Burger King Employee Reviews

Found 23,618 reviews matching the search See all 31,135 reviews
It was a job.
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Salmon, IDNovember 20, 2018
My time at Burger King was very dull for me. My aunt was my manager and even though that makes it sound like I can get away with a lot. That wasn’t the case, she held me to a higher standard then she held anyone else.
Pros
I got discounts on food
Cons
The people I worked with where snobby
Burger was one of the best jobs I've had
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLNovember 20, 2018
I loved working at Burger King.It's a great company and I hated leaving.The Management staff was one of the best,they treat everyone with respect and I would still be there if I didn't have to move.
fun workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 20, 2018
Family friendly restaurant. I had my first job here and I learned a lot about how a restaurant is run and what goes on behind the scenes. I learned how to make the food and work the cash register as well
Productive workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 20, 2018
For the most part it was fun coming to work more often then none but often there were issues with scheduling and management didn’t quite have a grasp on the staff
Pros
Free lunch
Great Place
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 20, 2018
It was amazing working there, the people were amazing. Would work there again. The hours they have me working are too much for me. I don't get paid enough to get treated like the gum on the bottom of their shoes by customers. I made great friends while there and I learned how mean people can be over simple, easily fixable mistakes.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
short breaks
Alright
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WINovember 20, 2018
Typical day at work was managing my own shift and have to figure out who went where. Make sure everything was going well and have to meet goals at the end of my shift. Good environment and friendly co workers. It got crazy when it was rush hour.
Pros
Good co workers
Cook
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 20, 2018
I really didnt like the way they handled there business at burger king. Managers were not on point of authority at all. They ise to let the employees do whatever they please. Just couldn't stay there any longer. Popeyes was my best job ever.
Excellent
Assistant Manager / Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Haltom City, TXNovember 20, 2018
Very good place to work at if you are a student in school looking for a job. This job is also a wonderful place to work for. Also, they work around your schedule in touch situations.
Busy
Cook (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 20, 2018
Always have something to do must think on your feet 24/7. Maintaining focus on duties. Make a great impression on the District Manager and he/she will make sure you make it to the top. Great advancements in the company.
Pros
Lunch breaks, chance to advance based off work performance
Cons
Lots to remember
High paced
Hourly Employee (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PANovember 20, 2018
Very fast paced at times and can be very stressful. The days you work you get a half priced meal. If you cover someone's shift you get a free meal. Relaxed employees.
Burger King is to messy
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARNovember 20, 2018
Burger is more like a job for high school kids that’s looking to make some money not grown people because of the pay and the messy workers there when I first started I liked Burger King but now .
Pros
You get time off
Cons
It’s to much go on in there
It’s slow.
Customer Service/ Food Preparer/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cleburne, TXNovember 19, 2018
Burger King is pretty slow for the most part, except during lunch time. It’s a great place to start off if it’s your first job. I don’t really like the pay though, but it just depends in which store you work at.
Good
Cook and Deep Clean (Former Employee) –  Selma, CANovember 19, 2018
It was a good place to work at. It was slow-paced for the most part . It was stressful at moments during a rush hour but besides that it was a breeze. Training was up to date.
Fun starting job for all people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sartell, MNNovember 19, 2018
It's really fun some days. And others are completely awful. All said I enjoyed 6 years here and it paid my bills I cant complain too much. Great first time job
Great start off job
Kitchen Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJNovember 19, 2018
Very stressful. Usually work 2 sandwich stations by yourself. The truck was always late. Pay was good though. A lot of customers came there and a lot of complaints about the cashiers.
Pros
30 min Break, amazing management
Cons
No teamwork
Fast
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Williamston, SCNovember 19, 2018
Here we had more business throughout the day so it was a faster pace. I had many responsibilities, including cleaning the front, taking orders, memorizing deals and handing out food. I had to stock both the front and behind the counter if anything was low. I sometimes would close meaning I had to hard clean things like windows the floors, and sanitizing handles and tables.
Pros
discount free lunches
Cons
fast paced
Awesome customers and crew
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Roswell, NMNovember 19, 2018
I really loved working there and I really loved my customers. I did not like the way the new owners treated my management team or myself. The owner was very disrespectful towards me. I had never been treated that way.
Pros
Customers and employees were awesome
Cons
Owner was rude
productive but annoying
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALNovember 19, 2018
A typical day was crazy. I learned a lot. Management was okay. Workplace culture was dope ( no drug reference). The most enjoyable part was talking to my coworkers.
Pros
doing my job
Cons
doing my job
fast paced
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Salem, ORNovember 19, 2018
got there clocked in washed hands started working, i was closer the last one to leave the store so i cleaned stocked washed dished shut down the store
Pros
free lunch
Cons
language barrier
Very hostile environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, VANovember 19, 2018
A lot of employees were treated very poor. The store manager was very hostile with certain individuals and didn't have the skills on how to appropriately talk to people
Pros
I was able to get the shift that best suited me
Cons
Hostility

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

58K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP40%
In the Top 40% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Burger King.

Powered by Comparably