Burlington Stores Employee Reviews

Found 7,502 reviews matching the search See all 7,523 reviews
Burlington was very customer friendly and it’s a great place to work.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2019
From the day I started working at Burlington till the day I left, I always felt accepted. They are great with training and care so much about their employees. I would definitely recommend this job.
Very stressful and not many hours
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth, NJJune 19, 2019
Working for Burlington was like slave work. You work so hard but get paid so little with few hours. The workers didn’t make you feel comfortable at all.
The Manager Isnt That Helpful, But The Job Is Fun
Retail Receiving Accociate (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 19, 2019
When I first started working here, the manager told the employees to teach me but it really wasnt that helpful. They reviewed "everything" I needed to know very quickly and they really didn't teach me everything. The job seems very easy now but the manager expects us to finish things at a very stort time. Especially me, who is still very new to this job, still figuring out how to do things and still having a hard time finding out where clothes are supposed to be hanged. The employees are okay for the most part, somewhat kind and helpful but the manager doesn't seem very much helpful at most times. Seems that the manager doesn't have time to discuss your situations or questions. Also has been cutting off my hours and letting me leave work a couple hours before my actual leaving time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor Management, cut hours
Terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIJune 19, 2019
Management at the westland location is a joke. Absolutely no communication between the managers and staff unless its negative. Constant hour cuts. Such a petty, hostile work environment.
I like my job at Burlington. I left because I was moving out of state.
Receiving Associate (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJune 19, 2019
I like my position there. My boss was very nice and helpful. I left because I was moving out of state. i could have put in for a transfer in the new state but was not sure what was in store for me once we got to the new state.
Pros
Management was helpful and friendly.
Cons
Part time hourly positions offered only
Workplace
Lead of accessories (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, NYJune 19, 2019
I have had my ups and downs with the company up until the end of April it was great.The company itself is not a bad company to work for but you need a group of management that works similar so the employees don’t get confused.
busy place to work but everyone is nice
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 18, 2019
I loved working at Burlington. I was really sad I had to leave for a personal reason. its a great starter job. the staff are very friendly. the manager is so nice I loved her.
Not great, but not completely horrible
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 18, 2019
Management doesn’t appreciate the work you do. You get your hours cut all the time. You’re never moving fast enough or doing anything right. Even if that’s how they trained you. Same work every single day. Not paid enough for the work you do.
Pros
Early shift start time - leave before 4pm, most saturdays off
Cons
Hours per week, pay, management
I love and miss the people I worked with.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  302 bush river rdJune 18, 2019
I would apply there again part time. The job is not that hard the more you come in the more you get paid, I loved picking up people shifts. I love our every other month we get up to 30% off discounts.
good starting place for work
Merchandise processor (Former Employee) –  Kirkwood, MOJune 18, 2019
fun people to work with; not enough hours. scheduled hours changed without notice. Limited air conditioning in workplace. Easy job to learn; on the job training
Good team work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Caguas Municipio, PRJune 18, 2019
It's a good place to work with others. We are always helping each other to achieve the best customer service possible. The salary its like a $1.75 more than the minimum, you earn lot less for all the hard work you have to do in a very fast paced environment. But at least is a job! Great for young people that are studying.
Pros
Good for gain experience
Cons
You can have weeks/months without working
It felt like an uphill battle
Customer Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2019
Its an ok place to work but it seems as though the more qualified employees regularly get passed over for other employees that seem to cater to management
it was a organized place to work
Cashier Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 17, 2019
the employee were nice as well as the customers. they always made sure the shipments were there on time and some employee made sure that everyone felt welcome in the store.
It was fun to work in receiving with lots of co workers but the management was bad and they never helped to anything.
Recieving Associate (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 17, 2019
I liked to work in receiving because the hours were 6 or 7 am to 2 or 3 in the afternoon. However, they would time is to sensor piles of clothes in a certain amount of time and it was stressful. The pay should've at least been $12 an hour.
customer service
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 16, 2019
A typical day at Burlington would be greeting the customers, taking transactions, putting sensors on the clothes, cleaning the store, and having great customer service.
Underpaid w/o understanding
Cashier/Sales (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 16, 2019
I would explain my situation to them how the hours were inconsistent and I needed more, all they would day is "you have to go through b time" which was unfair cause it was confusing to me so ik it's confusing for elders too. This job is for people that DONT pay bills or are on assistance.
Pros
Close to restaurants, $9 an hour, atleast 16hour weeks
Cons
Max 30 hours, inconsistent schedule, overwork for 9 an hour
Dead end
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 16, 2019
Lacking integrity and full of belittling management that isn't willing to actually train employees correctly the first time around. Management has favourites and has no problem picking said favorites when they are very much in the wrong.
Pros
Cool products, decent discounts, indoors
Cons
Literally everything else about this job sucks and it's a pit.
Fast paced, flexible schedule
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJune 15, 2019
Typical day as dept associate, walk your area, do your SSTT, serve as back up cashier, run racks from fitting room, constantly picking up merchandise off the floor.
Pros
Given advance notice, manager will work with your schedule needs
Cons
Short on staff or cut your hours
Great Management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJune 15, 2019
The management really helps work around your needs. I am going to school and they have worked around my schedule. the only bad thing is that with part time you are only garneted 8 hours a week.
Fun place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Matteson, ILJune 15, 2019
All of the managers are very welcoming. It is a wonderful place to work. When I first got their the managers were so open to helping and making sure I was understanding the process.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burlington Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.8K
32.1K

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss