Burger King

Burger King Employee Reviews

United States36,984 reviews

Found 36,984 reviews matching the searchSee all 49,305 reviews
kingfoodfastcrewdiscountmealmanagercustomer

I would recommend for a short period of time working there, but not for a long term.

Great service, but when you’re sick they’ll get angry and still want you to come in. The food is great, but sometimes over do it on the Mayo. Their breakfast is definitely the best food they have.

No skills needed

They will hire anyone off the street with no experience especially young people. If you an older person they work you hard, while the young people stand around, talk on the phone, or talk to each other. They will promote to management from within whether they have management experience or not. It never ends well

Pros

Relaxed

Cons

Hard work for older individual's

Burger King insights

Based on 16,667 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Ok job

Can be good or just ok. Depends on place it can be easy. Customer sometimes are rude and don't respect employees . Team members usually get introuble for things be out of stock but it wasn't our responsibility

Fast paced and fun!

It's a fun, fast paced work environment. Overall, good job, but pay scale isn't great. Management should consider offering more perks besides free food, or increase pay.

Pros

Fun work, management is nice

Cons

Low pay, rude customers

Food Service Job

This job is just what you would expect. It’s food service, so you are on your feet all day, you deal with the public, and get paid at or just above minimum wage to do so. It’s an okay starter job, but nothing to make a career out of.

Fun

Fun place, money. Booty, booty, booty rocking everywhere. I love you work at fun places to have fun and not work. I suggest this attitude for everyone

Disorganized & poorly ran

Don’t properly train anyone before they throw them to the customers, raises only come if you threaten to quit, they will fire & rehire the same people bc no one else wants to work there. Two faced management who don’t support their staff, just talk about them.

It's Burger King

Non-existent training. Manager is never on premises. Shortages galore. Everyone calls out or quits every day. It is exactly as you expect. There is nothing redeeming to working here.

Decent work environment though low wages

Worked at burger king for 3 months and it was my first job . The work as fast paced but not to challenging the main downside is the low wages.........

Productive but struggles are real

Working there gave me a piece of mind of new environments and working hard hours but it’s the experience and the training gets you going. Helping every costumers and bringing out hot food is our priority. I’d believe it was great fun and great time, however it will change perspective of life.

The bad

The General Manager is absolutely horrible and the way BK treats you is like you're nothing and they will do whatever they can to use you and wear you out.

Horrible

If I could I would give it 0 stars. Easy Job though if you aren't understaffed. I did not enjoy the job, you're better off finding somewhere else to be honest.

Pros

Easy if staffed

Cons

Horrible management, doesn't pay well unless if you're manager

Love it

Very good management and good communication bbbbb you have to let me go home computer and watch it and get the money 💴 ooopo your mom has been trying for me and I don’t

Productive workplace, fast paced, half price discount.

Honest and amazing workplace, the managers care about you and able to work around your busy life. They also provide free scholarships and they have friendly staff.

Chill

Burger King, or BK, is perhaps one of the most well-known franchise companies in the United States. Many students in college and high school get their first job in the company as a way of bringing in extra cash, paying for college or taking care of other needs while focusing on school. While the long-standing franchise is most well-known for its minimum wage jobs, anyone looking for Burger King careers will want to know about the environment of the company, the average salary, what benefits the franchise offers and what to expect when they are working for the company.In general, the job training at Burger King focuses on providing good customer service and making the burgers, fries and other fast food items on the menu as fast as possible. The training also focuses on providing accurate meals in a fast paced environment. For anyone working at Burger King, this training helps manage potential rushes when numerous customers come in at the same time and is vital to success in the job.

Pros

chill

Cons

chill

Always something to do, fun place to work.

Good if you have a good manager and good coworkers. Expect to stay busy and on your feet, so get good shoes. Expect to come home smelling like oil every single day. You cannot wash the stink of jalapeno poppers off you, no matter how hard you scrub.

Trash

Trash place don’t work here very unprofessional and don’t know how to treat customers or staff. Would not recommend to work here even if you are in high school.

Stressful

Little pay for a lot of work. Should be given more pay. Stressful environment where staffing is always low and customers are agitated. Company does not care about our wellbeing

Ok but the Bosses are AWFUL

The pay was good, the customers were fine, the only bad thing was the management. It was so bad, that is why i quit. But other than that the job was cool and easy, not hard to learn.

A good place to work

I worked many years in the company in Puerto Rico, good work environment, my co-workers were the best. You work as a team

It’s a good job if you’re just crew.

This specific Burger King is owned and run by JPL managment, they don’t care enough about the store to get it running right they just want to replace people with good work ethic with people who will just do what they say. They only care about times and sales like most corporations. Treat their managers like garbage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Burger King.
Powered byComparably

Compare Burger King with

Burger King reviews by popular job title

• Burger King