Burberry Employee Reviews

Difficult yet rewarding
E-commerce Customer Experience Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2018
Amazing company to work for. Great perks and benefits. The particular job I had to do was very difficult and could be extremely overwhelming during Sale period. Not much room for growth in Customer Service, but the culture is amazing.
Pros
Free Thursday lunch. Gift Cards monthly if goal reached. Sample Sales
Cons
Sale period overwhelming.
Fun Fashion Environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 1, 2018
Very busy, fast paced environment. It is also very physical. Only one operations person to get all the merchandise received and displayed as well as shipping out to vendors, stores, company and people.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
Very Physical
My advice
Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 24, 2018
Luxury sales professional you must have a building clientele book while working there. The expectations are high, but if you are working with a supportive team, managers included, your goals can be achieved and you will like what you do. This created the working culture of being respected, included and self-development.
rude when asked a question
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJSeptember 23, 2018
worked with New York. Upper management was very nice and willing to help. department management was not. Hardest part was learning the system. Making friends .
Pros
1 hour llunch
Cons
sometimes had to work weekend
Burberry
Service Lead (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 17, 2018
I worked for Burberry for almost 7 years, beginning as a service associate transitioning to a sales lead. Unfortunately there was no more growth for me in my role so I left to return to college full-time. Burberry was a great company to work for with many benefits to keep employees happy, at and outside of work.
Great Retail Company to work with.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 5, 2018
They had great guidelines and operational procedures to follow. You could always make a phone call and find the answer to whatever question you might have. The workplace culture was balanced and enjoyable.
Pros
Employee Discounts on Merchandise
Cons
Retail Holiday Hours and parking
Fun and entertaining
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2018
Fashion forward place of employment. Have a wide range of fashion knowledge. Courteous and fun place to be. Great experiences when communicating with clientele.
Amazing!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYAugust 21, 2018
Great environment! there are so many tools they provide to learn about the products they produce. Changes your outlook on the design process all the way through to the sales floor.
Fun for me. Loved the variety and work environment and personnel serviced.
Front Office Support Technician for US and Canada (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJAugust 15, 2018
Enjoyable but challenging work environment. Always busy, Wide variety of tasks. Remote to on site service. I pretty much enjoyed my role, fellow workers and customers serviced.
Pros
Wide variety of tasks, Good personnel to service, Good team members to work with
Cons
Pay moderate at best. A bit of a neurosis in the work space set up, no trash can, open office a bit annoying, no privacy with phone calls to clients, sometimes background noise was too high
I had to roles. Accountant and FP&A.
FP&A Flagship Manager - Canada, Brazil, Mexico (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 9, 2018
Overall it was good, but at the and I had different expectation for myself. I moved from Accounting to FP&A after accomplishing my CFA Level I certification.
Pros
I learn a lot
Cons
Unfair assessments
Fun place to work and express your selling style
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJuly 30, 2018
Burberry fashion forward company allowing the client an infinite journey to the fashion industry from head to toe they make sure you are greeted at the door so they can offer you more.
Pros
Free lunches on holidays
Cons
Work scdulue not flexible
Burberry job stability and management
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2018
It is sad to say that when you work for Burberry it micro managed Most employees feel that their jobs will end with out notice as i seen for many years.
Management tends to bump heads with each other and information given tends to be slow or delayed due to management inexperience. To many managers not knowing what they are doing and tend to lean on people who knows and take the credit.
Pros
Benifits are ok
Cons
Too many managers so it becomes confusing on your directs and work load
Fun people to work with, but the actual company could use some change.
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Central Valley, NYJuly 24, 2018
Burberry was a good company to work for except for the salary, and how busy the store gets. Management gets too uptight if the line isn't moving fast enough or if you don't get enough customer capture information.
Pros
Fun people to work with of all different nationalities
Cons
10 hour shifts, no benefits for part time, no paid time off for part time, poor management
Fantastic Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAJuly 11, 2018
Compatible Management, it was a pleasant work environment to work in. Employees were treated fairly, and for the most part my coworkers seemed with their job positions.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Meeting sales quotas
Great Place to Start
Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 25, 2018
Very collegial environment, however due to the big teams/departments can have some competition and cattiness. You have a great sense of what the brand is about, based on the office and overall image.
Pros
Access to employee-only sample sales, exciting brand
Cons
teams are too big
Trash
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2018
Working for Burberry was the worst job I’ve ever had. The management team is unprofessional, and prejudice. Not every single employee but enough of them for it to be a problem . Felt like a flash back to high school. They tell you to watch people of African decent that come into the store but a white never gets followed around. It was a toxic environment to say the least.
Pros
Free lunch during holidays/ events
Cons
Short breaks, the racist behavior or employee/management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2018
I liked my job very much, but unfortunately my department was eliminated and I was let go, worked for 10 years. I recommend Burberry, as is a good working environment.
Racists retaliation work environment
Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2018
The worse management and Human Resources department I ever delt with in my entire career.

Unhealthy hostile work environment from the top down! If you speak up , next you are managed out and retailation non stop. Very sick
Pros
Discount
Cons
Mangment, HR is a big JOKE!
Great People and Company
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMay 24, 2018
Burberry is a great company to work for. They have great benefits - very generous - as well as good commissions. They highly value their associates and their contributions to the company. I was very sad when they began the downsizing of their retail outlet operations and our store was consequently closed.
Pros
Fantastic benefits. Value associates.
Cons
Shrinking operations. Restrictive uniform policy.
It was cool
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJMay 20, 2018
I liked this place of employment. Meet a lot of great people. But it was so long ago I don't really remember to much outside of the people I dealt with. I went to work and enjoyed it

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burberry. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Burberry.

Powered by Comparably