Burlington Stores Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 938 reviews matching the search See all 6,776 reviews
Very nice people and culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MINovember 12, 2018
Everyone is treated equal at Burlington regardless of their age, skin color, etc.. Everyone is nice from the management to the associates, it is a very exciting place to work at.
Cons
Hourly rate for associates is small
Good place to learn about working in a team
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJNovember 10, 2018
Working at Burlington taught me how to deal with difficult people. It taught me that just because someone is in a position of power does not make the professional.
More like a high school job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 5, 2018
This place is a joke. No room for advancement. No hours. Management talks about everyone. The only great part about the job was helping the customers.
Pros
Helping customers
Cons
Low pay, barely hours
Unprofessional and unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALNovember 4, 2018
When I first started at Burlington I felt it would be a good place to work. I was wrong. A typical day is spent doing your job and someone else’s as well. I spent a lot of time on the register which means you can’t get much done, but management expects you to. They never have enough cashiers. Most of the employees were friendly, but management was a different story. Management was unprofessional and messy. Managers would talk about employees behind their backs. Make rude comments and remarks about people. The store manager is rude and shows favoritism to certain employees. This was the worst job I ever had and do not recommend anyone apply here unless you’re desperate for a job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Cutting hours, Short breaks, Not enough people working most of the time
Great management too little co-worker`s interaction
Shoe Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDNovember 1, 2018
I did not feel accepted nor welcomed

I learned that customers want to be helped fast and well

I loved working with several departments like clothing , food, homegoods , accessories .
Pros
let you explore the store
Cons
Not enough communications between workers
Wore many hats little pay
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Gilroy, CAOctober 30, 2018
I do owe it to l Burlington for training me in various roles to gain extensive experience but the pay did not reflect my job duties. They only offered ten cent raises at the time of my employment which was in 2009.
Pros
Discount on items
Cons
Over worked, had disrepsectful boss
Not a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 25, 2018
A place with no real management the people did what ever they wanted with no punishment. The old managers were too lenient with their employees. Not a good place to work if you want to work in sales
Productive environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 23, 2018
It was a great environment to advanced in life skills such as commutation, taking on challenges, and critical thinking. All of the employees were amazing to work with.
Horrible work place
Men's Department Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Hampshire concordOctober 22, 2018
Place and managers were awful. They didn't work with their employees and were stuck up and rude. I am happy that I no longer work there. They don't understand people have lives outside of work.
Cons
Rude managers.
Management and lower staff communication
Clerk/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIOctober 19, 2018
Management does not communicate very well with employees. If u have a problem it normally takes up to a week to be solved. I gave 110% and still wasnt good enough for management.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Lack of communication
Very productive, friendly work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Highland, INOctober 18, 2018
I truly love the job more money would be a plus. Fast paced, customer service, I believe they take care of their employees in reference to benefits, the pay is higher than other retailers as well. Employees can switch their schedule with others without management approval as long as employees are responsible
Burlington Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJOctober 15, 2018
It was a well rained organization, the pay in particular was not as nearly as much as the work that was given to all employees. Although the pay was not as appealable, they did have a very great business approach in bringing in more sales.
Don't work here
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 13, 2018
This store is the worst. A lot of great employees but horrible store manager. Rude, non appreciative & extremely ungrateful. Lies to upper management with no repercussions. Lost many great employees and security guards left due to management.
Pros
discount
Cons
everything
used to work here
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAOctober 9, 2018
I used to work for this company. And its not easy. One they expect a lot from you. If you're a cashier a lot of times you are left by yourself to do a job of two people. If your in the floor is the same you are responsible of one area by yourself. I only recommend people who have already have experience working in retail. However, the people here are really nice and are willing to help you.
Productive and fun work place
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 9, 2018
Hands down best place to work for I’ve have worked places where management sucked and when I was hired on for Burlington i totally noticed That the bosses where the best I’ve ever had . If anyone where to ask me about Burlington I would always tell them good things about them because I enjoyed working for them.
I don't know what to say
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  6500 Reisterstown Rd plaza Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2018
I have been working at Burlington for 3 years
I was happy but, right now I don't have any word to say, I go ther and do my job.
But I think everything is ok
Pros
Before we used to have, but right now is only on holiday and we have to bring our on food
Cons
I dont know what to say
Fun workplace
Part-time Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  El Centro, CASeptember 25, 2018
Typically greet customers and provide for there needs. Fun workplace great chemistry within staff always an easy going and upbeat environment. Great management!
Pros
great workplace
Cons
rude customers at times
Worked as sales associtae
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYSeptember 20, 2018
Worked as a retail sales associate. I learned that working long hours can be difficult once the person is used to the job daily. I managed to help keep clothing and other products organized and be put where they are belonged. The hardest part of the job was not be respectful to the customers. The most enjoyable part was working other employers and communicate with each and every person on what they experienced on the job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
SALES ASSOCATE (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 19, 2018
your store associate team are Welcoming everyone is with smile as they clock-in.
your teams are always there with you when needing help at the same time. everyone plays a part and knows what they are doing. Management is nice and work with your schedule.
Great temporary job
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 17, 2018
Not really a cool place to stay at. If you are good they'll give you hours, otherwise you won't get much.There are chances in advancement but you have to be a good and loyal worker. Getting to know a little about every section of the store can get you a long way. Full time positions aren't open as much but when they are they make sure to post it and offer the position before hiring outside.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K

2.5InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight