Burdick Toyota Employee Reviews

Great customers...most if the time
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYJune 30, 2019
I liked my job and the people I worked with
BUT.....if I went over 40 hrs, I would have to somehow lose the extra time vs getting paid ot. Owner liked to intimidate and yell at employees so having to look over your shoulder all the time made for stressful days. Free coffee for customers but not for employees and we couldn't have a coffee pot in the area where I worked. Customer 'gifts' (donuts, candy) had to go to owner first....we rarely saw anything
come back to us.
Pros
Decent co-workers
Cons
Owner
Committed to excellence
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYJune 20, 2019
Great product, awesome people and tremendous processes. 100% customer satisfaction focused. Excellent support from management. Great leadership from owner.
Ok place to work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYApril 11, 2019
Can be successful here if you suck up to managers and the owner on a daily basis. You can learn a great deal regarding the industry and information on the vehicles you are selling or making appointments for.

All I got out of my time there was knowledge of the business and skills I picked up along the way.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Owner
Good to get into the field with
Parts Adviser (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYOctober 9, 2018
The company is great for someone who is only looking to bring extra money in a house hold with one income already present. How ever if looking to live on the income alone in today's living cost, not that effective for you. It is great for those who enjoy the same in and same out setting of continuous work that also is salary based and at times more than 40hrs a week. Not much room to advance there for once you get into a higher position you tend to stay there till you are ready to retire, and that will take a wile before one does.
Pros
free luncheon ever month, but with the same options and discount on parts or accessories
Cons
over worked underpaid for today's living cost`
It's not too bad
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYAugust 20, 2018
Just a personal preference, but it is a decent place to start out to make friends and not get skated while trying to make sales. If you want to grow as a salesman, then start here.
Run
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYJuly 30, 2018
Be prepared to sit for hours and not get paid as a flat rate technician and they will not let u go home they hire kids from boces and alow them to work on yr $70k car with no one supervising their work and damage paint work and u will have to repaint it for free and they will tell u to "take on for the team" as well as the mangers will not get full approval for repairs and or miss damage and u will have to take it for "the team " as well .yr opinions mean nothing no matter how many yrs of experience y have the body shop management never worked in a body shop prior to their positions let alone fixed a scratch .they will tell u anything that they think u want to hear to get u in the door as a paint tech u will have to split 50/50 better hope the other painter does as much as u do ,if u have no work u will still have to sit there till 5 with no pay for yr time .and every other Saturday from 8 till noon and have to stay till noon wether or not u have something to do or not .keep yr head down and be prepaired to be a yes man prisioner .and if u smoke u can only smoke in yr vehicle 200 yards from the building on yr lunch break no 10 or 3 oclock breaks for u .and sit there and watch certain co workers come in 20 min to half hr late every day and return from lunch the same and never get written up .oh but might if yr 5min late.
And dont plan on getting donuts or anything from a customer that appreciated yr work cause everything has to go right up to the owner and then he will decide if u deserve it or not .
Ull never see it again.
I wish i had known of all this before i left my
  more... prior job .i was warned some but couldn't understand why a employee would contact me somone he didnt know ...think about it
So i contacted the manager who hired me and told him all that was told to me and he said no no no u dont have to stay if theres no work .no no im looking at the present employee he just made 150 hrs by himself .ill take care of u and watch yr times .another lie !
Save yrself the stress drama and anxiety and stay where u are or just go somewhere else
Pros
Some how they have work
Cons
Everything else
Great Place to Work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cicero, NYMay 11, 2018
Burdick Toyota promotes a positive work environment for all employees. It has been family-owned and operated since 1937
and its philosophy is one of excellence.

The company offers exceptional training and advancement. At Burdick Toyota, you are not just offered a job, you are offered a career.
A lack communication
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cicero, NYAugust 24, 2017
They tell you things to lead you on like big plans for you just to get you to stay for a little longer .. constant lies and yelling . No work in the winter ,expect you to know everything, no seeing your side ,they dont care about you
Cons
Management, owner, parts department
Owner leads through yelling and threats.
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Burdick ToyotaJuly 1, 2017
The sales managers are the life blood of this company. They are over worked and underpaid. The owner is still living in his dads shadow and could never live up to his fathers high standards. He believes random threats and yelling are the best approach to getting the most out of his employees. He always puts himself above the customer with frequent meetings that bring the business to a grinding halt. I have seen countless frustrated customers and sales people made to wait while the owner pulls the management staff in to throw a tantrum weekly. He has the emotional intelligence of a toddler.
Pros
Sundays off. As long as you can take the yelling, then you will have a job for life!
Cons
Yelling. Useless meetings. Antiquated outlook on marketing.
productive and busy
Head Detailer (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYFebruary 18, 2017
Burdick is a great place to work at. There is a lot of room to advance in the company. This is the place i learned a lot of positions from car washer to detail manager.
Not the best not the worst, a decent shop to start out at and can move up, but can be frustrating to work here
Maintenance/ Certified Technician (Current Employee) –  Cicero, NYNovember 16, 2016
Flat rate shop, when its busy you can make decent money, but can expect it to be hectic and inconsistent due to poor scheduling. More often than not it will be slow and you will maybe turn the number of hours your there.
Pros
Paid training, decent hourly rate
Cons
poor scheduling, inconsistent work
Don't work for them
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cicero NYAugust 28, 2015
Worked 6 days a week all year was run ragged on daily basis with 20-30 new and used car deliveries and accessory installations. Management didn't care if you were sick or injured, always got a look of distain when I had to leave due to a work related injury or an attitude when I couldn't make it in due to the injury. The new "state of the art" shop is to small for 14 techs, the building used to be a movie theater.
Pros
made a lot of money during busy times
Cons
no work in winter, manegment
Great Place to Work!!!
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Cicero, NYMarch 4, 2014
Great Company. Family owned dealership! In business since 1937. Owner cares about the employees and their sucess.
Pros
Excellent support staff, great employees, good compensation package, friendly atmosphere!