Burgerfi Employee Reviews

customers have no way of knowing staff can accept tips so almost never get any
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  NMB, SCSeptember 28, 2018
The summer time is especially stressful there, buses of sports teams constantly overtake the whole place and usually understaffed with teens and J1 Visa workers.
Pros
employee/family discount on food
Cons
high volume of tourists in the summer, and usually understaffed
The Anatomy of Burgerfi( the good, the bad, and the in between)
Assitant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 27, 2018
I worked at Burgerfi for 2 years as an assistant manager, 4 different stores and this is what I saw.

Overworked people, underpaid pockets.

now lets start with the good

Good: Employees: good fellowship(well at least with my crew) this could be a coin-toss though because not everyone is guaranteed a good atmosphere but due to the conflicting nature of the business, you will need help from your allies.

Flexibility: Managers are willing to work with your schedule

Free Meals: no worries about bringing in your food

The Bad: Underpaid: the love to throw managers on salary then overwork them and have them work AT LEAST 20+ hours overtime....If they claim they want to make you a manager, tell then you can but you will remain hourly...trust me they will need you and you will need that OT

Favoritism: yes indeed, it happens here.

Management: after working at 4 different stores, I gather that BFI fails to mold and create competent managers.... all the managers over here like to do is work early morning STACKED with a huge crew,(which is not even needed because night shift always makes more) then leave night crew understaffed and complain.(very backwards)

they have issues with balancing out Labor properly. Meaning either people get sent home, ordering to much food,etc. BFI needs to teach upcoming managers how to MANAGE these issues and be PREVENTATIVE.

Lack of Preparation: Since the Managers are mainly self-centered and absorbed for the most part, they only care about making it through their day and not the day...many times the crew would find ourselves without
  more... items in stock such as bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, BUNS.

The In Between:

INSANE EMPLOYEE TURNOVER: Yes, the worse I have ever since at anyplace, like a revolving door.

No Benefits: now this 1 is a coin-toss....some BFI's have benefits some don't, but out of the 4 stores I worked at only 1 had it...do the math

Overall: I know nobody decided to read this and particularly I just wrote this because I had the time to, but if you did read this because of your interest in BFI, do yourself a favor and turn the other way.... I been through it all and BFI does not seem to attempt to fix the anatomy of the development of their management anytime soon

LAW OF THE LID is something I live by on a daily basis. To give you an example, if your leadership rates an 8, then your effectiveness can never be greater than a 7. If your leadership is only a 4, then your effectiveness will be no higher than a 3. Your leadership ability—for better or for worse—always determines your effectiveness and the potential impact of your organization.

WHY I WROTE THIS NEAR 3K BOOK ON A REVIEW: My reason is 3 fold:

1: for you

2: for Burgerfi as in hopes that they actually fix their dog system. they have a wonderful concept...great product...but they need the right men in chariots to help the company trot along to success.

3: for me, cause I'm bored. lol

Good luck on your future endeavors,
Restaurant is closed.
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  Malibu, CASeptember 20, 2018
The restaurant closed down. Other than that, they were pretty flexible with your work hours as long as you let them know in advance. It could very hectic and fast-paced on the weekends because that's when we were the busiest.
I loved working here
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 20, 2018
I love working for burgerfi. I'm only leaving because the distance is to much for me . The pay was great for how easy the job is and there a super clean place . I would love to stay and in the future I may go back
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Distance not really any cons
great place
Burgerfi (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKSeptember 19, 2018
Burgerfi is a great place to eat, food is always fresh and employees are always smiling. Food is served quickly and is all natural plus it has an open kitchen.
very strict but friendly people
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GASeptember 17, 2018
im came in late one time and my manager basically fired me without telling me and hired someone else for my position. i felt as if i should have been told that was a huge problem with them and that they were going to let me go so i could find another job in the meantime but overall the experience was great i really loved it, they gave me a lot of great tips i eventually used at my other jobs in the future and i even made a good friend while working there.
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management
Thankful for what I was able to learn
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 11, 2018
BurgerFi helped me grows in ways that I am very appreciative of. The training that I received there helped me in my management skills and taught me how to run a restaurant successfully.
Fun Place To work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 10, 2018
It is a fun environment but management wasn't professional or consistent. it is a wonderful place to bring family but a horrible place to work. i personally wouldn't refer anyone unless it was under new management.
unpredictable, fun
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 8, 2018
It was a good experience. I got to learn how the food is prepped and all the health and sanitation codes there at BurgerFi. And how the food is stored so that the food is kept within the food safety guideWith the great culture, you're able to improve your skills and move up with the company to get a larger salary and more skills. It's a great place to work.lines.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unstable staffing
Experience.
Prep (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLSeptember 3, 2018
It was a good experience. I got to learn how the food is prepped and all the health and sanitation codes there at BurgerFi. And how the food is stored so that the food is kept within the food safety guidelines.
Pros
Free Lunch
interesting but busy experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTAugust 31, 2018
busy but interesting working with customer service taking orders, keeping dining area clean for the next customers coming in. I also would make milkshakes and custard cups, and i always would check bathrooms frequently to keep them clean.
Pros
discounts on food
Cons
lazy employees, rude customers
very stressful and fast paced
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 29, 2018
there was never enough people working for the amount of buisness they recieved. overall if they paid a bit more and cared about employees staying there it wouldve been a better experience.
Pros
good food
Cons
extremely busy and understaffed
good place for growth
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 26, 2018
Pros
bonuses
Fast pace but a positive environment.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 20, 2018
Burgerfi had good management at the time I worked there. A typical day consisted of a slow time where you were able to do all your tasks that are required to be done throughout the shift, such as: restocking inventory, and a clean work station and restaurant. A typical day also consisted of a very busy time where you had to act fast on taking orders and making custard desserts and checking the food, it could be a little stressful at times. I have no complaints of working at Burgerfi but you do need to be able to do many things at once in a smooth manner. My favorite part about the job was the positive environment, the great food, and great staff.
Pros
Free meals once a shift, discounted food items, and flexible hours.
Cons
Short breaks and fast pace.
Alright place
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 19, 2018
worked there for a couple month under a tulmutuos gm, poor communication and management coupled with drug use led to him eventually being fired, but his replacement was good either
Pros
manager meals, interactions with customers
Cons
food is pricey and management is poor
Awesome
Assistant General Manager (AGM) (Current Employee) –  Windermere, FLAugust 17, 2018
Enjoyable job, been there two years and I love it. Staff is great and management teams are awesome. It’s always a positive work environment and a lot of advancement opportunities.
My favorite job.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 14, 2018
the work wasnt all that good. but I met some one the greatest people. everyone was willing to work together and got along. great friendships. the customers ruined it most of the time but my overall experience it is my favorite job.
burgerfi
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLAugust 14, 2018
I love there food and management. Everyone is nice and we the managers try to work with everyone when it comes to the schedules. If you never been there you should make a trip there!!! I met some great people while working there and I'm sure if you get hire there you will feel the same.
Pros
free food
Cons
N/a
Productive and sometimes hectic workplace.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 10, 2018
It was a good summer job to start with till people started leaving and we got very short staffed. Some managers were not very great at managing and did a lot of slacking.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short Staffed
Needs Improvement
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  COAugust 8, 2018
The owners of the franchise were cheap, on a product level and workers. They could care less about how many hours you worked to make cost of living. The owners kept hiring and it creates hour shortages. The managers who are also underpaid were not making their hours. The drama NEEDS to cut down. Also if you are not a fan of being in an awkward situations for costumers where you are kicking homeless people out for either stealing tip money or abusing the bathroom, then that is something to consider. The other employees and managers were kind and considerate. The food was expensive but you got a small discount and a free lunch when you worked 5+ hours. I think the owners ended up taking over a business that was more than they could handle.
Pros
free lunches on break
Cons
drama, not enough hours, bad work enviorment