Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 7,525 reviews matching the search See all 7,546 reviews
Fun workplace
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 24, 2019
The people I worked with were really fun. The only bad thing were the hours their were weeks where you only worked 1 day out of the week for 4-5 hours.
Fun place to work at
Burlington Coat Factory (Current Employee) –  Apple Valley, CAJune 24, 2019
Worked at Burlington before and loved it I was a cashier and doing sales floor there too it's a fast environment where you have to keep up on everything your on a task for
Productive and Mechanic
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edgewater Park, NJJune 24, 2019
I like work in Burlington, is a very nice place to work , however things sometimes are very mechanic, meaning, no time or space to change or improve at the spot.
Long days
Operations Assistant/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, MAJune 23, 2019
Long hours and they do not recognize hard work and effort that mangers or employees do.
Benefits okay but could be better with time off
No growth in the company
Productive and fun work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTJune 23, 2019
Its my favorite job I've ever had. I work in the fitting room and it can be an overwhelming mess some times. But im very fast so I have lots plenty of time to relax and help customers. Is crazy during the holiday season but what do you expect in retail. Everyone is very nice and coolest managers ever. I work at the wvc, ut location. I love getting paid weekly.
slow business
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2019
The air conditioner didn't work so it very hot but it wasn't really a fast pace job. Everything was very unorganized and it was too much. the store also had an odor.
Terrible management, divided associates and stressful environment
Supervisor/Full time associate (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJune 23, 2019
The employees are all divided into their own clicks, everyone throws everyone under the bus, management was petty and spread rumors about their employees, pay isn’t good, the atmosphere is chaotic and stressful and they don’t care about their employees.

They make you follow around sketchy individuals for hours until they leave the store or run out with merchandise. This is unsafe and unfair to the employees.

I worked here for over 3 years and it was the worst experience of my life. I’ve never stress cried, had so much anger or been so overwhelmed in my life.

Just don’t work here. It’s terrible all around.
It was a simple and productive working experience
Retail (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 22, 2019
I would walk in at 9am head to the back of Burlington’s employee locker room. Then sign in on a sheet with our names on them. I’ll look for my manager ask “what position he needs me in today?” I’ll work on restocking shelves with items or unboxing and price tagging items all the way till 5pm, which is when my shift ends. I’d say its a pretty easy job for me to get done for and doesn’t take a toll on me.
Great work enviorment
Sales Floor Associate/ Markdown team (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXJune 22, 2019
Burlington was a great job. The people there are very friendly, as long as you handle the task they give you will be fine. It is not too fast paced so you will not fall behind.
Pros
Environment, discounts, co-workers
Cons
Few hours
Nice coworkers and supervisors
Back of House Team Member (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 22, 2019
The job culture is great. I only wish we were payed more than $9/hr, but it’s understandable and it’s not a high end job. Managers are generally understanding and usually, if you are a great employee, they give you the time off you need. I really don’t have any complaints about this job, besides the schedule being the worst. It’s easy and the people are fun to work with. But it’s frustrating to deal with the schedule and excuses management gives us for it.
Pros
Nice people, fair breaks
Cons
Sometimes schedule is whack
Work friendly environment
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2019
Would recommend this job for anyone who loves to interact with customers and putting things back where they belong. Also to help with management when there is a project to be done.
A lot has changed since I have worked there
Loss Prevention Agent (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJune 22, 2019
Most , if not all the managers I have worked with are all gone. In regards to shoplifters, we had incidents almost on a daily basis. Staff judged us by how many shoplifters each LP Agent caught. The more you caught, the more respect. Management was very supportive and showed their appreciation by offering advancement. Again, this was during my time. The hardest part of the job was the turnover in LP Agents. Some had some type of security experience but had no apprehension skills. At times it got physical and this is what seperated the "men from the boys." (we did have female Agents that did outstanding jobs.)
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Low pay; high turnover for LP Agents
Employees are great!
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Live Oak, TXJune 21, 2019
The only thing is you have to manage your time and be quick to get everything on the floor before the store opens, for little amount of money. The Employees are very nice and welcoming.
Do not waste your time applying
Recieving (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 21, 2019
Burlington is a very stressful place to work in recieving, especially as a male. Turnover is very high in this department because were not treated with respect. We are always very understaffed because new hires only last a couple weeks before finding something better. Female recieving employees have an easy time because they are not expected to lift much or even touch the trash, they basially just hang up clothes the whole shift. On my regular shift we had 7 females and 2 males in recieving, yet us 2 males did all of the hard labor. Male employees must do all of the physical work unloading the truck and throwing out boxes into the trash compactor. We start at 6 but they do not turn the AC on for us until the store opens to customers at 9:30. There is too much physical work being done without help from other employees and we don't even get air conditioning. We make minimum wage and do not have benefits. Even after 2 years of working for Burlington I never had the oppertunity to sit down with management for a review to discuss a promotion or raise as promised.

