Bupa Employee Reviews

Very Family oriented
Member Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmetto Bay, FLMay 31, 2018
Working at Bupa was amazing, Very caring and welcoming. You feel like you are another member of the Bupa family. Always finding a way to keep you healthy and best of all, Bupa has an open door policy.
Pros
Company gathering, Health oriented
Cons
no cons
one of the best jobs
Head Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  ipswich ipApril 24, 2018
I worked at Anglesea heights in Ipswich from November 2015 until August 2016 when I left job sending letter on the 29 August due to extremely difficult situation with a family member when i left job with immediate effect. Hovewer I found out later that I am sacked from job and my letter haven't reach them .
During 2013-2014-2015 very bad CQC report give Anglesea heights very bad reputation in our area. When I started there= yes things are to difficult house is not cleaned to highest standards as there is only 10 housekeepers(when I left 22)care employees are so limited numbers they are working so long hours and all employee are exhausted.
Just 3 months later Thanks to new managers and more staff employed=we are cleaner than Ritz hotel, gardens are beautifully sorted with residents in mind, redecorations took place nearly everywhere, staff are supported ,every new idea from residents or family member or staff is welcomed, rooms and houses smell so clean that clean that once when visit regional manager complimented it is first home she visited that is clinically clean, residents are so well looked after and so so happy(example when I was doing my deliveries to all 4 houses on Mondays I used to take residents with me to help me with job they also can sign paperwork), when staff going for breaktime first thing is to take one or two of residents with them to the gardens or make cup tea and have little chat with residents who are in rooms.
Equipments for work are upgraded ,everything apart from socks and towel are ironed, residents shoes are clean and polished regulary linen
  more... cabinets are so tidy and organise ,menu changed and upgraded cooking with freshest ingredients, medical rooms are sorted thanks to nurses ,medicine delivered to residents at exact time when needed,all paperwork done thanks to introducing quicker way of work-pc tablet-in every room, employees become happier and team work and team spirit is amazingly good. I can go on and on with all positive changes there for long time.Residents are extremely happy with care they receiving. Family of residents are so happy and compliments are every day written ,there is 4 months without any single complaint from resident or family member. Resident of the day had always fresh flowers in they rooms from managers , walk around gardens with activity staff or taken to park just two minutes away, all this good work are still there , .
Unfortunately for some reason all that good work is not promoted to public and Anglesea heights will be closed in few days.
Pros
many
Cons
none from february 2016
It was a productive & fun place to work at..
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 27, 2018
While working at BUPA my direct manager was excellent and if she had no knowledge of the problem of situation at hand she would take the time to research it with each individual to be able to provide a resolution to any issues the customer or provider had..
Bupa
GeoBlue Claims Assessor (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 27, 2017
An awesome company to work for but they have a salary cut off and poor advancement opportunities. The benefits are great and the activities given throughout the years exceed many other companies. However, job positions do not seem secure.
Pros
benefits and yearly activities
Cons
HR is not stable, no advancement opportunities.
friendly workplace
Account t Executive (Former Employee) –  Miami-Dade County, FLAugust 8, 2017
Every day was a little different. Working at BUPA you take on several tasks every day to help out where ever needed. This was a while ago so this may have changed.
Pros
Work Enviroment
Cons
Certain Managers not prepared for their role to lead
Great experience and good work ambiance
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2017
Bupa handles more than 400 employees in Miami, they care about their employees and provide good benefits . Excellent corporate culture and hands free workplace.
Being able to communicate with the customers on a one to one basis was a very good thing to deal with
Policy Assessment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 1, 2017
My typical day at work was exciting, pre-evaluating possible customers with their medical history thru a medical interview. Requesting medical records when necessary in order to properly evaluate availability. Passing all the information to the Medical Underwriter to review. All to do was very enjoyable. Nothing better to be able to serve people.
Pros
Great benefits, great enviroment
Cons
cant think of any
Ridiculous company
Carer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Care homeJuly 2, 2017
The worst company ever to have worked for.. their politics of the way staff/ residents should be treated is dated ..
Long hours and very short breaks.
Management who ignore your concerns about nursing staff !!
Pros
Cons
Lack of breaks
average
Provider Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 29, 2017
nice place to work
nice people
a lot of work
most of the time I was one man department
manager are not helpful
they are always seeking to blame you for their mistakes
Pros
nice
A very productive enviroment
Medical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 3, 2017
I learn to value life, when coordinating medical emergencies. Everyday a different scenario and many obstacle to jump in order to have patients get the necessary treatment.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work
Account Manager & Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 3, 2017
Processed about 60 claims a day. Learned about international claim management. Covert the local currency to Dollars. Was able to deal with angry customer.
Pros
Lost of employee activities
Cons
No breaks
Great Company
SQL Database Analyst and Developer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 6, 2016
Great Company. Very professional team. I am not a permanent employee and for that reason I am looking for other opportunity in SQL Technology, but it is an excellent place to work.
Bupa is a great place to work
IT Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2016
Bupa is located in Palmetto Bay in a beautiful park like setting. The culture at Bupa is hardworking but with a good balance with your home life. The benefits are amazing.
Pros
Benefits, People, Latin Culture
Cons
Opportunities for growth
Good Experience
Medical Claims Analyst - Corporate Care Dept (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 21, 2016
When I initiated my career over Bupa it was one of the best companies in the market, soon later management and salary expectations were lowering on benefits among many other issues.
Pros
Good health ins, company culture
Cons
management, favoritism
Dead end
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palmetto Bay, FLJune 7, 2016
No prospects for growth with this dead end company. Just a slow death as employees are laid off. There is a constant air of fear and insecurity, all the staff are wondering who is next. Management don't care and treat the employees badly, the office is a long way from anywhere in Palmetto Bay where there is nothing to do around there and traffic is a nightmare. It's only a matter of time before this company is gone. Most people stay for a few months and then quit or get laid off.
Cares about employees
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Great place to work. Work Balance is how it should be and the company has great benefits. They offer ongoing training for all employees
Family oriented atmosphere
Project Specialist & Sr. Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 16, 2015
Bupa is a great place to work with amazing work culture. The company supports healthy work life balance and assists anyone who is willing to grow.
nice working place
health care assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex, MDJuly 17, 2015
i worked almost everyday with 1day off in shifting bases.it is a very nice place to worked with and i easily get along with different people in different countries and nationalities.i learned a lot with my co workers and we work harmoniously.the management were so nice and they treat as fairly.i enjoyed working with them and i loved my job.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break
Good company
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2015
This is a good place to work because they have good benefits. The coworkers are really friendly and you can learn all details related to processing of international claims.
Great Place to work with amazing benefits
Finance-Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 7, 2015
Great place to work with amazing benefits. management is good and the company is really into helping their employees and keeping them motivated

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bupa. Our community is ready to answer.