Burger King Employee Reviews

12.6K
Found 21,508 reviews matching the search See all 28,434 reviews
Disgusting
Genral employee (Former Employee) –  Spanaway, WAJuly 19, 2018
I've worked in fast food previous to Burger King and never have I experienced such poor quality in management, staff, and food preparation.

To begin with; Managment.
I worked at the Spanaway location in WA state. There was one manager in particular that I had been warned by employees was scary, rude, and mean. I have dealt with some pretty impatient managers in the past so I thought it was nothing I couldn't handle. Upon working with this manager for the first time I was appalled. She had highly unrealistic standards for her employees, talked to them in such a rude and unproffesinal manor that it made me sick, and clearly chose favorites over other employees. Upon when I first begun working there she promised me things and never once did she fulfill them or give me an explanation as to why they didn't happen. (Despite me asking). When she had any issues with an employee she handled the task by screeching at them, rather then pulling them aside and talking about there behavior. Sometimes employees could hear her. It was very clear that if you didn't suck up to ger and be a yes man that she would take things out on you. Other managers even despised working with her; not that I can blame them.
This particular manager was in charge of scheduling, and "forgot" to schedule me for nearly a month. This was around the time that she so happened to get annoyed with me in the kitchen. Convinent is all I'm saying.
There are other instances in Wich another employee had been scheduled for nearly two weeks straight; walked into her office crying saying that they really needed a break
  more... to Wich she responded "Its not my problem".
This particular manager has failed to recive several employees food certification cards.
She does not hesitate to humbly brag that she doesn't need this job to wich employees eternally respond with "Then please leave".
After treating staff with such poor quality she then continues to prod at why people dislike her. Sometimes I can't tell if she's joking.
You can expected that if your in rush hour and have a full screen of orders that within 30 seconds of a new one popping up you'll be yelled at asking why it isn't finished while your frantically working to finish the other 5 orders.

Staff:
Staff, for the most part, isn't too terrible. However, there are a hanful of employees that either weren't properly trained or don't care beacuse there treated so poorly. Most of the staff is young, like myself, so I try not to judge there sense of charchter or work standard to highly.
For the most part it isn't even the employees who are the problem its management not letting them accomplish certain goals. Nightime shift has it particularly hard because the shift before that does not do dishes. This stacks up over time and can lead to a good hour and half past closing time of nothing but dishes. Ive been told that its beacuse managment tells them to work on other things; buts its also partially due to employees not wanting to do it.

I dont expect allot from a fast food job but the lack of proper management and unproffesinalism is disgusting. I would recommend that you work anywhere else but here.
Pros
None.
Cons
Managment
Didn't like there hours and they didn't give free meals
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2018
There hours were 15-30hrs a week and they never wanted to give us a raise. And we had at least 5 general managers within a year. So we never had the same schedule or good hours.
Pros
Food is good
Cons
Hours
The job to me wasn't anything I would recommend to anyone.
Burger King Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kingsland, GAJuly 18, 2018
Most of the time we were understaffed. The managers never helped and you where on your own most of the time. Tines were never met and they always blamed the staff instead of finding ways to improve they pointed fingers.
Cons
Hardly any breaks.
it was my first job very fast paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 18, 2018
Fast Paced most of the time. Managers was nice and easy going which mean training was better for you. The work place environment was hot a lot of moving around cooking food .
Pros
discount on food
Cons
busy sometimes
Greasy
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Thorndale, PAJuly 18, 2018
Though the job had a great pace, I eventually left because of exposure to food grease. My sensitive skin was breaking out. Fryer grease (canola oil in this case) is disgusting.
Very erratic environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sherman Oaks, CAJuly 18, 2018
Management was much better in the beginning until it was changed. Nothing there is ever consistent and they have a very strong bias towards the older workers there.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Unprofessional management
Poor management and low pay
Food Artist and Broiler Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with my friends and gaining experience for the first time. Overall, I did not enjoy the lack of benefits and pay at Burger King. I made sandwiches and fried the food. I would not recommend working at this establishment.
Pros
First job experience. Learned more about the work environment structure.
Cons
Low pay and lack of benefits.
Rewarding
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
I often worked 5 days a week after school from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. It was a very exciting job, allowing me to make many friends and interact with people of all cultures. My managers trusted me enough to do things on my own without being told, so the environment was typically relaxed, although it was a fast food restaurant.
Very productive and a great place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 18, 2018
This is a very nice comfortable family oriented place. Kids love it here and seeing a kids face light up was always the highlight of my days working there.
Crew member
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJuly 18, 2018
a typical day at work. And management was good. Friendly work environment, the hardest part was nothing. being there everyday was my most enjoyable part.
Decent Place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Westfield, WIJuly 18, 2018
I worked at BK for 5-6 months. I had to quit as my family was going to relocate elsewhere. It was a good fast pace but relaxed environment. It was a good place to work while I was there.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Wish I had more hours
good experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 18, 2018
while working at burger king I learned a lot about fast food restaurants. the employees were nice and hardworking and always were communicating with each other. Unfortunately the burger king I was working closed and I am now left without a job. I was happy about my job experience at burger king. I got to know the company really well. The restaurant was very clean and we had constant customers come in.
Pros
paid for half of your lunch
Cons
short breaks
very great place to work for starter job
cook (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work when your Attending colleges, gives you 4 to 5 hours a day enough to pay for your college books and gas for your car. It really not career to live off of, basically its not something you can get rich off of. Staff and management are very friendly, help you out If you don't know what your doing. very fast, quick pace so not time for slowness. they give you every lunch breaks, example if you have a 8 hour shift they give you two 10 minutes and one 30 minute break
Pros
pros they give you every breaks
Cons
short breaks, help on breaks, get super hot in kitchen, not enough help in bck of store, need to close drive thru earlier, need longer hours
Great Place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morgan City, LAJuly 18, 2018
Some days was a challenge when you have call ins. It was a very friendly environment. There was always an opportunity to advance. Knowing what the customer wanted before they ordered made their day.
Pros
discount on food
Was not good
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJuly 18, 2018
I would not recommend this job to anyone started part time making 15 hours a week then they cut my hours really bad. The people working there were not helpful at all so it was very unmotivating working there.
Great job
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 18, 2018
I live my position at burger king. Its very fast paced environment and always have an opportunity to advance up in the company if you want to. They have 7 values that we live by everyday at work.
Productive with working wit food
crew member (Former Employee) –  New Paltz, NYJuly 18, 2018
Easy working during the day. learned more about the food in the work place. the hardest part of the job would be when a bus of students would come. The enjoyable part would be breaks eating.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
had to still pay for the food
main cook
main cook (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXJuly 18, 2018
they manager there was not experienced to run a store on his own. i learned alot there and found a way to humble my self. i am thankful for the experience.
Pros
food
Cons
pay
okay
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 18, 2018
its okay youll have to do a lot of standing no communication WHATSOEVER and everything was done half assed. for me to recommend MY burger king would be if your 16 and need the money
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
fast paced job place also fun
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Old Saybrook, CTJuly 18, 2018
i learned to work in a drive thru with being timed while working fast paced and making customers happy fulfilling their orders. fixing them if there is a mistake with anything keeping customers happy and ready to go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Burger King.

Powered by Comparably