Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 6,962 reviews matching the search See all 6,979 reviews
Was hired in as seasonal expected to stay after
Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJanuary 21, 2019
Low pay , pay toll cut, poor managment very unfair, low pay for what you have to deal with , pays are all unfair some get 9$ some 9.50 some 8.25 and all do the same things. A lot of gossiping and judgmental people. They don’t praise you for your good work and I was getting four hours once a week once seasonal was over. None of the employees felt happy. The assistant managers are very biased
Pros
Employee discount
place i worked
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJanuary 20, 2019
Good workplace, nice coworkers. The pay was decent and i worked about the same amount of hours per week. Some managers were good but others weren't the best
Very Nice Place to work.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJanuary 20, 2019
Love my fellow team members. The manager is willing to work with your schedule. The hours available are very inconsistent. Great team players, everyone works well together. Most all shifts are available.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay, Hours Inconsistent
Good starting job with no experience
Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2019
Friendly hard work on time is important work as a team ask questions if don’t have the questions tell management know when you can’t make it to or if you get sick or emergency
Average
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Middletown, NYJanuary 19, 2019
It's okay you feel like you work a lot just without the pay you should earn. The hustle a bustle can be relenting for hours on end at least you get a paid 30 min break if your working hours.
needs better organization
Stock Associate/Sales Floor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 19, 2019
Needs better organization and better communication between managers and store associates, longer lunch breaks, better training for new store associates, and better respect towards everyone.
Pros
easy work
Cons
short breaks, no paid time off, unorganized
Its an okay place to work
CASHIER|BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY|VA (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 19, 2019
Only thing I didn't like was it's minimum wage. Everything else about the job was great. The training is good. They will call you back asap if they are interested. The environment was great to work in. If you don't like working weekends then this isn't the place for you.
Pros
Face paced and fun enviorment, great discounts
Cons
Pay is only minimun wage. Not enough hours, you HAVE to work weekends
fun place to work
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAJanuary 19, 2019
I was a seasonal employee at Burlington. I found it enjoyable to work there. The employees were all friendly and willing to help on another. the management was great also.
Pros
fun working enviorment
Good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJanuary 18, 2019
Burlington is a welcoming work environment, managers are understanding and helpful when mistakes are made. Coworkers are friendly, kind, and respectful.
Pros
store discounts
Cons
short breaks
Great discounts on clothing and accessories, always stocked shelves neat and orderly.
Customer service representative /Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJanuary 18, 2019
Management and staff was friendly and helpful. Lack of hours. Inconsistent staff knowledge and reliability. GM made me feel uncomfortable and stressed. Poor scheduling and lack of training.
Pros
Great discounts on accessories and clothing.
Cons
Inconsistent lack of hours.

Want to know more about Burlington Stores?

Ask a question
Don’t waste your time with this place
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 17, 2019
So working here was probably the worst decision of my life. I wish I would’ve never stuck around for as long as I did. I’ve never in all my life worked in a place where everyone was so unhappy, mean and malicious. This place will send you to your freaking grave. The amount of work you are forced to do is not worth the measly amount of money. Managers and supervisors are incompetent and unprofessional. They lack understanding and have no regard for their customers or employees. Besides the poor working conditions, the place is a mess and quite frankly an utter embarrassment. I feel like working here brought down my worth and value as a human being. I was actually embarrassed to tell people I work at this location. The sad thing is there’s no excuse for the condition of the place. I’ve been to other Burlington’s and they are clean and more professional by a mile. The truth is that they honestly do not care about their staff or the customers. Please do not waste your time with this place. I wouldn’t wish these kind of conditions on my worst enemy.
Pros
Cons
Toxic environment, too much gossip, Over worked, underpaid, stressful, exhausting, humiliating to work here, little is done to resolve issues, poor management
Disgusting place to work.
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJanuary 17, 2019
I’d give this no stars if it was an option. This store is disgusting! The staff and management are unprofessional they do not care about their customers or employees. The bathrooms are always out of order there’s been times that the toilet water from the bathrooms seeps through the floors to the men’s section. You can literally smell the bad sewage when you walk in there. There’s pieces of the ceiling falling in the women’s section. Overall the building is disgusting. Lines are always super long. They are severely understaffed. Working here is embarrassing I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone. The management all talk and gossip about each other and can’t work as a team. Receiving department is especially terrible. If the supervisor doesn’t like you you don’t get hours. They purposely make your life a nightmare to make you leave. Don’t waste your time with us place.
Pros
Absolutely none
Cons
Short breaks, terrible communication with management
Excellent work to work. Very friendly and cooperative
receiving Assocaite, Floor Associate, Markdowns. (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILJanuary 17, 2019
Excellent management, friends and coworker. Loved my job. Very good experience. I would highly recommended. I learned how to work with different people. We help each other. the enviroment is excellent.
Pros
Good environment to work.
Ddfgfbhhhhhvxt
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MIJanuary 17, 2019
The ant right money not good and communication is off to many days off not enough hours.all they care about us money i dont have nothing positive to say
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor quality
Productive work area.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 16, 2019
Hiring was immediate. Flexible work schedule. Employee discounts. Bad security issues. Theft was daily problem. The security teams caught the thieves but let them go.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Theft
its stressful
RECEIVING SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXJanuary 16, 2019
There is no comucation at all. there goal is money, no orgaination,,there integrity is not well at all. you don't get feedback. there's no leadership at all
Very stressful environment
Recieving Associate (Current Employee) –  Stratford, CTJanuary 16, 2019
Just a overall crazy unprofessional unorganized place to work the managers don’t communicate the workers are loud and unruly it’s just very stressful to work in that enviornment
Trabajo habitual
Customer Service/ Associate Store (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Trabajo habitual en Atencion al Cliente, Cajera, Asociado de tienda
Manager sucked and scared the other managers to suck too
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Margate, FLJanuary 16, 2019
My ex manager sucked and was the type to use to rule book to his advantage. Burlington could be a good if they pay more attention to the customer feedback and associates feedback try to collaborate the two for solutions
Pros
Meeting people
Cons
Everything else
Over worked and underpaid
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 15, 2019
I spent my time over the holidays (Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Christmas Eve, New Years) at Burlington. The store is HUGE and you have to walk your entire shift around the store picking up clothes off the floor, organizing merchandise (OVER AND OVER AGAIN), cleaning up the dressing room, ringing people up on the register, walking to the back of the store to get a layaway and running it to the front, getting talked down to by managers, getting asked every hour if you have a walkie-talkie, getting asked if you're ignoring managers because they don't know how to speak properly into a walkie-talkie, getting attitude from co-workers that aren't in charge, etc. I only took this job because it was seasonal and I NEEDED something to pay my bills. Little did I know that $9 an hour doesn't really add up. This job was not worth my time and if you have bills to pay, it probably isn't worth your's either. Do yourself a favor and take my advice to NOT work for this company until they can pay their employees at least $12 an hour. Seeing as they made around $85,000 in one day (that I know of) I really don't see why they can't. Rant over.
Pros
You get to look at clothes
Cons
Very small paychecks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.7K
31.9K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight