Burlington Stores
Happiness rating is 61 out of 100

Burlington Stores Pay & Benefits reviews: Cashier

Worked as a cashier and the pay was pretty good and the people were nice. Just had this job to make some money in the summer. Sometimes they asked me to do things not in my job description which was fine. Management was fairly nice.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days, short breaks
Great people! no rude customers. Great working hours and pretty good pay. Havent had a bad experience yet. Love the managers, very caring. All co workers are great!
Pros
Good pay. Great hours. Great co workers
Cons
Typical work day usually consists of constantly standing on your feet while ringing up customers, sometimes nice, mostly rude, but that's to be expected when working in retail. I've come to prefer working on weekends since there's usually more coworkers around to help you if you encounter a problem, such as a missing barcode, helping out ringing up other customers to make the line smaller, or getting a price check. On weekdays, there's only one or two cashiers, sometimes being the only cashier yourself, and having to deal with an extremely long line that seems to never end. Some days would be so busy that I would miss a break and would end up ringing up customers the whole day without a chance to do my other tasks as a cashier.The work schedule isn't especially ideal either. I attend university as a full time student and tried to change my availability to account for my study time, since I've found myself failing my classes but it was rejected by my manager. On top of that, they are tying to assign me more hours to work, and I've had to miss classes more than four times a month since I've started working. On the other hand, my coworkers have been very pleasant to work with at least.
Pros
Good Coworkers, Discount Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Extremely busy at times
I enjoyed my short period of work. It was part time Friendly team members. Management was supportive and I felt they had concern for their team. I got a better paying full time job and more relaxed hours
Pros
Frequent treats.
Cons
Short breaks
This job is great if you're a teen wanting to get a few bucks on the side. The pay at my location started at $14 an hour but they rarely give you good hours, so if you need money this isn't and shouldn't be your main source of income. Also, management at my location was terrible. They'd constantly hire new people and lessen other employees hours, it's almost like they don't want to pay their employees.
Pros
15% Employee discount
Cons
Little to no hours
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Hours/schedules are sporadic. Pay is low, but since it's an entry level job I'm not surprised. Communication between management and the rest of us was poor. Store hours are completely ridiculous and unreasonable. As a part time employee, they will exploit your status and have you working just up to 39.5 hours so they don't have to pay you full time benefits. Look elsewhere if you can.
Pros
Weekly pay, employee discount
Cons
Unreasonable store hours
Honestly you could easily find something better than wasting your time here. The management is awful and don't bother giving them your availability because they're just gonna schedule you when they want anyway. The pay isnt worth the stress.
Pros
Cons
Management, schedule, pay
Good part time job during high school. Nice coworkers and good management. The pay was lower than many other cashiering jobs around the area.
low hourly rate. No holiday or overtime for part-time employees. have to stand on feet for too long. if busy, don't have time to take your lunch break.
There are amazing people to work with but the mangement is not that great and I didn't really have my schedule respected when I worked. Don't let some managers try to manipulate you and guilt trip you into changing your schedule for them as if you owe them. Overall the discount was great but the pay and hours sucked.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Poor management, poor scheduling
Overall the workplace is very competitive and you’ll be expected to be flexible with your hours. They’ll get mad if you don’t agree with their hours, and good pay is uncommon. There is a lot of bad attitude, and unbalance.
Pros
Employee Discount, Friendly Co workers
Cons
Attitude, Short Breaks
They didn't care about their employees at all. They do not hire full time employees so they don't have to offer benefits. They broke the law by not providing chairs or stools for employees standing longer than a 6 hour period of time. Wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. Not even to shop
receive 15 percent discount. New hires receive a higher pay than people that have been working there. If you bring it to management regarding the pay it falls on deaf ears.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
the pay
It's was okay nothing special. No benefits, no time off, scheduling was a headache despite them having my availability. Minimum wage pay. Co workers were pretty nice for the most part.
Pros
Its better than having no job.
Cons
No paid time off
it was great! in the location I worked at the management and supervisors were very nice. very flexible in terms of hours and were mindful of my school schedule
Pros
great people
Cons
okay pay and no advancement
As a new employee, everyone was patient with me during the training period. The afternoon hours can beget busy and hectic. Managers were fair and professional.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short breaks
This place a joke. Pay is horrible the supervisor at the front end is never around to help. Training is nonexistent and hours are hard to get. They have chance store hours to later but have no coverage to help customers.
Pros
Emploee discount
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Great job if you are in school, but not that great because of barely any hours given and pay is low. I am not sure they give raises because I’ve never had one before.
Pros
Fast paced sometimes
Cons
30 minute breaks, no hours, low pay
Great job for those who are new to entering the workforce, such as teens. Easily understandable tasks when working. Downside is that they don’t give many hours, even if you have full availability. Often, on your non-scheduled days, they will call you in and if you say no, you can feel the disappointment. 15% employee discount which occasionally goes up to 30%. 15 minute breaks and 45 minute lunches. Casual dress, you don’t have to wear black and khakis anymore.
Pros
Good for beginners, Employee Discount
Cons
Doesn’t schedule you often
pretty easy job . 12.75-13.50 was reasonable to me. wish the schedule was more consistent though. the dress code is unreasonable and the managers were musty af sometimes.
Pros
nothing
When it comes down to it, it all depends on the management that you have. It was hard trying to schedule my availability to work where I had to repeatedly get onto them. I was scheduled on days that I was not available. During holidays you work long hours with minimum breaks. After awhile 9 dollars is not worth it, but it is something to work with. Overall, it is what you make out of it.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Short break, long hours, management