Burke Medical Center Employee Reviews

People loved to pass the blame
Employee (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAFebruary 7, 2018
Members from other departments love to pass the blame onto other departments when they fail to live up to standard. Zero chance of advancement! The pay here does not match a person's education level or experience.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, PTO included holidays, etc.
Great place to work!
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJanuary 22, 2018
The people here are great to work with - the flexibility is really good. The community loves this hospital & will support it to the fullest. Burke Medical is fantastic!
Burke Medical Center
Medical Office Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GADecember 26, 2017
Busy every day all day work in the ER Department. Admitting clerks work on the front lines of the hospital and medical profession, and are often the first person people see when coming in for treatment. Admitting clerks greet clients. I think the hardest part is gathering their personal information, insurance, symptoms, and tells the medical staff about the client and their severity of their condition.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
ER Registration Clerk
Admissions Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GA 30830October 18, 2017
Check in patients, gather all personal information along with Insurance Information, answered multiphone system, call doctors, and helped out any way I could. The management at BMC, along with the employee where very stand offish. If you were not in their group,k they tend to ignore you
Pros
close to home
Cons
pay scale
Job work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJuly 10, 2017
They just couldn't keep people working their, because they was always unfair to other people. And they need to get people that can work with other people, and not put them down all the time
Great place
LPN ER (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAMarch 27, 2017
Multiple options to learn more, and expand skills
Management always supportive
You never knew what you would be facing, it was rewarding knowing that your team always had your back.
You never know what to expect from day to day
Dietary Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAAugust 29, 2016
Very trying the customers which were mostly your coworkers were very rude and disrespectful most of the time. I was called out of my name twice for not knowing the price of an item. My dietary co-workers were stuck in their own ways were not open to change, meaning technology. I was offered a managers position, and everyone stopped talking to me, and stated I was trying to take their job. (which was not true). They literally made my last three weeks there impossible to bare. People knew it was wrong but nobody spoke up, Burke Medical Center is a very unfair place to be employed, there is no room to grow there, there is no such thing as equal opportunity.
Pros
The employees insurance
Cons
Off days
Medical records
Medical Records/Vital Statistics Clerk (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAAugust 17, 2015
Great place to work. Very family orientated. Great co-workers. Small company. Personal growth and development. Value their employees.
I enjoyed doing private work
Home Health Provider (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAOctober 7, 2014
A typical at work is very enjoyable doing private duty. I learned new things about the patients every day. I was my own management with no co-workers. There was not a hard part of the day. I loved making conversations with the patients to make them feel better.
Pros
Taking them shopping
Cons
N/a
Working with a great team of therapists
Staff Therapist (Current Employee) –  waynesboro, GaAugust 18, 2014
Working with patients of all ages. General respiratory care, as well as critical care as needed. Often outpatient care such as Holter monitor, Pulmonary Fuction Testing, Arterial Blood Gases, EKG's, and Cardiac Stress Test.
Pros
Working with all age groups
Cons
poor chances for advancement
A very flexible environment
Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GASeptember 24, 2012
The most enjoyable part about the job was interacting with different patients.