Burger King Employee Reviews

Found 24,372 reviews matching the search See all 32,096 reviews
Very terrible work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 1, 2019
Everything is discombobulated, no one does their job correctly. Store manager has favorites and treats people good at first but that quickly changes when she doesn’t get her way. Always late to work, a huge hypocrite, and shortens your hours with out effectively communicating. Do not work here. Everyone had smart mouths and they sit on their butts all day.
Pros
Free food if your a manager
Cons
Rude/nosey employees, rude/ unappreciative boss, work load usually dumped on you
Great first job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2019
Burger King was a great first job, I had time for school, work and still have a social life. If I needed some time off or if I had a ton of homework the managers would help me out and compromise with me. Ex: If I had to write a paper that was due in 3 days, I would call them and ask if I could get off a little early or come in late. Most of the time they would agree, as long as I told them I would make up the extra hours the next week!
Pros
Discounted lunch when you're on break
Cons
When it gets busy
Great job for teens
Production Leader (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PADecember 30, 2018
Working at Burger King is a great job for teenagers, its a good starter job. A typical work day for me was doing multi able jobs by myself. I would run drive-thru, check and take orders for front eat-in customers, also work in the kitchen. I got taken advantage of a good bit but actually didn't mind. I love multi-tasking so it wasn't that bad until I got pregnant with my first child. Before my pregnancy, I would work doubles and be back at work early the next morning. I worked a lot.
Pros
The people i worked with also the some of the customers
Cons
The pay, and working way too much over time
Review Summary
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CADecember 18, 2018
Burger King was a fun experience for me personally. Dealing with one of the most high paced environments I had to learn everything hands-on. That probably was one of the better parts of my experience for me. I learn faster by doing things more hands-on. The management was very good, not once did I feel beneath any other employee. The hardest part of the job would be the fact I had to complete one order of 20 plus orders for a single customer with the line out the door. But at the same time that was hard it was also enjoyable because of the reason so many of us employees would work as a team to get the job done. Not stepping on any toes or getting in ones way.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fast And Friendly With The Best Whoppers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ellisville, MOJanuary 1, 2019
my typical day at work was come in put my things down and go up front to clock in also to make sure i had on my right uniform and my hat & badge the things i learned at burger king was very easy how to make shake , iced coffee and how to work the cash register my manager was on very tip top shape and didn’t like when the employees wasn’t there stuff other then that everybody made that the place was very clean for every customer that came in me being front cashier i also had to make sure the customers had enuff of everything i can say the hardest part would be dealing the some difficult customers and the most enjoyable part was i like that i got the job done
Pros
1$ nuggets
Cons
short breaks
It's great working there, management is messy.
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJanuary 2, 2019
I had an amazing first job at Burger King that I will never forget. I had made many friends and enjoyed my work environment very much. When things got crazy, managers would make it easier by helping out but sometimes you weren't that lucky.

