Burlington Stores

2.7Pay & Benefits

Found 55 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,688 reviews
coatstorediscountcashiermerchandisefactoryassociateretail

Laid back environment

I have worked for Burlington twice and both times have been different. When I first started working there, we were opening up the new store. Hours were good, pay was a little low, and the staff was very friendly, eager, attentive, and worked well together. We were operating at full capacity (way before covid), the store was fully stocked, and clean. While working there I was working in receiving and had moved to another department. The former managers were about employee engagement, proper training, continued development and internal promotion. When I left, the store was getting low on stock, not enough staffing, meaning store was not as clean. When I came back years later, there where a lot of new faces and some old faces. Management had not changed their ways, store was reduced to half the size, stock was running low, the pay had increased by only a few dollars. They cut hours in the off season, they will also cut hours if there is not a big workload. No potential for growth, not enough resources, training is very minimal, not much has changed.

Pros

Laid back environment, work life balance

Cons

Management, pay, communication, lack of hours

Ehh

Its okay I guess, management doesn't respect religious beliefs. I said I can work any day except Saturday because I attend church. Then put me on the schedule to work on Saturday. I did it once to be nice but when they put me again after I told them I cannot work that day, I just didn't show up. Then proceeded to act like I had not talked to them about not working Saturdays due to religious reasons. The whole time it was always the same person I had talked to. After that they just stopped putting me Saturdays, they thought they could take advantage of me because I am a shy and quiet person.

Burlington Stores insights

Based on 8,150 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

This job treats an associate like you are not human

Work is overwhelming and stressful .There is no team work between shifts No communication No organizationBreak room has mice and roaches all over Sometimes no bath tissue Not a safe work environment No space

Pros

Cons

Disgusting work environment slave workforce

It’s not a good company to work with

The company expect you to do too much work in a little time. The work is overwhelm. The store has a very late schedules. Now the store closes at midnight on weekends. It’s so dangerous at that time because at that time there’s no customers only people that come to the store to steal. Usually it’s only part time job from 12 to 20 hours a week and you have to be available on weekends. Benefits only for full time associates. In the store only three full time positions available besides the supervisors. No job security at all. Regarding management sucks. No respect for associates.

Pros

Very nice coworkers to work with

Cons

Overwhelming tasks

A very mid-job

The environment is very clique-y. People aren't that friendly, and anytime someone would talk to you it would be to talk poorly about management. Most of the time you are assigned a section to fix throughout your whole shift and given no direction beyond that. It was very boring.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Boring job, not the best environment

it’s nice

i never had any problems here. the people were nice. one thing i’d criticize is the fact that sometimes they would have one person in the department. As in they had no one in the morning but have somebody come in for closing. But other than that it a nice place to work. It’s retail

Over worked and underpaid

You work hard and the schedule is always unfair so you never get a work life balance. Even more so the hours of business suck because they don't close till midnight witch is ridiculous and very inconsiderate.

Pros

the scheduling sucks and have to do the job for 2 people so now currently seeking other employment

Cons

nothing

Good part time job

Burlington stores Management and hr are super friendly and the work environment is comfortable and dependable. This company for a great part time job! The managers listen to when you can and can’t make a shift and even offer extra shifts if you are up for it.

You'll be better off somewhere else...

The $500 sign on bonus is great bait to pull you in but, you need to be in 'good standing' for 3 months to receive it (no call offs & be as close to perfect as possible) & new associates end up leaving in about 2 weeks. You'll need to guard your confidence & self respect since there will be nitpicking & you might feel picked on. My coworkers were great but, about a dozen have left in the past 3 weeks & at least 6 of them are actively looking for a new job. You can make more money elsewhere, work hard but, be happier. You'll hear thru the grapevine that there's not enough money for payroll so, you could have your hours cut in half. But, there is favoritism so, you might be fine & able to pay your rent since this happens towards the end of the month. Everyone should realize that there is no such thing as the perfect job but, you'll find that Mgmt causes the drama more than anything else you'll encounter. Keep scrolling & just. say. no.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

See above

Lack of proper training/ extra and super hard tasks if you’re a hard worker

Long hours, horrible pay, stores are not managed wisely. If you show you’re a hard worker you’re just met with more tasks than others. Lack of proper training for cashiers which in turn make it harder for those who know what they’re doing. Impossible to move up in position. Just an over all mess.

Pros

Pretty relaxed dress code

Cons

Basically everything else

Terrible.

*Current employee* Always short staffed with way too much work. Long hours for low pay. You’ll be there 10+ hours sometimes & they barely want to give you any breaks. Management is TERRIBLE. They think they can talk to you any kind of way and expect you to be okay with it. They have no communication whatsoever. NO Set schedule. The Job is really not enjoyable, it’s a fast paced job but the time they give you to complete a task is outrageous. it’s just too much

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

No Communication between managers. Short breaks.

If you like retail you’ll like it here

This is a company that will work with your schedule. You have to like retail and working with people from different backgrounds to enjoy this work including the staff.

Pros

Pay-

Cons

Culture can be negative if you don’t have a kind leadership.

Overworked for a meager wage

Asked for less hours to focus on school since Im a full time student and school comes first.Still was working almost 40 hours a week. Managers will call you in on your off days to guilt you into coming in. Don't work here. The wage was a joke.

Pros

Made a few friends

Cons

Everything else

The coworkers and managers are fun to work with and I met great people, the only issue I had was a lack of flexibility from work and home.

The store can be fun to work at and the coworkers and mangers are great people. The fun part was the adrenalin I would get from stopping shoplifting. The only issue I had was in some weeks and months I had a lack of flexibility between work and home. An example was when I was given 7 days to work in my schedule, this happened to me a couple of times luckily I was able to change it but it was annoying to deal with.

Pros

The breaks are good, you get two 15 minutes breaks and one 45 minute lunch break.

Cons

lack of flexibility from work and home.

You will never be bored

Lots of great people to work with. Long /late hours sometimes. Lots of times there are really messy people you have to pickup after, that can be a pain.Getting to rearrange the the store is great fun!

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Employees that don’t show, makes it hard on others

Good

I loved working there. Just didn’t have work enough hours. Everyday work schedules would be crazy. One day you go in at 7am Next day at 7pm. So every day wouldn’t be the same schedule. Payday is every Friday. Loved it. But only thing is it would get packed. Short on staff not the business.

It was okay, but the upper management has unrealistic goals that is passed down to mere associates.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Burlington Stores is a whackJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Burlington Stores, I think you are very replaceable

Managers lacking

None of upper management on the same page. Lots of favoritism and changing of rules depending on moods of the days. Complaints of buck passing, especially about receiving, fall on deaf ears. New store manager trying hard but not everyone is supportive. Rarely get any recognition for working hard (except from new manager) and in fact usually told to move faster. They don't seem to believe in the old adage you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Nice Managment, Easy Work

I would clock in super early because of my position, but I also got off pretty early in the day. We would get straight to it, I scanned all the items in the store to see what went clearance. It was soo easy. We also got first pick at new clearance stuff haha. Which was neat. Coworkers were chill. Hardest part was having to go through every single item (but they might do it different now idk) Good work environment, no complaints rlly.

Awesome

It’s a great experience. Every one is like family. Smiling enjoy coming to work every day. Managers are very understanding to life situations. And always willing to help

It was ok

It was alright. While I was working there I didn’t have a car so I had to walk and maybe that affects my opinion of the job. Looking back it was actually a good place to work. Pay could’ve been better.