Burger King Employee Reviews

Steedy pace work invoroment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hamlet, NCApril 20, 2018
Work was ok but management was not the same. Work picked up during lunch hours and between 7 and 9. Had to keep the station clean at all times. It was company policy.
Fun
Asst. Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Gillette, WYApril 20, 2018
It was fun and fast paced I learned A lot in my management role. I also met lots of awesome people. I was privy to working with many people from around the world and had the opportunity to experience many different cultures.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
highly stressful
Fast paced, stressful, easy to learn
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAApril 20, 2018
As a manager working long shifts from 10-12 hours a day, no breaks, stressful to control staff and accommodate to customers. Learned how to communicate with guests, how to work well with staff as a team for success, how to lead my team for best results. Hardest part of managing was making sure your employees got the best results and stayed on top of their duties as desired. Most enjoyable part was becoming close with a smaller staff and creating good relationships with regulars. Was easy to move up in the company from crew to management if you did your job well and wanted best for the company.
Pros
Management and team leads got free meals
Cons
No breaks unless minor
Could be paid more
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 20, 2018
A fun place to work due to the personality of many of my co workers all beit stressful and under staffed most of the time leaving you to run 2 stations alone
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low paying under staffed and stressful
Last store manager at that time was very unprofessional.
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTApril 20, 2018
The company was great to work for but I did not like that management team because it consisted of three women who would verbally abuse the employees and any confidential information that had to do with any of the employees, they would let the whole crew know.
Pros
Fast paced environment
Cons
Management Team
Interesting
Team Leader/ Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 20, 2018
Interesting job experience. Too much to go through right now, but I've been there for 3 years and for the time i was there it was decent however i meet more skill levels and expertise than burger king so its time to move on to something bigger and better.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Drama
its a comfortable and great workplace
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Jackson, OHApril 19, 2018
the workplace at burger king is decent. my typical day at work is fast pace handling and have to communicate with the crew at the job. clean is king burger king makes it clear with the crew to keep area clean and organize and wash hands all the time. The culture is great the customers are satisfied and happy and its a competitive place so crew has to come in with the same attitude to keep the customers happy so they will come back for more whoppers.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no benefits
Sucks
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 19, 2018
You know it sucks to work here. I know it sucks to work here. Don't work here unless you really need the money. They treat you terribly and you get paid very little. Long hours, not many breaks.
high paced enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 19, 2018
I worked Burger king for most of my career I know the business very well can think outside of the box to keep the business running along with keeping things maintained with my knowledge of the brand.
Pros
free meals
Cons
no 401k and room for advancement
Great work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hopelawn, NJApril 19, 2018
I worked there for about 4 years. It helped me grow throughout my teenage years into a young adult, learning how to deal with customers and problems, money and also even learning how to make some different foods and drinks. Alot comes with working fast food and burgerking was a big impact in my life with everything I’ve learned from working there.
Pros
Learning/Experience
Cons
No raises, no career advancement
Great Co-Workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Longview, WAApril 19, 2018
While working at Burger King, my duties were customer service, cashiering and custodial activities such as busing tables and dishes. My main duty was towards the customers by keeping a positive attitude and ensuring they have a good experience at Burger King.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No benefits
the job is to ghetto
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 19, 2018
to many people working there that's family so people get certain privileges. The job needs to be more professional from the managers to the workers. To many people coming to work smelling like marijuana as well to many guys with there pants sagging.
Pros
good job
Cons
to many of the wrong people running the show.
something for you to at least get a little knowledge of customer services
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTApril 19, 2018
working at the burger king in north haven have its advantages and disadvantages were the advantages is that you can work well with fellow co workers work at as a team show compassion toward customers but the disadvantages though is definitely poor management where general manage take credit for others work always blame others for his mistake taking advantages of others when it comes down to scheduling also you have coworkers thinking they're the best than others also got general manager having favoritism when other coworkers so my opinion of that place isn't really something you wanna work at i mean you basically it aint career rise at all its only good for learning customer service skills and being able to perform under pressure but other than that its waste of your time if you wanna suffer at the hands being treated like your a underdog
Pros
employee discount
Cons
poor management
nothing to say
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXApril 19, 2018
i left this job a few years ago.. can do better in hours as well as in the wage too. should offer better benefits not just for full time..............
not bad
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  West New York, NJApril 19, 2018
its a nice place you would meet new people and if your burger king is located in a nice environment you'll be good... but if you working at a burger king in a bad environment you'll see a lot...words are enough :(
Great for experience but you are not viewed as a valued employee.
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 19, 2018
I wish it were a bit different in regards to the worker development. It is more like a dead end rather than a catalyst for better and brighter opportunities. Work here if you wish to make your money and save your money but do not expect a soul to come to you encouraging your pursuit of dreams and lifetime goals. They just want you to clock in and clock out almost as if no thought is put into the person and their own progression, In my years i have seen many individuals work here and run their lives even things were going pretty well at the time, not saying they couldn't take care of themselves but as older people and managers there should be some effort to encourage positive progression during times off. Just saying.
Pros
Discounted food
good
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scottsburg, INApril 19, 2018
There was one manager who was very mean an aggressive, but otherwise the managers were nice. Always on your feet, but isn't horrible. As a cashier and drive through person you also have to do the dishes, and sometimes I was there late to finish.
Line cook and cashier
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 19, 2018
On a day to day basis my job skills would change some days I would prepare the meats ans sandwiches for the customers and on other days when needed I would fill in as a cashier
Pros
learn new skills
Cons
no room for advancement
Not a long-term job
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Charlotte Hall, MDApril 19, 2018
The management is very poor at my location. Employees are bullied, and there is very low morale. Rules are often arbitrary and strict. Very inappropriate conduct between coworkers and among management.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Short/no breaks, bullying, low morale
Cool first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 19, 2018
Very fast pace. You have to be multitasking with taking orders, cashing out the customer, and be able to deal with complaints. It teaches you a lot working in fast food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

56.8K

InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight