Burkes Outlet Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Andalusia, ALJuly 17, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Burke's Outlet. Hours of operation were great and flexiable. Pay was good. I stayed busy which I love to be and they do offer careers if you stay with the company and work up.
Pros
hours, pay, staying busy, career advancement opportunities
Cons
Almost always start out as part-time
it was fun got too see new shipment evry week come in had nice clothes ect...
Supervisor cashiers and other employees (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 13, 2018
they had everything you need to buy at burkes house hold,mens department, Jrs baby clothes ladies the store was awesome toys school uniforms lingerie ,jelwery, ect...
Pros
some time our boss would buy us lunch
Cons
30 min breaks
Good Job.
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNJuly 11, 2018
I worked there and was happy to work with everyone there. patient and understanding people. as well as a great supportive team. the drop in sales and hours is very hard to adjust to. as well as sometimes miscommunication. and the sales team not fully working together to achieve monthly sales goals.
Pros
401k higher then minimum wage
Cons
Not enough hours starting off, swing shifts
Overall great place to work
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 10, 2018
Very Family oriented people, company cares about employees and customers needs. Good benefits for full time employees, flexible hours, employee discount
I LOVE WORKING HERE . Great customers and work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 9, 2018
i have been here almost 7 months and i love every bit of it. a nice smile and conversation with customers really invites them back to shop with us daily!
The company itself values its employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cayce, SCJuly 6, 2018
Management was always disorganized and dishonest. I really loved my job until there was a change in management. The company is great I wished they hired people who cared as much as they do.
Pros
Discount, fun job, lots of new people to meet
its work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 4, 2018
i love working here just not many hours but pay is good. fun, great experience. nothing else to say about it. thats all i got.........................
Burkes Outlet Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 2, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Burkes. It was a really nice environment. Some issues for me, but nothing major. Other than the issues that I had, I loved working there. Main job is to make customers happy, clean fitting rooms every 15 minutes (which means picking up stuff the customers left behind.), you also had to make sure everything is put up before the next cashier comes in so they did not have to put it up at the end of the night.
Pros
More credit cards we get the better it would be for us
Very Unfair
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJune 30, 2018
Very unfair place to work, they work you to extreme and expect a lot and when you ask for compensation they all but threaten you with firing you if you insist on pursuing that avenue or continue asking for more compensation.
Pros
not much other than the discount when you spend your chech there
Cons
long hours of unappreciated work
Co workers easly to get along with
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Plainview, TXJune 27, 2018
Store manager and assistant manager need to treat there employees with more respect and not favor the reletive or close friend employees differnt from regular employees and to take more responsibility with the constant schedules changes they provide for the employees.
Pros
Store discounts
Cons
Constant scedule changes and to many favorites with employees
Eh
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, TNJune 26, 2018
It was a fun place to work until you got your hours cut because they didn't want you going into overtime just because people didn't show up for work or call someone
Great easy-pace job, great company to work for with competitive pay
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Granite Falls, NCJune 26, 2018
Burkes Outlet is my favorite job so far, the company really cares about their employees (just implemented a Love to Work - Love to Shop program, encouraged us to paint our breakrooms walls and make a friendly space for us to relax in, etc.), when I stared working here about a year and a half ago, i came on at $8.50/hr and then went up to $9.00/hr after my 90 days and we get yearly reviews which are opportunities to get yearly raises depending on your performance, now I think new employees come in at $8.75 and go up to $9.25, so the company is always looking at ways to take care of their people. Once you're hired on after 90 days, you can enroll in a 401k savings plan whether you're full or part time, if you're part-time and you stay with Burkes Outlet for a year, you start earning paid time off and you get paid sick days and then once you move up to full-time you get more PTO and you can sign up for life, vision/dental, and health insurance benefits. I am a Supervisor/Shift Leader at my store in Granite Falls NC, it's never too busy to handle except for on discount days, but even then it's manageable. As long as you have a good manager and a good team to work with, it's always fun and everyone knows whats expected of them so the day and the workload goes by quickly. I want to go as far as I can with this company because again, this is the best job i've had so far and the company really takes care of it's people, I was a Cashier for 6 mths when i got promoted to Supervisor and now im hoping to move up to Lead Supervisor so there is always room for advancement depending on whats  more... going on in your store and where your store is located! (I am currently making 10.50/hr as a Supervisor but again I feel like im paid fairly for the amount of work that I do)  less
Pros
part-time gets PTO after a year, flexible scheduling, laid-back pace, regular customers are super friendly, benefits for full-time employees
Cons
pay could be better, but really isn't bad and every store is going to have it's ups and downs but as a whole, the company is great
This place is unorganized and full of messy staff and management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJune 24, 2018
Management is lazy, all they do is sit in the office all day and talk on their cell phones. They complain about working and gossip about coworkers, sad. Also store manager and supervisors never make schedule based upon Sales Associate availability that they give them. They will intentionally try to get people fired just because they have a personal problem with you, some people who are terrible employees keep their job because they are related to supervisor or store manager.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Short breaks, pay, hours, management
great first job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJune 11, 2018
I LOVED working for Burkes Outlet other than pretty much always being stuck at the cash register it was a good place to work. Had issues with a certain manager who was lazy and didn't do anything except watch me like a hawk! And it did take them like a month and a half to get my my first paycheck I liked it. I loved my coworkers! They were so nice and fun. But the hours I was lucky if my paychecks were over $200 a week even if it just part time
Pros
organized, clean
Cons
hours
Keeps you busy in a good way
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Russellville, KYJune 9, 2018
I loved this job, it got me into enjoying retail. It can be fast paced at times but it keeps you busy and isn’t super hard work. My boss would do contests to make work more fun and brought us closer as a team.
Pros
Store discounts, we unload truck so we get to see all the new items first
Cons
Can be very busy during holidays
Sales Associate
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Richmond County, GAJune 8, 2018
burkes outlet was an a fairly easy going job and helps me during the time i stayed in Augusta GA helping out my aunt in her time a need but it really didnt pay bills as much as needed
Overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SC 29575June 3, 2018
I liked working here until they got a new management and things completely changed and those changed were not what was best for the company. requested time off was harder and harder to be given, and the policy for calling out was not right, you had to call at least 3 hours prior to your shift and if no one covered you, you got a write up
travel and family like feeling
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Natchez, MSMay 30, 2018
I had the best time working there. I worked in 2 stores and worked with some of the best people on the planet! Meetings were fun, especially when we travelled.
Burkes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 29, 2018
This job wasn't my favorite job I have had, but I made friends while I was working there. The management didn't exactly follow through when you ask that you need this day off, or they will call you on your day off that you have requested off to come in.
Terrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 28, 2018
This is a terrible company to work for. They make you all the promises in the world and do not come through at all. The managers they have are not trained or hardly have any experience. They go thru people left and right.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
Terrible untrained managers, broken promises