Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 7,488 reviews matching the search See all 7,509 reviews
customer service
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 16, 2019
A typical day at Burlington would be greeting the customers, taking transactions, putting sensors on the clothes, cleaning the store, and having great customer service.
Underpaid w/o understanding
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2019
I would explain my situation to them how the hours were inconsistent and I needed more, all they would day is "you have to go through b time" which was unfair cause it was confusing to me so ik it's confusing for elders too. This job is for people that DONT pay bills or are on assistance.
Pros
Close to restaurants, $9 an hour, atleast 16hour weeks
Cons
Max 30 hours, inconsistent schedule, overwork for 9 an hour
Dead end
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 16, 2019
Lacking integrity and full of belittling management that isn't willing to actually train employees correctly the first time around. Management has favourites and has no problem picking said favorites when they are very much in the wrong.
Pros
Cool products, decent discounts, indoors
Cons
Literally everything else about this job sucks and it's a pit.
Fast paced, flexible schedule
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 15, 2019
Typical day as dept associate, walk your area, do your SSTT, serve as back up cashier, run racks from fitting room, constantly picking up merchandise off the floor.
Pros
Given advance notice, manager will work with your schedule needs
Cons
Short on staff or cut your hours
Great Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 15, 2019
The management really helps work around your needs. I am going to school and they have worked around my schedule. the only bad thing is that with part time you are only garneted 8 hours a week.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Matteson, ILJune 15, 2019
All of the managers are very welcoming. It is a wonderful place to work. When I first got their the managers were so open to helping and making sure I was understanding the process.
Worse company I ever worked for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2019
Expectations beyond unrealistic! Only one in the organization that is held accountable is the Store Manager, zero work life balance, zero appreciation for work done, disastrous approach to freight, customers stealing by pushing entire shopping carts of merchandise out the front door multiple times a day while LP just watches, extremely high turnover, low wages for associates, extremely poor communication, operational processes that don't work, dishonest upper management ... I could go on and on.

Everybody at Burlington Stores cheats on their metrics so that is what you are competing with. Managers cheat on customer surveys, payroll, markdowns, turnover reporting and receiving associate productivity. Unless you do the same you will be fired for poor performance at review time. Upper management allows cheating and "wink-wink" encourages it. If you follow the written policies and procedures ... you will fail because they don't work.

Direction given at Burlington Stores is as clear as MUD and therefore everything needs to be redone multiple times. Upper management (DM,RVP, SVP) accepts no responsibility for anything. If you criticize or question any of them ... your days are numbered. VERY MEAN SPIRITED MANAGEMENT. When I first started there I overheard a conversation where the RVP was calling my ASM a loser. This is acceptable behavior at Burlington Stores.

Store Managers "cussing out" upper management and walking out is a fairly common last day/exit strategy at Burlington Stores. They treat their managers like dirt.

No one speaks up on conference calls because they
  more... are all terrified of being singled out (and targeted) or humiliated publicly by upper management. Even the Senior Vice Presidents do this.

Sales across the district were down double digits and the DMs explanation for that was "poor leadership" at the Store Manager level! In 16 stores? That makes no sense. If that's the case how is that not a failure of your leadership as a DM? This is typical Burlington Stores behavior.

This company looks good on paper and they talk an extremely good game during the recruiting/hiring process for new managers but you have never worked for a company this bad. Trust me!

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN RUINING YOUR LIFE AND JEOPARDIZING YOUR FAMILIES FUTURE THEN BURLINGTON STORES IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.

