Burlington Stores

Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

United States11,499 reviews

Found 11,499 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,532 reviews
coatstorediscountcashiermerchandisefactoryassociateretail

its an ok place to work at

sometimes you will end up doing 5 different jobs for the pay rate of one most of the people that work there are nice the hardest part of the job would be the customer yelling at you because the lines are HUGE

Pros

some managers are nice

Cons

very busy

dont recommend

they talk bad about each employee. they are rude and disrespectful. they tell you to do other peoples jobs because they dont want to do their own. you get payed $10 an hour and thats not enough for everything they have you doing. they give all the hours to the people who work in receiving and its not a stable job for an everyday basis. not enough hours for those who want to work. everyone quits.

Pros

discount is okay

Cons

short breaks

The company support s it's employe's

I feel like we are always supported by our bosses and I really like their open door policy of of talking to anyone at any time that's nice I don't feel like I have tip toe or worry about loosing my job. I enjoy getting my paycheck every week from my job.

Pros

The pros are we have great boss.

Cons

And the cons I'm a shop acholic I do save 10 % of my check and not spend it on clothes .

Very bad company

My co-workers was the best part for going to work but the management sucked and was the reason why they have a high turnover rate and pay is horrible.

Nice and cool environment

Hands down one of the best retail store I work at. The schedule is flexible. The only downside is the customers mistreating merchandise. But a very cool and good environment to start out with as a first job!

Okay work environment

Management is okay. Hours are flexible, but cannot self schedule. Busiest during the holiday season and back to school time. Pay less than minimum wage.

The Good and Mostly Bad

Store Manager would constantly come to where we are and mentally harass us. They’re not considerate of your hard work and feelings. Would actively tell us we’re not doing a good job regardless of how much we’ve accomplished that day. In result, many people have resigned same day due to mental stress. I wouldn’t say all Burlington Stores are like this, only the one I’ve worked at. Fortunately, Supervisors would stand up for us and help where they can. Most employees are nice and others are but of a hassle to be around.

Pros

Free lunch (on some occasions only)

Cons

No Paid Time Off, No Benefits, No Room To Grow With Company, Pay rate drops without notice, and Little to No Accommodations

Great company culture

Burlington has a great company culture and everyone is so friendly. Management is great at the company as well. Long hours for not so appealing or exciting work.

Productive and making good connections

I only work there in seasonal and I had somewhat of an experience in Burlington. I worked there as a cashier, on the floor meaning looking for clothes and putting away clothes, and going in the back meaning hanging the hangers or organizing. I enjoy working with people and was able to make connections. Despite the customers, I really enjoyed talking to the employees they helped me to be prepared in my job. It was easy to manage.

Pros

Amazing staff members

Cons

Slow management, bland customers, short launch breaks

Great work place

Worked here for a year and loved it. Great opportunity to move up. Very friendly. Flexible shift. Managers are nice and understanding.The best training.

Hot unbearable workplace

Hot. Terrible management. Some place you would not want to socks.. cut hours. When things happened between employees the did bare minimum to fix the problem. Which lead the problems to continue.

Cons

Hours cut. Short breaks if any. Hot backroom. Over worked. Management sucks.

Productive and Fun Workplace!

I actually love working for Burlington!Sales Associates:Are responsible for recovering the entire store with 1-2 co-workers.+Low Wages and Heavy Workload are common here!

very accepting workspace

I quit due to lack of pay. and only being able to work no more than 40 hours a week. and $9 an hour wasnt enough for me. the managers were very respectful but im looking for a better paying job

Good job

This is a good job if you’re someone who only needs part time hours or who just wants to make a little extra cash outside of your full time job.

Mostly productive and friendly environment

There are ups and downs. The pay and hours could be way better. As well as more respect could be shown from one associate to another concerning how one may do their job differently. As long as what another associate does or how they do their job still falls within the company guidelines and restrictions.

Pros

15% discount and mostly friendly environment

Cons

Short breaks, not enough hours, and not enough employees doing their job and/or doing their job correctly

Bad workplace

They give you very short breaks and the job underpays for the work you put in. Usually they give you stuff to do that’s fine but at times it feels like the workload is too much for one person even though they have a lot of workers on the roster. The best thing about Burlington is the breakroom. And that’s the truth.

Decent workplace

Temporary job, can’t make a career out of it.I’d suggest the mornings as it’s more peaceful and lease crowded with customers if you are introverted. I think there should be longer lunch breaks at the job.

Solidly OK

Mediocre leadership. Lots of favoritism, if you’re not in the “inner circle” you don’t know anything because the communication is so poor. They fire some people for attendance points while allowing others that exceed points to stay. Management doesn’t listen and won’t change anything. There was one associate that cared and made things fun but they left. Management does nothing for morale. Payroll is so low that it’s the bare minimum of workers scheduled but they expect you to do the work of five people while doing everyone else’s job because there’s never enough cashiers scheduled. Pay is garbage though and management does nothing to bridge the pay gap from associates who’ve been there any length of time to those just coming in at a higher minimum wage.

Not a good paying job. Poor management.

Managers sleep with floor employees. Schedules are done on a daily basis. U punch in late due to managers never opening or arriving on time. Pay is not worth your job titles. Cleanliness is never enforced unless corporate is going to pay a visit.

Pros

Friendly co workers

Cons

No breaks, no lunches, poor scheduling, too hot environment

Good place to work ay

Pay is not much but it a good workplace and everyone works good together. Everyone is held accountable to the same amount of work and expectation. Good place to work at

Pros

Growth

Cons

Pay

Good people and a fun place to work

I give it 3 stars because the pay is not very good and so often your hours are cut and you can’t depend on a decent paycheck. The place and people however is a very fun environment to be around. Loved the work in receiving department but couldn’t stay with little pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.7
InHerSight Score
2.2Personal Development
3.2Career Opportunities
2.6Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Burlington Stores with

Burlington Stores reviews by popular job title

• Burlington Stores