Bureau Veritas

Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Low compensation for multiple tasks added continuously to job descriptions
They’re nice, professional; but you always wonder about management. They do not fully communicate with staff completely. They tend to leave you wondering, until its too late... news has leaked from other places.
Executive Management made this an absolute miserable place to work
While at BV we were subjected to constant restructuring by US Management for no apparent business reasons. The managers that were longest tenured and that were the backbone of the company were either forced out due to their salaries or made miserable to the point they resigned. The executive VP for the US is completely in over her head and is an extremely volatile and poor manager.
Not an employee oriented company
POOR MANAGEMENT, substandard support, POOR PAY for work assignments. Assignment based on management favorites not necessarily qualifications unless its absolutely necessary.
Good for experience, not growth
This company is really hit or miss depending on who and which department you work for. There is the potential to move up very quickly in some areas, but others are definitely stagnant. The morale is also quite low due to corporate savings initiatives including layoffs of valuable employees. This creates a culture of everyone fending for themselves, where the success of one employee is seen as a threat. This is not a good environment if you're a self-starter, willing to learn and wanting to grow in your career.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Awful awful environment
Great pay but terrible working environment. The worst place I have ever worked. The two people in the office who think they manage it but don’t make it miserable for the other employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else!
A great place to start
This company is a great place to acquire office experience. However, pay is lousy and opportunities to advance are limited. The office culture is not bad.
Pros
full time job. Good place to start
Cons
pay is not good. Advancment is hard
Terrible work environment: extremely high pressured and just cruel supervisors
Easily one of the worst career experiences i've ever had. I've seen been gone, but was an employee for 5+ years, and during that time the managers/supervisors were constantly judgmental, rude and pressured you constantly (even though you were doing your job correctly).

I would never ever recommend anyone work at the Buffalo location EVER.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bureau Veritas?
Great place to start out
Great place gain experience in the inspection field. Competitive pay. Urine hair and oral drug testing to be completed before job offer can be fulfilled
good people are working here
Should be strong, healthy, willing to travel weekly as a minimum, should be good educated and trained, should participate in all provided training and meetings.
As a staff member my schedule was extra "overfull", as a Contractor I became independent and have my own time management.
Workplace Culture
My workplace is very diverse and keeps customers satisfied daily . We process orders and package them here at our facility . It is our duty to keep our customers happy and get them their products ASAP
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
No Integrity
Let me just summarize that the only enjoyable parts of my position were working with PCR, Microbiology, and a couple of coworkers. Before accepting the position, I thought I had a clear understanding of what was going to be asked of me, that I was fairly accommodated AND THAT THIS WAS NOT A PRODUCTION JOB. Wrong.The site is understaffed and hats I should not have had to wear were worn. Some days were just those tasks and then was chastised for not having the skills needed for the position the supervisor was looking for. There was drama everyday and seemed to be just swept under the rug until it got to be overwhelming for management and the staff, not to mention the disorganization in environment, process, and scheduling. New people are expected to be everything the department needs from Day 1.The hardest part of the job was being made feel like you're not good enough any job because you can't do 4+ things at once and made me have a negative perspective on lab work and Production. THEN, I had to haggle HR about getting my last paycheck because they forgot about it.
Thankful I have found another position and I'm not going back to the lab environment for hopefully...ever. But if I had to, it definitely would not be with this company.
Coordinator
(Inspectorate) Management needs improvement! Unprofessional environment. If I had knew then what I know now, I would have never took the job. I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy.
Environmental Monitoring Technician
It's a position that requires a lot of walking and climbing in and around process units and storage facilities. The job doesn't offer much in regulatory experience, but it's a good entry level job.
Nice place to work.
Hardest part of the job are the hours. During your 4 day shift you are on call 24 hrs. a day. It is not uncommon to work 24 to 30 hours straight. Overtime is unlimited.
Hard Driving company
Lots of organizational change with new leadership. Must be willing to work long hours with significant travel. Great technical expertise within the company
Productive and fun workplace
A typical day at work started at 8:00 am, collaboratively plan my day, and make sure that the most urgent work gets done first. Everyday was a learning experience, Management could of use a little more effort. Workplace culture is a big one your working with different departments its a mix organisation. The hardest part of the job not getting the training needed its self learn. What I've enjoyed part of my job Coworker and the flexible.
Buena
Empresa buena para trabajar. Tardan en solucionar las cosas pero la solucionan.
Hard Job / Life balance
The workload they have is very high, people are leaving the company and instead of hiring new staff, they are distributing the responsibility overloading staff.
Terrible Company and Pay
You're just another number. They don't treat you like an actual employee. They pay is terrible and they still try to overwork you. The culture and management is terrible. Stay away.
Challenging job requiring great management skills
Fast paced and rewarding work, requiring a large degree of schedule flexibility to meet client and regulatory body requirements. Management very supportive with a positive work place culture. Hardest part is to get foreign shipbuilder buy-in to their responsibility to comply with regulatory and statutory requirements.