Bupa Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 44 reviews matching the search See all 1,040 reviews
great benefits
International Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlApril 8, 2015
Bupa is a company that works hard to promote health in the employees, they provide a gym, snacks and massages.

the most enjoyable part was helping my clients
friendly and challenging
Rehabilitation Coach (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NDecember 30, 2014
SHift usually starts with ADLs of the clients followed by prompting them to prepare their breakfast. this session is succeeded by exercises and rehabilitation of clients as per clinicians instructions. lunch and keeping residents back to bed marks the end of the shift. During the shift we, coaches, have to maintain an awesome infection control with hygenic environment around the clients. This may include prompting the clients to mop and vaccum their rooms or by doing them ourselves.
Pros
long resting periods
latest technology
Operation, Credit Control, Senior officer (Former Employee) –  Fianance operationNovember 13, 2014
Worked with Finance operation team, close with commercial finance team as well.
Great place with outstanding work/life balance
N/A (Current Employee) –  Miami, FlJuly 25, 2014
Great place to work and grow, highly recommended.

The office has low employee turnaround, which provides great continuity of projects and processes.
Pros
Best offices in Miami
Cons
Pay should reflect market standards
Great environment
Medical Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 23, 2014
Gained experience in processing international claims. Great supervisor always there to help. Lots of team work/communication.
Need to value employees more and pay higher
Claims (Former Employee) –  USAJune 16, 2014
No communication between management and employees, need more pay less work, company has employees doing more than one position but getting paid for 1. NO ADVANCEMENT unless your friends with the boss.
Cons
no Breaks only 30 min lunch
Work
Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 16, 2014
I'm a claim processor : Verification and establishment of domestic/international claims into the appropriate system and process for payment, verification of initial claim information to ensure accuracy of claim processing, resolution of claim issues with the assistance of other departments to meet and exceed customer service objectives, and use ICD-9 and ICD-10 coding for both domestic and international bills.
This company has a lot of favoritsm.
Pros
Company events
Cons
short breaks, no CEU reimbursements, no advancement
Good company with good benefits.
Customer Service/Claims (Current Employee) –  Palmetto Bay, FloridaApril 15, 2014
Bupa is a great company to work for, which provide great health benefits, a yearly bonus, pay holidays, and good incentives to their employees.

We work in a professional and friendly atmosphere, in which the combination enables the employees to work more efficiently.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Far from home
Good working environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Pros:
Real focus on shared purpose
Nice people and culture

Cons:
Systems! They are out-dated, IT has no BI strategy.
working at bupa
Claim Examiner (Current Employee) –  Kendall, FLDecember 16, 2013
Bupa has been a splendid experience through the 3 years I have been working there.
I had already customer Service Experience ,but in this case, it goes to another level.
On the other hand, I have learned to process claims,international and in house claims,which have been very helpful in terms of knowledge.
Managment in Bupa work together with the workers and flows with the current. We are all a big group and a wonderful team where everyone's opinion counts and we help each other a lot.
Pros
nice working area, team work, great benefits.Love my job.
Cons
very far from home
A Strong and growing international health company
Privacy and Risk Officer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FloridaOctober 20, 2013
A lot of good people work at Bupa. The company operates throughout Latin America and the Caribbean, so new issues and opportunities are always available and the days are never dull.
Awesome workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Rest-home, Dementure & HospitalOctober 14, 2013
Overall I enjoyed working as a housekeeper for Bupa Care Services.
I liked cleaning, and making sure that people were happy. On some days I would be offered a free lunch but that was only if there were left overs.
The hardest part of the job is whenever there is a sort of sickness spreading around. Cleaning turns into the hardest job since all the residents must then be kept in their rooms and it just always brings me down when i see an elderly down and sick. However continue to clean their rooms and bathrooms just as long as we also follow the health and safety protocols.
Other than that I loved being a housekeeper. I was able to care for all the residents that needed caring as well as getting to know them and their life stories. I felt like the luckiest person knowing that I found the job that was just right for me.
The staffs and caregivers were always so nice and cheerful. They were also helpful to me when in need of help of advice.

The Manager was caring and responsible. She always had time for busy meetings but also for her staff. She helped me each time i visited her for help.
Above all i learned that working in an environment where you are able to connect to everyone is the main cause of improvement to the outcome of your work.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Dealing with residents mood swings
Good place for bilingual person
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 25, 2013
GL reconciliations of asset and liability accounts. Worked with Auditors.
Productive, Non Stop
Exec Asst to Sr. VP Sales  (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 8, 2013
A typical day can include various trips to be planned, various meetings and expenses to be approved.

The thing I love most is my team. My bosses and team mates make it easy to come to work and enjoyable.
good
care assistant (Current Employee) –  hillsview nursing & residential homeJune 4, 2013
a typical working day involves meeting the individual needs of the residents at the care home. this ranges from dressing, bathing feeding and more. I have learnt a lot about what it takes to care for residents and am awear of all the rules and regulations that need to be followed, i feel like i am apart of a team and this has helped me gain a number of skills.
Not a good place to work
Vice President of Sales (Former Employee) –  MiamiApril 8, 2013
Not a good place to work. Not clear strategic direction. Uncertain future for the business.
Executive Assistant to COO
Executive Assistant to COO (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 12, 2013
I was responsible for the office of three Executives, and Directors of the Department of Operations.

My responsabilities from calling the coffee lady, to making daily travel arrangements, receiving phone calls, setting up daily meetings, arranging agendas, having direct contact with the Legal department regarding contracts and legal documents etc, I will say my job is fun and exciting everyday there is something different to do and learned. I touched different parts of the organization which makes it excited.
Pros
gain knowledge
Cons
sometimes people take advantange.
Bad managemnt
Currently Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  MiamiJanuary 4, 2013
Bupa UK needs to look at the management and high turnover. Especially in HR. We don't even know who is who in HR. We need consistency and retention. Change the management starting with HR and the leadership.
Pros
company
Cons
leadership & hr
very unprofessional
Manager of Pre-processing claims (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaJanuary 4, 2013
A typical work day is long and unproductive - mainly due to poor work practices enforced by upper management. I learned not to expect much from the directors and above and realized that the enviorment was one based on poor principles and lack true knowledge, as an organization in whole (in Miami). My co-workers were lead to believe that their hard work would take them places, yet found themselves in a "hot Mess" as one described already, in a prior review. The hardest part of my job was trying to make my staff motivated as my upper management kept my hands tied. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing my staff everyday, as they became family to me.
Pros
seminars and workshops were available often
Cons
hr was probably the worst i have seen in a while
Helpful and simple
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kestrel HouseAugust 1, 2012
Good and friendly environment. Hard working team members.
Pros
in house training