Burger King Employee Reviews

Found 26,899 reviews matching the search See all 35,356 reviews
It was okay
Burger King manager (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJune 25, 2019
It was an okay place to work, too much drama honestly. Very high paced environment and managers were always pretty grouchy. Other than that not bad. Just not as it should be.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Advancement
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lauderdale Lakes, FLJune 25, 2019
Burger King is a fast paced work environment that is constantly on go. Be here you would have to have self control especially dealing with customers no matter your placement.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Break times
Fun coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJune 25, 2019
While most of the people I worked with were kind hearted and easy to get along with, the management was biased and chose favorites, choosing who they wanted to be nice to.
Pros
Keep busy
Cons
Poor management
Stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2019
BK was not the best place to work. I worked as a cashier at first and then learned to be a cook. I worked at bk for a year a didn't get one raise in that time spam.
Stressful
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 25, 2019
I liked this job in beginning but then got stressful due to assistant managers having attitude and did not want to help. Letting crew members do as they please.
Pros
Great general manager
Cons
Unorganized
Poor service
Cook (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJune 25, 2019
Very nasty work place , poor service. Everybody has an attitude never gets my order right , I’d never recommend anybody eat or work for this burger king
Great first job
Burger King Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, GAJune 25, 2019
It's a great job for ppl still in school. But not for everyday bills. But they have very Greta management in Hazlehurst Ga. And I would recommend any high school student to go work there.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
Not that many hours
did not like working there
cashier, dishwashing, broiler (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 25, 2019
not enough hours pay was low no benefits management was horrible did not like the working atmosphere just plan did not like working there at all only perk was 50% off food while working
Provide customer service for fast food industry.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAJune 25, 2019
My typical day at work consisted of starting my shift off stocking items needed for the day or night. Taking orders from customers coming in or at the drive thru window, cleaning up the lobby. Working at burger king I learned how to work in a fast paced workplace. I also learned how to work as a team to get things done. The management was hands on and helped us if there was a lunch rush. The hardest part of my job was making a mistake and having to get get someone else to help me fix it. The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying the customers when the came for a quick meal and they got it at a timely matter
Pros
Free Lunch
Good first job
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAJune 25, 2019
I recommend this job for people who are just starting out and not for long term work unless you plan of becoming manager or along the lines of management.
Pros
50% off food and good co workers
Cons
Short brakes
the place sucked
Breakfast Cook (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJune 25, 2019
the place sucked when working with burger king the employees are lazy most of the time your working by yourself in a rush and managers will just stand there and watch you struggle
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pleasantville, NJJune 25, 2019
The worst place to work at honestly. No benefits for the crew members, horrible management and inconsistent schedules. I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there.
Dont work there they don’t care about there employees they screw u over
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Englewood, FLJune 25, 2019
I hate Burger King they screwed me over wanting me to quit being on disability so I can work at a crumby job with no benefits it sucked working there!
Productive workplace
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJune 25, 2019
In the beginning everything was fine intil i started getting scheduled on days i couldnt work then after my trip i stopped getting scheduled completely so im not getting hours i need
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Sketchy management
it was ok...was my first job when I was 16
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  South Burlington, VTJune 25, 2019
Was ok of a place for teenagers...like I was at the time...pay was mineral wave but that happens all the time...slow days meant cleaning nonstop, like sweeping the floor 8 or 9 times in one day...
Pros
discounted lunches
Cons
no breaks, no pay rises and it's a dead end job
Good job for someone looking for an easy way to make money, or for someone in school who needs a job while they are at home.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PAJune 25, 2019
The day-to-day tasks are simple. Things can get hectic when it's busy both in the dining room and the drive thru, but overall if you can keep up with the pace and have a good set of others there to help keep things going smoothly, it can be a fun part-time job.
Pros
discounted meals
fun employees and interesting atmosphere
Cashier, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tewksbury, MAJune 25, 2019
my time working their was pleasant but i question my pay because i thought i was working full time. the food was could and we got 30 minute breaks every 4-5 hours and i got to take food and drinks home when my shift ended if i worked the night shift.
Fun easy place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Petersburg, VAJune 25, 2019
Loved my experience at Burger King the work was fun and very easy . Learn to work in a very fast pace . The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and the free food .
Fast and friendly
Porter/Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAJune 25, 2019
Best part of working at burger king was working with good friends and having fun while working. Hardest part of the job was cleaning the broiler but once you learn the trade it's gravy.
It was fast passed but I think the store couldve been store managed better
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALJune 25, 2019
I loved my job when I was the only manager there. When there are more than one leader things seem to get a little intense. I do think it coudve been run better. Our meetings werent very productive and I think our crew shouldve been trained better.
Pros
free lunches was ok
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

59.1K
49.2K
39.8K
23.8K
13.4K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Burger King.

Powered by Comparably