Burlington Stores logo

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 84 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,498 reviews

Low Pay, Hard Work

There was barely training for my position I applied for. You have to learn as you go which makes you prone to have more mistakes and get yelled at. Also the pay is very low considering all the hard work Associates have to do early in the morning. Coworkers are very friendly and welcoming. Overall this job is good to get some experience as a first time job, but for long time, no thank you.

Pros

Nice coworkers

Cons

Low Pay, fast-paced environment

good

I love my job. take care of the clothes section, make sure all sizes, tags, and security are on it. putting clothes right place. Keep the store neat and clean. keep customer satisfaction a priority.

Not a good place to work at

It’s not a lot of hours at this location it’s good for people looking for like summer Job I don’t like it at allTreat all the good workers bad and half the staff is gone

Pros

Cons

Disfunctional, mange rude and not a lot of hours

Doesn't pay well

I only stayed because of the people not the company ,they can not keep employees pay is very bad. Work is overwhelming one cashier at night one person to recover the hole store people get hired and only stay for a week or so or just don't show up for there shift .

Pros

The people

Cons

Some time not break's, pay is very low, register's are old upper management doesn't want to hear they need to pay people more money

Good hourly wage job

Worked as a cashier and the pay was pretty good and the people were nice. Just had this job to make some money in the summer. Sometimes they asked me to do things not in my job description which was fine. Management was fairly nice.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long days, short breaks

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Good hours,good pay

Work was good. Hours were even better. Good enough to where I had a good home work life balance. Location is great as it's right next to a coffee shop I eat at frequently. All in all it's it a bad place

Pros

Cons

N/a

Great Employees

Stressful, but a fun working enviorment with great staff. A typical day consists of interacting with customers and providing great customer service. There are days where it gets overwhelming but honestly it wasn't that bad.

Pros

Growth Opportunities

Cons

Stressful

Burlington is a great store i love it but when I was working there was a supervisor who don't have any respect for any of the employees we report her.

I learn a lot and i make a lot of friends co workers but i left because I was looking for more than just cashiers..now I'm team leader supervisor fron Sams club for more than 1 year and i love my job so that we're I was looking for..thank you so much for the opportunity Burlington.

It was ok

Working there was fine. Of course there was drama, gossip, unprofessionalism sometimes but other than that I think we had a good team. They cut my hours though so I had to find better

No Training

I was hired to for CSS position and would be trained. The first day I was there, the manager throws me on the register. I never did receive the training for the CSS position. Don’t work here. You’ll be used, overworked, no breaks and thrown under the bus.

Jobs at Burlington Stores

See more jobs

It is good place to work for career starters. I got promoted within two and half years in my worked almost four years there. However, their salary is not good enough.

a good company to work for. There is so much to learn and there is also room for growth. Excellent team to work with and you definitely feel at home always.

Its honestly a good place to work at but they don't pay very good.

I enjoyed working at Burlington it sucks I couldn't keep working there for personal reason though. The only problem was the pay there pay is very low. I mean we stand there for very long period of times we bend over a lot. But overall I liked Burlington.

Burlington coat factory

Burlington coat factory is a great company I seen myself growing with the company the store is in a safe and good environment I got along with co-workers and managers

Great place to work at, if you're looking for a secure job with good hours.

The company has great management, if you're consistently working there. Will get promoted soon. Need to be motivated. A little hardwork, but keeps you busy and entertained

Pros

Secure, friendly, flexible.

Cons

Pay

N/a

It's nice working environment friendly coworker they have lots of employee it's enjoyable working place I like it olny need to take alook about pay and hours

I was excited but it quickly changed

Management was why I left. They were very rude and disrespectful and would not help you. I was forced to work overtime when I said I couldn't and told I couldn't be paid for it. The main manager knocked everything off of the display tables, told me to fix it, and made fun of me while I picked everything up. That wasn't even my section. I felt beaten down and humiliated everyday

Eye opener to different clothes

It was a good experience when it comes to knowing different clothes. I enjoyed working there because I usually enjoy shopping and discovering new outfits

Very cheap company

You have to work too hard with a lot of stress . Some Management aren’t friendly and just push you to be hard worker without any thankfully!!!! I never back to work with this company!!!

Most stressful job.

Good luck if you think you can work here and getting hours.You need another job to make living . The place is massy un organized.the bathrooms always dirty so as lunch room.You better be one of managers favorite to get a little hours.

Productive, fun energetic enviornment

I enjoy working at Burlington's. Its a very fun, energetic and family like environment to work in. My managers and coworkers are very genuine and easy to work with. While working at Burlington's, I continued to develop my skills of time management, work in fast paced environments, and solve problems.

Pros

Breaks, discounts

Cons

not enough hours, or pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6K

InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.5Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Burlington Stores with

• Burlington Stores
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?