked the team that i worked with, and also driving the forklift.
Pros
Matching up order number and products.
Cons
Not enough hours.
Hard place to work at with odd and shifty hours.
Forklift Operator/Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXDecember 6, 2014
The people and management are friendly and easy to work with. Hard place to work at with shift supposed to be 4pm to midnight byt sometimes doesn't end until 5 or 6 am.
Pretty fast paced, easy to follow tasks.
Welcome to the Cherry Picker and Clamp truck
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 22, 2014
My career as a Order Selector began with a double jack and came to an abrupt halt with a double jack and in between found me picking at times on foot, on HI-LO, via forklift, by single jack, via hand jack, or cherry picker and clamp truck. Comrades for co-workers all picking for the same cause, at least on the surface. I learned to lead by action not by word which has a longer lasting impression. The hardest part of the job is coming to grips with, after picking thousands of pieces on what would seem like a perfect night only to find out that you've made one mistake that'll cost you. Psycologically foremost, financially by the weeks' end.
No social life
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAAugust 12, 2014
The job description does not accurately portray your duties...takes at least 3 years to get at least a $1 raise....very long hours and under paid. I will never come back to this company once I leave.
Benefits
Cons
Management, low wages, long hours
Productive work environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 24, 2014
Good work place with good employees with the drive to help others.
Pros
Fun environment to work in
Cons
Night Shift from the start.
Poor management
Order selector (Former Employee) –  Anaheim caApril 10, 2013
management is the worst in this company, no communication, no team play, favortism towards family or friends, if you dont suck up to the boss you will have a hard time here, long unrewarding hours.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
poor management, no team play, workin from 4pm-3am
Poorly functioning distribution center
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILAugust 26, 2012
Poor management. Uncertain hours. More Spanish than English speaking employees, including supervisors. Hostile / Angry work environment (first to second shift). Favoritism. Good benefits/
Pros
free food, good benefits.
Cons
management / pay / hours