Burger King
Happiness rating is 62 out of 100Average

Burger King Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

2.8Pay & Benefits

Found 3 reviews matching the search with 17 related reviews.See all 46,609 reviews

Burger King insights

Based on 8,726 survey responses
What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

I would recommend for a short period of time working there, but not for a long term.

Great service, but when you’re sick they’ll get angry and still want you to come in. The food is great, but sometimes over do it on the Mayo. Their breakfast is definitely the best food they have.

Health And Safety Mess

Not a lot of good to say about any aspect of Burger King. My time there was long enough to see a lot of situations which would leave many never wanting to return again. From difficult management to dodgy coworkers, uncleanliness and lack of concern for anything but money, working there made me fully realize restaurants are ran by humans, and humans with questionable ethics are capable of not-so-good behavior. From forcing management to run the store during renovations, and letting building dust gather on top of everything (including food) with no proper ventilation, to improperly training their managers in food safety. Many situations that would leave a health inspector with their jaw on the floor. I'd think twice of stepping foot inside another store again, never mind working in one.

Stressful and High Pace with little consideration for employees

In my experience working at Burger King I have had 2 different general managers, both of which have been lacking at being sufficient to their job. While working for said managers, I would be called in randomly while not being scheduled on top of already being scheduled full time at times because of lack of communication from what my fellow employees have told them ie. that they would be on vacation 2 weeks from the time they were telling them. On top of that, I would be stuck doing more than what I was trained to do; however, I would receive complaints from my assistant managers about how the production of the store was not up to par, regardless of me doing their job on top of my own. In conclusion, Burger King was an overall good experience for the skills I have learned ie. multitasking, working under heavy pressure and interacting with people. However, I do not feel the job was not at the standard to what I am capable of taking into consideration how I was treated vs the amount of work I would put in.

Pros

Good exposure to hard work and quick thinking

Cons

Poor Management and working rights

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Jobs at Burger King

in Ashburn, VA
See more jobs

Related reviews

17 reviews close to Ashburn, VA

Not worth it

Long hours with bad pay. You don’t get enough for what you do and deal with. Customers are probably the worst part of the job and the days feel repetitive.

Pros

Easy to get hang the of

Cons

Overworked, bad pay, annoying customers

It was alright

There is no such thing as a pay raise in the company you have to work as a manager for a raise. The only raise happens after like a year maybe if they remember to give it to you

Pros

Free food if they allow it

Cons

Everything except free food

fun workplace

it is a good place to gain experience and develop new skills in customer service. the pay is not very good,the benefits are few but the working hours are flexible.

Pros

flexible working hours

Cons

short breaks

Good part time for a 16 year old.

It’s good for a teenager who doesn’t have a lot of responsibility. But for a 17 and 18 year old I don’t recommend you working here. Management was horrible at first and started getting better through out the months. I earned a raise 7 months later. But I’m planning on putting my 2 weeks soon because I no longer want to work with that company.

Pros

50% on food

Cons

Management and Short Breaks.

fast food job

just what you think when you hear starter or entry level job. learn the basics of how to work. how to be on time , working with money and basic things.

hard

it wasn't a great experience, Managers were really rude didn't knew how to treat employs also they would yell at you in front of costumers most of the time they were shorts on people.

Cashier

Cashier , kitchen staff , fast paced , clean dishes , unload deliver trucks and load in the kitchen , clean lobby , bathroom , kitchen , and change oil for fryer

un lugar donde aprender a desenvolverte

yo encargada de la caja, y atendiendo los clientes cuidadosamente para que vallan con su orden .

its a good starting job but know your worth.

I was young when i first got this job, they took advantage of my kindness which is partially my fault, regardless i worked hard and learned as much as i could.

Could be better

I work there and it's honestly not that bad it's just the manager that treats me like I'm stupid and is super biased. She totally just makes the job 100% unenjoyable

I was worked like a dog

I would start at 4pm and I wouldn't leave till 1am. during that time I would have to take orders through the drive thru and in the lobby and clean the lobby almost always by myself

Fast paced work environment and many communicative experiences.Flexible schedule but few staff. Discount only on break on most items but only free small sundae cups for drinks.

very bad place to work for

every thing is bad ,salare ,hours,management ,broken equipment, dirty bathrooms. dirty dining room , out of stock most of thee time , employee appearance is very poor

Productive, and safe work environment.

At Burger King the restaurant was always flowing so sufficiently, the co-workers always had a smile and their face was a very friendly squad, I learned to how to work the broiler, the fryer, and cash register. But the hardest part of the job is when you don't expect the rush of customers in the restaurant and drive thru. Finally, the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the friendliest group of people in that establishment.

Pros

Long breaks

Cons

No free lunches

Fun place to work

I like working at Burger king because it was a friendly atmosphere you got to meet a lot of different kind of people and learn about there culture and how the came to this country

My first job seemed fine

They through you in the deep end and let you learn how to do the work from there. I started my first shift in the morning in the drive through window taking orders and getting paid for the food without learning how to do more than turn everything on.

Terrible Management

General Manager is a great person and works hard. But the Franchise itself is a run-down example of bad business. They have good practices in place, yet provide no inspiration to work there. They do not update their electronics, or provide employee morale enhancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

12.2K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss