Burlington Stores Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Very fun staff and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 22, 2018
It was a fantastic place to work. I love helping customers find exactly what they’re looking for, and showing them what’s the best bang for their buck.
productive
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 19, 2018
great place to work
fast paced
great hours
weekends off if needed
I worked any shift and covered two floors. It was a face paced mall set up and I worked regular shifts.
Pros
friendly
Cons
some customers were rude
Fun fun fun
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  11346 n.2nd st. machesney park ilApril 13, 2018
I loved working here lots of fun putting outfits on mannequins and seeing all the sales and clearance racks. Loved seeing customers come back and become regulars in my cashier line.
Pros
Work went by quick
Cons
Some managers suck
SALES ASSOICATE/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 6, 2018
there is no chances to move up in this store. the other employees are nice but management does not treat them well. If your part time you will get 15 hours or less a week, full time gets 40 minimum. but there are very few full time staff. the store is constantly understaffed so the stress on the employees that are scheduled is high. they will higher you to be in one department but its unlikely that you will stay there, as you are constantly moved around. hours are sporadic so do not expect a 9 to 5 job. oh and if you change your availability due to school, your hours will be cut even more.
Pros
Cons
poor employee treatment
Sales Associate - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 6, 2018
Good and fair employer. Flexible schedules and friendly co workers.
Good employee discount and benefits. Fast pace daily work enviroment. Good loss pevention department.
retail
Cashier/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 3, 2018
My first retail experience and turned out to be a fun job with a good experience. At times it did get crazy, especially with returns and price checking, but really enjoyed the job.
Pros
the staff
Cons
the mess of clothes
Work place
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDApril 2, 2018
It cool to work their need more raise the manager they was kool but they need to hiring more sales associates and cashiers it would be better if they do hiring more people
Pros
Lunch break and chill
Cons
Short break
I don’t work there n
West York - sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Manchester york paApril 2, 2018
I don’t work there no more buy it was a good company paid every weekend give you good hour when they wanted too you work with other people and you learn different things every different day
Good job
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 14, 2018
It's a good job that is clear cut and easy with good people to work with. Though dealing with rude people and constant shoplifters sometimes makes it a stressful job. Your hours are constantly changing so its hard to have a second job.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTMarch 13, 2018
Productive but stressful. Must be ready for busy weekends, and sometimes weekdays. Cashiers have many responsibilities. Hours seem long, but not if you are working hard.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
short breaks
Calm and collective job that provided benefits and helping hands
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYFebruary 24, 2018
Working at Burlington is experience to remember not only the customers were Interesting but waking up every day and seeing your friends to be able to complete tasks that were hard was the best part Burlington was not a hard job to work at. Yes at times it could be fast paced the best for me to drive better you’re working together as a team to complete the dirtiest jobs even though you just cashing customers out sometimes those jobs could be easy but as long as we were together and we show each other that we are a team the job could be easily done
Pros
Extra breaks, discounts
Cons
Unorganized at times
Good place but the management...
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 23, 2018
Burlington was a good place to work for the most part. I loved working retail but the managers in retail are never great. Burlington is a learn as you go type of environment but it is very easy to pick up any task there. They always gave me good hours and we could even pick up extra hours if we wanted to. There were no playing favorites there. The managers were absolutely horrible though.
Decent Part-Time Job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 21, 2018
This was my very first official job so I was very excited to start work and have my own money. My manager was great I don't think I've have had a better manager since, he really took a chance on me giving me that job with no real work experience, and taking me under his wing personally showing me how to do different tasks at our job. The culture was good for the most part, of course there is always a few people you don't vibe with but it didn't ruin the experience for me. My typical day would start out putting my things in the break room and clocking in for my shift, logging in to my register and making sure my station was clean and neat throughout the day, as well as answering customer questions and concerns. On nights I would close, it was my responsibility to help clean and prep all registers for the morning shift pick up miscellaneous items and put them in they're respective areas.
Fast paced workplacd
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2018
It was a good workplace. Lots of nice customers and employees. Durning the holidays there is a constent amount of customers coming in and out the store
Fast Paced
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 14, 2018
A easy going environment to work in. The customers are great. I learned how to operate on the older registers they have. The hardest part of the job is working at a pace were you can get your work done while still helping with front end at the same time.
Pros
always could use more hours
Cons
poor communication among managers
Friendly work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Burlington Coat Factory provided a friendly environment between customers and employees. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there as as cashier and sales associate.
n/a
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJFebruary 9, 2018
it was really bad management and they are unfair. a majority of them are nice but they treat you bad and only care about the workers. I wouldn't recommend working there
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Productive and easy to work with
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Myres FLoridaFebruary 8, 2018
For it being my first job, it went very smooth for the several months I was there. I enjoy communicating with co workers who are friendly and respectful to others even the customers were great to work with
Reason im seeking employment is because of them!
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORFebruary 7, 2018
Good interview, hired within week or so....30-40 hours/week for about 3-4 weeks..after that for cpl months hours dropped to 10-12 hours/week...for the last 2 months I have had zero hours but still listed as an available employee! I've had meetings with mgrs to ask if I done something wrong and was told no, that I'm a good employee and do my job well....there's just no available hours.....so here I am looking for a new job!
Pros
Employee discount, great co-workers
Cons
Everything else! Lack of hours!
Good work enviroment
Sales Associate-Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Fast paced friendly setting. Management was fair. The most enjoyable part was working with the customers. Company supportive with the flexibility of scheudules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K

2.5

2.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight