Burris Logistics Employee Reviews

Selector (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 3, 2019
It’s a great place to work with a lot of great people and great pay. Burris is a top 10 job to work at n the state of Florida HR treat everyone like family..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
15 minutes break every 2 hours
Quick paced
Scanner Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTAugust 29, 2019
Place is good to work for if you want no life. Got hurt on job and they barely kept me working there. Didn't care if I got hurt. Just sat me in a corner and didn't talk to me. Made me cut paper for no reason
Warehouse
Reach truck operator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill ConnecticutAugust 17, 2019
The place is very great love working there I have worked there for six years now companies going nice and strong l A lot of great benefits great place to work for management is awesome they work with you they care about you no matter what they make you feel at home I recommend this place to all my friends and family members so y’all know I’ll be retiring from there another 20 years that’s my home
Dont care about employees
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2019
Burris was a strong company with lots of opportunities and great pay before Like great benefits, pay, etc.g Their employees were the primary focus for burris. However, Burris has declined in all aspects. New hired drivers took over our routes and given our new bed trucks. Now, we have no bed or a place to rest after long drive of 7 hours or more..miserable working conditions..Just be aware pay is low compared with other jobs in the same field. Ready to move back in another place!of 7 hours straight
Give or take!
Selector (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJuly 28, 2019
All people in management role's or supervisor positions are all puppets. They have no say and fear their jobs, based on what the GM say or believes. None of them witness the difficulties of what the employee have to work through on the floor. Because They all fighting to sit comfortably in the office. They can not help or defend you, when it comes to a problem on the floor the company could've avoided. Instead the focus will all ways come back to you in a form of a write up aka coach and counseling. You seriously can't go to HR, because HR is connect and fear for their jobs as well.
Fun
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJuly 18, 2019
Fun place to work,no problems....! Hours were great,equip was always in great shape,never had a problem with pick ups or deliveries.Would (and have) recommended burris to other drivers.
Pros
Employees, Friendly work place
Cons
Hrs were good
Terrible
Receiving ClerkReceiving (Former Employee) –  ReceivingJuly 17, 2019
Terrible Management horrible culture treat people like they’re all expendable Company cares about no one’s family only getting the product out the door
Management doesn’t care about you
Warehouse Picker (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDJuly 7, 2019
They talk behind your back and will treat you like big elephant feces. They say they believe in safety but I seen associates jumping off equipment with still moving. Associates don’t stop in isle intersections or have common courtesy to let you go first. You can report it and ofc management says they will look into it but don’t do anything about it until some one gets hurt and they fire you for for reporting it. reporting it.
Bad Recruiter
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 4, 2019
First off i have 20 years of driving experience and a safe driving record. I responded to an add on Indeed for a Burris job running out of Portsmouth NH. I received a phone call 2 days later, describing the job details: hours, location, pay, days on/off benefits ect. I told the recruiter i was interested, but wanted to speak with my wife regarding the position. I asked the recruiter to send me via a text or email all the information she supplied during the call so i can review everything. She said she would, and said i could text or email her if i had anymore questions. Two working days go by, i still had not received the information. So I called and left a message and friendly reminder. Another day goes by (3) no response, so I text and email. Again, no response a week goes by. Three attempts i made, no response. 2 weeks later Burris still has not filled the positions, New Adds for the position recently posted on Indeed. LOL way to recruiters....pretty bad business practices.
Pros
Pay seems like it would have been good
Cons
Recruiter, not so good at her job (Florida)
Productive and steady work place.
Lumper (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJuly 1, 2019
Decent place to work with competitive pay. Great benefits and a mandatory of forty hours each week. Safe work environment and some team play with fellow employees and employer's.
Great living. Great people to work with
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 14, 2019
From inside the warehouse to out on the road Burris was a great company to work for. I made an awesome living working there, now you do have to work for it and put in a lot of time. Bit all and all if I ever moved back to the east coast I would definitely look at going back to work for them.
Pros
Great pay/awesome benifits
Cons
Poor job work/life balance
No life different short notice same day start times and be called wi ty h start timr
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTJune 5, 2019
Lots of 5 Burroughs mislead with perk extras city drop and hook detention not extra is incuded in 1300. Pay stub is labled as commission work weekends and force dispatch...Dispatch unprofessional only a few are for Drivers or does well also paper logs slip seat trucks trucks filthy must come on hour early dont get paid for it most drivers dont fuel 3 people in dispatch need not be there would be smoother Truly not enough pay for burroughs NYC LI NY no life no time work eat sleep and all week ends must work 6 days force dispatch. Liked Driving to BJs locations schedule days off pay not good
Pros
Give food but you come 3rd do itd picked over really for office emp
Cons
Benefits paid good after 90 but uou pay before optional 150 plus
Work Hard and you can earn money.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 1, 2019
Most positions are incentive based. If you work hard, you can earn a really great rate. There is almost always overtime available. The base schedule is 4 days, 10 hours per day. Sometimes you'll work less, but usually you'll work more. Peak season, they'll add a mandatory 5th day to your schedule.
Pros
Great benefits at a very low cost. Free 20lb turkey at Thanksgiving!
Cons
It's very cold in the freezer!
Busy work environment.
HR Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 31, 2019
-Document management.
-Organizational structure.
-Relationship engagement with coworkers and employees.
-Orientation speaker for new employees.
-Confidentiality.
Pros
Constant and routinely
Cons
Ethical principals were compromised.
Learning
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Harrington, DEMay 24, 2019
A learning experience to be ready for the future. An opportunity for growth and opportunity A chance to make a job into a career. Involvement in everyday operations.
Top notch refrigerated warehouse team!
Ammonia Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 16, 2019
I honestly enjoyed all aspects of working here. If you are a driven individual with a good attitude the sky's the limit for your potential to shine. This company literally will take you under their wing. Everyone works as a team to achieve the common goal of making the customer beyond satisfied from maintenance to the front office.
Pros
Free meal's, great benefits and family environment
Nope
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Rocky Hill, CTMay 5, 2019
If you like favoritism and being apart of it, here's your job. To stressful and the amount of money they pay you isnt worth killing yourself over the job.
Pros
Co workers.
Cons
Management, Favoritism, Hostile at Times.
Horrible place to work
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 28, 2019
Supervisors are bad.don't train well. A lot of drama and spiteful people. No advancement. No raise. No career. nepotism. Pay wasn't good and hours are horrible
Pros
It's a job
Cons
All around bad place to work
Do Not Recommend
Warehouse Selector (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 28, 2019
I was hired at the New Castle location. During my time there was constant turnover of team members. Poor management was a big reason. Lack of communication from the top, to the supervisors, and to team members made the work day longer and more stressful than it had to be. Constantly working 11 plus hour days. The company kept bringing in new accounts to pick for without the slightest clue on who or how these accounts would be managed. Biting off more than they could chew and leaving the team members out to dry. Not willing to give raises to those who deserve them. Management was terrible when it came to work life balance. They did not care what you had going on outside of work especially when it came to family. They always kept telling team members you are here until the work is done like they didn’t have families to go home and see. Always looking for reasons to write people up and try to fire them. Thus the constant turnover and crazy mass hirings. Highly recommend not working here.
Benefits
Cons
Work long hours, no home life, management, and pay
na
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDApril 18, 2019
Order selection, loading, hilo replens, and quality checkers. They work 6 days a week and the work day is not over until all orders are picked, checked, and loaded on the trailers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burris Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.2InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight