Burkes Outlet Employee Reviews

Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 14, 2019
Great place to work, my boss was awesome and encouraging and there to help in anyway possible, and all the coworkers got along well, I enjoyed providing our customers with any and all help the needed during the time in the store.
Definitely not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, KYApril 11, 2019
Just not a good place to work. Would not recommend this place. Hours are lousy, forced to get credit cards. There are better places to work in London.
Pros
Cons
Drama, low hours, poorly managed. always under staffed. store is alway a wreck. needs better supervisors.
fun place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 29, 2019
A very great place to work all around very friendly environment, I loved working there learned a lot while working at Burke's I would love to go back
Pros
1/2 hour lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great Atmosphere, Bad Managers
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NCMarch 28, 2019
The only real complaint that i have for Burkes would be the managers and the scheduling that they are in control of. Everyone gets along very well.
Overall a decent job.
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Morehead, KYMarch 21, 2019
It’s a decent place to work. The pay is good for the job you do. The people I worked with were good to work with. Some of the supervisors were rude and disrespectful to the cashiers.
Can be great place to work, depending on managment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prattville, ALMarch 18, 2019
As the summary says, if u have great management, this will be one of the best jobs you will work. If you have poor management, it will be a job you grow to dislike.
Pros
Flexable schedual
Cons
low hours
Rating should be zero.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TNMarch 10, 2019
There for almost a year. Zero training, zero guidance. Supervisor had zero ability to keep associates on task, but was held accountable if the "team" didn't help finish the work. There was zero consistency in priorities and duties. Thirty minute lunches meant zero time for errands or to run out for food. When staffing was low, supervisors were sometimes forced to stay on premises during lunch. Pay was substandard, so zero ability to make a living wage. Schedules rotated erratically, which makes for zero home/work balance. Zero integrity. Upper management resorted to name calling during a write up. Zero professionalism. I received zero written warnings in my professional career before this job. So, I was forced to give zero notice.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Everything else
Very calm place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corbin, KYMarch 7, 2019
Very friendly co-workers, great store manager, very clean store and employee areas, very organized store and everything has a place in the store, very helpful employees.
Very supportive work place
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXMarch 4, 2019
I worked here for 3+ years while in college and I really enjoyed it. The management was great and we had quarterly walk throughs with corporate so you had face to face interactions with the whole team. Our store often ranked as #1 and was impeccably clean and organized as compared to other department stores. The pay was okay however I did receive raises, and the discount made up for that as well. So sad I had to leave when I moved but I loved every second there!
Pros
Discounts, management, cleanliness
Cons
Pay, no overtime
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXMarch 4, 2019
Burkes outlet is a great place to work. great benefits and even better mananagment. the people are all very friendly and the higher up people in the company are also very nice people
Hiring process
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hermitage, TNMarch 4, 2019
It's been 3 weeks mo communication reguarding my background check . All my other jobs did it in 5 days . A call explaining the problem ould have been nice just out of courtesy , a friend of mine worked there they messed up her direct deposit . I don't understand how such a small company has so many problems . I was cleared to work in stores with double the volume of burkes and there's a problem . I don't get it ... I just feel management is unproffessional not informing me or following up with my status
Pros
Have none
Good place for work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXMarch 3, 2019
I only worked there temporarily, but it wasn't necessarily bad. There are a lot of benefits if you work full-time. You have to be prepared to be constantly on your feet doing work. Breaks depend on how long you work. 6-7 hours receives a 30 minute break. 8+ hours receives an hour break. Overall, it's a fairly normal retail job.
Pros
Decent pay, great people
Cons
Constantly on your feet
Fun structured environment,loved working at Burkes
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMMarch 3, 2019
Great company and the work load was. Large but manageable. As with any middle management experience in America. It's hard. You can find yourself getting lost in your job. If you don't balance personal relationships and your work. But overall burkes cares about its employees and is a strong. Company. Would work for them.again if given the chance.☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
Pros
Schedule flexibility, co workers, room for growth, Amazing upper management, employees support
Cons
Pay is low
Too many managers, not enough cashiers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNFebruary 21, 2019
The job wasn't terrible, but very nerve-racking for someone in their first job. I was 1 of 2 cashiers of about 6 managers. The store cleanup would take most of the night and the manager on duty wouldn't be able to help in order to finish nightly paper work. The store really just needed more employees. Also, the pressure to get signups for credit cards was too high, barely anyone wanted them and they wanted 10 a day.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Stressfull
burks oulet does not care for their emplyees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 20, 2019
I could not hire males, I could not hire anyone uder 25. They paid minimum wages. One day my emplyee came in to work in the middle of having a epiliptic fit. I was told she had to stay, and I could not hire my sister for 1 day to cover so I would not be alone
Safe environment and supportive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Marion, NCFebruary 18, 2019
Burkes Outlet is a great company to work for. I have worked for Burkes Outlet for three years and I would recommend it as a place to work to anyone that is looking for a job.
I loved it until I didn't
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCFebruary 14, 2019
When I first started working at Burkes Outlet, I loved it. The atmosphere was comfortable and the employees were very friendly and welcoming. When our manager passed away and they hired a new manager from outside the company, passing over the assistant manager who had been running the store while our late manager was out on medical leave, things took a turn downhill. Our new manager didn't know what she was doing and began changing everything about the job causing the employees and customers to become less inclined to come in or go to work. She hired too many people so when hours were cut, those of us who where there before the newer hires had to suffer the most. I love Burkes as a company but I am not a fan of how the store is run with the new manager.
Pros
Friendly Regulars, Helpful CoWorkers
Cons
Not very many benefits for part timers, Hard to advance to full time, New Management
productive energetic workp;ace
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALFebruary 1, 2019
the most enjoyable part of work is the customers and the employees I worked with me learning new things and me listening to the things that is told to me to do better and improve on mt work status
Love the job
Lead supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 30, 2019
Its very layed back. Good environment. Everyone gets along and the jobs are very easy because its such a low volume store. I definitly recommend this job.
Regular clothing store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 26, 2019
I worked at Burkes for a few months. I liked it at first, but got tired of doing the same things everyday. Coworkers were very helpful. Burkes is an easy beginners job.
Pros
Flixable schedule
Cons
Pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burkes Outlet. Our community is ready to answer.