Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 134 reviews matching the search See all 1,236 reviews
High pressure
Project Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 9, 2018
High pressure billing inspection services to major corporate national and international companies. Company depends heavily on temps for project accounting and has high turnover. Most senior project accountant has been with the company less than five years. Most are much less than that.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and expand skill set
Cons
High turnover due to stressful demanding work load.
An organization that lacks leadership and strategy
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 30, 2018
As a division, the group at BV did not have the type of leadership and strategy that engenders confidence and drives results. The focus was very tactical and responsive to the latest information as opposed to having a longer term view. This resulted in frequent crises and changes in direction that were very demotivating.
Pros
Global and very large
Cons
Factioned and reactionary
Friendly Environment
Test Technician (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 28, 2018
The culture of the workplace is very friendly. I feel like everyone assist each others and always encouraging one another to do better, I enjoy working with the people and became close friend with most of them. Even though it's a fast-paced work place, we still have time to have fun. The management team are there to aid us in what we need and supportive as well as understanding. Overall, it's a good place to work.
Pros
Tasty treats, snack days, holidays lunch, company party
Not Good
Project Accountant/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2018
I watched it deteriorate for 11 years. New people coming in and making the same mistakes over and over. The company was good at the Clayton Group level, then BV bought us. When they went public we went down fast. I like the people I work with, but upper management really didn't know what they were doing. They have made very poor decisions. And didn't really care about their employees, just the bottom line for the public.
Pros
It was close to my home
Cons
Upper Management is detached from what is really going on.
Exciting work enviorment
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 17, 2018
I learned a lot with this company. I enjoyed learning the structure of building homes and commercial offices & hospitals. Worked hand and hand with inspectors.
Could be worse
Laboratory Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 13, 2018
Management can really drag their feet on things but they genuinely care a lot. They are in a weird transition at the moment so it often feels as if nobody has their ducks in a row. Honestly it's not a bad place to work because hours are flexible, it's not awfully hard, and the busy seasons aren't awful. Pay is decent but it is definitely not high.
Pros
Monthly small events
Cons
Salary position but basically hourly without OT
Interesting
Product Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 24, 2018
I wouldn't call it your everyday "normal job", There is a lot to learn and understand given what we do on a daily basis which makes this job more stressful some days then others.
Great co-workers, bad company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 16, 2018
This company does not care about its employees, just the bottom line and making shareholders happy. Great co-workers, but they fire people on a dime. The entire HR department was let go and we have never been introduced to the new HR division. You should only view this company as a stepping stone to better things.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Company - not great
Lots of travel, hard on the family life.
Senior Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 2, 2018
Interesting job assignments with a lot of traveling worldwide. Difficult for a consistent balance for family life as you are always gone from home. When finally at home, always on call for the unexpected assignment to leave on short notice. Have to request time off (including weekends) to spend any enjoyable quality time with the family..
In Need of Improvement
NA - Office (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2018
This company has been in business for over 200 years, yet unfortunately they do not have it together esp. certain depts. such as HR. Employees are not properly developed, they lack training, and they are not clear in there expectations because they don't know. When you have a company that their dept. (HR) changed in 3 years, 6 times, it is questionable. The blind leading the blind. Stressful, overwhelmingly disorganized and very dis-functional.
good
PL/SQL Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 13, 2018
BV is very good company. Co-workers are very co-operative and very friendly environment. Caterpillar employees always ready to help. Very friendly env
cut throat and very low pay
Measurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Arthur, LAMarch 9, 2018
you are going to be under paid and when you find a new job in the same type of work they will take you to court.They lie to you and promise things that you will never see.
Great place to learn management
Client Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
This job has taught me to handle a large work load. In addition to mastering time management. This job also teaches you how to prioritize. The most enjoyable part of this job are the people.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Stressful and Poor Moral
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Workloads are not distributed evenly. Employee moral is very low. Management doesn't provide adequate training/ assistance. Management doesn't care about their employees, they are only concerned with the overall company profits.
A great place to start
Sample control coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 15, 2018
BV is an excellent place to start your career. Excellent work culture. The company isn't perfect, but they try to make it an excellent work experience.
Pros
Solid Experience
Cons
tedious work
Quick-paced work environment that keeps you on your toes.
Client Specific Operating Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Bureau Veritas is a corporate office landscape that demands fast-paced results, quick turn-around-times and a versatile list of responsibilities from its employees. It is a great environment for those looking for a platform to show leadership and to have an opportunity for career advancement. It has great benefits and a friendly work environment.
Pros
Benefits, People
Great Global Company , not forthcoming with new department
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 26, 2018
I’m currently Not Very Please with the share of information and future of the newly developed fire and security division. Company is excellent in core training and educational programs
professional workplace
Executive Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  VietnamJanuary 22, 2018
Advising customers on testing issues (select the appropriate testing program, test package, prepare sample, select proper Test Request Form (TRF), making the quotation, checking Turn Around Time.
- Solving complaint from customers during the process (from pick up --> log in --> testing --> issue report --> issue invoice).
- Chasing for missing results from related teams to ensure the must issue report can be released within vendor's expected date.
- Coordinating with a technician to recheck the unreliable test result by retesting per vendor's request.
- Supporting customer to translate some test items/ protocol to Vietnamese or vice versa, helping them to contact their agent via email by English for test program explanation, instructing them to understand result in other lab's test report.
A great supervisor, fast pace, and friendly workplace
Inspectorate Summary
Quality Control Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  St. Rose, LAJanuary 21, 2018
Working at Inspectorate was a great experience. They make you feel valued as an employee and even allow you to collaborate during team meetings. They encouraged personal growth and possible job advancements. The pay was great, work was challenging but always exciting, and everyone had a positive attitude in the laboratory.
contract position with nuclear client
Weld Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shoreview, MNJanuary 8, 2018
Reviewed drawings, weld procedures and specifications from supplier base; conducted supplier audits; developed internal weld procedures. BV did a good job matching my skill set to the client's needs. My manager would check in with me from time to time and we'd meet for lunch. I was impressed with the organization. Did not get a chance to go full time with the client but that was outside BV's control.
Pros
the people were always helpful, no bad surprises, pay was good
Cons
there was a lot of expense reporting paperwork