Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 6,772 reviews matching the search See all 6,788 reviews
Fun workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LANovember 15, 2018
I loved working here! Everybody was like a family there! I did however only preferred to deal with one particular key holder manager the other ones acted stuck up like they were better than everyone else.
Pros
Coworkers, fast paced sometimes
Cons
All except one member of management
Overall Pleasant Place
Cashier/ Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILNovember 15, 2018
Burlington is overall a pleasant place to work, the managers there are pretty great at working with the employees with regards to the scheduling. This is great because I am a college student who at times needed to switch shifts.
other stores are great ours NOT
Markdown Associate (Current Employee) –  PANovember 15, 2018
I love the job, hate management he has favorites will take work away from other workers for his favorites, yells at you in front of customers. Does not appreciate your work. God forbid if you get seriously sick you will be told it isn't a good enough reason to be out. Will hold position but will not promise it will be there when you come back. You are not allowed to talk to other workers. If you make him upset or you miss work he punishes you with less hours. Started out getting 18 hours a week now down to your lucky if you get 4 to 12 hours lately it's been 8. He get's upset that you aren't hitting your numbers. The same team got everything done in 18 hours now we are expected to get it plus done in the 4 to 12 hours. The manager wants the job done his way or it's the highway. There is no open door policy upper management will do nothing about him. We had grass roots at the store he convinced them all the bad feelings were for the old manager. Most of the new associates didn't know the old manager so that point was a lie. He is a dictator.....other than that I love my job and the other managers. Oh we have an associate on our team who is slow and misses sections we have said something to management about this and her being super nasty to other team members. All management will say is I know and that is the end of that. Also there is no holiday pay, time off, or any type of benefits period the only thing the part timers get is the 15% discount which at varies times it goes up to 30%
Pros
love the job
Cons
pt get's nothing
Tenso
-long hours
-night shifts for new empolyees
-can't change hours
-paid less than minimum wage as new employee
This job I personally did not enjoy. The management was not secure and efficient. This was not a promoting job. do not be too friendly with management do your job and go home. Come to work on time. Time and attendance is a serious thing.
12000 yearly
Flow Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 14, 2018
The cary store is a joke management changes schedule at will they make you work longer than scheduled,work 8 or more hrs NO LUNCH and MAYBE a break....trust me I worked there
Pros
Only pro was basically same time every day
Cons
No lunch maybe a break, I could go on and on
Not enough pay
Stocking and Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 14, 2018
The pay was very low. It was not enough to even be worth it. Some weeks I would only be scheduled for 11 hours and others it was 30. The management had just changed and no one was on the same page. I was placed in the stock room but, I was hired to be a cashier.
Pros
discount
Cons
pay, hours
Good place to work for part time associates.
Cash Handler/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CANovember 14, 2018
Burlington works well with part time employees. If your looking for full time employment I'd suggest searching for another company. Also pay starts at minimum wage. I have worked at this company for 4 years and I'm only making 11.20 an hour. for 12 hrs a week.
Pros
work well for part-time workers
Cons
Full time work and hours extremly Limited.
Na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 14, 2018
Management can be better. They work with you in everything tho the hours aren’t enough. Store manager can sometimes take things out on you trying to have you feel guilty. Loved it in the beginning but now it’s just favoritism all around. They expect you know the new things they’ve changed while you been gone even though they only schedule you twice a week. You basically have to ask what’s changed instead of them informing you.
Fast paced
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Douglasville, GANovember 13, 2018
Enjoy working at Burlington just not enough pay for the amount of fast paced work. I love the hours just not enough. Would love to grow and just want to learn more than one position
Fun workplace
Loss Prevention Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2018
Sometimes hectic especially holiday season . Great people working there. Management gave everyone chances . Didn’t treat people nobody different. Great place to shop. You’ll get the help that you need.
Stressful and Unethical
Sales Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVNovember 13, 2018
The management team harassed multiple people in a short time span. Over worked and set unrealistic expectations. Verbal and physical harassment by the store manager.
Retail Sales Associates
Sales Floor/ Cashier /Markdown Team (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 13, 2018
Employees at Burlington work in specific apparel or decor sections within the stores. Duties include assisting customers effectively and keeping sections clean, orderly, and appealing motivate the team, improving teamwork among staff. Tasks include overseeing associates, resolving customer questions, and improving the guidance.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Rotating Shifts
Very nice people and culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 12, 2018
Everyone is treated equal at Burlington regardless of their age, skin color, etc.. Everyone is nice from the management to the associates, it is a very exciting place to work at.
Cons
Hourly rate for associates is small
Overall, its a great work place & community.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 12, 2018
Overall it is a great work place and community. Workers are very generous and helpful, when you dont know something your coworkers are always willing to help out with whatever you need.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Floor sales
Floor Sales (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDNovember 12, 2018
Stocked shelves, racks, cases, bins, tables with new or transferred merchandise. Overall my work experience with the company geared me towards a customer service skill.
Buen trabajo
Supervisor de linea (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 11, 2018
Un muy buen trabajo de mucho aprendizaje donde nos enseñan como enviar mercancia a diferentes tiendas y tiene muy buenas oportunidades de crecimiento muy buen equipo de trabajo y una buena organixlzacion a la hora de trabajar
Good place to learn about working in a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 10, 2018
Working at Burlington taught me how to deal with difficult people. It taught me that just because someone is in a position of power does not make the professional.
Great Company to work for
Assist Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 10, 2018
Great place to work. Good benefits provided. Employee discounts.Fast paced to work at. Learn new responsibilities every day. Different tasks done on a daily basis. Assist our customers
Too fast pace
Accessories/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 10, 2018
-hours were longs
-managers were extremley rude
-long hours
-night shifts for new empolyees
-can't change hours
-paid less than minimum wage as new employee
Pros
-two breaks
Cons
-breaks were not long enough

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.7K
31.9K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Burlington Stores.

Powered by Comparably