Management will overstep boundaries by sheduling you overnight for a shift the next day. If you tell them you can't make your new suprise shift the next morning, they will get upset and threaten to fire you, or tell you that you should have been fired already. They say it is flexible scheduling but will punish you if you can't make a last minute change they made to the schedule. Additonally, there have been many mornings that I arrived for my shift but the keyholder is running 20 minutes late so we
  more... all just stand outside and wait for them to arrive and let us in.  less
Pros
The co-workers
Cons
Management and scheduling
Run away do not take this job dont even let a family member take this job
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 21, 2019
Let me start by saying I'm not done bitter ex employee who got fired or something I just recently quit tho after an argument with management. I am the only man on an all female receiving team. We have been short staffed the entire year I worked here and Everytime someone gets hired they quit because they treat their employees like complete garbage. The store manager rarely gets off his but and when he does it's to nit pick at little things like items being misplaced a few shelves off. If ylou need anything he refers you too the manager underneath him who honestly is a really nice lady she just has a mouth on her but I genuinely do think she is a good manager but expects alot minimum wage. The job consists of unloading the truck into pallets then opening the boxes and tagging and putting in shelf easy enough. Problem is since everyone is new no one knows what they are doing and we only have four hours to do it so if u don't get it done ur being harassedsed by management and being told that u have to stay untill done or written up. Keep in mind management doesn't do anything. So if we don't finish then it just piles up and the next day or must be done plus that days requirements. Also keep in mind the day employees come in an hour before we leave. Their job is to stand around and look pretty and do not help any of the receiving associates they just complain and remove stuff from shelf and bring it to back management often socialize s with them as most of them are friends and can be frequently spotted doing nothing but talking and gossiping daily. In other wards there is no  more... teamwork at this store at all. The supervisors do the bare minimum as well. I dk how to put it but this is the worst job I've ever had by a mile and I feel silly for complaining about any other job in my life. I took a new job who called my store for a reference and the store manager told them I was a horrible employee and it amazes me that knowing it's minimum wage he would stop me from reaching a better opportunity and lie. All in all this company is bad from top to bottom. They are number 451 in revenue generating companies in world and pay 80 percent of the work force minimum wage. I've never worked somewhere that management degrades u for simply asking how something is done why something is done and why no one else will help me. If u took the time to read this don't bother working here I'm saving u alot of stress and anger when you are treated like a peice of trash worked to death and for no money at all. Ur time is worth more then this trash company trust me. Especially if ur a man stay far away and as a woman be prepared to be gossiped about and constant drama while no one works because accountability does not exist here.
Also the women don't take trash out I took a week off and came back to 56 bags of trash I had to throw away. I have pictures I can upload. Their excuse for not doing it and this was the store manager "not my job it's your job pick up the pace the shoes need to be done before you leave" which again is on video.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Management is awful, women are not required to lift anything over ten pounds and take trash out and crush boxes, minimum wage maximum effort, on call, short staffed, treated like a sweat shop, no AC for morning workers (clicks on when store opens) and I could go on and on
Could be better
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJune 21, 2019
Pay is above minimum, paid weekly on Fridays. Management works you hard and doesn't care if you are sick or injured. All management cares about is saving money. Some weeks you get 30+ hrs and some weeks you might get 12
Do yourself a favor, don’t work here
Markdown Associate (Former Employee) –  CtJune 20, 2019
Was seasonal turned into markdowns when I didn’t want the position to begin with. Stuck with it for 6 months until the final straw was having to take a half hour for working 6 hours (when I only worked 12 hours a week) and one day was missing an extra half hour of pay when I most certainly did not. Also the story about when my store would have inventory was changed 7 TIMES in the span of a month. The sixth time we were told it was canceled because of high numbers and it wasn’t needed... blessed that I work for a local business now.
Also the amount of work I did compared to my pay was not worth it AT ALL.
Pros
Short work week for markdowns, good coworkers
Cons
Pay, stress from corporate
Stressful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJune 20, 2019
Theres Always someone trying to have you do something when they weren't the one in charged easy tasks, so much favorites there Always pointing fingers a eachother
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2019
Burlington was a fun place to work, it was easy not so much heavy lifting and not to many difficulties, the manager was also good and understanding. The one in (University Mall Btw)
horrible managers & workers
Fitting Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Glen Oaks, NYJune 20, 2019
customers are rude, co-workers refuse to help you, managers only care about getting a job done but get upset when you don't know how BECAUSE YOU WERE NEVER TAUGHT. managers don't care if you have other responsibilities, they think Burlington is your first priority. i hated that job but the main reason i left is because they scheduled me to work during the times I had school & no matter how much i spoke to them they didn't hear it. it was always “this is the time you are scheduled for your job, you better show up” (Glen Oaks Burlington)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.8K
32.1K
1900

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss