Burning Man Employee Reviews

4.8
Ratings breakdown
Hard work but great payoff
Operations & Project Manager (Former Employee) –  NevadaMarch 21, 2018
Working for Burning Man LLC. was an enjoyable experience. Would I reconsider working for them, probably not. It truly is about the experience. I don't have any regrets.
Working with volunteers who love art.
ASSISTANT MANAGER OF ART SUPPORT SERVICES (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA/Black Rock Desert, NVMarch 12, 2018
Working for BM is a rewarding job. It is challenging but it teaches me how to push my limits. Leading a team of inspiring volunteers motivates me to be a better leader but also keeps me humble. My team has so much collective talent. Every day is a learning experience.
Pros
I get to work the amazing people. I get to build giant art structures in a hostile environment.
Cons
Living in a hostile environment (hot/cold, dusty and remote). Long hours
Hard work and man hours
Builder/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 27, 2018
I love burning man, like many people do, and it was some of the most difficult work I have done. We are all on unstable ground in harsh conditions collaborating on art projects. Everything is usually against you out there, even your own team sometimes. I enjoy hard work and play. At Burning Man you get both. It leaves you satisfied and accomplished. The creativity and art people come together to make still leaves me speechless. Overall its a really good experience.
Pros
Free Food, Drinks, Showers
Cons
Hot, Dusty and Extremely Dry
this is wheird
Dispatch communications Crew/Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2017
I only care to submit info voluntarily - given the unique nature of the job position and time frame in which a lot of event production gets squeezed into a small amount of time, I think information could easily be taken out of context.
Fast paced, amicable, and supportive place to work
Artist Support Services Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  Black Rock City, NVApril 21, 2017
Burning Man isn't for everyone, but for those enjoy the fast paced day to day in a harsh physical environment helping international artists with their large-scale art builds, it is an amazing experience.
Great staff!
Barback (Current Employee) –  Gerlach, NVDecember 13, 2016
I had a lot of fun serving these folks. Never a dull moment!
Everyone was very friendly and made my job a lot of fun. Every year is a blast!
Burning Man is life
R&B Mobile Business Owner (Current Employee) –  Gerlach, NVJuly 26, 2016
wake up have breakfast with the crew, morning meetings, job assignments and you go to work with a smile on your face.
Pros
You get to meet people from all over
Cons
when the end comes and you have to say goodbye