If you want to work for a company that threatens your job 3 times a week and talks to you like you're a backwards 4 year old then Burlington Stores is the place for you.
Fast paced
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West CovinaJune 15, 2019
Overall good job, just need more pay , for what associates do, we do tend to be in a lot of different places at times . And it is a little stressful .
Pros
Discounts, weekly pay
Cons
Low pay
Expectations too high
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  IndianapolisJune 14, 2019
Regional and district managers expect too much from the store leadership team. Which in turn puts too much pressure on the hourly associates. Causing constant turn. Not enough payroll to execute programs, and then expect managers to stay until done. Which is impossible because it's never going to be done. Too stressful.
Productive, fun energetic enviornment
Mark down Associate (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 14, 2019
I enjoy working at Burlington's. Its a very fun, energetic and family like environment to work in. My managers and coworkers are very genuine and easy to work with. While working at Burlington's, I continued to develop my skills of time management, work in fast paced environments, and solve problems.
Pros
Breaks, discounts
Cons
not enough hours, or pay
Not your typical retail
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2019
I enjoy working at Burlington because of the positive feedback you get. Most businesses spend too much time pointing out the negative and not enough of on the positive. I appreciate that Burlington doesn't do that.
I’m all over the store!
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 14, 2019
I work in all the departments in the store. I’m a sales associate then they move me to cashier. Depending on how the store is, is where they place me at.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Work environment
Good work everment
Receving (Former Employee) –  Greece, NYJune 13, 2019
Burlington is a good company and everyone works as a team . It has vanish and this vanish it all depend on the amount that has to be process.. Burlington is a hard work environment
Great Part Time Job
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 13, 2019
This was a part time job well I went to school. They worked around my schedule. The management is awesome. They really cared about their employees. If some one is in need of a part time job this is the place to work, but they only have a few full time positions.
MOI loved working there. Very fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 12, 2019
Fast learning
well worked environment and respectful management with outstanding discounts.. Enjoy when they had the red dress sales I made so. Many sales u get smiles and gift cards for being on top of sales.
Very Fast paced during holidays
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 12, 2019
Typical day at work keeping The store clean .. I learned how to do layaways returns and be very patient with the customers.. Most of the managers were lazy and not putting effort into the Job..The workplace culture was mixed ...The hardest part if the Job was keeping the store clean... The easiest part was showing up for work and doing your Job
It’s whatever
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 12, 2019
It’s not a bad place to work at. Depending on the store manager you may love your job or you may hate your job. Best advice do your work and go home. The discounts is good
Horrible company to work for
Customer service supervisor/ key holder(manager) (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHJune 11, 2019
They are the lowest paid retail store in America! McDonald’s starts minimum wage at $11.50 per hour. They start out at $9 an hour. You always have to have open availability on weekends. No set schedule so it makes it hard to actually have a life outside of work.
The store manager and assistant manager were wonderful people
Cashier/Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 11, 2019
However, their hands were tied to company policies which were NOT employee-friendly. It wasn't about people at all. It was about how much the store brought in each day. Their goals were decided by how much had been brought in by the same store the previous year, regardless of whether that day of the month had landed on a Holiday the year before. It made no sense at all.

Also, I truly believe that if someone calls out sick and you have to cover their department (like all of Baby Depot) in addition to your own department, that you should receive THAT person's pay who called out, on TOP of your own pay since you are having to do the work of two people.
Pros
The chance to help people around you be happy, the 25% discount you get eight(?) times a year on merchandise including already discounted items
Cons
You are overworked, you often can't take a break because no one can cover, you're on your feet constantly, your work schedule changed sometimes without you knowing
A fast-paced job, need to work well with others
Part Time Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJune 11, 2019
In a typical morning shift, markdown merchandise. These shifts are nice because the store is nice and quiet and you can work at your own pace.
When I work on the floor during store hours, I assist customers in the fitting room, rack clothes, and bring clothes back out onto the floor, as well as helping up front when they need it.
I've learned to not be afraid of asking questions. If you are not sure what to do, don't guess, ask someone.
Everyone is pretty friendly. The hardest part is working during the holidays. It can be quite stressful to try and keep up.
I really appreciate how I am able to easily change my availability when needed or to swap shifts, etc.
Pros
Bring food during the holidays, flexible around schedule
Cons
Rarely give raises, not much training provided

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.8K
32.1K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss