Burke Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

Nurse's aide (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 18, 2018
Great place to gain experience as an undergraduate student. You will have a lot of patient interaction and learn how to deal with a wide variety of patients.
decent place to work
Nursing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 18, 2018
A little disappointing in more recent times. It used to be great. Not sure what happened. The nursing department has had an ongoing issue with staffing that never seems to be resolved and no one can really seem to figure out why. Other than that, it is a decent place to work.
Great place to work but bad turn over
Therapist - Full time Staff (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 14, 2018
Great place to work but bad turn over. The work culture is very demanding with limited breaks. Little chance to grow financially or within your career discipline.
Burke Rehab
Rehab Aide (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYNovember 12, 2018
Great place to work, very friendly and professional co-workers. Very clean and fast paced in the outpatient building. Constant work in the facility engaging with many patients on a daily basis.
Fun setting with friendly management
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at Burke Rehab a lot. The management was very friendly, easy to get along with, yet still professional making it an easy environment to advance your career in a comfortable manner. There could be crazy days due to the patient population, however if you enjoy a challenge and being busy, and like the neuro population in acute rehab, I would suggest trying this hospital out! Also the campus is absolutely beuatiful, I took patients outside regularly and they were so grateful to get the chance to see the outdoors during their treatments.
Pros
Great management, great patients, decent equipment, challenging but enjoyable
Cons
Often had to work more than 8 hours a day, weekends were required, holidays were required
Get in and get out
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 15, 2018
Don't get stuck here. Very few opportunities for growth or change if you are a forward thinking person. Most people have worked at the hospital for over 15 plus years and pretty much stick around till retirement.
Pros
403b is offered
Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYOctober 5, 2018
I had some good experience at Burke working with my coworker and the managers Learned about housekeeping, safety in the hospital .l love to work in hotel and hospital because I love to help people.
Don't get stuck if you are seeking personal growth
Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJuly 13, 2018
The work pace is very up-beat at times but the community is very much like a close knit group, can easily get comfortable being there especially if you like the idea of sticking to the same routines day-in-day-out.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No Free Lunch
fun place to work
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 20, 2018
working at Burke rehabilitation Hospital is a very interesting place to work. i have the opportunity to meet and greet many people of different culture. i have learned to be very compassionate and caring toward patients who has a medical condition..management and staff are very friendly. my co-workers and i are very good team player we always tried to get our task done on a timely manner.
Pros
we gets free lunches on special holidays and when there is a bad weather we showed up for work
Cons
short break
Very nice place to work.
Food Passer (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 24, 2018
Loved working with the people and patients. Nice fast paced atmosphere. Seeing patients flourish after injuries. Some of the managers were nice, some of them not but I liked the job.
Pros
Organized
Cons
Not enough hours/fill in
Caring and friendly
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 20, 2018
Great place to work. Everyone is nice for the most part and the staff is excellent. Friendly atmosphere and environment. Can become super busy but that's the job.
Facility is great but have to watch your back with staff
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 5, 2018
Facility is great. Co workers not that great. Some will stab you in the back. Some rn’s treat cna’s as if they have no intellect. Overall it’s a great place for rehab. Have to watch your back and watch what you say and to whom you say it to.
Pros
Cons
Watch your back
Working with internal sources
Contract Writer (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYApril 4, 2018
As a writer, I work with numerous professionals in the organization. They are experts in their field, and very willing to contribute to any projects I have interviewed them for.
Up and down
floor tech (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 24, 2018
Glad that I'm not working there anymore .this place doesn't not pay good .if you need a job take it but look for something else while your working there.
Pros
Sonetimes free lunch
Cons
Gossip
Productive work environment
Unit Management Transporter (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMarch 10, 2018
Great place to work. You get vacation days and health care before one year. Salary is great. Good co-workers throughout the hospital. Friendly staff. Rewarding to work with customers.
The worst place to work
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 10, 2018
Always under staff. they think slavery is still Exist
Not a nice work place for cna,they treat us like we are nobody .u have to go on medical appointment and u don't get back sometime until 7pm in the night which ur schedule to leave work 3pm.
Pros
Free lunch on ur birthday
Cons
Go one med appointment for the whole entire day ur job don't end at 3pm
This was a great medical service and great food in the cafe.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYFebruary 9, 2018
I got great training there. The hardest part was being a contract worker there also. They still have a guy who works there in medical record who watches TV on his computer most of the day. Why is that? Maybe because he is a permanent employee?
Pros
I loved the cooks that worked there. They had skills.
Cons
Some unreasonable expectations.
Good Place to work
Social Worker (Current Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 28, 2018
Burke Rehabilitation Hospital is evolving and keeping up with the ever changing healthcare system. Overall it is a good place to work, learn, and grow.
dedicated to patient care
Rehabilitation Nurse (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 24, 2018
working with a team of healthcare professional including, MD, OT. PT, dietician committed to providing excellent nursing care. RN and CNA working together to prepare patient to go for rehabilitation.
Enjoyable, campus beautiful
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYJanuary 22, 2018
I learned a lot while working at Burke, a typical day was very busy multi-tasking with different assignment to complete in a particular time frame. The staff was great to work with.
Pros
The staff that I worked with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burke Rehabilitation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight