Burberry Employee Reviews

Fantastic Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 11, 2018
Compatible Management, it was a pleasant work environment to work in. Employees were treated fairly, and for the most part my coworkers seemed with their job positions.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Meeting sales quotas
Great Place to Start
Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
Very collegial environment, however due to the big teams/departments can have some competition and cattiness. You have a great sense of what the brand is about, based on the office and overall image.
Pros
Access to employee-only sample sales, exciting brand
Cons
teams are too big
Trash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2018
Working for Burberry was the worst job I’ve ever had. The management team is unprofessional, and prejudice. Not every single employee but enough of them for it to be a problem . Felt like a flash back to high school. They tell you to watch people of African decent that come into the store but a white never gets followed around. It was a toxic environment to say the least.
Pros
Free lunch during holidays/ events
Cons
Short breaks, the racist behavior or employee/management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
I liked my job very much, but unfortunately my department was eliminated and I was let go, worked for 10 years. I recommend Burberry, as is a good working environment.
Racists retaliation work environment
Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
The worse management and Human Resources department I ever delt with in my entire career.

Unhealthy hostile work environment from the top down! If you speak up , next you are managed out and retailation non stop. Very sick
Pros
Discount
Cons
Mangment, HR is a big JOKE!
Great People and Company
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 24, 2018
Burberry is a great company to work for. They have great benefits - very generous - as well as good commissions. They highly value their associates and their contributions to the company. I was very sad when they began the downsizing of their retail outlet operations and our store was consequently closed.
Pros
Fantastic benefits. Value associates.
Cons
Shrinking operations. Restrictive uniform policy.
Run
Customer Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 17, 2018
The management is in dire need of a change. It's not a collaborative work culture and any little mistake that is made is magnified to the 10th power. I would not recommend this work place for seasoned or entry-level professionals.
Pros
Discount Swag
Cons
Poor Management
Passionate, team work and a role model
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 17, 2018
The most part that I love about my job is the fact that Im able to build up a relationship with your coworker but also the fact that we become family, I become my passionate as a Visual Merchandising and able to learned and grow as a proffessional
Pros
Benefit, positive environment, my school to become the manager that Im now
Cons
No feel appreciated, no recognition for you hard work
Managment
USA Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2018
Some people from management team do not act as a good professional. If you need something or asking for a help, you have to wait and sometimes ask several times. The atmosphere is created by some of them is kinda uncomfortable and makes you feel disappointed. But if you are work ethic, you can overcome this and concentre on your personal goals.
Burberry NYC 10012
Beauty Specialist / Accessories Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYApril 12, 2018
Great store. Beautiful products. Great pay and commissions. Good discounts. Great culture and amazing training. You will learn alot about Luxury Customer Service. Fashion events.
Pros
Fun when the right manager is in charge. Great training program.
Cons
Some managers will judge customers by appearance this could make you feel uncomfortable, A particular manager has a rude attitude and air of superiority creating negativity among employees.
Beyond great company
Mens Department Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAApril 5, 2018
Beyond great full to work in an company that helps you grow as a leader and seller. Management was very great and the amount of partners I have created
Fun work atmosphere
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAMarch 27, 2018
Interacting daily with the Chinese tourists was a charm. the management team was always accommodating to the needs of the staff. The incentive programs exceed programs from other places of business.
Pros
accomodating mgmt
Cons
cut-throat commission vibe
Fast paced work environment but as well relaxed
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJMarch 27, 2018
How to put away the merchandise, Picking, unloading the trucks, receiving the boxes from the trucks, and distribution. And how to drive a Fork Lift.

My workplace was fast paced and relaxed

The hardest part would be unloading the trucks and all the heavy boxes.

I genuinely enjoyed my job over all.
Pros
The teamwork
Fast paced work enviornment
Stock Associate/Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 16, 2018
I worked at the macys Herald square location. Very fast paced work environment. Great shopping area. Learned alot of valuable skills. Maintained a great relationship with many peers and co-workers.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Mass shopping crowds
Run away!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 8, 2018
Management lies to your face. HR doesn't want to hear from you. Corporate is a joke! The Company is coming apart at the seams. I would never recommend this Brand to anyone! It became a huge revolving door before I left.
Pros
Great benefits and discount.
Cons
Management, unrealistic goals for what you have to sale. Ageism, discrimination violations. Plus blatan favortism
Good benefits
Service Lead (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYMarch 6, 2018
Could be a challenging place of work as it is a commission based environment. All depends on management of the particular store. Employees can get too intense in their pursuit of commissions.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
unregulated environment
Understand the Culture and you'll do fine
SERVICE LEAD MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 24, 2018
The company itself is very clientele orientated. They have expansive training for product knowledge, mannerisms, selling ceremonies, etc. all to better assist your client. My team was incredible, management could use some assistance. We were always short staffed. Benefits were excellent.
Great Opportunity
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 21, 2018
I am still employed at Burberry but open to new opportunities. The staff are nice and the environment is pleasant. I would love to remain but the commute conflicts with my family situation
Pros
Free lunch Free Shares dicounts
Cons
Distance, travel
Healthy organization
Team Lead Inbound/Outbound (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 19, 2018
Organization is going through 3 year of Global restructuring. New CEO/CFO. Many more changes to come. Good discounts and perks. Weak middle management due to changes.
enjoyed the designer sales experience, great team
Sales Associate, Seasonal, Westfield (Former Employee) –  Topanga, CAFebruary 16, 2018
I was just a seasonal sales associate, but really enjoyed the experience. Learning about the merchandise and history of the company was interesting. Working with our team to assist customers was a valuable experience.
Pros
fellow employees
Cons
standing!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burberry. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss