Burlington Stores

2.7Pay & Benefits

Found 429 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,388 reviews
coatstorediscountcashiermerchandisefactoryassociateretail

Good hourly wage job

Worked as a cashier and the pay was pretty good and the people were nice. Just had this job to make some money in the summer. Sometimes they asked me to do things not in my job description which was fine. Management was fairly nice.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long days, short breaks

Honestly don’t even try.

Honestly , worst job ever. You have to have at least 9 hours available on both weekend day to stay an employee. If not you’re call in only. No lunch options, only 30 min unpaid. Customers are the worst part. Pay was terrible as well.

Burlington Stores insights

Based on 7,580 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Weekly pay

They have a weekly pay. This job is okay to work for a check. I wouldn’t build a career. They are any okay company when it comes to working with your schedule.

Working here

This place sucks no hours and they don’t have ANY PAYROLL. Management definitely had favorites. Never wanted to do schedules by availability. Being a teen and working here was horrible. never a set schedule and always making you feel lesser due to age. Managers never want to reply to messages and pay always comes a week late. Part-time got no benefits besides 15% off, but no bonuses.

Good meantime job

Good for a first or temporary job but I don't recommend staying here long term. Pay is very low. Raise was 25 cents after 6 months. It can get very stressful due to lack of cashiers who are purposely not scheduled. High turnover rate. Closing depended on manager and could be well past midnight. Store bought food on holidays and participated in dress-up days. Break room was very modern with a working TV. Payed weekly. Flexible with shift hours.

Good place to start working

Easy for somebody who just started working. The training was outdated, but easy to learn. Lots of organization and little to no paperwork. Starting pay is usually $10 an hour.

Pros

Peaceful calm environment

Cons

Short breaks, low pay

Fun workplace

I’ve enjoyed working with coworkers and leads. It’s a nice area and customers were friendly. Bad scheduling and wont give you 40 hours. Discount is pretty good and available throughout different holidays.

Pros

Fun workplace

Cons

Pay is bad, no hours hardly but always hiring 🙄

It's retail

It was stressful and the customers can make retail hard to stay . There are never hours because they are always cutting payroll. They do not offer anyone full time employment.

raise pay

need more people and need higher pay. customers can b rude and long lines. coworkers were okay but needs to desperately increase their starting base pay.

Low hourly pay and late hours

The pay is very low for what we do $9 and the hours vary greatly. Some weeks ill have 10 and other weeks 25, during the holidays I could be working full-time hours and the store in open very late. My managers are nice its just the pay that sucks.

Low pay Horrible hours

honestly its low pay and if u dont get hrs the job is trash im making only about 100 bucks a Week . if u dont have any need for money but want cash they a good place but u could never live off working theree

overall wasn’t fun working there , didn’t enjoy it.

they barley give any hours and the managers are rude. chaotic and unorganized. also it’s not very flexible. Some of the employees are nice , some don’t know what they are doing which cause chaos.

Pros

dress up days

Paid weekly nice co-workers

All was well during the holidays but hours slowed down and the store became short staffed which often times left a load of work on 2/3 ppl. Checking out customers’ purchases, returns, or layaways. Recovering floor items that are in the wrong place, replace hangers in receiving room, check/maintain fitting rooms, stand at the front door and pretend to be Security for shoplifters

Pros

Paid weekly nice co-workers semi-flex schedule

Cons

Shirt breaks too many supervisors not enough employees

It's Alright

It isn't perfect but it's not all bad. The job itself is pretty easy to learn and the coworkers are nice 95% of the time but the pay is low and the place is always understaffed. Thanks to it being understaffed you're doing a lot more work than expected. The customers also can get very rude because it.

Pros

Coworkers were nice

Terrible

This job was so unprofessional when I first started working there I just got thrown in with no real training and then over time they cut your hours and overwork you . They literally will leave you at the cash register by yourself and not care ! I ask for that flexible schedule they be talking about to get my hours switched you think they did Chile??! Lmfao work here if you want good luck ! Place is trash. Job is trash and you barely make anything at all.

Pros

Discounts, weekly pay

Cons

Treat you bad, barely give any hours and all the other cons I named

It was alright

It wasn't the worst place to work. A couple of the managers actually really cared and tried to make the store better. Almost never fully staffed so you were always getting asked to come in in days off.

Pros

Free lunches, nice break room, 15 percent discount.

Cons

Consistently understaffed.

Not a good place to work.

Pro: the employees I enjoyed working with. Fun to be around and most of them were always great efficient workers. CON(s):Didn’t pay enough, expected you to do more than what they pay you. Raises and evaluations were BS. Opportunity for growth were inconsistent than what they were promoting. Corporate makes idiotic decision after idiotic decision. For example: No longer having loss prevention or security as if people were just going to magically stop shoplifting; Never giving us a big enough budget but then wonder why we don’t have enough people to do all the tasks they require. Caused many employees mental and physical stress which resulted in many walking off the job. Store Manager was a real piece of work with no communication skills, no common sense, super stubborn and total disrespect of his employees and even his authority figures. Avoid working at this location. It’s not worth it.

Underpaid stressful job

Burlington was an underpaid stressful job, with lines going all the way back to the store and supervisors most of the time just looking instead of helping.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

Pay, stress

Good for teenagers to build there resume

Only good for part-time , teenagers or if your trying to make extra cash for summer time. Overall it was a good place to work at everyone gets along just fine.

Ok place to work

It can be a good first job but nothing long term, flexible schedule but limited days a week. A lot of nice people work there and great management. If you need something for few days a week, could be job for you

working here is okay as a first job (for retail) but after a while, you will get very tired of being overworked and underappreciated.

My co-workers were very nice people and we had a great time when we worked together. With us being understaffed we had to work 3 different jobs for the pay of 1 ($9.25). There is absolutely NO room for growth so do not expect a pay raise no matter how long you have been there. The company needs to reevaluate its values for its workers.

Pros

nice coworkers

Cons

short breaks, very low pay, overworked