Some managers would hide and take a lot of smoke breaks just to get out of helping their co-workers. Overall though, it is a great first job and great experience.
Pros
Discount on food, New friends, Friendly faces.
Cons
Lazy Management, fluctuating hours.
Has potential
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 30, 2018
Burger King in the Columbus area is primarily owned by the OCEDON franchise Group. While they talk excessively about provided a great bonus structure, salary and position advancement, etc, you never see the money or promotions promised. They care 0 about the quality of life of their restaurant managers. Multiple managers working 7 days a week because they don't hire and working open to closes because there's no help. Company very disorganized with cash and deposit policy and managers often are forced to pay for "missing deposits" because of lack of organization in the restaurants.
No one cares about job
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mason City, IAJanuary 1, 2019
This restaurant some of the people there are awesome but the management an I mean the up upper management are poorly running the store and handling there employees correctly I have worked 92 hours in two weeks only to find out that I made way less then other Co workers that didn't do half of the things I could do. I was a cook, cashier, main closer, inventory, stocked, and cleaned. An was only told "no one asked you to do all of that just your job" after asking for a raise. They do not appreciate there hard workers!!
Pros
Cons
Alot
Low paying job for a reason
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXJanuary 2, 2019
The job requires you to do a lot of things for not a lot of money. Minimum wage for the amount of things required for you to do is crazy. The job is simple and easy enough for practically anyone to do. Just enough customer service and some multi tasking skills will be all that you need. Managers are harsh for no apparent reason and should not be a job anyone should stay at for more than 2-5 months
Pros
Free food, a lot of down time
Cons
No breaks, harsh management
I really liked it there everyone there when I first started with some very friendly. But I requested more hours and but I never received more hours so
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burley, IDJanuary 2, 2019
Is very great work environment. I have a very great time working there, everyone there that works there is so fair and willing to help you first start out. And the managers are very very helpful as well if you don't know what to do you can ask them without any judgment.
Pros
The work to life ratios great
Cons
If you don't sell cookies jobs get cut
Work experience
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAJanuary 3, 2019
My experience at Burger King was good but stressful at times, being the youngest worker was stressful due to the fact that people older than me did a lazy job and their experiences with customers were not where they should be. The managers on the other hand were great and easy to work with. the most enjoyable part for me was interacting with the customers and seeing that they were pleased with their experience. The hardest part was probably when there would be an issue at the store or an incident occurred and leading to customers being upset. I learned responsibility and dealing with all types of different people and personalities.
Pros
discounts
Overall a good company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 6, 2019
Typical day at burger king is to count all money, do a shift report, make sure all prep is done for shift, make sure everyone knows what there primary jobs are and there secondary jobs are, give cleaning list out Then you can start your shift and make sure all customers are being served. The culture was clear and you were to make sure it was followed. The hardest part of my job was to work short handed witch happend every day. The best part of the job was the people you worked with and the customers you served.
Pros
great insurance, free meals, quarterly bounce, ability to frow with the company.
Cons
Working short handed and the turnover was really bad
Great Place to work
Relief Manager (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAJanuary 8, 2019
You go in count your drawer, make sure everything is stocked and ready for your shift, always keep a smile on your face, make your customers happy ALWAYS! I learned a lot about customer service here. I was the Manager and I had to make sure my team stayed focused and took care of the customers. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with angry customers but you do it everyday and always have to make sure they are satisfied no matter what! Customer is always right. I loved working with my work family and the customers.
Pros
Benefits, Money, Discounts
Cons
Short Breaks
A cool place to work, nice people and sort of productive.
Ave S- cashier (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 9, 2019
It was a nice place the people were great. It would get busy night time, but it helped me control my attitude and helped me work on time management. One hard thing about working their was the rude customers and having to learn how to deal with them. It took me a while but i did. The best part was meeting all of my lovely coworkers.
Pros
nice people, chill place to work, good pay
Cons
hard to change schedule, very rude people that come in, the bathrooms would have like needles on the floor.
Having fun doing it right pushing other to enjoy what they are doing.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 12, 2019
Good hospitality speed of service effective customer and communication skills reliable and well-rounded worker resourceful worker meeting deadlines.
Ability to effectively service customers and show them a good experience.
Exceptional ability to effectively multitask several intricate assignments with tight deadlines.
Strong ability to establish successful working relationships both internally and externally excellent organization and coordinating skills and ability to analyze and problem-solve effectively.
Pros
Free lunch, paid vacation
Cons
Short breaks, Medicare
Good place to work, learn and teach. You are able to trust your fellow employees.
Shift supervisor, assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Wapakoneta, OHJanuary 12, 2019
When you work side by side with someone you build connections. You become a team and develop a bond in which you create goals for yourselves. Example, after you are taught how to do everything your team will get better with you and you’re goals will seem more achievable.
Pros
Discounted meals, flexible schedules, and the atmosphere is usually uplifting, Work stays at work so there’s no stress added to your outside life
Cons
Working with others may be frustrating at times.
The burger king I work for we have a good and fun environment, but a lot of employees are not treated fairly.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, TNJanuary 15, 2019
Employees and management could be treated more fairly. Employees who have been there for years and know the store inside and out do not receive raises. Instead of those being considered for management who have been at the store for years managers are hired by just putting in an application.
Pros
Good people and good environment
Cons
Poor treatment of Managers and employees
Fun Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hermiston, ORDecember 14, 2018
The mornings at burger king are mostly slow, lunch time is hectic, snack time is when it starts to slow down, then dinner comes back around which causes for a more faster paced workplace along with stress and sweat but we have to keep the customers happy. Either way, late night is when we are finally more relaxed and get time to catch up on cleaning and stocking up for the last small rush.We go home tired and ready for a good nights sleep.
Pros
Our 50% discounts
Cons
Short stress problems
I worked more than 12hrs a day with no break they was late paying me and my co-workers were bullying me trying to get me to quit
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 13, 2018
The old crew that was there was okay but the new hires were rude lazy and so was the manager he would go on breaks and leave the store to me and whoever was there. and my co-workers took my phone and one of them snatched a charger from my hands. They also falsified my work tickets and did not switch me over to the new company name the manager said oh you have to wait for us to pay you not very good managers they would yell at you threaten to fire you everyday
Pros
Cons
everything
Misscomunication with management
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Helena, MTDecember 12, 2018
My first day of work I was told I was supposed to be there at 11 when my boss told me after orientation to come in at 5 and I've only worked here for a day and I applied for afternoons and nights and my second day I'm getting put on mornings I am not morning person so I really hope I wake up in time for my shift I love the workplace and everyone I work with but the scheduling is my main problem right now
Pros
50% discount
Cons
Will completely ignore your availability hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

58.3K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss